Asia de Cuba
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $31 to $50
Asia de Cuba
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asiadecuba.com/
- Phone: (212) 726-7755
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Pan-Asian, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Luis Pous
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Contact: Regional Sales Team 2125546507
- Public Transit: Asia de Cuba is located within walking distance of every major subway line in Manhattan. The closest subway stations are the "8th St/NYU" stop on the N & R lines (located at 8th St & Broadway) and the "Astor Place" stop on the 6 line (located at Astor Place & Lafayette St).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: While street parking is widely available in the area, ICON Parking is the closest parking garage to Asia de Cuba. It is located at 445 Lafayette St, on the east side of Lafayette St. and just a few feet away from the restaurant.
A word from Asia de Cuba
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asia de Cuba reviews from OpenTable diners
- I must say I am sad that AsiaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2011I must say I am sad that Asia de Cuba is no longer in NY. I miss going here with friends and family. The food never disappointed me and the ambiance was soo good. The drinks were strong so one was good enough for me and i'm not a light weight drinker. The coconut infusion cake was my absolute favorite. I can't say enough great things about this restaurant. I guess I will have to wait until I go to Miami or LA where Asia de Cuba is also located. now that it is restaurant week I am so missing asia de cuba. :(Special Features:
- I'm really going to miss AsiaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2011I'm really going to miss Asia de Cuba. It was my favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- We had a great time, the waiterGoodVIPDined on 10/12/2011We had a great time, the waiter was very attentivce. Too bad it was closing the day we went!
- I've always loved Asia deIrvingDined on 10/12/2011I've always loved Asia de Cuba-NY. I am so sorry they re closing. Their food is consistently great. Unusual dishes. fabulous. Their best is the calamari salad and the white sangria.Special Features:
- Disappointed in Asia de CubaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2011The portions are family sized but not good if you are one or a few. The food did not look fresh. It didn't taste good, but was edible. There was an excess of bananas in the calamari salad and too much wasabi in the ahi tuna entree. The scallops were delicious though. The service was expressionless. It wasn't busy either. Only after I went there and commented to friends, did I hear that it was no longer a good place but was riding on its reputation. Luckily, it was only a lunch meeting and not a special occasion.
- I WiLL Miss you Asia de CubaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2011i always loved Asia de Cuba and i am very upset that the restaurant is closing his doors.Special Features:
- Cool place, excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011Cool place, excellent food, good for a group of friends, but to much aircondition!Special Features:
- Food mediocre at best. itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2011Food mediocre at best. it is closing down this location not sure why. very expensive for what one gets. would never go back.
- I went to Asia de Cuba thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2011I went to Asia de Cuba this week because I knew it was closing. This is the only restaurant I can claim as my favorite and I was devasted to learn it was leaving NYC. I called my beat friend and said, "We gotta go!" We went after work on Friday, had their amazing food, and towards the end of our meal, the manager cane to our table, asked for me, and informed me that they were giving their most loyal patrons a "Thank You" parting gift card that is good at any of the China Grill Management restaurants. Such a classy move! I was touched! I only hope they return to NYC! Great food, great service, great ambiance and hands down, my favorite restaurant in NYC! Thank you for the great memories! You will be missed in NYC!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food & vibrant ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2011Excellent food & vibrant ambiance along with great service!Special Features:
- The calamari salad was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2011The calamari salad was delicious, but huge! The waiter recommended we order 2 appetizers and 1 entree to share. We only ordered one appetizer (the calamari salad) and we were fairly full by the time our entrees arrived. Glad we forced ourselves to eat more, though, because all the dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- Great place to share differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2011Great place to share different dishes, everything delicious. Interesting fusion of Latin and Asian flavors.Special Features:
- one of the best in nyc...iReview242VIPDined on 10/1/2011asia de cuba is one of my favorite restaurants in nyc. their food is amazing, the waitstaff is always friendly, fun and courteous, and the atmosphere is quiet enough to enjoy a romantic dinner for two, but still moderate enough for large parties to have a great time too. unfortunately, i'm told that they're closing their nyc restaurant!
- The food is still fantastic.BrilliantVIPDined on 9/29/2011The food is still fantastic. Beware, the portions are big!Special Features:
- Sorry to find out that theyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2011Sorry to find out that they will be closing.....always had a fun time and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Food was outstanding. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011Food was outstanding. Service was excellent. The drinks were the absolute best. I would highly recommend Asia to anyone.Special Features:
- The food was delicious asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011The food was delicious as always and the service was terrific.Special Features:
- Tasting menu a highlight.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Tasting menu a highlight. Food was perhaps brought out too fast. Generous serves but not too much. A little loud and tables a little crowded together but otherwise atmosphere was excellent. Overall very good and have recommended to others.Special Features:
- Asia de Cuba is always verypierremonamiDined on 9/22/2011Asia de Cuba is always very good but regrettably this is all going to come to an end as it closes half way through October following some kind of falling out with the hotel which means it shall close. One can only hope it reopens and continues to do its terrific food!Special Features:
- Good was great but the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2011Good was great but the ambiance was very disappointed.
- Excellent Food……….Share entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/20/2011Excellent Food……….Share entree and even appetizer…….huge portions , quality not just quantity!Special Features:
- Upon my dining experienceJacquigonDined on 9/18/2011Upon my dining experience at Asia de Cuba, my guest and I decided to select the tasting menu. It was excellent to say the least. The Calamari salad is the best calamari salad I've ever had, the banana slice in the salad is different yet perfect addition to this dish. The Alaskan Cod and Beef ribs were delicious and literally melt in your mouth with flavor. The coconut java rice was a perfect medium of spanish/asian rice. Definitely returning in the near future!Special Features:
- Terrible service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2011Food was great as usual but the guy who met us at the door doesn't deserve working at such restaurant. No way I am ever going back there again after such treatment even though I used to like going there before.
- Not what it used to beMsDiva2UDined on 9/18/2011The first time I dined at Asia de Cuba the food was extremely well seasoned and tasty. I felt like each of my individual taste buds were awakened with each bite I took. I was very excided to bring my friend (a future chef) here to have the amazing experience I had. To my dismay the food was only "ok" on this visit. I'm assuming that there is a new chef since about 4 years have passed since I revisited. In the meantime I have enjoyed great food at other China Grill Management restaurants.Special Features:
- We love the place. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/17/2011We love the place. Always great service and great food!!
- Realy like the place but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011Realy like the place but the ambiance is better than the food.
- Although the combination ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011Although the combination of different ingredients is very creative, the taste of the food remains a little plain. Ambiance is nice.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant Bar NoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011LOVED this restaurant!The drinks were refreshing & the food was nothing short of absolutely spectacular.My husband took me here for my 35th birthday on recommendation from friends & it sure didn't disappoint!We decided to go with the 'Tasting menu with wine paring" & was blown away by each and every course.The calamari salad was like none other & could be ordered as a main course it was that delicable! The short ribs melted in your mouth as did the cod.I never had tuna tartare before so I was rather reluctant to try it but Im sure glad I did.I ranked the service rather low because our reservations were for 9:30pm & we werent seated until 10pm although there were plenty of empty tables.We also waited a long time for the food.Special Features:
- Food good, unusual combosOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2011Food good, unusual combos that work. We enjoyed sharing plates. Service too keen to rush you. Got the mains before we had eaten sorbets and that was after telling them to slow it down.Special Features:
- "beef two ways" - sounds amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011"beef two ways" - sounds amazing on menu its just beef dumplings with soy sauce and fried dumpligs with another sauce "lemongrass chicken" - same yellow sauce served with above with dry chicken on a stick "rhum pork" - this should really be called pork bellies bc thats all it is there is absolutely no meat on the pork i had to spit out mouthfulls of fat bc it was too dark to see it Dessert was dry and plain tasted like a macaroon with chocolate sauce not impressed Food was nothing special and nothing i cant get at a thai restaurant for 1/3 the price and 5x the flavor and quantity Service - we were done eating dessert but still had half a pitcher of sangria left and no one came by to pour it only to ask if we were finished very rude
- Was a bit skeptical when toldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2011Was a bit skeptical when told by the waitress that the four us would order two apps and two entrees. Thought it might have had something to do with our ordering from the Restaurant Week menu, but the waitress was correct in telling us that the portions are large. They were that and delicious. Drinks were great and the service was friendly and informative. We loved it. BUT we were told that the place would be closing soon. TOO BAD. Get there before it shuts down!Special Features:
- too bad it is closing - hopeBackAgainDined on 9/1/2011too bad it is closing - hope it opens in new incarnation apart from morgans.Special Features:
- Food was tired and insipidOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2011Food was tired and insipid and not hot enough. I would not return.
- I have been many times andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2011I have been many times and if this was my first time i would not go back. The calamari in the Calamari salad (which i always order) was burnt and had a bitter taste. The rest of the food was ok but not as good as my previous experiences. The service was bad. The waiter was ok at first but quickly seemed to lose interest in the table. We asked him and another server to take a picture of us and they acted as it is was a chore. Also, they did not ask us which desserts we wanted from the menu but instead just brought out two. I had just been one week prior and the experience was night and day. The waiter mentioned that the place was closing so i guess that impacted the service. Even though the place may close, we expect service.
- Food was innovative. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2011Food was innovative. Nice concept blending asian and cuban, but taste was average. Loved the ambiance. Beautiful setting for dinner. Nice timely wait staff.Special Features:
- Great place!! I loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2011Great place!! I loved the food and the service was great!!Special Features:
- Outstanding quality of food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2011Outstanding quality of food. Nice atmosphere and good service. The chocolate cake dessert was on of the best I ate so far!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal with complimentaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2011Wonderful meal with complimentary and terrific dishes. We did the restaurant week menu for a table of 7 and some of the dishes were properly proportioned, but the chicken was not. Service was very good. Shame that it will soon be closing.Special Features:
- My overall dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2011My overall dining experience at Asia De Cuba was fair. In terms of presentation all of my meal and drink choices were stunnning. My meal and drink choice consisted of: Mojito, Calamari Salad "Asia De Cuba", Cuban BBQ Chicken, Coconut Invasion. I've had better mojitos, the minature cane stick was a nice twist. The Calamari Salad was OK. The salad exuded a peanut butter taste, this may have been a result of the sesame dressing. The BBQ Cuban Chicken wasn't bad, I felt that the chicken could've used a bit more seasoning. Most of the flavor derived was from the BBQ sauce. The Coconut Invasion was good but a bit sweet. It would've been nice if a semi-sweet chocolate sauce was used to offset the sweetness of the coconut cake and ice cream.Special Features:
- from the moment i was greetedbobbycDined on 8/26/2011from the moment i was greeted by a smiling man, i knew this would be my new home. drinks were great, atmoshpere fun, scenery beautiful, food excellent. music inviting. really enjoyed it.Special Features: