710 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.asiakannyc.com/
- Phone: 2122808878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Asia Kan
For your dining pleasure our chefs offer a deliciously unique cuisine, combining the bold flavors of pan Asia fare & sushi in this chic, romantic yet amazingly comfortable environment. With the stunning white jade Buddha which rests peacefully on top of our sushi bar beneath the dazzling skylights. In Asia Kan, we treat our guest not as customer but as our friends in our home. Our menu features the highest quality ingredients served family style & the results are magical. Try a selection from our extensive of sake & wine list or tempt your palate with AK's signature fresh mudded mojito or other exotic cocktails. We provide attentive service & attention just to ensure that our guests are happy and satisfied. The soul of Asia Kan is about harmony, enjoying life & celebrating with friends. The mixture of electric Asian decor, hypnotizing music & our magical food create an unforgettable experience which will lure guest back over and over again. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asia Kan reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Nickel and dimingkaygelaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our one complaint was that my two sons ordered a $48 sushi platter which the description stated would included a choice of a "special roll". My sons chose the dragon roll.The waiter returned to our table to tell us that the dragon roll would cost an additional $1 and that the only inclusive special roll was the shrimp roll.When my sons responded that wasn't what was stated in the menu, the waiter seemed confused and kept saying that's what he was told in the kitchen.We then showed him the menu where it said any special roll but he kept repeating that it would cost an additional $1. I didn't want to continue the discussion over such a silly amount and just agreed to it but felt that the restaurant tacking on a $1 on a $48 item was absurd.
- Great neighborhood findKennyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Asian Kan looks like any other storefront as you want the upper West Side but step inside for a pleasant surprise. Attentive staff, good food - large selection of sushi, as well as Thai and Asian hot asian dishes, and a nice ambience. Dumpling appetizer - steamed and pan fried - were very good. My wife and daughter loved the sushi. I had the champagne dick and it was superb. Great little find!Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Asia Kan reviews archive.
- Great prices for good foodkelly122Dined on 5/24/2014We recently visited this restaurant while visiting NYC. The menu is a great cross-section of food, at really great prices for NYC. It's a bit off the beaten path, and I found the crowd to be older and not really packed for a Saturday night. But I definitely enjoyed the food. :)
- JANTAR A DOISjuliabarrosDined on 4/24/2014Um lugar agradável para casais, garçons extremamente gentis, comida leve, pratos consideráveis. ....repetirei em outras vindas para NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great jazz on saturday eveningszeke7237Dined on 3/15/2014Pretty good asian fusion. Sushi is decently priced and well-made with plenty of fish. Best thing is the jazz scene that's developing there most Saturday nights; a talented tenor player from the neighborhood is anchoring what often turns into an amazing jam with some of the top talent in the area sitting in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can count on Asia KansusankaiserDined on 12/13/2013I have been here quite a few times and have liked it every time. It's a bit dark and noisy, but I say it's Kid-Friendly because my 5-year-old grandson, who is wild about sushi and sashimi, is treated with respect and kindness, and the food comes pretty quickly. Everyone I have brought here has liked it too. The food is fresh and the presentations pleasing to the eye. Staff are unfailingly pleasant and helpful.Special Features:
- Awesome Food, great servicekennyklrDined on 9/3/2013This place is consistent and the sushi is always fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, hovering serversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013The sushi and entrees were good and very reasonably priced. I especially liked the black pepper tuna roll as did my entire group. We decided to order family style so that everyone got to try a little bit of each dish and I would definitely go back. The restaurant was pretty empty though and I think that was a good thing for the noise level but made me a little nervous. Also the health inspection rating was a B! If they could get that up to an A I think it would help them immensely. Also the waiters literally stood beside our table and since we had 2 servers it felt like one of them was asking if we needed anything every 5 minutes. Overall, I would go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the appetizers remainedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013While the appetizers remained as good as ever, I found the main dishes to be disappointing this time. The mango chicken was too sweet and the eggpplant dish too greasy.
- Very tasty and fresh sushiJerryTheKVIPDined on 3/22/2013Very tasty and fresh sushi rolls. Very nice flights of sake. Out waitress had some trouble with our English but she was very friendly so that made up for it.
- Loved the tuna & salmon saladlaurabeckernycDined on 3/3/2013Loved the tuna & salmon salad - super light and freshSpecial Features:
- 40th Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I had a blast for my 40th Birthday dinner at the lovely Asia Kan Bar/Lounge/Restaurant! The service was EXCELLENT, the drinks were TASTY, and STRONG. The food was SUPERB! I highly recommend this place for a date, catching up with friends and/or a business meeting. It is located right around the corner from the train station and if you love the theater like I do, you can enjoy a great meal after Symphony Space (which is also located around the corner). I plan to return hopefully this weekend on a date, if not with another set of friends. I'm from Queens and it was worth the trip. This restaurant came highly recommended from a friend and I was not disappointed. Kudos to management for having an excellent staff.Special Features:
- Great Sushi Amazing PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2012My wife and I travel into the city about once a year to see a show and have a nice dinner. Since my wife is now into sushi I chose Asian Kan and I am very glad that I did. The sushi menu was very thorough and very reasonably priced. We completely stuffed ourselves and had an amazing time. It feels cozy and upscale but the prices are really affordable. In fact when the bill came I was shocked...I said to my wife, "they really should have charged us more." Enjoy.Special Features:
- so-so place; waitress didGlendaDined on 9/20/2012so-so place; waitress did not speak understanable English; food was spicier than indicatedSpecial Features:
- Asia Kan is off the beatenBevBVIPDined on 9/11/2012Asia Kan is off the beaten path up in the 90s on the UWS, but it's worth the taxi ride from midtown if you want to enjoy delicious sushi and sashimi at a fraction of the price you will spend at the midtown Sushi glamor spots. While it's no Nobu in terms of atmosphere, it's very nice - dark, nice lighting, white marble buddhas - a far cry from the minimalist sushi places that seem to be the other midtown extreme. Asia Kan has struck a perfect balance and is great value for money. Hop in a taxi and check it out!Special Features:
- Wow!susankaiserDined on 7/21/2012I had no idea this great place was in my neighborhood. The fish is fresh and delicious, and the soft shell crab was unbelievable.Special Features:
- A lovely little Japanese restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2012A lovely little Japanese restaurant on the upper west side. The selection was ample and there are even lunch specials at discounted prices. The food was fresh and tasty.
- mehSaxmanVIPDined on 6/29/2012This neigborhood place was packed on a hot friday night. Couples, Seniors, Families with kids, everybody eats here. There are many sushi resturants in the area and this is not the best nor the worst. The food was OK but at first I had a problem with a waiter who insited my skunky beer was good. I assured him it was not and we settled on another brand. Service was quick and the diners around me seemed to be having a swell time.
- Quiet and set for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2012Quiet and set for a business lunch, no noise to speak of, good lighting during the day and a place I would go to again!Special Features:
- If you're a fan of good ThaiWillVIPDined on 5/18/2012If you're a fan of good Thai & Sushi and don't mind the dark lighting...this is the spot for you. Hands down one of our favorite local Thai & Sushi spots. Glad they joined OpenTable so we can rack up the points!Special Features:
- Asia Kan is in my neighborhood.ThanksVIPDined on 5/17/2012Asia Kan is in my neighborhood. It is consistently above average in food that is always fresh. Their good variety of Sake choices are a plus, not always evident in all japanese restaurant, and the place never seems too noisy. In the good weather, they open the front up making it even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Food is good and service isOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/27/2012Food is good and service is quick. Only downfall is that waiters English is limited and they can not provide much detail on preparation of food.
- Good sushi placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/9/2012Nice place for sushi on the west side. I like it because it's small and doesn't feel rushed.Special Features: