Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai
1111 E. Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asiabayrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9548489900
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Executive Chef: Peter Hepp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai
Mouthwatering sushi & Thai cuisine made with high-quality, fresh ingredients. We boast a trendy, modern environment with an option for outdoor dining overlooking the beautiful Himmarshee Canal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (30)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)scenic view (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (16)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Lovely little find...OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/24/2014The service was above and beyond. The restaurant manager was friendly, personable, helpful, and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and well taken care of. She even went the extra mile to make my boyfriend's birthday very special with a birthday dessert (which, by the way, was absolutely incredible both in presentation and flavor!). Our waiter was also perfectly wonderful and attentive. The restaurant is on a waterway and has outside seating which is quite charming as well. The food was wonderful - expertly prepared and plated - and very fresh (we ordered sushi rolls - perfection!!! Thank you Jessica and Alfred and those we didn't get to see in food prep for a perfect Sunday afternoon. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Localthh1Dined on 8/22/2014Great sushi place, they also offer other dishes as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We dine here regularly. The food is always fresh and delicious. The menu is very broad- enough for the pickiest eater to choose from. Recommend their fish and sushi- excellent choices. Tuna Rock on seaweed is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedJorgeVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was good but for the price they charge they have to do much better, service was friendly and quickSpecial Features:
- Fresh & cleanLisalisaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Consistently good fresh sushi & creative rolls. Always leave satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original foodStaceyDined on 7/26/2014The lobster roll was excellent & the presentation of all food was noted. The pineapple fried rice looked fun & delicious. Will order that next time for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chill, yummy food, with water viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Everything was perfect for my very casual business mtg. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was on point. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive does not mean greatmyheartbrokeDined on 7/18/2014First off, this particular location is nestled into Las Olas- a fancy way of saying "the most expensive, uppity place in Fort Lauderdale". With that, my personal tastes are very far from expensive, yet I like sushi- no, I love sushi- plus I refuse most places offering sushi because it is a very delicate food to prepare. Nonetheless, I ordered a lunch special with chicken teriyaki and tuna/white fish sashimi with three hamachi (yellowtail) nigiri. Let me say this: you can't really mess up chicken teriyaki, so it was great and I implore all to have it, but with sashimi the chef ended up putting a hair in one of my pieces and that is absurdly wrong. The yellowtail was sweet but not the best I've had.Special Features:
- DisappointingArlingtonJayVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I ate at Asia Bay six years ago, during one of our many trips to Florida over the years. For this latest trip, we figured we'd revisit a couple of places that we'd been to in the past, and Asia Bay was one of those places. What a difference six years makes. A major reason why we returned was because we both had recollections of a wonderful meal/experience during our first visit. It was the opposite this time around. Our waiter was pretty lackluster and disconnected, and the rolls we ordered were fairly tasteless; we've had better sushi elsewhere. The gyoza tasted like ones you'd get in the frozen section of an Asian market. All in all, not worth the price paid, and I imagine there are better places in south FL.
- Sittin' on the dock of the Asia BayCollieCDined on 7/5/2014Came here 2 years ago on a recommendation and went back the following night it was so good. Back in the same region now and had to go back again. Was not disappointed, absolutely love the food. Alfred, our waiter, was very attentive, made sure we had everything we needed. The only complaint I have is that the sizeable portions left us unable to sample dessert this time. Loved sitting outside by the water, this place will be on my permanent list of dependable restaurants when in the area. Great menu with a wide variety to suit all and excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food!RuzbudDined on 7/5/2014The food here is excellent. I would dine outside when the weather's nice, it's a little loud inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/3/2014Tempura appetizer was a little greasy rather than light and crisp. Pad Thai was fine and sushi (tuna lovers roll and unagi sashimi) were also good but I would go to TeeJays next time. More interesting choices at lower price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014The sushi was absolutely devine. The service was great but the hostess was not friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Thai and JapanesegreatniteVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food is incredible and the service excellent. We are always satisfied with everything at Asia Bay. One of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Findsam815wDined on 6/15/2014We had made reservations to Asia Bay mistaking it for another restaurant in the area. Well to much to our surprise, it turned out to be a hidden gem. We were seated quickly although our reservations were for much later. The service was unparalleled and the decor was elegant but not over the top. The food was amazing, after dinner we were great ed by the owner who asked if we had a pleasant dining experience. Needless to say, we congratulated him on his fine establishment. We look forward to returning again soon. Highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAndi45VIPDined on 6/15/2014We eat here all the time! The sushi is fresh and their rolls are excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful!GiovanniDined on 6/7/2014We took a chance with Groupon, and so glad we did! The mussels were fresh, sushi trolls were delicious and service and atmosphere was perfect! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dacorn3Dined on 6/7/2014A bit on the pricey side, the waiter was great, the food was good, we tried the toro. It's good if you like spicy food.Special Features:
- 1st TimerHere2EatDined on 6/7/2014My girlfriend & I enjoyed it very much. We've been going to lots of sushi spots to test their creations. This location was well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian fusionFoodzillaDined on 6/6/2014Sushi and Thai in one location. Service and food were excellent. Loved the flexibility of the menu.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantmomcollegekidsDined on 6/5/2014We were there for our daughters High School Graduation, she wanted to go to a place on Las Olas that had outdoor dining and Sushi so we chose Asia Bay. we had not been there before nor heard about the restaurant. What a great find!!! You will not be disappointed. Outdoor dining was wonderful! Service was fabulous! and food was superb! The only complaint was that the music was not good! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014I went myself for sushi and found it to be amazing and very fresh....the tuna appetizer with tempura is amazingSpecial Features:
- Great selection of Sushi and thai!Foodie2Dined on 5/8/2014It was one delicious dish after another, friendly staff, all around good experience!Special Features:
- Great food at serviceTraveler747Dined on 5/6/2014I took my family here for dinner and we had a great time. We ordered a tempura appetizer, green salad, beer with ginger, tofu pad thai and a chicken curry dish. All the food was excellent. Tasty and nicely presented. Great service by Michael our waiter. He was on top of everything, friendly and took great care of us. I highly recommend Asia Bay as a great spot to eat on Las Olas.Special Features:
- The following 194 reviews are from the Asia Bay Sushi Bar & Thai reviews archive.
- Fit for FoodiesBarbaraDined on 4/22/2014Outstanding Asian food. Very interesting dishes. THe ver best Sushi and Thai food. Sitting outside on the water gives you the feeling your in Europe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTouristDined on 4/17/2014Food was delicious! Service was awesome! Alfred was our server and he was amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencetaxmelessDined on 4/12/2014Staff is very pleasant and timely. Food was prepared perfectly. The patio dining was relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, ambience and service!SflafamDined on 4/12/2014Huge menu, exotic and familiar options, waitress was more like a concierge than a server--we really felt pampered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great waterfront placeGourmetSeekerVIPDined on 4/12/2014good food, extensive and creative menu, good service, nice location, great drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot For CouplesLocalGalDined on 4/6/2014I visited Asia Bay on 4-6-2014. The food was excellent, our server Alfred was a delight and knew every aspect of the menu. This is a great, quiet spot for couples. If I had one point that could have put the experience over the top it would be that I noted it was my husband's birthday. When the hostess called to confirm our reservation she made mention of it. Unfortunately, there was no recognition during our dining experience. I did not expect anything free, just a Happy Birthday would have sufficed. The restaurant, service and food were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for workday lunchRonnieGDined on 3/28/2014Wonderful for dinner (we go regularly), but definitely not a place for lunch on a workday if you want to get in and out within a reasonable period of time. We went over lunch hour, had a reservation so getting promptly seated was no problem, but the service was horrible. In fact, during the hour, all we were served were the appetizers. The main course did not arrive in that hour, so I was forced to have it packaged to go. Like I said, ridiculously bad lunch service. Food, as always, was great.
- 1return to Asia BayFLLdinerVIPDined on 3/26/2014Haven't been in a while so glad to see the place remains good with many excellent dishes and a nice outdoor seating area. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceDavidBDined on 3/26/2014Madera (sp?) our waitress offered the most professional, efficient and friendly service I have received in South Florida in quite awhile. We were very impressed with her knowledge and recommendations regarding the menu and specials for the evening. Food presentation was beautiful and the flavor / seasonings were great. Will definitely be kept on my "short list" of restaurant options.Special Features:
- Asia BayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014The food was excellent and it was nice to sit outside beside a big heater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good, not great,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014food was good, not great, outdoor seating was very nice, the waiter was nice but the food came slowlySpecial Features:
- youll come back againirontongueDined on 2/22/2014Totally enjoyable Had the gyoza,rock shrimp,edamame,and Tuna rock w/ seaweed. starters -All outstanding. Main course PAd Thai is one of the best in South Florida The rolls - My fav was the Dream Roll, But the mexican was really good as well. Asked for an outside table on special requests and was accomodated with the best outside table Did not love the Sashimi but that was more because of the preparation. I prefer thinly sliced portions. Those served were generous cutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ecperience!crisDined on 2/20/2014What was the best was our waiter! The service was excellent. The food was good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeJillDined on 2/19/2014The "waterfront view" wasn't all that, but it wasn't horrible. The service was lovely, the sushi looked as good as it tasted. My Panang Curry was perfect! Will be back.Special Features:
- Local top spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/19/2014Food is great especially the fried rice and tuna sushi tower appetizer. It is on the waterway on las olas, pretty ambiance if you sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightJonnyDined on 2/14/2014Everything was perfect. My reservation was on time and ready when we arrived. The people and the food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.