2810 6th Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98406Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asadotacoma.com/
- Phone: 2532727770
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dining Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 2:30pm Dinner: All Week: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Lounge Monday-Friday: 2:30pm-late Saturday-Sunday: 4pm-late Happy Hour Monday-Friday 2:30pm-6:30pm Every Day 9:30pm-late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full service private dining is offered for Asado at our sister restaurant right across the street, Masa. Clients may choose from Asado menus or Masa's regional Mexican menus. Please see our web-site for complete Private Dining menus. Our private dining room features full AV needs for presentations, and is hip and fun with a view of the district. The room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit-down or 100 people for a reception. The space is adjacent to our second floor open air cabana deck and bar which can function as a break out area, or for additional space.
- Private Party Contact: Barbro Fehlauer 2532540561
A word from Asado
Asado offers the fabulous flavors of Argentina using the freshest ingredients from the Northwest and beyond. We proudly serve all natural pork, chicken and beef grilled masterfully over imported mesquite wood. Asado offers several fresh seafood options, like our Mero del Costa (seared sea bass), as well as fresh daily chef features including tasty and interesting options for those who don't want meat. Asado boasts arguably the most complete selection of Argentine wines in the Northwest. Located in the heart of the Tacoma’s 6th Avenue Business district, the South Sound's premier entertainment neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Asado - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Asado reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (60)hot spot (31)romantic (30)good for groups (27)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Not as good as before...Cjd123Dined on 9/7/2014This was a place I raved about, until this last experience. I'm thinking it may have been because of the disappointing service and it made everything seem less wonderful than other times. The server was friendly enough, but seemed inexperienced, especially when I asked him about a wine he basically made something up and quickly followed with, 'I have no idea, I don't drink wine.' Also, we felt a bit rushed, especially when the hostess came and asked if we wanted our food boxed up, not even 5 minutes after it was served. I usually love the food here, but it didn't seem as good as before, but not sure if the weird, subpar service kinda ruined everything. Could have just been an off night, or the B-team working, or..? Not going back soon...
- Always Great!JenErichDined on 9/6/2014We have been to Asado many times. It is our go-to great meal restaurant. Everything we have tried has been well-prepared and served. The star last time was the lamb shanks!Special Features:
- Wonderful placeEnumclawDined on 9/5/2014Food was good, but the DESERTS were out of this world.Special Features:
- Romantic and RareIBDatingDined on 9/2/2014I took a woman out on a Tuesday night. We both worked late, and this was the best looking restaurant I could find online. We arrived a bit early, and despite having a full house, our table was ready. It was a bit loud, but not unbearable. The service was great, although, I either forgot, or didn't catch the servers name. The food came out timely, and tasting wonderful. We ended the night with a drink (very well prepared.) Couldn't have asked for a better night. Make sure to reserve your table, it looks like it gets quite busy.Special Features:
- A Gem In TacomaluvdafoodDined on 8/31/2014From the ambiance to the amazing food and the great service Asado is the perfect place to wine and dine guests as well as take that special someone out for dinner. The portions are just right, the staff are friendly and able to answer food allergy questions accurately. We loved the ceviche and plantain chips appetizer, the chimichurri butter was delicious on the fresh bread. Our steaks were grilled just as we requested and the polenta was so good we had to ask for more. We filled up on the main course so we are making sure to return to have dessert soon. Wine selection is good and the specialty drinks are creative. We will be regulars from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodTamisfavDined on 8/30/2014The valet parking was the first nice touch. We made a reservation earlier that day, I was surprised and disappointed that we were seated by the front door. The waitress was very nice and did a great job as a server. Nice décor, the Empanadas on the appetizer menu are fantastic, crispy on the outside, warm and flavorful on the inside. I had the PARRILLA MIXTA, Mixed Grill of Skewered Skirt Steak, Jumbo Prawns, Chorizo Sausage with the Peruvian Purple Mashed Potatoes, Omg it was awesome. My friend had the VEGETARIAN TOMATE RELLENO Tomato and Roasted Chile Stuffed with Beecher’s Cheddar, Soyrizo, Quinoa, Dried Fruit. I had a taste of the tomato, and it was out of this world. Fantastic food, I highly recommend Asado Cucina Argentina Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food was superb, again! Presentation was beautiful, although hard to see because the lighting is almost too subdued. Kind of feel like we need to bring headlamps to read menus. But worth it because, again, the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- hot hot hotOutandAboutDined on 8/25/2014Word of mouth had us looking for Asados. Reservations were easy to make and when we arrived even though the place was very crowded, we were seated immediately. Folks were eating before a concert that night and the place was roaring with high spirits. After about 15 minutes, everything quieted noticeably as people finished their meals. Our servers never shorted us on time. Waters filled, orders taken, friendly chit chat, and a nice table. The garage type doors opened out to the street (sixth ave) and it was nicer than you'd think. The house red wine our server chose was terrific. We both ordered beef - spectacular except for being topped with a spicy too hot oil. Dessert was only OK. Bananas Foster in phyllo dough.Special Features:
- sloweatoutlotsDined on 8/25/2014Terrible service. Drinks and food took forever to come, and the drink order was wrong. We were there two hours for one course of food.Special Features:
- Asado TacomaFlynLo180Dined on 8/25/2014Our group of four dined here prior to attending the Eagles concert on 8/25/14. Excellent food, Upscale casual atmosphere, a broad selection of wines and perfectly paced service. Our waiter seeming a bit insincere is my only negative comment--I'm chalking this up to the fact that our party was at least twice his age.....:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad menu changesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Was greatly disappointed. It appears that the sea bass recipe has changed as has the polenta. Neither of the new versions are improvements. In fact, they are steps backwards.
- My favorite placebusybetty111Dined on 8/25/2014Asado's never disapoints! This is where we go for all special occasions. I've been for lunch and dinner and the food is always an explosion of taste. The wait staff is very friendly and foid/wine knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandomAnijoDined on 8/24/2014Service was quick and friendly, food was absolutely delicious. Definitely will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksSteveDined on 8/24/2014The rib steak is amazing. My wife had the gnocci (I think that's how it's spelled) and it was amazing as well. Great service, a little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- A great steak houseZenSpinnerDined on 8/23/2014A great find. My flat iron steak was done to perfection and rested just long enough. Nobody else at the table had anything to say because the were too busy savoring their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantricoDined on 8/17/2014this restaurant is a most, the food and drinks are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John AJohnnyVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was my wife's birthday dinner. We had a good time but nowhere near the usual experience. The whole place seemed overworked and yet it was not full. This is the first time I did not get one of my favorite servers either. I think in the end, I learned that the restaurant is vibrant on Friday and Saturday, when the A team is there versus Sunday when the great host John, the great waitstaff Kate, Cristy, and Ben, and who knows who else are gone or unavailable. Of course I will continue to go here, just reserve it on Friday or Saturday.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationLoveGr8FoodDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have been coming here for years to celebrate our anniversary. Food quality and wine list are always outstanding. We were disappointed that the Serrano wrapped jumbo prawns (entrée) are gone from the menu. They have an appetizer around that theme that was good but just not a substitute. We love the energy of the place and interacting with the knowledgeable wait staff. Another great recommendation from the wine steward did not disappoint. Looking to explore a great Argentine wine, this is the place to do it. Service was a bit spotty both in speed and accuracy but not anything that would keep us away for future special events. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Outstanding!PomegranateDined on 8/9/2014We live in King County and often choose to dine in Seattle, but for many special occasions we choose Asado. Outstanding in everyway, our meals are always beautifully prepared and the service is the best! We travel the world, and Asado remains one of our very favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but poor ambienceDKleinDined on 8/8/2014This is my second time at Asado. Love the food, but do not like the atmosphere, noise level, and sitting. Tables are way too close to each other, so a big no for anyone who wants yo have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousTtownchickDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful food and excellent service. Little loud with the windows open due to traffic but still lovely.Special Features:
- Great time!preachermanDined on 8/5/2014We had an excellent meal at Asado. Food was delicious and arrived promptly. The wait staff were very attuned to our needs. It is a bit noisy, but not in an annoying way. I have already recommended it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!Marebear44Dined on 8/2/2014We love this place! We've been her a few times, and it's always great. Being a vegetarian, it seems like a weird choice. It's a very meat-heavy menu. But they have one of the best veg. dishes I've had anywhere! The Vegetarian Tomato Relleno is amazing. The friends I dined with this time all kept stealing bites off my plate. My husband had sea bass, wish he loved. The lentils are to die for, and they have an amazing drink with habenero vodka and passion fruit~ yum!Special Features:
- 39th AnniversaryDCS39Dined on 8/2/2014We thought it would be nice to try a new location for our 39th anniversary dinner and Asado was recommended by friends. It was a great choice.....the staff attention was excellent and the food amazing. We had a calamari appetizer, salmon and steak dinners and the cake balls for desert, along with wine parings for each course......excellent!!!Special Features:
- Great PlacelovethisplaceDined on 7/30/2014I've been to Asado probably 10-12 times. I love that place, their wine selection is great. Probably my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a so so place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Not a good neighborhood and so so food make this an okay but not great place to eat. Slightly expensive for what you get.
- sbskDined on 7/26/2014We had a fabulous dinner to celebrate a birthday. Food, service, everything was exceptional! Great cocktails and the ambiance was lovely. My only issue was that I was seated in a way to get the setting sun directly in my eyes - but an attentive server soon fixed that problem. Only complaint is that I wanted to ask a question and they don't answer their phone. I ended up going there in person to confirm my request would be OK.Special Features:
- Tacoma's Asado is worth itWhittersonDined on 7/26/2014Although I thought the space was a bit tighter than I would like Asado is still worth a try. The food is very good, the atmosphere is really nice and they had a nice selection of wines/cocktails/beverages.Special Features:
- Owner, ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We really looked forward to a new restaurant experience....Asado was a huge disappointment from the time we opened the door until we left. The noise level was overbearing, food was so-so and over-priced, service was good. Definately would not come back or recommend to anyone. This was a special birthday occasion, what a let-down.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceIamBDined on 7/23/2014We had dinner here with our 13 YO daughter. We thoroughly enjoyed it but we don't recommend it for kids.It's just because the food is so different and not what kids would enjoy. She is a steak lover but did not care for the marinated one she ordered so she switched with my husband's which she liked better but still not as well as other stead she's eaten. I ordered the bass after reading several favorable reviews. I think this dish, as with many at Asado, is an acquired taste. My husband and I still enjoyed it and probably because it was so different. Our waiter selected my wine and my husband's beer.Both were great. We tried the spinach and kale salad. It was a little too oily, but otherwise delicious. The crème Brule was the best ever.Special Features:
- Great placeMcsand22Dined on 7/20/2014Came here to celebrate my birthday with family. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We got the 3 appatizer platter with empanadas, calimari and ceviche all of which were delicious. Everyone loved their steaks and the quinoa salad was one of the better meal salads I have tried at a restaurant. Overall great meal would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The salmon was extremely dry, lentil beans a little under cooked. My wife through up after we got home, she said it was due to the ceasers salad.Special Features:
- Delicious.bsnyderDined on 7/19/2014Had Asado recommended to me and it blew away even my high expectations. One bite of the corn was all it took. Great, great place.Special Features:
- Excellent service, scrumptious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Dining at Asado was wonderful and they superbly accomodated our need to rush off to a concert. Granted we were there at 5:15pm so dont' know if they could pull it off at peak hours but better not to have to rush off in under an hour. Our waitress recommended dishes that could be prepared quickly but the quality wasn't comprised one bit - the ceviche appetizer was delicious and the steak entree was melt in your mouth tender and spicey, and the mashed potatoes were flavorful and light. We will definitely be back when we can stay and really enjoy the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Great experience, well prepared food, could not ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Usual!Asadomynumber1pickDined on 7/17/2014The food was amazing as usual and Kate was our waitress who I ask for every time I come here because of her excellent personality and service.Special Features:
- Great foodGribiDined on 7/12/2014Everything about the experience was delightful. Great food awesome service. We will return.Special Features:
- Not HappyJanineDined on 7/11/2014The service was great! We ordered an appetizer and two salads and all of it was way too salty, not just for our taste but for anyone's taste. We couldn't eat them. We also had steak that was cooked perfectly and very tender but had a lot of pepper on it. We know that Argentinian food is peppery and we were able to eat the steak but only by scraping some of the pepper off of the meat. We will not return to Asado.Special Features:
- loved it, but slow serviceBarbhickmanDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I had a delightful meal and will definitely come again. It is quite a popular spot and was busy even on a Monday night. All told our dinner took almost two hours - not sure if that is normal sine it was our first time. It was worth the wait though! GREAT FOOD! I have had a lot of creme brûlée in my day, and theirs was the very best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014We love the food here. We brought relatives from Las Vegas and they loved it! Said the food was fantastic.Special Features: