Ash American Fare
3520 Erie Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45208Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ash American Fare
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ashamericanfare.com/
- Phone: 5138718714x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00, Bar open late!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lisa Nutt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: yes
- Special Events: We can accommodate up to 100 guests for private dining, holiday parties and corporate events.
A word from Ash American Fare
Ash American Fare offers unique gourmet burgers and chops and a bar filled with craft draft beer, wines from around the world and all kinds of spirits and cocktails.Continued
The vibe is cool. The menu is approachable and takes American food to an elevated level.
The vibe is cool. The menu is approachable and takes American food to an elevated level.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ash American Fare reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)good for groups (6)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Some good, some not so goodIluvfoodDined on 8/30/2014Started the evening off at the bar. Ordered the jalapeño infused strawberry margerrhita....best cocktail I've had all year. Really good. Appetizers were good, everyone in the group enjoyed them. Fried green tomatoes were the best, then mussels, then mushrooms, then salads but all apps pretty good. Then about 7 different burgers were ordered. Not one person really liked theirs. Kind of goofy when the burger seems to represent a good portion of the entree selection. All in all, average with some shiny spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxxVIPDined on 8/23/2014Overall, this place was great! The service was very attentive and the food was generally very good. The only complaint I have is that my salmon was a little undercooked. I ordered it medium, and it was a little on the rare side...medium rare at best. That aside, we will definitely give Ash another try.Special Features:
- CCssssDined on 8/16/2014ASH is a wonderful restaurant with culinary delights for all. We have followed Alex most of his career and he is a restaurateur extraordinaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good drinksLaurenGHDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went for dinner and drinks with friends. The food was great and the drinks were tasty. The outdoor patio was very quaint, but watch for the leaning tables. It's not the fault of the restaurant, so much as the city, for not keeping the sidewalks in good condition, but sitting on the downhill side definite made for a wet night. A few of our drinks tipped over and my friend and I kept wearing them as they rolled our way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining but OverpricedTwoAt50Dined on 7/27/2014We dined here with a group of 5 @6pm. They had more than enough room for us. The server was not very enthusiastic about the restaurant or the menu items so we were left to ourselves to figure out what we wanted. There were three stand-out dishes on the menu: the mussels in cream sauce, very well seasoned; the paella, excellent flavor and loaded with fresh seafood; the bbq burger and fries, crispy, tasty fries and an excellent, huge, burger. Don't order the chicken unless you like very tart, salty fare. The balance was definitely off on this dish. Also, the peach tart was awesome but the other desserts were just okay.Special Features:
- Fantasticeatingout1Dined on 7/13/2014Food exceeded expectations. Appetizer of warm mushroom with spiced pistachio and shaved brussel sprouts was awesome. Presentation of meal unique; Black bean burger excellent: Juicy home made and just perfectly toasted bun. My date had a fantastic unique burger as well. All presented beautifully. Service excellent. Well appointed restaurant with upscale, modern feel.Special Features:
- Food ReviewTomCDined on 7/11/2014Loved the Caesar salad and pork sliders. Wide really enjoyed her beet ravioli. Our friends loved their burger. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't prepare a burger to orderjohnnyboyVIPDined on 6/28/2014We ate there last Saturday night - as a place that says burgers are their forte, my request for a medium rare burger came out well. Don't know if this a ground beef scare issue. My wife's fish came was overcooked as well.
- An Excellent SpotKateVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great service, great menu and great ambiance! Wonderful for a celebratory meal, or a burger on a Monday night - albeit gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningCheersDined on 6/10/2014I loved the relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. The noise level was low because only a few tables were taken, it was a Tuesday night. The service was attentive, very friendly and natural, not over the top, which I found refreshing! For appetizers we ordered the mushroom salad and the beet salad with arugula and shaved parmesan cheese. Both were fantastic and nicely presented. We shared a short rib burger that came with a fried egg and crispy, tasty fries. The short rib burger was juicy and interesting in a good way. For dessert we shared a wonderful espresso creme brûlée topped with mixed berries. The wine list was extensive and the water came filtered. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantPeteDined on 6/6/2014Always great food, in a comfortable casual, but welcoming atmosphere, and Alex, the owner always has a great wine selection. He is also nearly always on hand to offer suggestions of excellent wines at the price you want. His selections have been outstanding in my experience, and I really appreciate his passion for wine. He doesn't try and push an expensive bottle on you, but instead tries, and in my experience, succeeds in finding wines that match your meal and your wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 326 reviews are from the Ash American Fare reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/30/2014Food was very good. Service was lacking because our server was covering the whole inside restaurant. The noise level was deafening. However, I spoke with the owner and he pointed out that they are soundproofing the restaurant on days they are closed. It will greatly improve the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th Time Not a CharmBearcatDined on 5/24/2014This was our fourth visit to ASH -- brought some friends this time to try the burgers. Food was great. Service was dismal. Took 15 minutes for a server to come -- after we grabbed the owner finally. Thought she'd make up for it, but her service was slow the rest of the night. Had to ask her to finally take our food order. And the place was only half full. Took 1 full hour before we got our food. Sorry, we won't be back. Neither will our friends.Special Features:
- flavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014We had a wonderful night . the food was delish! Definitely will be back. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood findMacdaddyDined on 5/17/2014Stumbled on this when visiting Cincy. Ate there twice in 5 days. It is worth a visit and I have a hunch it is going to get better with age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceed my expectations!PenelopeVIPDined on 5/13/2014Amazing and beautiful patio. Service was outstanding. Cocktails were delicious! Food was to die for, the mac daddy was the best burger I have had in the city! The manager was incredibly inviting and she was genuine and the owner was delightful... Definitely one of the best hidden gems in Cincinnati! Will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mbf1VIPDined on 5/10/2014Our food choices - the chicken and the fish - were just OK.
- Terrible ServiceCinciEatsDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I came for dinner before attending a play. We informed the staff that we only had 75 minutes before we needed to leave. After placing our order, we watched several other people be seated, place an order and receive their food while we waited. It to an hour before or food was brought out. Our waiter started avoiding our table and did not once apologize or indicate everything was wrong. The manager stopped to talk to every table but ours. We had to rush to eat our food and still ended up being late to our show. One of the worst dining experiences of my life. We will not be returning.
- Great food and setting in HPMikeDined on 4/30/2014First time dining here. Great area on sidewalk for quiet dining experience. Food was as good as reviews suggested. The owner was always present but seemed to only be interested in only certain diners. We made eye contact many times but he never asked how our dining experience was when he had the opportunity. I mention this only because reviews I have read suggested that the owner took such interest in all of his patrons.Special Features:
- great service OK foodMK22Dined on 4/26/2014I had such high hopes for Ash but was pretty disappointed. Our server was great but the food was not. We started with the mussels which were good and then had the steak & fries and the crab cake burger. Both of the entres were disappointing...the burger was over cooked and the steak was just OK.Special Features:
- Realxed DiningrocketdogDined on 4/19/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated immediately. We shared the mushroom, brussel sprout and toasted pistachio appetizer that was amazing and both had martinis which were generously sized, well made and reasonably priced. I had hoped to have the lamb shanks that I read about on line but unfortunately that wasn't on the menu. Instead I had the the NY Strip which was a little on the tough side but had a great flavor and was cooked the way I ordered it. My wife had the free range chicken which she said was very good. The food was good, our server was very good, the patio dining was fantastic and the prices were very reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow!PaulVIPDined on 4/11/2014Food was very god, when it finally came. Long delay between salads & entrees. No update from server as to status. Other tables were just as slow; first nice evening so people were inside and outside - kitchen may have been overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Delicious gourmet burgersBurger4meDined on 4/10/2014A perfectly sized menu. Just enough choices to satisfy your food craving. The burgers were perfectly done for all 5 people at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2014Excellent food, very loud atmosphere! A tad pricey!Special Features:
- Local GemfoodluvrDined on 4/8/2014As a first-timer at ASH, it definitely exceeded my expectations. This is the perfect spot for a week night dinner with girlfriends or a romantic dinner date. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. They have a decent wine selection but not over-the-top or overwhelming which i prefer. I definitely plan to visit again.Special Features:
- Too noisy!FoodieDined on 4/5/2014The noise volume rendered our experience as a painful one. Uncomfortable levels of noise...ears hurt! We welcome noise and a buzz in restaurants, but literally, everyone around us was equally as annoyed. Would not go back, although the food was good. Ridiculous experience.
- interesting but not greatMarieDined on 4/4/2014W e read a good review on ASH, decided to check it out. The menu was interesting and varied, our server was helpful, polite, professional but the the food was just mediocre. It wasnt bad, it was just average.
- Friendly serviceSailorDaveDined on 4/2/2014Our waitress was efficient and friendly with good suggestions. Hamburgers were delicious and so large we took half home.Special Features:
- Over pricedSkgibsDined on 3/29/2014We were very disappointed with this restaurant. I had bought a deck of coupons in support of arts wave a couple weeks before. Cumin was one of the restaurants, since ASH is the same owner I thought for sure they would accept the coupon. They didn't, weren't exactly nice about it, and on top of it - the bill was super expensive for what we got. ASH should not be more expensive then a night out at Metropole or Sotto where the food is of much better quality.
- Love the menu!SJCADined on 3/28/2014Loved that there were only about 3 or 4 price points on the menu, but the selection was quite nice... Our food was great, and will definitely be going back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealclscincyDined on 3/28/2014Loved the beet lasagna and warm mushroom salad! Nice to have outdoor seating already available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not in a hurry to returnBrutusVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food & service OK. Interesting burger amenities. However, the noise level with all tables full was oppressive - we could barely hold a conversation with just the two of us..Special Features:
- ASHLocalDinerDined on 3/22/2014The place was vibrant, but almost too noisy for conversation. The halibut special was excellent, and the lamb shank very good but too ample a portion. Service was friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damned by Faint PraiseredheadsDined on 3/22/2014Tried dinner, one of us got the special for the night at $28; food alright but nothing special, too crowded for the space and unable to have a conversation without yelling.Special Features:
- Needs a major overhaulFoodForMeDined on 3/21/2014I don't quite know how to describe it, but it's like they just slapped a new name and a new (cheaper) menu on Cumin and called it Ash. The decor and ambiance is poor and needs an overhaul. It was dated. tried to stick us at a table right in the middle of the main walkway with no other tables around us, but when people arriving kept flanking our table to pass we asked for a new seat. The food was OKAY but completely overpriced. After talking to a few friends we all agreed - not somewhere we'd go back.
- I had read some reviews thatHoolVIPDined on 3/21/2014I had read some reviews that made me cautious about coming here. I was so pleasantly surprised. The service was great: no delays, knew their menus, attentive and friendly. I liked the single pricing for apps, salads, entrees. The wine list was great. The food was good--I had mussels and trout. Both good. Overall a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SmedleyVIPDined on 3/21/2014What a nice evening! The food was fabulous and the atmosphere was a great combination of casual and elegant all at the same time. The burgers were decadent, but I was able to balance it out nicely with a light classic salad appetizer. However, one of my dinner companions decided to 'double-down' and had the short-ribs/gravy/frites appetizer along with his burger, and felt he had gone to a foodie's 'Glutton Heaven'. A little something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time/great nightVickiDined on 3/21/2014We met another couple for dinner at Ash American Fare. It was the first time for all of us. It had a fun energetic atmosphere and although I was a little concerned about being seated in the bar, it ended up being really fun. Our server, Zak was spectacular and dealt so well with all of our outgoing group. The food was all very good and unique. I had the mushroom lasagna and it was delicious! All 4 of us enjoyed our meals. I would definitely return. It was a Friday night and pretty filled up but the service was outstanding and the food was served hot and in a timely fashion. A great new option for dining in Hyde Park!Special Features:
- Awesome local menuSueMVIPDined on 3/21/2014This place is one of my new favorites. The menu has local and unique items. The appetizers and entrees were amazing. The service was the best. Casual environment with great local food. The Cincinnati inspired menu items were fantastic. The only down side was the desserts. I would have given this place a 5 star if the desserts had been better. But I can overlook the desserts because everything else was so great. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was pretty GoodStephRDined on 3/16/2014I thought the food overall was pretty good, but not outstanding which the prices would lead you to believe. Paella was so hot it was still boiling when delivered to table so could not eat for very long time. Mussel appetizer was OK, nothing to write home about. Burgers were very good, but fries were OK and homemade ketchup tasted more like tomato sauce. Overall, it was OK and prices are too high for OK food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.