Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai
1111 E. Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asiabayrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (954) 848-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Executive Chef: Peter Hepp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai
Mouthwatering sushi & Thai cuisine made with high-quality, fresh ingredients. We boast a trendy, modern environment with an option for outdoor dining overlooking the beautiful Himmarshee Canal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)fit for foodies (31)romantic (24)scenic view (23)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (22)good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great Sushi place! Strongly recommendableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2014Try the Tuna salad and the soft shell crab 😊 fabulous and very reasonably priced. Would definitely come back again when in FTL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Name Says it All.JeffDined on 10/31/2014We had a group of five, first time visit. We ordered Pad Thai Noodles to share, and a variety of Sushi Rolls. All of it was excellent. The "Dream Roll" in particular was so good, we ordered another one for dessert ! Service was also excellent. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Great food and meant to be shared! Good portion options and promptly served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish there were more patronsoDebbVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our wait person was the same as we usually have which was reassuring Something has to be done to encourage more people to comeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Local GemMizKayDined on 10/6/2014This is my favorite place for sushi. The Sushi Chef, Rex always makes amazing creations in addition to the fabulous ones already located on the menu. The staff has been extreme accommodating to our wishes each and every time we go. One of the main reasons my boyfriend and I chose to dine here is the outstanding treatment we received from the host, Marco. He goes above and beyond with service and although it's not "his job" you can find him assisting the servers as well to ensure that the customers have the best experience. Definitely go check this little gem out. Enjoy the wine, food, service and ambiance!Special Features:
- Expensive and specialprofjoeVIPDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food fresh and tastey. Great service. Probably the most expensive Thai food in Fort Lauderdale. Not surprised it was sparsely attended as it is Las Olas and the "season is over". Need to attract locals and coupons not enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overallSouthFlorida77Dined on 9/28/2014Had the perfect combination of good tasting food, ambiance, and scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyGetinspired2dayDined on 9/26/2014Great place for sushi and Thai. Service top notch. One of the best restaurants of our entire trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it here!!nybornDined on 9/21/2014Food is consistently fresh and delicious. Love the sushi menu. Service always prompt and with a smile. Waiters are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great then and now.justfactsVIPDined on 9/14/2014Returned after 1 1/2 years. Wonderful 18 months ago and equally as good today. They do everything correct from quality food, many choices, and fine support staff.
- Just a Great RestaurantFoodboofVIPDined on 9/9/2014From the location, to the design of the interior, and the food - top notch.Special Features:
- Quality place for Sushi & Thai foodIM12RUDined on 9/7/2014We were both pleasantly surprised with the food, service & ambiance. As early diners we had the place to ourselves. It was very nicely decorated. Menu was quite extensive for Sushi & Thai food. Food was very fresh & beautifully served. Portions were more than enough & we both took some of it home. I had Sushi Tempura combination & my friend had the Seafood Curry which we both really enjoyed. Being so early for dinner we had great service. However, when it filled up, the customers seemed to be well taken care of. The prices we moderate plus. Dinner for the two including three beers & entre came to $85.00 including gratuity.Only negative, the garage parking in the back.The signage a bit confusing & walkways needed cleaning and a facelift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okdatenightreviewsDined on 8/31/2014nothing to write home about. i think lunch might be better just for the view; can't appreciate the watet at night. was seated immediately. food service took a very VERY long time. to the point that the server apologized a few times. husband has some kind of soup, said it was decent. we shared sushi, i want to say dynamite roll....perhaps. it was very good. i ordered one of the specials of the day, pineapple fried rice. fried rice with shrimp and lobster, a bit of spice, served in a hulled out pineapple. very pretty and tasted pretty good. husband had massaman chicken. it was good. no better than the cheap thai place we go to. we don't need to go back. can get same quality of food for less money.Special Features:
- enjoyable eveningfoodlover12Dined on 8/30/2014beautiful patio ambiance, terrific service. Two of us dined: I was happy w/my order (a sushi/sashimi combo) but my partner's spicy tuna really wasn't. Definitely needed a bit of kick - very bland. I also was annoyed that they charged me $4 extra just for brown rice. They charge $4 for a whole SIDE of brown rice on menu and this wasn't a side...at most 2 tablespoons. Cmon people: I'm already paying $25 for plate: $1-2 extra is what every other high end place in Ft Laud charges. (And there's no mention in the menu or by the server about upcharge.) Again, not the end of the world, but just enough to turn me off in terms of valuing customers when you're paying $70+ for a few rolls, one cup of soup and a $6 bottle of beer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little find...RieGVIPDined on 8/24/2014The service was above and beyond. The restaurant manager was friendly, personable, helpful, and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and well taken care of. She even went the extra mile to make my boyfriend's birthday very special with a birthday dessert (which, by the way, was absolutely incredible both in presentation and flavor!). Our waiter was also perfectly wonderful and attentive. The restaurant is on a waterway and has outside seating which is quite charming as well. The food was wonderful - expertly prepared and plated - and very fresh (we ordered sushi rolls - perfection!!! Thank you Jessica and Alfred and those we didn't get to see in food prep for a perfect Sunday afternoon. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Localthh1Dined on 8/22/2014Great sushi place, they also offer other dishes as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We dine here regularly. The food is always fresh and delicious. The menu is very broad- enough for the pickiest eater to choose from. Recommend their fish and sushi- excellent choices. Tuna Rock on seaweed is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedJorgeVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was good but for the price they charge they have to do much better, service was friendly and quickSpecial Features:
- Fresh & cleanLisalisaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Consistently good fresh sushi & creative rolls. Always leave satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original foodStaceyDined on 7/26/2014The lobster roll was excellent & the presentation of all food was noted. The pineapple fried rice looked fun & delicious. Will order that next time for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 212 reviews are from the Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai reviews archive.
- chill, yummy food, with water viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Everything was perfect for my very casual business mtg. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was on point. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive does not mean greatmyheartbrokeDined on 7/18/2014First off, this particular location is nestled into Las Olas- a fancy way of saying "the most expensive, uppity place in Fort Lauderdale". With that, my personal tastes are very far from expensive, yet I like sushi- no, I love sushi- plus I refuse most places offering sushi because it is a very delicate food to prepare. Nonetheless, I ordered a lunch special with chicken teriyaki and tuna/white fish sashimi with three hamachi (yellowtail) nigiri. Let me say this: you can't really mess up chicken teriyaki, so it was great and I implore all to have it, but with sashimi the chef ended up putting a hair in one of my pieces and that is absurdly wrong. The yellowtail was sweet but not the best I've had.Special Features:
- DisappointingArlingtonJayVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I ate at Asia Bay six years ago, during one of our many trips to Florida over the years. For this latest trip, we figured we'd revisit a couple of places that we'd been to in the past, and Asia Bay was one of those places. What a difference six years makes. A major reason why we returned was because we both had recollections of a wonderful meal/experience during our first visit. It was the opposite this time around. Our waiter was pretty lackluster and disconnected, and the rolls we ordered were fairly tasteless; we've had better sushi elsewhere. The gyoza tasted like ones you'd get in the frozen section of an Asian market. All in all, not worth the price paid, and I imagine there are better places in south FL.
- Sittin' on the dock of the Asia BayCollieCDined on 7/5/2014Came here 2 years ago on a recommendation and went back the following night it was so good. Back in the same region now and had to go back again. Was not disappointed, absolutely love the food. Alfred, our waiter, was very attentive, made sure we had everything we needed. The only complaint I have is that the sizeable portions left us unable to sample dessert this time. Loved sitting outside by the water, this place will be on my permanent list of dependable restaurants when in the area. Great menu with a wide variety to suit all and excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food!RuzbudDined on 7/5/2014The food here is excellent. I would dine outside when the weather's nice, it's a little loud inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/3/2014Tempura appetizer was a little greasy rather than light and crisp. Pad Thai was fine and sushi (tuna lovers roll and unagi sashimi) were also good but I would go to TeeJays next time. More interesting choices at lower price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014The sushi was absolutely devine. The service was great but the hostess was not friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Thai and JapanesegreatniteVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food is incredible and the service excellent. We are always satisfied with everything at Asia Bay. One of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Findsam815wDined on 6/15/2014We had made reservations to Asia Bay mistaking it for another restaurant in the area. Well to much to our surprise, it turned out to be a hidden gem. We were seated quickly although our reservations were for much later. The service was unparalleled and the decor was elegant but not over the top. The food was amazing, after dinner we were great ed by the owner who asked if we had a pleasant dining experience. Needless to say, we congratulated him on his fine establishment. We look forward to returning again soon. Highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAndi45VIPDined on 6/15/2014We eat here all the time! The sushi is fresh and their rolls are excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful!GiovanniDined on 6/7/2014We took a chance with Groupon, and so glad we did! The mussels were fresh, sushi trolls were delicious and service and atmosphere was perfect! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dacorn3Dined on 6/7/2014A bit on the pricey side, the waiter was great, the food was good, we tried the toro. It's good if you like spicy food.Special Features:
- 1st TimerHere2EatDined on 6/7/2014My girlfriend & I enjoyed it very much. We've been going to lots of sushi spots to test their creations. This location was well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian fusionFoodzillaDined on 6/6/2014Sushi and Thai in one location. Service and food were excellent. Loved the flexibility of the menu.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantmomcollegekidsDined on 6/5/2014We were there for our daughters High School Graduation, she wanted to go to a place on Las Olas that had outdoor dining and Sushi so we chose Asia Bay. we had not been there before nor heard about the restaurant. What a great find!!! You will not be disappointed. Outdoor dining was wonderful! Service was fabulous! and food was superb! The only complaint was that the music was not good! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014I went myself for sushi and found it to be amazing and very fresh....the tuna appetizer with tempura is amazingSpecial Features:
- Great selection of Sushi and thai!Foodie2Dined on 5/8/2014It was one delicious dish after another, friendly staff, all around good experience!Special Features:
- Great food at serviceTraveler747Dined on 5/6/2014I took my family here for dinner and we had a great time. We ordered a tempura appetizer, green salad, beer with ginger, tofu pad thai and a chicken curry dish. All the food was excellent. Tasty and nicely presented. Great service by Michael our waiter. He was on top of everything, friendly and took great care of us. I highly recommend Asia Bay as a great spot to eat on Las Olas.Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesBarbaraDined on 4/22/2014Outstanding Asian food. Very interesting dishes. THe ver best Sushi and Thai food. Sitting outside on the water gives you the feeling your in Europe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTouristDined on 4/17/2014Food was delicious! Service was awesome! Alfred was our server and he was amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.