80 Columbus Circle at 60th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork/dining/asiate/
- Phone: (212) 805-8881
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 7:00am - 10:30am
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 2:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Saturday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday, 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Angie Berry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Asiate's Semi-Private Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling views of Central Park and the Upper West Side. The dining area accommodates for parties of 10 to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Iwona Luksza 2128058881x
A word from Asiate
Mandarin Oriental, New York’s signature Restaurant Asiate perches above the city on the hotel’s 35th floor, showcasing panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline from 16-foot floor-to-ceiling windows. The restaurant seats 90 guests and features a private dining area that seats up to 12 guests. The sophisticated décor of the space balances the urban surroundings with a nod to the hotel’s Asian heritage with a look inspired by exotic orchid florals. A glittering wall of wine creates a chic backdrop for a memorable dining experience. Known for her diverse tastes, Wine Director Annie Turso developed collection of close to 1,000 selections which has captured Wine Spectator’s 2014 Best Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asiate reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (143)romantic (112)special occasion (110)fit for foodies (64)notable wine list (55)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (31)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (11)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- GloriaDined on 11/15/2014Magnificent views of Central Park/Columbus Circle. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNYCdinerDined on 11/14/2014Asiate came highly recommended but, given the high expectations and cost, it was a disappointment. Pros: Our waiter was very nice and accommodated our need for a gluten-free meal for one in our party of three. He also brought out a chocolate dessert with "Happy Birthday" written on it for the birthday celebrant. The Wagyu beef was exceptional. Two of our three desserts and the coffee were very good. The ambiance was lovely, even though we were seated in the middle of the room. Cons: We were not given a window seat even though I had requested one in writing when making the reservations and via phone when confirming our reservations. We did not receive butter until about 15 minutes after we were served bread! When I asked about the delay, I was told they were waiting "for the butter to soften." Shouldn't they have thought of that before we were seated so we could receive the butter and bread at the same time? The truffle risotto was watery, the lobster entrée was fair at best and the venison entrée was only average. The service was not particularly attentive. Neither pro nor con: Oddly, we were not given the opportunity to select our own desserts. The waiter chose for us and delivered a different dessert to each of us. Fortunately, two of the three were delicious (one was fair) so it worked out.Special Features:
- ASIATE- ONE OF BEST NYC RESTAURANTSIrishfe53VIPDined on 11/11/2014TRULY OUTSTANDING. Chef does wonderful sauces. As the meal ends, you are thinking of when you can return. Close to perfection. Despite frequent business diners, Asiate can be romantic with outstanding food, extensive wine list, caring service, wonderful 59th Street views. Two-course lunch at $42 is good value. Add wine, dessert, espresso and the bill quickly adds up. Experience is worth price. One of our favorite NYC restaurants. It compares with Four Seasons, Le Perigord, Lincoln, Blue Hill.Special Features:
- The Best Dining ExperienceLoveDined on 11/8/2014Asiate is a hidden gem of Manhattan. Aside from its sumptuous food, five star service, it is the magnificent view that will make your dining experience so perfect and memorable. I celebrated my 30th Birthday here with my hubby and eveything was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful birthday brunch!ElaineVIPDined on 11/8/2014My friend and I celebrated her birthday for the third time in a row at Asiate. As with the previous two times, we were treated royally. Our very friendly and efficient waitress suggested that we start with the Tasting of 3 Sparkling Cocktails, and we were off to a great start. The prix-fixe brunch came with 4 mini appetizers on a square plate with 4 compartments. The cauliflower cappuccino was especially creative and delicious. We both ordered the grilled steak and over easy eggs, cooked to perfection. We had to make room for the chocolate bread pudding and pumpkin tart - 2 desserts! Our table on the 35th floor by the window overlooking Columbus Circle and Central Park enhanced a spectacular brunch experience.Special Features:
- Just amazingMarieadDined on 11/2/2014Great view and great food! We loved it! Everything was perfect... highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014It is losing its fine dining touch... the quality of the ingredients, flavours, etc.Special Features:
- Very SpecialDunlop73Dined on 10/31/2014Stunning views, attentive and courteous service with first class food and wine. An experience we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorablefoodlover53Dined on 10/30/2014There were 5 of us and we had a really good time. Food was excellent, service very good and entire atmosphere was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok experienceMariBettinDined on 10/30/2014Magazines and websites tell about the view. Ok, it is beautiful, but not in the top 10 around the world. Even with reversavion, I had to wait for about 15 minutes! :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast at AsiatejbaylissDined on 10/30/2014The Asiate is a 'very nice' dining establishment. On the plus side the food was good but the service was very slow, we definitely were served slower than the Americans. We had also requested a window seat which we didn't get. It was very nice, but I think we could have had 'very nice' elsewhere that actually met all our requirements.Special Features:
- Memorable anniversary dinnerMarines0369Dined on 10/29/2014Asiate was recommended by a family member to spend our 20th anniversary dinner. The view was fantastic and so was the service. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to others that are lookign for a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last 5 minutes ruined it allyazdineDined on 10/27/2014Great experience up until the last 5 min where the hostess approached us in front of everyone informing us our tip was too small while pretending to ask if the service was good or there was a problem. This was said with attitude and sly. The restaurant is a 5 star venue at a 5 star hotel, they should not employ such a hostess with poor experience. The world has different tipping culture habits, they should respect the guest as we are already paying for the service. Will make sure never to return or recommend this insulting place to anyone.Special Features:
- One of NYC's BestMensaLiteDined on 10/27/2014If it's a special occasion, if it's for an importan guest, if you just want to have a great dining experience, Asiate is our choice. The food and the service, not to mention the view, are sensational. We've never had a bad meal and the wine list, while not the most extensive, has plenty of great choices from reasonably priced to very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Precuoso lugar creo q a mi gusto nada le falla, incluso el precio es bastante razonable para el lugar y el tipo de servicioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need renovation!CmbyDined on 10/26/2014The food was very repetitive: ceviche, tartare, and another one very common that now I don't remember.the service was not soecial.we feel like they're tired! The only thing that was really special was the view!Great view from Central Park.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Go for the view, not the food. Good for a special occasion but mostly it's pretty typical high end hotel fare.Special Features:
- drbfVIPDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food and service. One of the best in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking & BeautifulNougatineluvaVIPDined on 10/25/2014Breathtaking view at a table on the 35th floor overlooking Columbus Circle and Central Park South. Beautiful, elegant room. Three course prix fixe is a good deal however drinks starting at $15/$18 per glass add up quickly. It was a birthday dinner and they surprised us with a small cake at the end, lovely touch.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinner afterBroadway showKiwiInNYCDined on 10/22/2014After staying at the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas last year we knew this restaurant was going to be a great option, and it didn't disappoint. They were especially accommodating to our friend who came to join us after our meal for a night cap. It's a great space with a great view, and a sensational menu to complement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view, food okManuVIPDined on 10/21/2014My husband and I spent our anniversary at the Asiate. There is a stunning view on the Manhattan skyline. I asked a table next to the window but they instead gave me a table in the middle of the room. I think the tables next to the windows - where you have the best view - are reserved for the hotel guests. The main courses were fantastic, the entree and the deserts were ok but not at the same levelSpecial Features:
- ecxelentejumabaDined on 10/19/2014Imperdible. El lugar es maravilloso. El menú de 3 pasos esta bien. Los sabores excelentes. El precio es alto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I have been there other times, always at night, the food were great as well the service. Now during lunch it was very disappointing. Menu offered is limited and far from regular.Special Features:
- Asiate always delivers!DanielVIPDined on 10/17/2014My friend and I dined here exactly a year ago. We wanted to re-experience the same setting this time. Our request for a window-side seating was fulfilled; the corner seating was event better than what we expected. Here the wine list never dissapoints, our Alter Ego Palmer was remarkable! Our main dish were both seafood, Turbot and Maine Lobster; both were very delicious. The vegetable soup was a little on the salty side; but then most restaurants in the US prepare the soup too salty anyway. The service has always been top-notch.Special Features:
- Poor service, great somellierIkiNYDined on 10/14/2014Its pity that service is very poor in this nice restaurant, view is perfect, food is ok but far away from excellent... The lady somellier is great, very good recommendations...Special Features:
- Extraordinary Romantic DineVIPTravelerDined on 10/13/2014First Time in NYC, for some reason a few years passed until I decided to go to NYC, and for a good reason, Birthday and Propossing. So when you search for Romantic Dinner, Asiate is the first one, and is very well earned. Upon arrival, I was cordially received, they had my notes on Birthday Celebration and more importantly the proposal. They quicly set us up in a table even being packed and once our real table was ready I was more than impressed, I was amazed by the view, candlelight neat table - Imagine a a view over Manhattan Central Park while you dine....It was a fantastic experience, price is fair, service was amazing...and if you wonder, yes, she said yes ;-)....Special Features:
- Great for anniversaryAsianFinoDined on 10/13/2014Chose this for our anniversary; amazing view, service. Did the Tasting menu, which was incredible. Let me swap out the fois gras for veggies - I could bathe in the poofy cheese sauce that the cauliflower came with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly receptionAri2Dined on 10/12/2014We are back in Germany and now I take my time to write a few lines about the location. About this portal we have booked a table and reserved a table by the window. We were first greeted very unfriendly - there was no table available for us at the window, we were placed into a corner without questions or acceptance of my coat. The lady of reception was very unfriendly and we decided immediately to leave the place. There is a local star and the service here would be different than that applied what we have experienced.Special Features:
- Awful serviceVowednottoreturnVIPDined on 10/12/2014Totally unprofessional! Felt like an expensive diner. No smile from the captain or waiters. No one can explain properly the dishes. My bottle was rushly poured and no offer was made for another midway through the meal. Meal was decent but not great. A total disappointment. Will never return or recommend anyone to go.Special Features:
- Amazing brunch spotJoseAndresFanVIPDined on 10/12/2014Beautiful food, service, decor and OMG the view!!! Brought my friend here for a "bench-mark" birthday and it was very special. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Amazing Asiate!AlsAdventuresDined on 10/9/2014Wow. Firstly the hotel is stunning, and the view is absolutely the best in NY. On the edge of Central Park you will not be able to stop looking! Ask for a corner table. The food was amazing, high end quality. Not cheap, but for a special occasion worth every dollar. We were celebrating a birthday, and they thoroughly spoilt us. I cant thank the staff enough for making the day even more special!Special Features:
- Elegant and sereneOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2014This elegant and serene restaurant high above Columbus Circle is one of New York's gems. The menu is thoughtful, the preparation beautiful, the flavors delicious, and the staff perfectly gracious.Special Features:
- Food is not good. Staff was aloof.ExploringNAmDined on 10/5/2014We spent four hundred dollars. Food was not good. Staff was aloof. I don't know if the lobster was cooked or raw. We asked to be moved and never got an answer. Just a weird place.Special Features:
- Don't waste your money.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014. The views were amazing but the food was totally strange, combinations that just didn't go together. We had the Prawn starter, it was served with coconut mousse, seared pineapple and something very fragrant, it just didn't work. The Turbot that my daughter ordered was just inedible and got sent back. I had the veal dish but the jasmine tea sauce just totally overpowered everything else on the plate even the weird apple and radish accompaniment. The orange blossom Panna cotta just tasted like perfume, the orange blossom was very intense and totally overpowered everything else. Very expensive as well....$25 for a small glass of mediocre wine. Wished we had never gone to Asiate. Please don't be sold by the view.Special Features:
- ExcellentGertDined on 10/3/2014Beautiful restaursant with phantastic view over Part of upper Manhattan, very good food and good wines, outstanding service. Nothing to complain, hope to comme back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table With A ViewFraser121Dined on 10/2/2014Asiate at the Manderain Oriental is a great place to go for a treat or a special occasion. The views from the restaurant are spectacular perched high above the skyline. Food and service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food still too salty4ladieswholunchVIPDined on 10/1/2014A few years ago I found the food too salty at Asiate. It is still too salty I asked that no salt be added to my order. Nevertheless my companion (who did not ask for no salt) & I found the food much too salty. The waiter also brought us the wrong order, though it was not a busy times. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinneroregonducksDined on 9/30/2014Everything was great and I would definitely love to come back again. I proposed to my girlfriend and all of the staff gave me great advice and gave us such a wonderful time. I just want to say thank you very much and hope to see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSobe2VIPDined on 9/28/2014I come here often but tonight the service was not good at all. The waiters were slow and unfriendly. They also mixed up our orders.Special Features:
- Great brunch, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Asiate was strongly recommended by friends as the place for a great brunch, with wonderful views of Central Park and a quite romantic environment. It delivered in all aspects, even considering my high expectations for the restaurant. Congrats!Special Features: