Ashland & Highland Bar and Grill
5637 Woerner Temple
Dublin, OH 43016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ashland & Highland Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ashlandandhighland.com/
- Phone: 6147919600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Sims
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Ashland & Highland Bar and Grill
Ashland and Highland is a New York Style bar and Grill. Step into Ashland & Highland, a friendly neighborhood tavern featuring an upscale pub menu and unique food with a touch of New York flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ashland & Highland Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
Ashland & Highland Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- BrieDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant is closed. I don't know how I was able to make a reservation through open table for a restaurant the does not exist anymore. Very frustrating to show up to a closed restaraunt!
- Out of Business!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Showed up for reservation to learn they are no longer in business. Looks like a Mexican restaurant is taking their place.
- Very poor serviceunsatisfiedDined on 8/6/2014There was 7 people in our party. We arrived on time at noon. It took the server over 5 minutes before she approached the table. When she did arrive we informed the server that we all had a 1:00 meeting and needed to leave by 12:50p. She took our orders at that time. At 12:30 the server brought my order but is was not to correct salad and did not include the shrimp. I finally got the server's attention and the salad was taken. It was returned with some shrimp on it. The shrimp was very raw inside and still the wrong salad. Another person ordered Chili and she got tomato soup with her order. The remaining team did not get their food until after 1:00p. Very poor experience.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Off the path so to speak but worth trying. The food was great! So many things on the menu I need to try. NY Strip steak was awesome! Also had flat breads, burgers and melts on the menu I need to try. We will go back! No doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitgbombohioDined on 6/13/2014Our first visit was last Friday. Nice sports bar type place, with better than sports bar food. Service was good. Definitely the kind of place that you would want to be a "regular" for drinks, dinner, snacks, or go with friends to watch a game. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Charming BarluvfoodDined on 6/12/2014Ashland & Highland Bar has a comfortable charming atmosphere. The dark bar and furniture lure you to chat with friends over a drink and tasty dishes.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Ashland & Highland Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- A taste of (Western) New YorkWNY1989Dined on 5/16/2014My wife is from outside of Buffalo and I used to work there, so when we heard about the owner's connection to Buffalo, we decided to take in our first visit. We were impressed right away with the menu. My wife misses Beef on Weck here in Ohio, but it was on the menu, as was an appetizer for "Anchor Wings." I got the NY strip, which was cooked to perfection. The food and service were great. It was fairly loud, but it was a Friday night, after work crowd, so that shouldn't have been a surprise. It was a great night out, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunchbakir0215Dined on 5/11/2014The food at Ashland & Highland was great. The service was good. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Past the word outaws1967Dined on 5/10/2014Advertise the restaurant more. Also hire more workers.Special Features:
- Service and food was greatAngKay919Dined on 5/4/2014We were seated early for our reservation as we arrived 30 minutes early. Our waiter Scott was great. He was knowledgable about the entire menu and gave us good ideas on what to order. The food was very good and would go back if in town again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014Was a pretty place. Food was cold & over priced.
- BoufVIPDined on 4/14/2014We didn't stay for dinner. When we walked in there were very few tables occupied but no wait staff or hostess in sight. I asked the bartender if we could seat ourselves. He told me he was the only wait staff on hand, the other two wait staff had called in saying they would not show up for work, he had a party of 16 in the party room, and we might have to wait 30 minutes or more. We left. And likely won't go back as there are too many other options in the area. We went to Matt the Miller and had a great dinner.
- A total findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014The food is really good. They menu has a variety if options, soup, sandwiches and delicious entrees. I would go back and would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More cons than prosARL2014Dined on 4/4/2014I was very excited to try this place, as it's very close to where we live. When we first walked in we noticed how loud it was. It was very hard to have conversation with people at your table; and the place was wasn't even full We tried to order drinks but they were out of many things we asked for! Wine, liquor, sangria....it was disappointing. Now for the cons - the food was great and made the trip worth while. Our table had the blue cheese chips, prime rib sandwiches, burger, and chicken sandwiches.The food came out in good timing, was warm, and we left with full bellies! And our waiter was great.we will most likely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Ashland and HighlandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2014There were not many people at the restaurant. We hope it survives and thrives.Special Features:
- Food was good but a bit too noisyCarolyn4885Dined on 3/29/2014The food was good. The server was prompt and attentive and friendly. I think his name was Rob. But it got really too noisy to have a decent conversation. That was the only drawbackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chips with blue cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014The chips with blue cheese would be better if they were served warm (or hot), and they needed more blue cheese.
- good foodhappycamperDined on 2/14/2014the whole experience was excellent. I took my girlfriend there for valentines day .the food was very good as well as the service..only heads up ....I would not order the salmon again... too many pinbones....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, limited lunchmanagersDined on 1/24/2014Food was good, limited lunch menu. room/area was very cold. We left early because it felt too cold to hang around.Special Features:
- Worth Finding!1fullplateDined on 1/19/2014I've gone here my past 2 visits to Columbus for business. It's a short drive from the nearby hotels. I would go here more if I were a local as the craft beer selection is excellent and the food is very good. The staff is helpful and the place features about 12 big screens so needless to say a great place to watch a game. It's not crazy loud - very enjoyable. Worth checking out for sure! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in DublinOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2014Food was tasty. Service was very poor. Took more than 10 minutes to take our order and then another half hour to get our simple order of sandwiches delivered to the table. No explanation was provided as to the service delays and we saw all the tables seated before us waiting at least as long as we did for food.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014We sat in the 'private room' for a double birthday dinner. Our first thought was that the room was very loud....the noise from the main restaurant carried into the private room, where we couldn't hear each other. That wasn't the bad experience though....the service was lousy (not the fault of the service help, but the lack of workers?). It took forever to get a drink refilled, the finished appetizer plates sat stacked up on the table for the long time that it took to get our dinner....two and a half hours was way too long. Very disappointed because I had been here once before on a Saturday afternoon, when the food was actually better, and the service was much better. I hope I come back and it's better....but this left a lasting impression.
- Perfect place for a companySneal105Dined on 1/10/2014Perfect place for a company happy hour. I reserved a few tables for an employee going away happy hour last Friday, and the feedback from everyone was great! We sampled several appetizers, and they were all fabulous! The entree's were excellent and were very affordable. Service was excellent. The guy that took care of us was amazing. We didn't have to find a server to place another drink order. I will defiantly recommend Ashland & Highland to everyone and will visit often. Would love to see outdoor seating in the future. Thank you for taking care of 15 A2Z Field Services Employees!Special Features:
- Menu is somewhat limited,JoeNDined on 12/31/2013Menu is somewhat limited, but we knew that before going. Both of our meals were good and portion sizes were generous. Happy hour has several $5 cocktails and a couple of food items. Beer selection is OK, prices are reasonable with $1 off during happy hour. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and warm feel. Overall, would recommend giving Ashland & Highland a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Our first visit to Ashland & Highland was on 12/21/14.. The facility was very clean and the management welcomed us immediately. We had a reservation for 10 people and were escorted to our table. The service and food was excellent and the atmosphere (being a Saturday lunch time) was quiet. It's great to have this eatery near us so that our food options are not limited to pizza/hamburgers. We were able to sample many food items. Appetizers, I recommend flat breads and pork wings. The prime rib melt and grilled cheese were great and rib eye steak was excellent. The rib eye was on the evening menu, but the management prepared it for my grandson upon request. Great service!! Please visit Ashland & Highland. We want to keep them in our area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friendsPickyDined on 11/22/2013Went with several couples waitstaff was friendly atmosphere was nice a little loud but not so much that we couldn't all talk. Everyone liked what they ordered Will definely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale decor sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013We were aiming to try something different as a rare kid-free meal out, and Ashland & Highland popped up on OpenTable. It wasn't a good fit for that aim. Lots of TVs showing sports, and the decor was nice-but-not-at-all-intimate (almost too well lit and almost too spacious). It would be a great place to meet a group of friends for drinks or dinner, but not a romantic evening-type place. The waiter was super-personable, but that only partially made up for the service gaffes. We told him up front that we were in NO hurry (and why) and, yet, our entrees arrived before we were 2/3 done with our appetizer (and we weren't picking at it slowly)! The food was good -- the calamari comes with peppers and shrimp, which was surprising, but it worked.Special Features:
- Great new finddrandersVIPDined on 10/26/2013Found this place at last minute on Open Table. Looked good on paper but was even better in person. Has only been open a couple months and I'm sure will get crowded once the word gets out. Great food and very friendly and attentive staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- disappointedosumom14VIPDined on 10/26/2013We were hoping it would be good. Nice looking place. Decent menu and drink items. We were 1 of 3 tables sat on a saturday night at 6:30pm. Hamburger was frozen patty with no flavor. Kids man n cheese was clumpy and cold. Sad this pkace stunk.Special Features: