1002 West Main Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asiagos.com/
- Phone: 208-336-5552
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Floyd Loomis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Large parties please contact the restaurant at 208.336.5552 for availability.
- Cross Street: 10th Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is easy! Metered street parking all around the restaurant (FREE after 6 P.M. and on weekends) Parking lot directly behind restaurant (Idaho St. between 10th & 11th) Parking lot one block south on 10th (between Grove & Front)
A word from Asiago's
Italian-inspired. It's one of the things that makes Asiago's a memorable destination. We combine familiar Italian flavors and age-old fundamentals of Italian cooking with our own creative license to prepare a distinctive menu. Whether you enjoy traditional Italian flavors or appreciate a more adventurous, eclectic approach to your Italian cuisine -Asiago’s is sure to delight. Fresh is our passion at Asiago's, you could say we are fanatical about it. Beginning with pasta made in-house daily, each menu item is prepared in our kitchen from scratch. The ambiance is comfortable—an unpretentious setting with turn of the century brick walls, Italian tile floors, and original art inspired by vintage European works. Asiago's welcomes the opportunity to make your next special event unforgettable. From elegant dinners and simple receptions to business cocktail parties, wedding dinners, business luncheons and wine dinners, our chef's can prepare a feast to delight you, friends, and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Asiago's - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Asiago's reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (53)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (26)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (23)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A wonderful eveningFoodieMeisterDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our evening!Our waitress Lisa was extremely attentive and personable and we loved our appetizers and dinners!Special Features:
- Don't sit outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014If we had been inside, our ratings probably would have been all 5 stars and much less noise. Outside there were lots of flies, and people downtown were riding beer-cycle things, whooping at the top off their lungs. Made it hard to feel romantic, which is what Asiago's is known for around here. Cody, our server, was excellent. Great place, just sit inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the price? Wasn't worth it.PrettyPhatDined on 8/27/2014We had been recommended Asiagos very heavily so we decided to go for my dad's birthday dinner. We called ahead of time and asked them to bring out a birthday dessert and even reminded them when we were sat. We got our drinks and appetizer in a pretty timely manner, but when we ordered, we ordered before at least 3 other tables. After a hour we still did not have our food even though every other table in the room did; even the people that came in after us. After my dad asked them about our food it finally came out and was lackluster for the price; the seafood in my dish made me ill. Finally when it was time for dessert, the waitress forgot, I reminded her, and then in a hurry she served us cold creme brûlée.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermandybearDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I tried Asiago's the first time for dinner on our anniversary. It did not disappoint. The menu is full of delicious options and the portions are great. Not to mention the tiramasu was fabulous.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmophere and service.burbalinskyDined on 8/23/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with an authentic Italian feel. My husband was not impressed with the lasagna, prefers mine (which comes from Costco, by the way) I had a simple Mediteranean pasta dish which was pretty good, but much too garlicy, and I love garlic. The wine list was impressive and the service was superb. Our waiter was friendly, personable, and professional. So, if you want great atmophere and service, this is the place. We will definately return, but maybe just for drinks and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DeniseDined on 8/23/2014We took my son here because he loves pasta and we were in Boise to drop him off for his first year at Boise State University. His pasta was delicious, as was my salmon! The polenta that came with the salmon was a little crisp and very flavorful. My husband had a chicken Cesar salad that was absolutely yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely placeMarieDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good . It's quality was only exceeded by the truly top notch service. Would go back again just for the pampering although the good food doesn't hurt.Special Features:
- Date NightMyBrideandIDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed a night out at this restaurant. The food was wonderful and the service was great. We were surprised with the noise level, but perhaps next time we will request the patio. Yes, there will certainly be a next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An italian classic in BoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We sometimes forget how good the food and menu is at the longstanding Boise gem. Always tasty, the service was some of the best I've had recently in the area and the prices were reasonable. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- A Nice placeWaytogoVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was the highlight here..the wine list needs a boost, bring a fly swatterSpecial Features:
- Good Food in Nice SettingJPackDined on 8/14/2014We had a party of seven for a farewell dinner. Restaurant was busy and the kitchen was backed up so service was slow. Food was good and waitress did her best to keep things moving. All in all we were happy with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewSatisfiedDined on 8/11/2014Simply a matter of choices, one good and one not so good. My wife's dish (chicken on pasta with a white garlic sauce) was superb, we both loved it. I had a spaghettini with red sauce and grilled Italian sausage, which was mediocre at best. Probably personal taste, but I found the sauce to be sweet and for the most part unspiced, almost tasteless, which ruined the dish. We'll return, and try something else.Special Features:
- dinner42Dined on 8/3/2014Great food, excellent service. Atmosphere was perfect, small enough to feel important, large enough to award respect. I can't wait to come back again, loved all dinner, dessert was to die for!!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerLisaluDined on 7/31/2014We had a nice birthday dinner here last week, but the numerous flies in the dining area really almost ruined our meal. The flies were constant and very bothersome. The grossest thing, which ended our meal, was a fly in my mother's glass of wine. There was no attempt (that I could see) to deal with the flies so that customers could enjoy their meals. I did also notice another couple a few tables away trying to kill several flies. Other than that, the service was good. We left a few birthday gift items at the restaurant, and they called us promptly about them. Very nice!Special Features:
- Bothered by fliesLovlandDined on 7/28/2014While it has opened patio gates and windows, flies kept bothering us ruining a good mood to enjoy our dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurt my teethsewfunDined on 7/19/2014The service started out ok, but was nonexistent toward the end. There was a rock in one of the entrées. The food was mediocre at best. I will not return and would not recommended this place.
- Great ExperienceGrandpaN2010Dined on 7/19/2014We had a great time. The food was wonderful. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. Our meals arrive after a reasonable wait. Our table (reserved through Open Table) was ready when we arrived. Asiago's has an inviting atmosphere--come, relax, enjoy the meal. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I remembereverybodylikesItalianDined on 7/13/2014Over the years, we had been to Asiago's a few time before and remembered it as pretty good. This visit was outstanding, however. The selections were numerous and varied, everything was flavorful, the portions were large and the pace was relaxed. The waiter and staff was excellent and helpful with our food and wine selections. We all enjoyed our dining experience very much.Special Features:
- Great salad, limp drowned pastaOntheroadDined on 7/6/2014Good bread, great salad, yet both of our pastas came swimming in sauces and were too limp to stand up to them. Good service and setting. Would come back again for their salads. Our waitress mentioned that a lot of local patrons wanted lots of sauce and that we could order to specifics. We've enjoyed great pasta dishes throughout the country so this may not be the place for us. Nice setting, however.Special Features:
- Terrific quaint restaurantlovebirdsDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I had a terrific dinner at Agiago's. The first table we were given was too noisy due to the acoustics and the other busy tables, but they promptly re-seated us in the other room with a wine cellar-type ambience. It was much quieter. The wait staff were impeccable and the food delicious. The waiter recommended a great wine by the glass. I recommend the Mediterranean salad and the bread pudding for dessert in particular.Special Features:
- Italy at homeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014I have visited Italy four times and just recently returned from another visit. Asiago's food is as good or superior to the food we ate during our recent 3 week visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aithentic at last!MrandMrsKDined on 6/29/2014Asiagos was a fantastic depature from years of mediocre italian! Its menu had a woderful variety of authentic dishes, a wine well selected to complement, and a wonderful view of downtown from the patio. Quickly seated, served, and glasses never ran empty. Its easy to expect a return visit. Our waiter, Chris, recommended the rosarno and I'm glad he did. It seems I'll be added to the list of regulars that come for just that plate! I can't recommend Asiagos enough. A glass of wine after work, shopping and lunch midweek, or an early dinner with my wife. This is easily a new 'spot'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special kind of diningGrbggirlDined on 6/28/2014Asiago's is a special dining place for my husband and I. It was the place my husband took me 10 years ago for our very first date. We spend our anniversary here now and we always talk about that first date. The food and service is just as good as it was 10 years ago. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boise dining outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This was a last minute pick for a Saturday dinner in Boise. We had a great table outside and the food was very good. We would definitely go to Asiagos again when we are back in Boise.Special Features:
- Awesome food and serviceDebbyDined on 6/27/2014This was our second time to Asiagos! We ate outside the last time and loved it! The weather being a bit iffy we decided to eat inside. Loved the atmosphere and the service. The young man that waited on us was very helpful and friendly! Will go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined outdoors, excellent food!GirlLikesGoodFoodDined on 6/26/2014Fresh pasta; they are flexible to adjust ingredients on menu items - tweak a dish to your taste! Quaint decor, we didnt see a lot of the inside but I will check that out on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Friendly serviceUshaDined on 6/24/2014We always enjoy visiting Asiago for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!ItalianloveDined on 6/23/2014Always great food and good service. Not your traditional Italian food. Creative and delicious.Special Features:
- WE LOVE ASIAGO'S!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014This is such a great find - If you appreciate a lovely menu, with just the right amount of choices - from eclectic to fabulous versions of staples (their burgers are THE BEST!!!) you will love Asiago's too. Their outside seating is wonderful this time of year and their inside seating is always good too. The chef is really wonderful and their staff well trained, attentive and accommodating, but not too attentive that they are interuptive to the enjoyment of your company. My friend, my son and I have enjoyed Asiago's before, but this was my son's girlfriends first and she thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off night, but still delicious..sct23Dined on 6/22/2014Been here several times and it never usually disappoints, but this last time they were a little off. The servers were friendly and observant to needs as usual. The appetizers and wine are always good, and I love their bread. They were out of all caprese ingredients, which eliminated a lot of choices off the menu that included those… this seemed kind of odd, as those are staples to an Italian restaurant. I got the beef tenderloin ordered medium-rare- preferrably closer to rare. It came medium which was somewhat disappointing, but it was still a good meal overall. While this most recent visit was a bit off, I'm sure we will return again.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Food was great and even had gluten free pasta! Service was really good.Special Features:
- Brown Paper table cloth, Really?PennyPincherDined on 6/20/2014If you looking for a nice place with "atmosphere" and a quite place for a special occasion this is NOT the place to be. Its over priced, too noise (including the traffic noise), brown paper on the tables instead of linen and uncomfortable seating that encourages you to not relax and stay too long.Special Features:
- menacepestDined on 6/18/2014always great food and great atmosphere. we would easily recommend this rest. to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrittanyBrittDined on 6/15/2014Asiago's has the best bread in town... it is served warm and with olive oil. mmmmm.... The food was excellent as well!Special Features:
- Used to be great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014We used to love Asiago's and have gone there for years but I have noticed that the portions have become significantly smaller, along with the amount of cheese they offer with the bread. My husband and I used to joke about the "bucket of cheese" because it was literally a small tin bucket filled with cheese. Now it's a tiny dish for four people and we were not offered anymore bread or cheese. The pasta is also often overcooked as was the case this time. The food was good but our waitress was very slow, for everything. We ordered dessert, also very good, but took about a half hour to arrive after ordering.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2014We have been there several times and as always it was great. Today Was just as good as the other times. The only disapointment is that they dropped the crab cakes from the menu - they were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilEricaDined on 6/9/2014The meal was excellent! Special thanks to our waitress, Lydia, for a terrific job!We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but make reservations directlyJeffDined on 6/1/2014Great food, huge portions, enough to share with a friend or two. The only problem: Twice the reservations I made through Open Table were not received by Asiago's. In the future, I'd call directly and make live reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerpapabarry47Dined on 6/1/2014My wife chose Asiago's for her birthday dinner. The food is outstanding and the service is great. We have been to Asiago's five times and everything is always first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far better Italian choices in BoiseLuv2dineDined on 5/31/2014I went there with high hopes of a great experience. It had been several years since visiting the restaurant in there other location. I now know why. The food was under seasoned and bland. The Veal Marsala was made with ground lamb, over cooked with a sauce that best be described as overly sweet but bland. One of my dining partners had a dish that was supposed to include polenta. The kitchen had run out of polenta (their explanation, at 7PM?) and substituted a pile of sautéed red onions without telling us until they were questioned about it! My spouse's dish of mushroom pasta with gorganzola lacked seasoning and flavor. The kitchen staff has no respect for their customers. I and my friends will not be frequenting this restaurant.