140 East New Hamphsire Avenue
Southern Pines, NC 28387Neighborhood:
Southern Pines / Pinehurst
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ashtens.com/
- Phone: (910) 246-3510
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Ashley Van Camp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar
A word from Ashten's
Come see us at Ashten's Restaurant where the food is exceptional, the service will spoil you and the atmosphere is perfect for any occasion. From evening casual to that little black dress event, from a special celebration to a "get together" with friends..we think you'll find Ashten's "comfortably elegant". We want to give you global tastes with a "Southern Spin", we think that's what makes us unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ashten's reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (11)late-night find (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful date night!HappyEaterDined on 11/15/2014I took my wife here over the weekend. It was our first time visiting Ashten's and we were both overly impressed. The overall atmosphere, service, and most importantly, food, were all superb. The wait staff was also very knowledge of the menu and we both went with the recommendations of our water. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow servcieOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Food was delicious but we had to wait about an hour for it. Service was so-so. But we would still return for the food!Special Features:
- First time but not lastrustic16Dined on 10/28/2014wonderful table and great service. Food was excellent...salad was the best we have had in some time. Salmon was superbly presented and was delicious. Had to try the Angus beef (not corn fed) burger and it was so good we threw away the rolls and ate the burger like a steak. We noted a neat dining area up from the bar....like a sitting room with a small tv with small tables and sofas. This would be a great area to have a light meal and relax with a drink or two. We wanted to go up there for our after dinner coffee and dessert, but those spots were reserved already.Special Features:
- Army managementGundevil9Dined on 10/26/2014The Pub is off the beaten path and very cozy. The staff was very knowledgeable to a degree and could answer most of the questions about the food preparation. If you have a particular menu you need to follow in order to maintain a healthy diet, Ashten's has a wonderfully fresh list of entrees. everything was delicious, the staff was very polite. The perfect spot for a special night out, the birthday card on the table from Ashten's added a touch of class to the evening! Thank-you for the brilliant memory!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding restaurantKasperDined on 10/24/2014If you are looking for a place to enjoy outstanding food, good wine and a very awesome atmosphere in Moore County, Ashten's is the place to go. The service is as good as the food.Special Features:
- Local Food, Great QualityBabsieEatsDined on 9/30/2014Their menu is so inventive and unique, and they specialize in high quality, locally sourced food. I love that they support local farmers. Their burgers are all so delicious! They have a pub area which can be a great casual spot for dinner, but they also have a more formal dining room, though the attire is casual throughout (I believe). This place can lend to both special occasions, as well as just grabbing some dinner with your beau after work. I love that their menu, like their dining rooms, caters to someone looking to have a very special, fine dining experience on one side, while the other side caters to the pub crowd looking for more casual and reasonably priced dinner items. You can really find a bit of everything from Ashten's!Special Features:
- Great Find!!BobPVIPDined on 9/19/2014Down in Pinehurst Area for a long weekend, looked on internet for a nice restaurant to host friends. Picked Ashten's and was not disappointed. The food was great and everyone really enjoyed their selections. Service was good and whole evening was enjoyable,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic spotDocJFHDined on 9/13/2014For a romantic evening, request the upstairs front room.Special Features:
- Amazing, like always!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Great food and good placement for a party of 6. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent for special occasionsHardmotchaiDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at Ashten's and they didn't disappoint. If you have a reservation and came in on time, you will be seated right away very quickly. Service was very prompt and fast, very efficient and courteous support staff. Food was delicious, kinda pricey but it's all worth it. Overall experience was excellent and would high recommend Ashten's. Definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- First of many visits!HiggycyDined on 9/7/2014This was my first visit to Ashten's and I will be back several more times to come. I will be taking my friends and family! Such a great atmosphere and detail to service from the moment I walked in was wonderful. I had the Salmon and it was excellent. A must for anyone that appreciates fresh ingredients! Karen StroudSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food and service was wonderful. The only thing I had hoped for was a better choice of wine by the glass.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014This was our first night out since having our son. It was perfect! Great food, friendly staff and beautiful restaurant!! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishDined on 8/23/2014We chose Ashten's for our anniversary dinner and were not disappointed. The offerings were unique and local and every bite delicious! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Delicious and reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I have dined at Ashten's several times, and we've always had a good meal and good service, and it's great knowing that the food is locally-sourced. In addition, the staff at Ashten's have been excellent in accommodating a dietary intolerance--I've never had a reaction from dining at Ashten's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second TryMartyDDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Ashtens. The first was not so hot but mainly service related. This trip cured all those woes. Food, service, ambience all very good. We had a party of five and were in our own private room. Very glad we went back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneBarbDined on 8/12/2014Incredible food and service! Farm to table was never so fresh. From our server's excellent knowledge and attention to detail, to our fantastic signature salad - Ashten's own - a must try, to our entrees - the experience was beyond pleasurable.Special Features:
- Love the downstairsLocaleseDined on 8/10/2014We eat here several times a year and always ask to be seated downstairs because it's more casual, though they do serve the full dinner & bar menus in all the dining areas. Food-wise, Ashten's is always creative but not crazy, and locally sourced. Some fave dishes: edamame hummus (tho on our last visit it had too much lemon), portabella fries (amazing), duck and salmon are always nice, and burgers never fail. Salads have lots of creative toppings but I'm usually disappointed because the toppings are so sparse that I hardly know they're there; wish they'd be more generous with them.Servers are always well-informed and very professional. To us, Ashten's is one of the best restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Still our Favoritebr5429VIPDined on 8/5/2014Over the last 12 years and probably over 100 visits to Ashten's, it's still the best. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area, so the competition is VERY stiff. Ashten's still comes out on top!!!Special Features:
- Ashten's a "10"TheGourmetMooseDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I decided to try Ashten's on an early Saturday night as a reward for many "honey-do's" completed around the house that day. We sat in the pub area for our first visit and were very impressed with both the pub menu as well as the dining room menu. The bartender prepared a "perfect" Woodford Reserve Manhattan for me and a refreshing Mojito for my wife. I started with the soup of the day...Roasted Garlic / Onion soup which was delicious and my wife loved her artichoke pops as her opener. My wife ordered a small salad for her main course all prepared with locally grown vegetables presented in a very appealing style while I chose the Grilled Portobello Mushroom sandwich. The service was exceptional and we look forward to more visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 346 reviews are from the Ashten's reviews archive.
- Ashtens great as usual!kathrynDined on 7/22/2014Lovely meal with my parents visiting. They were sure to seat us at a quiet table as requested. Food was lovely! And a great summer drink: Thyme in the. Pines:)Special Features:
- DeliciousSOPnativeDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals, the ambiance, and the service. The food was masterfully prepared and every bite was devoured. We would recommend this place to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ashten's was quite enjoyablePyKnowsBestDined on 7/20/2014We were thrilled to be recommended to a nice local place by a hotel staff member. Apparently, there are two sides to this restaurant: a quiet side with low lighting and fine dining type service, and a bar side with TV's and more relaxed atmosphere. The menu can be enjoyed on either side I believe. At least since we were on the quiet side we were afforded the option of ordering from the bar side menu too. The service was great. The food was delicious. If we return to the area we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Ashten'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014Visiting from Phoenix AZ, had dinner at Ashten's with friends on a Thursday night. Nice table in front at the window. Food was excellent, service was very good. Only down side was the noise of the folks next to us. They was seated as two couples, so there was a large gap between them. Don't think that they came in as a party, but they definitely knew each other. Conversation got a little too loud. Would have been better if they were seated as a party of 4.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014First time, great food,service. Will definately come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grouper for the Group!AnightoutDined on 7/11/2014Very friendly restaurant. I had made a 7:15pm reservation and they called me to ask about seating (I had requested a "window" table). While talking I found out that a 7pm table was also available, which worked better for us. All four of us decided to the Black Grouper special and it was very good. The potato salad that it was served with was a very small portion, but it was tasty. Our server was attentive, but not intrusive. We got a table in the Pub area which I liked better than the main dining room. The main room is too crowded for me. I requested some bread with dinner and they brought us some fresh "biscuits" that were about the size of a quarter!! We will probably eat here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCarolinaBlueMomDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I dined at Ashten's on a recent weekend visit to Pinehurst/Southern Pines. What a find! We highly recommend the Artichoke Heart Pops and Pimento Cheese Sliders as appetizers. For dinner, get the Roasted Local Tomato and Spinach Lasagna or the NC Littleneck Clam and Angel Hair Pasta. Both are divine. Unfortunately, they were out of the dessert we wanted to share. I suppose that just means we will have to return again for the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dumplin's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ashten's is greatBarbaraDined on 6/21/2014We have been going to Ashten's for many years and Saturday night was probably the best ever. That spinach lasagna was fantastic and the Salmon with the accents / additions was fantastic. The favorite was the appetizer Artichoke Poppers - outstanding - I could have made a meal of that with the Kale Salad - excellent all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally sourced and deliciousfoodtravelerVIPDined on 6/14/2014This was a wonderful find. The service was friendly and the food was excellent. The ingredients were especially good and the local farmers were acknowledged. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- FriendsandfoodDined on 6/12/2014Love the lounge area with the couches for dining. Very relaxed and seems to encourage good conversation to match the wonderful food and service. I always look forward to returning to Ashten's.Special Features:
- Disappointed.JimHDined on 6/11/2014Group of six ate here while attending the US Open. Experience was not good at all. Ambiance was good; attractive restaurant in a charming town, Southern Pines, close to Pinehurst. Beautiful area of the country. Seated quickly, very nice, friendly staff working hard. But, another large group was being served by the same staff and they were just overwhelmed. Orders were very slow in coming, repeated mistakes, food repeatedly not cooked to order. Cannot give a good recommendation.
- Thursday night dinnerfirstmateDined on 5/22/2014My father-in-law recently passed so my husband and I wanted to take his mom to someplace special for dinner. This fit the bill. Everything from the food to the service to the ambiance was just perfect. The place filled up but you can still talk without any problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointed!WayneDined on 5/21/2014Food is great, fusion style, & staff is friendly. Portobello fries and bison burger are a must try...but there entrees are always great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinerMJudgeDined on 5/21/2014Our first time at Ashten's even having lived in the area for over 15 years. The service was excellent with a bright smiling and attentive young lady. The dinner choices were not overwhelming yet covered all the bases. We completely enjoyed our evening , the food was terrific and we plan to return.Special Features:
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/17/2014We had the private room at the bottom of the steps which was perfect for our golf group's "Champions Dinner". Food was incredible as was the service! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great farm to table experiencekittenkimDined on 5/16/2014My party was in town on business and stumbled upon this restaurant. If you can, sit in the bar area, the ambiance is wonderful. The food was excellent and I had a cocktail to die for. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, professional and efficient. I would return again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Standby favoriteheroVIPDined on 5/3/2014Ashten's dependably delivers great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Still the Best in Townbr5429VIPDined on 5/1/2014Ashtens has been around a long time; and it's still consistently the very best in the area. The owners are almost always there and it seems like most of the staff has been there for 5 years or more. The food is awesome - from the gourmet burgers to full entrees. The servers are very knowledgeable, so ask them what they suggest. They almost never steer you the wrong way. Saying Ashtens is the best is saying a lot - we are lucky to have great restaurants in the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area . . . . and there's a lot of competition. Still, night in and night out, it's the best in town.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Heard about Ashten's from a friend - sit in the bar area for local atmosphere! Had the special Amberjack - and brought our own wine - wonderful occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014We go to this restaurant when we down in Southern Pines visiting relatives. This time we waited over 20 minutes before the waitress appeared. She apologized for not realizing we were her table. And then after the pleasant apology she was never attentive. It was like we really did not exist. And on top of that, this was the first time that the food was subpar. My salad that I ordered was soggy. It was like the lettuce was washed and not dried properly plus my main course was subpar. The same was true for the rest of our table. I was very disappointed since I never had a bad meal before and I was the one pushing to go to this restaurant that night. I will have to seriously consider not going again on my next visit