825 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ashtonsalleysportsbar.com/
- Phone: (212) 688-8625
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11.00 - 4.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Hank Bianco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: $24.95 Brunch every Saturday & Sunday. Unlimited Screwdrivers, Mimosas & Bloody Mary's. 80 inch TVs showing all live sporting events.
A word from Ashton's Alley
Ashtons Alley Atmosphere is an invitation to enjoy great food dishes and drinks in our relaxing dining room or on our large outdoor patio, in the heart of Manhattan on 50Th street just off 3rd avenue. Our outside area is ideal for subtle people watching while soaking up the sun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ashton's Alley reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great group dinnerKatelynnDined on 11/15/2014All of my guests thought the service and food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the GamesBadgerDined on 9/27/2014There were so many tvs with all the sports I wanted to watch for the day. The bottomless 2 hour mimosas were good, if a bit weak if you personally asked me. Our server was amazing and really kept our glasses full though and the food came out quickly.Special Features:
- Never againBtrfly424VIPDined on 8/30/2014We made reservations via Open Table for 11:15am and showed up on time only for the hostess to tell us they don't open until 11:30am. They was no hospitality. It took 30 minutes for someone to ask if we would like water and another 30 minutes to order a coffee. The service extremely poor...and food was very disappointing.
- Outdoor DiningGLLEDined on 8/10/2014Great for brunch/lunch. Good burgers, eggs etc. really nice outdoor space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but raw pizzapastaloverVIPDined on 8/5/2014Order a pizza for my son and it came out twice completely raw. My son eats anything that resembles pizza and he wouldn't even touch it.Special Features:
- A good lunch spotcrbaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Have dined here many times with friends and colleagues -- service always good and salads are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Ashton's Alley reviews archive.
- Sports bar with good foodWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 7/15/2014A cut above standard pub grub. Lots of big screen TV's to watch games. Great place to take a date who likes sports, but doesn't love sports bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't trust your reservationbigmamanycVIPDined on 7/13/2014I reserved a table for the world cup two weeks ago. On the day of the event, I called and confirmed. However, when my friends arrived (30 minutes early!) the table was offered to someone else! Imagine trying to find a table for 8 people! The host simply said "oh Pat didn't tell me you called." Who the hell is Pat, I asked. She said the manager. No one came by to apologize and didn't even think to provide a legit answer as to why they gave up the table. Food was awful (eggs benedict was overcooked). Don't go unless you're sitting at the bar to watch a game. Bartender was nice.Special Features:
- LunchStephanieVIPDined on 7/8/2014It's a very nice lunch spot that has indoor and outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findZodsterDRCDined on 6/30/2014We took a coworker out for a goodbye lunch and decided on Ashton's. We loved the food and quick service. It has become a favorite lunch spot.Special Features:
- Refused at the doorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2014I made my reservation on Sunday night and received confirmation. I arrived at Ashton's 5 minutes before my scheduled seating and the hostess AND Manager both refused to seat me. I even showed them my open table confirmation (which was still active in the system). They claimed that they cancelled their open table service and I should not have been able to make one. They then told me that because the world cup game was on, they would not be able to accomodate me. They were extrememly rude and offered no help or other options for seating.Special Features:
- Great pace for brunch!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife, and mother along with my kids here for a mother's day brunch and everything was great. The food is plentiful, and extremely good. The service was great and they made us feel that they cared. Great place for an outdoor brunch.Special Features:
- Nice Brunchluv2eatVIPDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. The flatbread selections were very tastey. Note- NYC Blue Laws prohibit liquor from being served prior to 12 noon on Sundays.Special Features:
- Good Food - Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2014Picked this restaurant off Opentable reviews and for proximity to our hotel. The food was very good. The server was horrible. He had no interest in serving us, he spent most of his time looking at his cell phone. There were only about four tables with diners and two servers so it wasn't busy. The music could have been turned down a bit.
- Sports barcolaresdinesDined on 4/4/2014Good sports bar, with plenty of energy, but that means noisy. No problem with the food, but not a foodie place. Go there with friends to enjoy the sports on TV and have tapas with the beer or wine.
- Convenient midtown but....ParttimefoodistaDined on 3/27/2014Booked on ot last minute. Food was serviceable sportsbar pub type food. Service more surly and rushed than needed to be for a less than packed midtown lunch situation. Plates cleared and check presented in a way that clearly implied that we should keep it moving. And it wasn't like we were lingering for hours. Next time I need a joint in the vicinity will go elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Went Back the 2nd Daybrenbran01Dined on 3/11/2014My customer suggested the restaurant on location alone and it turned out to be a good reason. Close to our meetings and excellent food I had the short ribs on my first visit and then took another customer back the next day. He also chosse the daily special pork chops and was very satsified...i would recomend to anyone on a busy lunch schedule looking for really good food at a good price.Special Features:
- A Sports Bar that works!tomnowVIPDined on 3/5/2014Simple menu and good bar food. It is great for the area. Salmon was a little bit dry but would recommend the warm crab dip--excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low key, upscale sports barWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 1/28/2014With really good food. It's a great place to watch whatever games are on, and have a nice dinner. It wasn't so loud that we couldn't talk to each other (which is a good thing).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is terrible. Don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2013Service is terrible. Don't waste your lunch hour there!!Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2013Great lunch spot when you want something nice and good and don't have more than an hour or so. In addition, also works well for a relaxing dinner place. Service is good and the staff is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchYummDined on 5/26/2013My friends and I had a great brunch here. They were flexible with our reservation, had great food, and were generous with the unlimited drinks. I would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were 4 of us for dinner.AmkijuVIPDined on 5/18/2013There were 4 of us for dinner. Although the grilled vegetable appetizer was fabulous, everything else was just fair. Very noisey, as expected since it's a sports bar. We won't be back.
- How is this place not moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/7/2013How is this place not more crowded for brunch?! It's fantastic.
- We decided to have BrunchEguedryVIPDined on 4/7/2013We decided to have Brunch here and were very pleased with the service, food and the atmosphere. Great brunch selections and very affordable for all.Special Features:
- Don't go for the drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The food is decent, a step above diner food maybe. The drinks were very bad though. I've had better orange juice on an airplane.
- Thier brunch deal is by farlugerDined on 2/24/2013Thier brunch deal is by far the best deal in the area. $25 for a brtunch item plus all you can drink for 2 hours.Special Features:
- We had no idea where to gombvaldesVIPDined on 2/23/2013We had no idea where to go on a very late Saturday night as we were in NYC for a few days and had missed our prior reservation at another restaurant. Ashton's Alley was near our hotel so we decided to go and after 11 pm they had Karaoke. It was great fun with many talented ppl. A very unexpected surprise. The food wasn't spectacular, but it was edible.Special Features:
- Good is always good here andLAmosDined on 2/19/2013Good is always good here and a good value/price for the neighborhood. Nice sports bar setting with fast serviceSpecial Features:
- Food was good! But the drinksConmanVIPDined on 12/22/2012Food was good! But the drinks were okay. I tried to order and old fashioned and they were out of bitters. Had to settle for a manhattan . My guests order sodas and mixed drinks but the soda was flat and tasted terrible. A 12 dollar rum and come with flat soda is a bit over the top. But the food was good hoping it was just and off bar night .Special Features:
- Good if you are looking forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Good if you are looking for an expensive sport bar. Not recommended for a romantic dinner,
- Great place to catch a gameTilgh4VIPDined on 12/9/2012Great place to catch a game on TV - food is very good as is the service.Special Features:
- Good food. Service was fastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Good food. Service was fast and friendly. Would definitely recommend Ashton's Alley.Special Features:
- DisappointingDaniMarieDined on 12/1/2012We have been here many times but this time was slightly disappointing. My husband and I went for our anniversary and the restaurant was super crowded, the tables were on top of each other and we were squished into a corner where there was hardly any room to get into my seat. The calamari was amazing as it usually is but my husbands steak was a bit fatty and my penne with shrimp was just "okay". I am by no means a snobby person, we are down to earth fun people. But the noise in the restaurant on Saturday night was ridiculous. With 2 different football games on in the dining room and the bar, people were screaming the entire time and made our night less than romantic to say the least. I found it to be more of a sports bar than a restaurant.
- Easy brunch with my parentsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/25/2012Easy brunch with my parents who were staying at a nearby hotel. Food was good and the portions were large. It has a sports bar atmosphere, but lacks any unique character. The menu has standard fare with no real stand-out items or style. Good food and good service, but nothing unique or particularly memorable compared to some of the more quaint spots that you'll find throughout the city.
- There was no air conditioningRanger14Dined on 10/4/2012There was no air conditioning on, it was hot and humid outside and inside. Very uncomfortable.
- A had a business lunch. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2012A had a business lunch. They are very accommodating and were able to get me a quiet table in the back. The food was OK...lots of choices. My associates liked the place a lot.
- Good food, a bit more of aOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2012Good food, a bit more of a sports bar that also serves food than I would have thought from the reviews.Special Features:
- The food was excellent howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2012The food was excellent however my desert tea had an odd taste to it, almost as if it somehow had my salad dressing in it. The service was decent.Special Features:
- We went on a Sunday and itOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/8/2012We went on a Sunday and it was Wonderfully Quiet. The food is Great. The service very friendly and the prices good. An Eastside neighborhood GEM.Special Features: