201 Ninth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asiasf.com/
- Phone: 4152552742x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 7:00pm - 10pm
Friday: 7:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday: 7:00pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Have your next event here at AsiaSF. We can provide pricing options for any sized event. Please call Aaron Nelson at: 415-255-2742 extension 224
- Private Party Contact: Aaron Nelson 4152552742x224
- Entertainment: Hourly shows on our red runway bar by The Ladies of AsiaSF.
- Cross Street: Howard
- Public Transit: Muni or Bart:
You can take BART or MUNI by getting off at Civic Center Station. Walk up Market Street to 9th Street, turn left and walk 2 blocks to Howard Street.
You can take the F Line classic streetcars up Market Street and get off at 9th Street. Then walk 2 blocks south on 9th
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There is ample street parking on both Ninth & Howard streets, as well as surrounding streets.
A word from AsiaSF
Our world famous transgender stars - the beautiful and talented Ladies of AsiaSF - Serve you critically acclaimed Cal Asian cuisine and perform hourly atop our red runway bar. Add in signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator award winning wine list, and color morphing shoji screen walls and you have a feast for all your senses! Now in its 13th year, AsiaSF continues to be the ultimate San Francisco experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AsiaSF reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Awesome working staff...very pleasant. The show girls are to die for..great program. Thank you for a wonderful evening..we all can't stop talking about the fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 227 reviews are from the AsiaSF reviews archive.
- Great Show!!OishiiDined on 5/10/2014The food was pretty good. The show was FANTASTIC. The service was average. We were seated at the bar and had to almost pry the waiters away from the all the bachelorette parties to get any semblance of service. If you're part of the 1% (1% male vs. 99% bachelorettes), expect to be largely ignored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible portionsFrecklesDined on 4/17/2014It was rather disappointing for spending $60 per person that the food portions were tiny & rather gross. Don't get the curry scallops!!! I just cleaned my plate because I was starvingSpecial Features:
- AsiaSF reviewSteveDined on 3/21/2014The food was tasteless. They should do a better job for $49.Special Features:
- What a great time !BethSFVIPDined on 3/16/2014The ladies of AsiaSF are fantastique !! The food is out-of-this-world. What a great time we had. VIVICA IS THE BEST !! Thank you, AsiaSF for a wonderful night.
- Fun Filled Evening :)KinsDined on 3/15/2014Had an awesome time with friends and enjoyed the anniversary evening!! Awesome Food and great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014the is more of a Las Vegas show. It used to be a restaurant with a show. Now they have seating times and rush you out when the show is over. So don't go for the food just go for the show if you are having a celebration. It is very loud.Special Features:
- Service is Awesome - Food is NotRowieDined on 2/22/2014I really enjoyed the service, they were friendly and prompt. None of us thought the food was worth the money however. The "show" was ok, a little disappointing. The dance club below the restaurant was fun however. I wouldn't go back, I think for the price I'd rather go somewhere with great food.Special Features:
- too much focus on the gimmick.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2014too much focus on the gimmick. poor service and food quality
- QUEENS OF ASIA SF BRING ITOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We celebrated a birthday for our sister n law and we had an AMAZING time! The service is 5 star. From the moment you walk in you are being catered to. The food is YUMMY and very beautifully plated. The entertainment was fabulous! They know how to strut their stuff. They also paid "special" attention to our bday girl. The greatest thing was the price, $39.00 per person for a 3 course dinner, does not include drinks tax/tip. I recomend this dinner/show for bachelorette/bday/divorce/girls night out. Go out and see the show!Special Features:
- Fun, Fun, Fun!CJMcKrakenDined on 1/31/2014This place is great! The women are beautiful and the food is yummy!Special Features:
- expected moredebbieVIPDined on 1/31/2014Heard this was a thing to see in SF , sort of like Beach Blanket Babylon. Not really. There is no "show" just a lot of prancing on a catwalk. Food ok, not really worth it.Special Features:
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/23/2014A great place to have fun and a good meal. I'd recommend a Friday or Saturday as those will be more lively. Our only complaint would be that there's no bar if your arrive early. We were there at 650 pm for 715 pm reservation and had to wait at Starbucks. Otherwise, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaded SF residentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/19/2014The big surprise here was how good the food was. Not only delicious but beautiful. The chef has a real artist's touch. The show however was a bit of a disappointment. While all the ladies were certainly lovely, the show consists just of them going up and down an elevated bar lip-synching songs (mostly badly). I was hoping for something more original. I guess that after almost 30 years in San Francisco just seeing beautiful transvestites doesn't really get my attention; I pass many on the way to work every day. Would have been nice if they also put on a actual singing show.Special Features:
- Love the ladies!MimiDined on 1/16/2014I went with my boyfriend for a fun night out and was pleasAny surprised. Will recommend this for friends. I had so much funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant for partiesBonileeDined on 1/11/2014My husband and I went here, not realizing it was a fixed menu. The drag queen shows were fun, but the cost of dinner was a little high for the small portions. I think this is a great place to come for bachlorette parties, but I don't think I would come here otherwise. The shows were short - each drag queen lip-synched to one song - 3 songs for the first show, 4 songs for the second. I am used to a full evening of sassy drag queens. Not exactly what I was picturing. Fun, but wouldn't do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entertainment & decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2014Amazing entertainment. The food was okay, not amazing, but we mostly came for the entertainment, so that's okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out!CountrymouseDined on 1/4/2014Asia SF is a great place to go if you're celebrating a birthday or another special occasion. Fun to go with friends, it's entertaining waitresses, good food and service and overall fun ambiance make for a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda fun oncePalmGuyDined on 12/22/2013The whole experience was OK, but I wouldn't repeat it. The service is slow because they try to serve all tables all courses at the same times. The steak salad had delicious, fresh spring greens but there was so little "steak" that it's a deceptive title. The short ribs consisted of 4 little ribs, which I would never order again. The mussels were excellent but the scallops were not. Asking for a separate tip for the dancers seemed odd. Overall, a forgettable experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding food... incrediblyBhamTravelerDined on 12/18/2013Outstanding food... incredibly entertaining... friendly service!Special Features:
- Dinner and a showBudsTasteDined on 12/15/2013We enjoyed the food but stayed for the show. Excellent entertainment and service. Notable wine list. We really enjoyed the entire evening. Great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/1/2013The show was fine but I was disappointed in the food. My first course was the crab cake appetizer which had 4 tiny cakes - each the size of a Reese Peanut cup. It was so-so and nothing to write home about. My main entrée was the lamb in orange sauce - the lamb bits were tough like in rubber-chicken swimming in a heavy orange sauce...not so good. The entree was accompanied by a small scoop of rice and some sliced cucumbers. My dessert was banana beignets - too sweet. I was hoping the reviews on the food being mediocre-at-best would be wrong but I'm afraid they were correct...sigh.
- ExcellenttweetyDined on 10/25/2013It was my very first time at AsiaSF. I really enjoyed the food and entertainment. All the ladies just so beautiful. I would definetely come back....See you soon....:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loads of FUNDCFremontDined on 10/19/2013Went here for a group get together. Always a blast especially for a big group. Show and food never disappoint. All the AsiaSF Ladies were great entertainers! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great, as usual!HappyTummyVIPDined on 10/6/2013Everything was great. We love taking out-of-town guests here :-* Ask for a table along the wall for a better view of the show - oh, did I mention the fob show? The girrrls are grrreat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bringing the hometown girls out!NinjaFoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2013This is probably my eighth visit, mostly due to requests from my girlfriends. My first visit was 10 years ago for my birthday. It was a hoot. Since then, I have been bringing different groups of friends, mostly women. Every single one of them has had a great time. This time the food was a little different, but the drinks and entertainment were fantastic. I don't know how I get so luck to get Tita to be my server. Super Girl just rocks. My gin martini was very good, and my friends ordered Lemon Drops which they loved. I loved my baby back ribs. The miso glazed salmon, filet mignon and orange lamb were great. But, the banana beignet dessert was my favorite. My friends loved their bread pudding. I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic!FoodieDined on 10/6/2013Fun show & Great service! Bring your camera! Meal is served more like tapas style.....don't expect to walk out full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to Asia SFDennisVIPDined on 9/26/2013My partner, who had never been here before, really enjoyed himself. We thought the food was very good and the "ladies" were stunning. Bartenders were also attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible!pbrocaliDined on 9/21/2013The staff did an amazing job of making a wrong, right. Our reservation for messed up and we waited downstairs for about an hour, while two other groups that came after us wetter seated. Turned out, someone with same first name took our seating. However, as I said, the staff were amazing at making everything better. The service was amazing, the entertainment was spectacular and the food was delightful. Without a doubt, I will return! Thank You AsiaSF for an amazing time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great show, good foodFoodieDined on 9/11/2013AsiaSF is a restaurant that provides wonderful entertainment with good food. It's perfect for a girls' night out, birthday, bachelorette party, or just a fun dinner! The service we received was superb, even when two friends had to arrive late. The Asian-fusion food was equivalent to eating at a fine dining restaurant--small, but tasty. The dishes are made to be shared family-style so going with a large group allows one to sample a variety of dishes. Favorites include the tamarind chicken satays, baby-got-back ribs, and banana beignet split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vegan options but pricyBirthdayDinnerVIPDined on 9/8/2013I loved that they had vegan options, even for dessert! Even though we had the Travelzoo deal it was still pretty expensive, especially because of the added service charge PLUS then the server asks for gratuity for herself. A little offputting, but still a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is my favorite place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2013You just have to go here! This place is so fantastic. I try to go often, everytime I go I have a blast. The staff really is good looking (that never hurts) but on top of it they are fun and know their business. The ladies perform so well, they really do a great job on all performances and the costumes are pretty amazing too. Then to top it all off the food is really really good-they have it all. I have worked in restaurants my whole life and have tremendous respect for what a great job and how consistent this place is. Maybe its because the owners are there working every night they are open. True committment and it shows. Excellent job to all! Thanks for being a special place to so many. Do yourself a favor and go here -guaranteed fun!!Special Features:
- Love taking out of town visitors!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2013One of my favorite places to bring out-of-towners!!! A perfect way to end the night after visiting one of the most beautiful cities in the world. You leave AsiaSF speechless :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is truly uniqueMyTwoCentsDined on 8/9/2013Food- Amazing. They offer everything from Vegan to Fillet Mignon. With a wide variety of well portioned Entrees, Appetizers, and Deserts, you will not be disappointed. Drinks- Seriously like twenty signature drinks that have amazing layers of flavor. Not the cheapest drinks on Earth, but worth the money. The Shows- If you didn't know *Spoiler Alert Below* Asia SF is a upscale Drag Club/ Restaurant, with some of the most polished, talented queens in the drag art. Unique, well thought performances which involve the audience for even more fun, My recommendation is 5 Stars, Love it. My experience for 2 was about $180, but then again, I don't mind tipping for such an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and show - loved it!MlovelyVIPDined on 8/2/2013We come here to celebrate an occasion. The shows are different every time. Co owners Larry and Ray are very accommodating. The dance club downstairs played top 40s. We danced before and after dinner and show. If you love being center of attention, ask for the end corner seat at the bar. You'll get all the attention plus more! Congrats on their 15th year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a showOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2013This is not just your average Asian restaurant. This is an experience. While the food is delicious, the service and entertainment make the whole dining experience a package deal. This is a treat for out-of-town guests or that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun, but the fees?ALuckyGuyDined on 6/21/2013My girlfriend and I had a wonderful, highly entertaining evening at AsiaSF. The show was good fun, the food was surprisingly good, and our server/bartender, Carlos, was entertaining and couldn't do enough to make us happy.. There was some kind of communication problem that left us unfed for a while as other diners were being served. But Carlos made sure that we had substitutes while our dinners were being prepared. He also treated me to a small shot of good bourbon. The big problem was the bill. On a total food and bar charge of $110, we were charged a $26.40 "service charge" PLUS a $22 "bar gratuity. Additionally, Carlos solicited a "tip for the performers." Naively, I complied with a $10 cash tip. It's a fun place, but a real "operation."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asia SF is consistent. WeFoodie618Dined on 6/15/2013Asia SF is consistent. We always have a good dining and entertaining experience at this place whether it's just me and my husban or with a group of friends celebrating birthdays, bachlorette party or just because...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, fun, funSFfoodieDined on 6/9/2013We went there just as girls night out. The show was really fun and the girls were prettier than expected. The food was lacking definition, yet good enough.Special Features:
- Always a good timeEGdineVIPDined on 6/6/2013Love this place, Amazing Food, excellent service and great entertainment all in one, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.