11617 N. Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75243Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.asianmint.com/
- Phone: 2143636655
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday:11:00AM - 3:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 3:00PM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 3:00PM - 9:30PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Nikky Phinyawatana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Asian Mint
Asian Mint is a unique concept of a Thai fusion restaurant with a chic atmosphere and hospitable service. Asian Mint has been ranked on many top ten best restaurant lists including Dallas Morning News, Citysearch, Daily Candy, and D Magazine. Our menu carries Asian-fusion flavors theme with farm-fresh ingredients and beautiful presentation. Entrees are moderately portioned and priced for a satisfying, delicious meal. Our dessert menu is full of Western fused surprises like our Green Tea Ice Cream Cake, Orange Mandarin Cake, Jasmine Cream Brule, and Sweet Sticky Rice with Coconut Ice Cream.Top off your dinner and dessert with one of our specialty martinis, an extensive sustainable wine list,and gourmet Italian illy coffee drinks. Come enjoy great food and conversations in a relaxing atmosphere!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asian Mint reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Service was ok. Waiter wasBabydoc10Dined on 3/12/2014Service was ok. Waiter was very attenttive at the begining but when he brought out our food 3 out of 4 orders were wrong. He left tofu out of my food in partciular and when i mentioned that my food was missing tofu, he simply brought out a plate of uncooked tofu and asked me to mix it in my food. i then asked him to take it back to the kitchen and mix the tofu and my food together on a hot skillet in the back so the tofu would be cooked and prepared withthe sauce and seasoning of my food. Also the water tasted like chlorine water and everyone at the table had to keep buying bottles of water throughout the course of dinner. I have been here several times before and I dont recall having such a bad experience with food or service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, andRenPenDined on 2/23/2014The food was very good, and if we lived closer, it would be our local Thai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently very goodtastebudVIPDined on 2/3/2014Always consistently very good which is why it is a favorite. The spring rolls and seafood Pad Thai divine!Special Features:
- Asian mint is a treatdredijgiDined on 1/15/2014the food is kind of Thai- Chinese Fusion with a small but delicious dessert selection. come for the entrees. but you cheat yourself if you don't stay for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Reasonable pricesRichardBDined on 12/31/2013We made a New Years Eve dinner and enjoyed excellent Thai food with lots of spice and variety. Lots of people and close quarters, but had a great time, good food and good service. Price was reasonable for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Asian Restaurant in DallasNameDined on 12/31/2013The ooey gooey cookies were amazing! I come here all the time for delicious Asian fusion food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to run in andBDayLuncheonVIPDined on 12/3/2013Great place to run in and order sushi to go, or stay for the incredible selection of sushi and other yummies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip. Tasty.TigersharkLXXVDined on 9/18/2013This place impressed me. I'd seen reviews on various other renowned sites, from the jaded foodies to the enthusiastic regulars. Honestly, the recommendation for quality tofu is what brought me in. I had the red curry with beef, my date had one of the house vegetable specials with the tofu, and we had a lovely dinner. The waitstaff was very attentive, the atmosphere was fun and positive, and the food was delicious. We received table settings with good, clean cloth napkins, and chopsticks. While it wasn't a quiet spot, the crowd had a lot of verve, and a good vibe. Portion size matched the prices and the quality. I feel I could recommend this place for take-out, anyday. The kitchen was fast, so an office luncheon would be a breeze here.Special Features:
- Love this place! One of ourKimSDined on 8/4/2013Love this place! One of our favorite Asian restaurants in the DFW area. Always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little casual restaurantOllieDined on 6/2/2013My husband and I have been here a few times, and have been surprised in how consistently good everything is. This is a casual restaurant with v affordable prices, great service and great food!! You can't go wrong!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good - we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/8/2013Food was very good - we had sushi as a starter and it was fresh and flavorful. Pad Thai for entree was well flavored, not greasy, very nice. Excellent service. Very lively - packed house.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our Valentine DaywalkthetalkVIPDined on 2/14/2013We enjoyed our Valentine Day meal very much. Traffic was very bad this evening and we ran late. A call to the hostess, however, put us at ease - she seated us as quickly as possible when we arrived. Food was excellent, service not as good. But, the hostess returned time and again to keep everything lively and on track. So, overall, a very good experience - we look forward to our next meal at Asian Mint.Special Features:
- Great funky Asian fusion restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012Great funky Asian fusion restaurant! Nice spot for double date night.Special Features:
- Love both locationsMizJanieVIPDined on 10/23/2012Was in a with a friend and we enjoyed the food and the experience. I love their Steamed Sea Bass.
- Excellent food food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2012Excellent food food and service. Extensive food menus and a generous wine and bar drink menu. I will definitley go back.
- The spring rolls come withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012The spring rolls come with an exceptionally good peanut sauce. The Spicy Thai Tom Yum soup is a must-try.Special Features:
- Gluten Free HappinessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012Excellent gluten free tasty options for celiacs everywhere. Fresh food, lovely seasonings and knowledgeable servers. The flour less chocolate cake was the bonus to a lovely meal.Special Features:
- Would not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2012Not a fan. Service was not bad but the food was terrible - also did not bring the right order out.
- This was out first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2012This was out first experience at Asian Mint. We had a 7:30 dinner reservation on a Sunday night but weren't seated until close to 8 PM although the entire party arrived by 7:35. There was a party of 20 sitting near us which seemed to slow things down, and the wait staff seemed disorganized. We didn't eat until about 8:45. It's small and crowded - to the point where glasses and dishes were being knocked off other tables by accident and breaking. The food was very good except for their signature dessert (green tea cake) which was bland and tasteless. Half-off wine night was a bonus and the wine was very good. Recommended but not enthusiastically.Special Features:
- I love going to Asian Mint.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012I love going to Asian Mint. :) Sometimes it can be a bit crowded, which is why I decided to try Open Table, but the food is always delicious. Even if you just want a drink or a dessert, this place is a wonderful little spot to dine at.Special Features:
- We always enjoy Asian MintDeeDeeVIPDined on 4/1/2012We always enjoy Asian Mint for a quick dinner. And the Sunday 1/2 price wine was an added bonus!Special Features:
- We were there on a week nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2012We were there on a week night so the food was served pretty quickly. We liked everything but the dollar sushi. I always fall for the dollar sushi knowing I always get disappointed. I was not impressed at all with the dollar sushi. They were very small and the fish didn't look that great. They remind me of the pieces left over from the trimmings. They have a great selection on the menu already and should stick to that and not try to lower themselves to be like other average Japanese places. Personally I prefer quality over quantity. I forgot how small the tables are. It is hard to order variety of dishes due to the space. I feel like we have to rush through our meal because of it.Special Features:
- Great food large dinner portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Great food large dinner portions. Go with an appetite or plan to split itSpecial Features:
- Our favorite Asian restaurantKerryVIPDined on 2/14/2012Asian Mint stays consistently crowded because you can count on delicious food served in a lively atmosphere. It's our favorite Asian restaurant. And if you're a dessert person, their sticky rice is the best!!!Special Features:
- Nice decor...very busy, whichEleanoreDined on 9/13/2011Nice decor...very busy, which would seem to indicate it's very popular. Food was good, but not exceptional. Service was very fast and friendly. I would recommend trying Asian Mint and you may find dish you love. "2 peppers" hot dish was very hot, but not especially tasty.
- An off night at Asia MintimonsecondVIPDined on 6/13/2011Usually, I like the food, and the service A LOT. Maybe they had a different chef this weekday night because the food was definitely not up to par. The Mint sampler appetizers were really off, especially the Satay chicken which was overcooked yet cold when it came. One "pad kee mow" was ordered "mild" and came really "hot", and it was heavy not light on the sauce. Other dishes seemed a bit off as well. Service was slow yet it was too early to be really crowded. Would have to think twice about going back again to what has been one of my favorite restaurants as it was really off.
- THE FOOD WILL BLOW YOU AWAY!luvgreatfoodVIPDined on 6/8/2011I can't say enough great things about the food. I have dinner here many times and have never been disappointed. Always consistent and alsways amazing!
- very good food, but the tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2011very good food, but the tables are too small, people are packed together in a room, and too much noise. Bad akoustic.Special Features:
- Excellent. Food was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2011Excellent. Food was wonderful. Loved the drink specials. Desserts were yummy. Prices were extremely decent for the food we got.Special Features:
- Excellent! They need to enlarge.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2011Excellent! They need to enlarge. Noise level too high~Special Features:
- Great food with friendly andCbc2uDined on 12/30/2010Great food with friendly and attentive staff. Always a good choice.Special Features:
- I have dined at the AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2010I have dined at the Asian Mint on several occasions. The waitstaff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. They have a wonderful gluten free menu. Lunch is usually very fast. Dinner can take a while to come out so plan on a leisurely evening. The atmosphere is so fun and energetic you won't notice the wait and will want to linger over drinks, dinner, and dessert anyway.Special Features:
- Made reservation and had toMgm2VIPDined on 11/29/2010Made reservation and had to wAit while they sat others.Special Features:
- The food is great, especiallyimonsecondVIPDined on 9/29/2010The food is great, especially the Pad Ke Mow and the appetizers (try the sampler dumplings). Prices are very reasonable. Really glad they now take reservations as there has always been a considerable wait if you are a walk-in as it's a small but popular neighborhood restaurant.Special Features: