Asia de Cuba - Los Angeles
8440 W. Sunset Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $50 and over
Asia de Cuba - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/
- Phone: 3238486000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 11:30am Saturday - Sunday 8:00am - 11:30am Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 6:00pm Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 6:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Cuban, Asian
- Executive Chef: Philip Dubose
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: To best discover the flavors of Asia De Cuba, take the journey home...full-service catering features Asia De Cuba cuisine as well as custom designed menus for social, entertainment or corporate events. Contact our Catering department at 323 848 6080 for your special event needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Asia De Cuba located within Mondrian Hotel on Sunset Strip offers the undiscovered pleasures of Chino-Latino cuisine. We can accomodate non-exclusive parties up to 60 guests and exclusive events between 130 and 400 guests. Let us create a custom experience for you!
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Tate 8888594387
- Special Events: Enjoy our new Sunday Three Course Brunch including a Signature Dessert Station and bottomless Mimosas, Bloody Maries, and Sake Sangria for $39.50! Offered every Sunday 10am-3pm.
A word from Asia de Cuba - Los Angeles
Asia de Cuba provides an unparalleled culinary adventure complete with innovative fusion menus and unmatched Philippe Starck cutting-edge design. With its phenomenal patio and white-on-white interior palette, by day Asia de Cuba at Mondrian embodies the quintessential chic California lifestyle. But by night, Asia de Cuba at Mondrian is transformed into sensuous soiree showcasing remarkable cuisine. Dishes are served to be shared “family style.” And share you will as portions are generous. Spectacular city views frame both the indoor and outdoor with the latter featuring giant “Alice in Wonderland” terracotta pots with fichus trees and bougainvillea providing intimacy over a trellis.Continued
To check out what’s happening at your favorite hotspots, visit www.chinagrillmgt.com/thehookup.cfm
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asia de Cuba - Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
- Beautiful and tasteful place.lizzleDined on 8/29/2013Beautiful and tasteful place. There are large portions and worth the price. Been here for lunch and dinner and have great experiences both times. Has a unique fusion blend. I am saddened that it is closing. A great gem with a beautiful view.Special Features:
- OutstandingUcsbDined on 8/28/2013The most outstanding service I've ever had at a restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a beautiful day, andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/25/2013It was a beautiful day, and we got to look over Los Angeles while eating good food. What more is there to say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not for special eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2013They asked me if we were celebrating an event. Obviously, they wanted to know so they could do smthng nice or so they could mention it, right? I specifically told them that my daughter was getting married (that day) and we were there to celebrate. Also told them she just got back from Afghanistan (she's in the Air Force). They didn't even mention it or give a congratulations. Not once. Service was also slow. Very slow. Sat for awhile before drink order was taken. Sat again waiting to place out order. Not a single apology or explanation. The food was good, thankfully. But I doubt I'll bring visitors there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest Restaurant in LA!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013One of the greatest restaurant's in Los Angeles....always satisfied with the food, ambience and over all experience. I'm must say I was very sad to hear that the restaurant will be closing it's doors. Asia De Cuba will be missed!!!!Special Features:
- For $360 dinner we got veryNateDined on 8/16/2013For $360 dinner we got very poor service. It's about time to close down.Special Features:
- Dinning in style with a viewMarcoDined on 8/11/2013Sofisticaded restaurant with very nice food, but on the pricy side. Great ambience with beautiful people and an amazing view over Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ruined the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2013I'm really bummed that the service was bad. Took my best friend there on a Sunday night. I had raved to her about this restaurant for weeks. Our server initially started out great but as the night wore on he was no where to be found. After we finished eating we sat there for at least 20 minutes without any service at all. No one came to get our empty plates. In fact we flagged down another waiter who kind of took over and told us our waiter was outside. We ordered dessert and again waited.. We flagged down another waiter and asked for water and the bill. Finally as we were ready to leave our initial waiter came back cheery asking how everything was etc. it was wierd to say the least. He was non existent for at least 40 minutes!!Special Features:
- Outside DiningNanc8Dined on 8/9/2013This is Asuab/Cuban influenced food. I recommend the tasting menu. The menu us confusing. The atmosphere & drinks are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but overpricedLunchguestDined on 8/7/2013Food (3course lunch) was very good. Not exceptional but better rhan good. Service very attentive. Nice location, great patio. However very overpriced though. Lunch ended up at 85 USD per person (starter, main, sharedvdesdert, ap glass of wine)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect view and food!! IMaryjDined on 8/5/2013Perfect view and food!! I would come back to LA for this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013Delicious food. Interesting combinations. Experienced servers providing excellent suggestions. Will return!Special Features:
- Great experience!LauraDined on 7/29/2013Loved everything about it. The view was spectacular and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2013Took 20 minutes after being seated to be noticed. After that, our waiter was absent majority of the time and never brought us the things he said he was going back to bring us. Our food orders were prepared wrong. We ordered 2 rounds of Bloody Mary's and the second ones were not even close to the same as the first. They were even missing the olives, limes and celery! We told our waiter and he forgot to bring them and had to ask again. They switched waiters after awhile and the new guy wasn't much better. Not a good experience. Couldn't wait to get our check and leave.Special Features:
- 21st b-ay celebrationladyzfromNYC2LADined on 7/27/2013I chose Asia de Cuba to celebrate My Daughters 2!st birthday. . We had such a LOVELY time, our waiter was "OUTSTANDING",everything He suggested was DELICIOUS. My daughters ate Octopus for the first time and are now raving about it to everyone. It really was a lovely evening, We ordered cocktails(my daughters first) in the lounge are while waiting for Our table to be ready and they were delicious ,probably one of the BEST Martini's I had ever tasted.. Thank You very much we were only disappointed to hear that the restaurant will be closing in the near future. We will try and go back a couple times before it happens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experience40fabtripDined on 7/27/2013Asia de Cuba was recommend by a friend as a must go for my girls trip to Los Angeles. I'm so glad we went. Of all the restaurants we went to on this trp, Asia de Cuba was the highlight. Not only was the service wonderful, the ambiance and view perfect, but the food was amazing. We enjoyed a three hour meal, savouring each dish and enjoying ourvoverall dining experience. I will definitely go back to LA in the future and Asia de Cuba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown away once again..FoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2013I haven't been to Asia De Cuba for years. Back then they server more "family style" (larger portions) and I used to feel that unless you were 4+ people it was difficult to dine there. This has since then changed. The portions are smaller a ridiculously delicious. Try the crispy octopus with caramelized garlic! Best starter on the menu I hear. They make an authentic yummy caipirinha, almost like in Brazil. Our waiter was excellent and really funny. Probably an actor doing his rent-paying gig on the weekends? Either way the service was great, the ambiance superb and the food was awesome!Special Features:
- Great mealGrubbyDined on 7/26/2013This was the second time we had been here and both times were great. This time we had some overseas visitors with us and they were totally taken by the view. Food and service were fantastic. Meal size was good and wine selection also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!PonaramonaDined on 7/25/2013My dining partner and I sat near a gigantic terra cotta planter and looked over the whole of Los Angeles - what a sight. We sampled a few things from the menu - each tastier that the course before. I especially enjoyed the asian noodle box - somewhere between a lasagne and a bowl of noodles. But the combination of flavors was remarkable. I also enjoyed the misoed salmon - the only drawback was that it was on a white rice and not a brown one. Our waiter was perfectly attentive and had a good knowledge of the menu and preparations. We came here as part of DineLA and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolutely lovely diningSFTransplantDined on 7/24/2013An absolutely lovely dining experience -- very professional, refined, and friendly service that managed to avoid pretension. The food was top notch - an inventive and delicious menu that, along with the ambiance and view, softens (most of) the "sticker price shock." If you can afford to come here every night, by all means, do so. If not, it's a worthy choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The outside seating with theGeriVIPDined on 7/24/2013The outside seating with the oversized terracotta and shady plants was beautiful. We sat inside with a nice view of Downtown LA, however the view of the dilapidated house next door was not pretty. I ordered the vegetarian option and when my plate came, there were 2 square fried tasteless tofu with holes in the middle. When I asked the waiter about the holes, he said "oh there should be 2 string beans inside". Clearly,there were no string beans inside. There was a mango salsa that was mediocre. The entire plate looked very pathetic. For the price they charge, the chef can put a little effort in preparing a thoughtful and tasty vegetarian option. Flank steak - dry and overcooked Fried rice with avocado - rice was undercookedSpecial Features:
- Andrew was a great server.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2013Andrew was a great server. Everything was wonderful besides our bad table location. Otherwise, food service and ambiance were top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was so disappointed to hearNY123VIPDined on 7/20/2013I was so disappointed to hear that it is closing at the end of the month. Unfortunate situation.Special Features:
- Great LA locationNMBelDined on 7/20/2013We stayed at the Mondrian hotel, so it was ever so easy to go out dining at Asia de Cuba. But not only the location, also the ambiance, the food and the service were excellent ! We had a good explanation of the menu, which was not evident for us, Europeans, and absolutely loved everything we got.Special Features:
- We went for the Dine LA experiencefoodieLADined on 7/20/2013We went for the Dine LA experience deal and it was definitely worth it. The food was delicious and given in good portions. It is the perfect romantic or celebratory kind of dinner. The view overlooked LA and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant was modern and classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experienceLamoureDined on 7/19/2013Great outdoors dining. Good food, we could have good conversation. The indoors was very noisy. Thanks Gid our reservation was for outdoors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceIrinaDined on 7/17/2013We had a 9pm reservation, came on time, ordered right after we sat down. We waited for over an hour without much attention from the waiter, and finally gave up at 10:20pm and left without any dinner. Restaurant was not busy, so no excuse for such poor service and long wait. No one even offered some bread or drinks refill white we waited. Would not go there again.
- Given that Asia de Cuba isOlegDined on 7/17/2013Given that Asia de Cuba is no more, it is weird to be reviewing it, but given the many years I've enjoyed coming to it, it's definitely going to be missed.Special Features:
- Best for dinnerRobinDined on 7/17/2013Went to this place for my birthday dinner, food was great! Interesting selection of drinks as well. Tried lunch here for the DineLA weeks and was disappointed. Lunch could have been better. The waiter wore sunglasses, understandable because of the white furniture and sun all day, but this prevented more of a direct experience. Felt like such a typical LA thing to do, hide behind your sunglasses. Thats fine when you're on the streets in your car or walking around town. Seems douchy and less intimate? when you're serving at a restaurant. Go here for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and drinks are beyondAnluVIPDined on 7/16/2013The food and drinks are beyond compare. The only negative is the $14 parking fee.Special Features:
- LA dine weekEXO8Dined on 7/16/2013I went to this restaurant for LA dine week. I really liked our server and the scenic view of the restaurant. Foods were okay. Did not really impress me. I would only recommend this restaurant to tourists who are dying to eat at the fancy restaurant in famous Hollywood spot. Ps. It is extremely hard to find parking (most of the public parking places were $15-20) around the restaurant. Valet parking is $14 with validation from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2013We ate here before 3 years ago while on honeymoon & loved it, our return visit didn't disappoint. This is a great trendy restaurant where the food is outstanding. Waiters are excellent, most of them actors so really chatty & fun. Great cocktails, a magnificent view & superb food.....what more could you want?!?!Special Features:
- Luster LostJeffDined on 7/12/2013This used to be one of our favorites but the fact that it is closing in September has set in with the staff. While the food is still the same offering the quality has noticeably slipped and the service through the floor. Our waiter was slow, indifferent to our needs and often hard to even locate. Such a shame for what was once a gem but I hear that the new restaurant made all of the staff re-apply for their jobs and hopefully have been secret shopping to know where the bad attitudes are. We will wait for the new.Special Features:
- Ultimate LA BrunchPSWeekenderVIPDined on 7/7/2013Views, Cocktails and incredible 3 course brunch make for a wonderful Sunday. Lovely Pastries to start, a full menu of brunch items and 3 desserts. Need I say more.Special Features:
- Nice view, staff has attitudeMJBNYCVIPDined on 7/4/2013Average food, amazing view, unnecessary attitude. Restaurant was only half full and it felt like maitre'de had somewhere better to be. Wait staff was courteous and helpful. Great place to watch 4th of July fireworks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a MissOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2013The restaurant has taken advantage of its reputation and puts in no effort. the maitre'd has attitude - wouldn't seat us until the couple we were waiting on arrived, but didn't direct us to a bar or anything. just expected us to stand there and wait. the food is terrific, though around $45 per meal. But the service is so slow. I had finished my first drink and was trying to get our waiter's attention. I had finished my entree before the waiter returned to offer another drink. and this kept happening. and the restaurant wasn't even busy. Really, just not worth it until they focus on their service.Special Features:
- Still thirsty...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2013Ok - let me say first of all that our waiter did his best with what he had. What he didn't have was enough champagne flutes to serve Mimosas for sunday brunch. We waited nearly 40 minutes for our first one and then another 30 minutes for our 2nd. Bearing in mind we had paid for a 2hr bottomless mimosa brunch, it did cross my mind that Asia de Cuba did this to prevent people drinking more than they priced it at! If you are going to run this kind of promotion, either a) buy extra flutes or b) pour it from jugs. The food was delicious, the setting beautiful and the views well worth a visit. But don't pay for the bottomless mimosas as chances are you'll be better off just paying for the 2 you'll get in the same amount of hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be on a FridayGrumpyOldManDined on 6/28/2013We did not expect it to be the hotspot it was, but were surprised how far it had slid. The floor was 1/3 full at 8:30 for our reservation but the hostess was missing then kept us waiting. The waiter was friendly but incompetent. Typical service: he dropped off drinks and ran away. The bottle had clearly been open 3 days. He never came back to check. We flagged down a busser to find our server. They opened a fresh bottle and the new glass was fine. The restaurant was not busy but we repeatedly had to flag down staff to get service and even had to get up to get a check after waiting 10 minutes with an empty table and empty drinks.
- Always a good experiencethankyouDined on 6/23/2013This restaurant is always a good experience starting with the nice lady at the front desk, she is always very welcoming, we have had dinner and brunches at Asia De Cuba at least 5 times this year and always a great experience. Too bad they are closing in September so if you haven't tried it you must before they're gone.Special Features:
- Yum, delicious!MvlaonceDined on 6/19/2013Great fusion food. I've never eaten there and had anything I would not consider amazing. I come back year after year when I visit la. This restaurant is very different in food and atmosphere than the ny one. I like this one so much better. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The pork belly melts in your mouth, lobster mash is the best way to eat mashed potatoes...and all seafood is amazing. The only issue is gauging the amount of food you need, and our waiter didn't really help us with that. I asked him if what I was ordering was the right amount and we over ordered. He was actually pushing me to order another side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.