Asia Nine Bar and Lounge
915 E Street NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Asia Nine Bar and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asianine.com/
- Phone: (202) 629-4355
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday : 11 AM - 10:30 PM
Friday : 11 AM - 11:30 PM
Saturday : Noon - 11:30 PM
Sunday : 4 PM - 10 PM
*** Kitchen closes 30 minutes prior to the restaurant closing. Last delivery order must be submit 15 minutes before kitchen closing time.
Patio : 4 PM - 7 PM (if applicable)
Bar & Lounge : Mon - Fri 4:30-7PM
Sat Noon - 6PM
Sun All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Rod (Boonrod Yotmanee)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full-service catering package & Bartending service are available or customize your special needs with Asia Nine Bar & Lounge professional catering team service. Please contact PuiPui at 202-629-4355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: All of us at Asia Nine Bar & Lounge recognize that meetings & private party require extra attention to detail. We know you want every detail to be handled professionally and just as you requested. We make exceeding your expectations our first priority. Our service staffs are highly trained professionals who will serve to your needs and the needs of your guests. We hope you will consider Asia Nine Bar & Lounge for your next meeting or private party. For event planning please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Park or Natalie 2026294355x
- Special Events: Asia Nine Bar & Lounge offers complete special event planning services for your events for 10 - 500.At A9 we pride ourselves on close attention to every detail. Our complete event planning services cover it all—everything that can make your event specials
A word from Asia Nine Bar and Lounge
Asia Nine's design draws inspiration from different Asian cultures. Jewel tones and rich woods envelop guests with a warm and exotic atmosphere. Elements of Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, and Vietnamese including a full service sushi bar, bar & lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asia Nine Bar and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always outstanding foodWheatBeltVIPDined on 11/19/2014Asia Nine always has outstanding food and exceptional service. The wait staff are very efficient and professional. For a quick and inexpensive lunch, sit at the sushi bar. I highly recommend this restaurant as one of the very best in Penn Quarter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for bringing out of town visitorslocaldinerDined on 11/17/2014The menu is expansive enough that all kinds of people will find something they like to eat. We have taken people from other parts of the US, and from overseas countries, and all had a good meal. We always ask for a quiet table, and even if the restaurant is pretty full, the management always manages to find a place where we and our guests can talk and hear each other. Asia Nine is a few blocks from where we live, and we will continue to use it for eating out when friends come to town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good salad, lousy sushi rollsSirDinesALotDined on 10/31/2014We had dinner here before theater and were disappointed in the food. It's unusual to find sushi in DC that isn't tasty, but the house specialty "Asia Nine Roll" was heavy creamy concoction that seemed fatty -- the first time I've had that experience with sushi! The "Asian Atlantis Roll" was very spicy and wrapped in a sort of flour wrap I didn't recognize. Neither was classic Japanese style and I didn't think the originality was an improvement. On the other hand, the avocado salad and seaweed salads were very good, and the waitress, although not very good at English, was friendly and attentive.
- Nice Lunch PlaceWRoegeDined on 10/31/2014First time here with a work group of 4 people. Nice decor and the food was very good. Excellent variety of Asian cuisine. We will add it to our list of places to go for a nice lunch out.Special Features:
- Great dish!TeeTeeDined on 10/30/2014I've eaten here plenty and the food and service never disappoint!Special Features:
- Nice findWillieVIPDined on 10/23/2014All entrees we ordered were very good to excellent. Sushi was especially good. Only down side was a server that tended to disappear for long stretches of time. When she was there, she was very good. She just wasn't very attentive - and it wasn't a very busy night.
- Terrific food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014Asia Nine is one of the best restaurants in the Penn Quarter. Since their opening, the quality of their food has been top notch. It is one of my favorite places to go for lunch, happy hour, or dinner. My recommendations: tom kha soup, panang curry with chicken, gway tiew with beef.Special Features:
- OverchargedanonymousDined on 10/9/2014This visit wasn't the best. Errors were made with our food order that had to be corrected.I ordered a small bottle of sparkling water. I was shocked to be changed 8.00 for about 8 ounces which was less than a full glass. I asked the waiter if it was a mistake, if he changed had erroneously charged me for a large bottle. He insisted 8.00 was correct. Probably won't be going back.
- NiceNiceDined on 9/16/2014Everything on the menu was very good. Sushi, Saki, tilapia very good. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatLovetoDineDCDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant waitresses were great with our rambunctious kids, but the food was not as good as I had hoped for. Our main entrée duck dish was very dry and if I had more time, I would have asked the waitress to return the food to the chef. We spent more at this restaurant than any other during our stay in DC, as we decided to go with the 4 course meal X's 3, which ran around $35 per. The salad and the appetizer were great, which made the main entrée all the more disappointing. The dessert was tiramisu and also wasn't bad. My daughter and I were envious of my wife's main entrée, which was a sushi sampler. For a good value and good food don't miss the Old Ebbitt Grill. For the money, the best value in D.C. by far.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLadyBnDCDined on 8/14/2014I love the decorum-very relaxed the food and service was excellent for lunch time dining. I will return again.Special Features:
- A little disappointingFormerFedVIPDined on 8/2/2014My girlfriend and I were in the mood for asian food after a lecture on the Mekong River at the Smithsonian and seeing "Lucy" (partially set in Taiwan). She goofed ordering from the sushi menu, being so intent on avoiding eel that she didn't notice that two her three selections were raw, which she dislikes. I played it safe with the gyoza (pork potstickers) and Vietnamese beef noodle soup. The starter was very tasty, but the soup was dull. I got a couple nicely spicy Thai cocktails while she was disappointed because her lychee martini only included one nut. We will return to Asia Nine, but order more carefully.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An hour for sushi?pedro45VIPDined on 7/29/2014I've been to Asia Nine several times and enjoyed the food and found the service to be friendly and prompt. On July29, however, the restaurant was crowded and the staff overwhelmed. I waited nearly an hour for two sushi rolls. Not only was the wait excessive, but the staff, including the manager, was unapologetic. At one point the waitress asked if I wanted to cancel the order entirely. When we complained about the delay, the waitress told us that asking to see the manager would not have any impact on the speed of the order (and his attitude suggested she was right). While the food was ultimately of its usual quality, the unapologetic response to an unreasonable delay suggests one does not eat at Asia Nine on a busy day.
- The following 1021 reviews are from the Asia Nine Bar and Lounge reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014We love Asian food and were excited when we walked inside since it was nicely decorated. The sushi roll had so much sauce you couldn't tell how many pieces were in it. A dish that was suppose to be served flaming, wasn't because the lighter wasn't working so the waiter gave up. The udon soup was not seasoned. Service was slow; our drinks were usually empty. Over all, we were not impressed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Brought my parents and cousins here for dinner on Saturday 7/26. Good food overall, except that the fish we ordered was supposed to have been seared, but it came to the table fried. The chicken satay was good, but could have been cooked with a little more spices - but the peanut sauce made it all better. The pad thai noodles were really good, the garden rolls and the papaya salad were all delicious! Our server was very good. She was very attentive, and always made sure we had enough water and that our food was cooked to our needs. I have eaten here several times, and it is definitely some of the better Asian food I have had in DC.Special Features:
- good food, about what you expectflevyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Nothing special. Wide variety of Asian cuisines. Food is good, not great.
- Still a Good SpotIntelqubedVIPDined on 7/16/2014Went here for dinner and was seated outside. The drink selection was pretty diverse. We wanted to order the mussels but they were unavailable (suppose better than not having good ones!). We ended up ordering the curry puffs which were pretty good. We got one of the noodle bowls and a salad. The salad was pretty good. The noodle bowl had a very nice broth. The chicken was a little over poached but still pretty good. Would return for another dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for lunchcnewkVIPDined on 7/11/2014I had lunch, then dinner a day later at Asia nine. The lunch menu is much better. The food I good whenever, but there's a much broader selection for lunch. Enjoyed it both times, though.Special Features:
- Asia Nine- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Friends and I went here on a double date on a Saturday night. It was a nice atmosphere, but seemed like they had some pending rennovations going on. There was a carpet industrial fan blowing in the backround, but never the less very romantic setting. The food was amazing, we got the dynamite roll among others, and were very impressed. All of the small plates and drink menu was extensive. Will return! Our server was really nice, and accommodating, we were the last ones here. (Made our reservation for 10 pm, and their kitchen closes promptly at 10:30 on Saturdays, so we were a little rushed. There is a bar, but that closes as well at 11, do an early dinner here and then hop to a bar/ lounge if you are looking to continue the night.Special Features:
- Sushi with Out of Townerslkw0804Dined on 6/24/2014I have been to this restaurant with a group of people a couple of years ago and I was lukewarm about Asia Nine at the time. Last night, we a totally different experience. The sushi was incredibly fresh and flavorful. Our out of town guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- My favorite placeoldsilversaverDined on 6/24/2014This is my favorite place to eat. The best Mai Tai's on the planet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining at a Nice PriceTleeeeDined on 6/17/2014The food is always good particularly the Sushi. Service is good and prices are good for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi & Service!StimulatedBoredomDined on 6/9/2014We stumbled across this restaurant when looking for sushi in D.C. The food was outstanding and has become our favorite sushi restaurant in D.C., and the service was great! The server was always attentive and friendly, without interrupting the table and our conversation. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Fraud?GratianVIPDined on 5/30/2014We have gone to Asia Nine many times. No more. The food is ok. The sushi is not great but will pass. Service is good. Convenient place to go before or after the E Street Cinema. What broke our camel's back was for the second time in a year Asia Nine cancelled our Opentable reservation after we had eaten dinner there. When I asked them about it, they said it was a mistake that could not be fixed. Something smells in the State of E Street, and it's not the fish. I suspect they save whatever they pay to Opentable by doing that. Like to know if others have experienced this "mistake."
- lunch4eatsDined on 5/27/2014Good place for a business lunch. A wide variety of selections. Service was good but not overpowering so we were able to discuss matters without interruptions. All the food arrived hot and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Gem of the Penn QuartermrshadeedDined on 5/23/2014Asia Nine is an outstanding experience for those who enjoy Asian fusion cuisine. They have a solid wine list to accompany their wonderful combination of appetizers and full courses. Combining the sushi menu with a wide range of appetizers is a perfect idea for large groups dining in.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2014We reserved a table for Dining Out For Life. Service was prompt; food was quite good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sushimamafoodieDined on 4/18/2014You can customize your sushi rolls with a number of special additives, like crunchies, avocado, cucumber, etc. The rolls were amazing!! Tuna tartar was also very very good! So were the ravioli.
- Bad Food, Worse ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Age Tofu was probably the worse I've had. My meal arrived about 20 minutes after my friends. It was't that great and six hours later, my stomach is starting to hurt. I deeply regret eating here.
- Bad servicemandytayDined on 3/14/2014It felt like the waitress was deliberately ignoring our group. It took 30 minutes to get our check.Special Features:
- there's a reason you can get a seatflevyVIPDined on 3/13/2014Waiter kept forgetting we were there, never took a drink order and food was not too memorable (did not have sushi). On top of that, the draft from the open door made eating uncomfortably cold and the staff did not seem to notice that everyone was uncomfortable!
- Nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Poor service, food just OK. Took 10 minutes to be asked for our drink order - and the restaurant was half empty at 6:15 on a Thursday. Glass of wine took over 20 minutes and came after our appetizers were delivered. And getting the wine took me getting out of my chair and chasing down the server to figure out the problem. Also had to get up and get my own chopsticks because the server was nowhere to be found. I knew where the chopsticks were because the diners right next to us did the same thing. Chicken satay appetizer was overcooked and dry. The steamed dumplings were decent and the duck roll OK. Meal was better, the lemon grass chicken and thai soup. Would not go back.
- ClosedNedeleDined on 3/9/2014If you chose this restaurant, please call to double-check the reservation. Although our reservation was accepted, when we got there the restaurant was closed!
- Good, but only goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2014I sometimes get Asia Nine and Asia Spice (two Asian fusion restaurants in the same part of DC) mixed up. So, I went to both of them for dinner within a relatively short time period. Asia Nine is definitely better - more interesting menu, better, food, nicer environment. However, even with that, I found Asia Nine to be only good - a solid "B" if I were assigning grades, but nothing higher. None of the food was bad, but none of it was great either.
- ConvenientMavMelVIPDined on 3/1/2014Located near Ford's Theater we figured we would try this place after a tour rather than a burger. My 10 yr old is now eating some sushi. He ordered shrimp Tempura sushi and cucumber sushi. Very pretty and attentive staff. He loved his food and gobbled up the sushi. Afterward I told him what the extra sauce was, eel, he liked it. Waiter did recommend meat/mozerella spring roll to start, not worth it. Our seaweed salad had an additional sauce on it, unnecessary and made the level of saltiness over the top. I ordered one of their special sushi, it was spicy tuna with cucumber and other things I can't remember. The wrap was pale pink with green eggs on top, and kind of dry.
- Great food and a no-fuss placeKatherineVIPDined on 2/28/2014We love Asia Nine because the food is great AND the restaurant staff is always super flexible and accommodating. I've only ever loved the food I've had here, it's usually easy to get a reservation, pretty quick to get in and out if you're catching a movie or something else, and the staff are pleasant and adaptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat place to go w/ a date!CapsFan25VIPDined on 2/23/2014Love the setting, the variety of food, the presentation - it's a super place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we wantedjoyceVIPDined on 1/31/2014Excellent service, great variety of food, nicely prepared. Was there pre-theatre and they were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was goodMHodgkinsDined on 1/25/2014We both had the teriyaki dishes, beef for me and chicken for her. The food was good but nothing extraordinary. The calamari appetizer was excellent! This is my 4th visit their and I'll go again. The server was not very attentive but we didn't need much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory Asian fusion cuisinerudydaleVIPDined on 1/24/2014Not only were the items we ordered tasty, the portions were quite generous in size - even though we shared them between two people, there was still enough to take home. As this was my first visit, I will definitely like to return to try other dishes and linger longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.