2810 6th Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98406Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asadotacoma.com/
- Phone: 2532727770
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dining Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 2:30pm Dinner: All Week: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Lounge Monday-Friday: 2:30pm-late Saturday-Sunday: 4pm-late Happy Hour Monday-Friday 2:30pm-6:30pm Every Day 9:30pm-late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full service private dining is offered for Asado at our sister restaurant right across the street, Masa. Clients may choose from Asado menus or Masa's regional Mexican menus. Please see our web-site for complete Private Dining menus. Our private dining room features full AV needs for presentations, and is hip and fun with a view of the district. The room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit-down or 100 people for a reception. The space is adjacent to our second floor open air cabana deck and bar which can function as a break out area, or for additional space.
- Private Party Contact: Barbro Fehlauer 2532540561
A word from Asado
Asado offers the fabulous flavors of Argentina using the freshest ingredients from the Northwest and beyond. We proudly serve all natural pork, chicken and beef grilled masterfully over imported mesquite wood. Asado offers several fresh seafood options, like our Mero del Costa (seared sea bass), as well as fresh daily chef features including tasty and interesting options for those who don't want meat. Asado boasts arguably the most complete selection of Argentine wines in the Northwest. Located in the heart of the Tacoma’s 6th Avenue Business district, the South Sound's premier entertainment neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Asado - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Asado reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (69)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (34)notable wine list (29)hot spot (26)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Our Sirloin steak was cooked to rare but browned and warms through. Service was prompt. The menu is great--lots to choose from.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food was great. Natalie when asked about some of the steaks had no idea of the differences between them. She was great at bringing drinks/food and asking how we were doing but needs to brush up on items and say more than "both steaks are good."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and food!byoselfVIPDined on 10/23/2014nice wine list, 4 beers on tap that rotate. we went with the Asado experience, a lot of food, but was nice to sample and taste different items. everything well presented, great taste and texture. service was great, very attentive staff helping each other out. will be back!!Special Features:
- Foodie4LifeDined on 10/19/2014Great wine list and amazing menu. I enjoyed the stuffed pork chops with a butter bean and bacon mash. Absolutely wonderful fare!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent, the quinoa salad was amazing and could be a meal in itself. Three of the four of us dining enjoyed our meals. The sea bass was a little too fishy tasting and texture too gelatinous for my liking.Special Features:
- Simply deliciousMoGeoDined on 10/13/2014Asado is always Simply Delicious! All around enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, Outstanding, DeliciousNYRicanDined on 10/13/2014We went here for my birthday and I don't regret the choice. Everything about this place is perfect. The food was excellent and our server Chandra was outstanding. Service is definitely A++++Special Features:
- Great dinner!skindiverDined on 10/11/2014We had a great meal on a Saturday night. The restaurant is pretty loud and energetic. Our steaks were delicious; the calamari appetizer was tender and perfectly cooked; the best we've ever had. The service was exemplary. We will highly recommend Asado.Special Features:
- parents weekendSimbasmomDined on 10/10/2014I took my daughter and two of her friends here during UPS parent's weekend and it was an overall good experience. It was our second time at Asado as we enjoyed it during Orientation a year ago. I took off one point only because their salad--it was one with herbs and nuts and a citrus dressing--was so sour it was inedible. Everone at the table tried it to make sure it wasnt just me and they all said it was odd. Thankfully our waitress took it off the bill. My daughter enjoyed her steak special and the fried banana dessert in a sort of eggroll crust with ice cream were out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but priceySkookumDonDined on 10/10/2014The complaints about Asado being noisy are justified. It is an open area with no sound proofing measures. Tables are close together. This is a place to enjoy good food, but not quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencesteakluvrDined on 10/4/2014Outstanding on all points - quick seating (with reservations), great food and wine. Our server was awesome, and really made the entire experience outstanding.Special Features:
- Foodie mammaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent seviche and calamari wonderful steak, flavorful potatoes, excellent sauces,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014One of our favorite places. Manager and our server are like old friends now. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- AsadoEmilyDined on 10/2/2014A very nice evening - great service, fabulous menu and wonderful wine. Wish it wasn't so noisy, but will try lunch and also would return for dinner, knowing it will be noisy. Hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catching up with a gfAnnieDined on 9/29/2014Our experience with Asado was great! Great service and food. We both work in the industry and have high standards and expectations when we go out. The lighting could have been adjusted better-it was a little too bright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/27/14 ReviewLocalDined on 9/27/2014We frequent Asado and are consistently pleased with the experience. Food is on point, service is on point - when the restaurant is at full capacity you do feel cramped slightly but then again that could just be part of the lively ambiance.Special Features:
- Good food, fun atmospherecynbadDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Asado many times, and have always had great food and service. We appreciate their patience when we go with friends and family who are on the "picky" side. We also like their wine selection and have always been steered the right way when we want a suggestion. It's loud and busy, but we like that. Asado is cozy, yet not too casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingDined on 9/19/2014The food was outstanding. Best calamari that I have ever had.Special Features:
- Not as good as before...Cjd123Dined on 9/7/2014This was a place I raved about, until this last experience. I'm thinking it may have been because of the disappointing service and it made everything seem less wonderful than other times. The server was friendly enough, but seemed inexperienced, especially when I asked him about a wine he basically made something up and quickly followed with, 'I have no idea, I don't drink wine.' Also, we felt a bit rushed, especially when the hostess came and asked if we wanted our food boxed up, not even 5 minutes after it was served. I usually love the food here, but it didn't seem as good as before, but not sure if the weird, subpar service kinda ruined everything. Could have just been an off night, or the B-team working, or..? Not going back soon...
- Always Great!JenErichDined on 9/6/2014We have been to Asado many times. It is our go-to great meal restaurant. Everything we have tried has been well-prepared and served. The star last time was the lamb shanks!Special Features:
- Wonderful placeEnumclawDined on 9/5/2014Food was good, but the DESERTS were out of this world.Special Features:
- Romantic and RareIBDatingDined on 9/2/2014I took a woman out on a Tuesday night. We both worked late, and this was the best looking restaurant I could find online. We arrived a bit early, and despite having a full house, our table was ready. It was a bit loud, but not unbearable. The service was great, although, I either forgot, or didn't catch the servers name. The food came out timely, and tasting wonderful. We ended the night with a drink (very well prepared.) Couldn't have asked for a better night. Make sure to reserve your table, it looks like it gets quite busy.Special Features:
- A Gem In TacomaluvdafoodDined on 8/31/2014From the ambiance to the amazing food and the great service Asado is the perfect place to wine and dine guests as well as take that special someone out for dinner. The portions are just right, the staff are friendly and able to answer food allergy questions accurately. We loved the ceviche and plantain chips appetizer, the chimichurri butter was delicious on the fresh bread. Our steaks were grilled just as we requested and the polenta was so good we had to ask for more. We filled up on the main course so we are making sure to return to have dessert soon. Wine selection is good and the specialty drinks are creative. We will be regulars from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodTamisfavDined on 8/30/2014The valet parking was the first nice touch. We made a reservation earlier that day, I was surprised and disappointed that we were seated by the front door. The waitress was very nice and did a great job as a server. Nice décor, the Empanadas on the appetizer menu are fantastic, crispy on the outside, warm and flavorful on the inside. I had the PARRILLA MIXTA, Mixed Grill of Skewered Skirt Steak, Jumbo Prawns, Chorizo Sausage with the Peruvian Purple Mashed Potatoes, Omg it was awesome. My friend had the VEGETARIAN TOMATE RELLENO Tomato and Roasted Chile Stuffed with Beecher’s Cheddar, Soyrizo, Quinoa, Dried Fruit. I had a taste of the tomato, and it was out of this world. Fantastic food, I highly recommend Asado Cucina Argentina Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food was superb, again! Presentation was beautiful, although hard to see because the lighting is almost too subdued. Kind of feel like we need to bring headlamps to read menus. But worth it because, again, the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- hot hot hotOutandAboutDined on 8/25/2014Word of mouth had us looking for Asados. Reservations were easy to make and when we arrived even though the place was very crowded, we were seated immediately. Folks were eating before a concert that night and the place was roaring with high spirits. After about 15 minutes, everything quieted noticeably as people finished their meals. Our servers never shorted us on time. Waters filled, orders taken, friendly chit chat, and a nice table. The garage type doors opened out to the street (sixth ave) and it was nicer than you'd think. The house red wine our server chose was terrific. We both ordered beef - spectacular except for being topped with a spicy too hot oil. Dessert was only OK. Bananas Foster in phyllo dough.Special Features:
- sloweatoutlotsVIPDined on 8/25/2014Terrible service. Drinks and food took forever to come, and the drink order was wrong. We were there two hours for one course of food.Special Features:
- Asado TacomaFlynLo180Dined on 8/25/2014Our group of four dined here prior to attending the Eagles concert on 8/25/14. Excellent food, Upscale casual atmosphere, a broad selection of wines and perfectly paced service. Our waiter seeming a bit insincere is my only negative comment--I'm chalking this up to the fact that our party was at least twice his age.....:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad menu changesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Was greatly disappointed. It appears that the sea bass recipe has changed as has the polenta. Neither of the new versions are improvements. In fact, they are steps backwards.
- My favorite placebusybetty111Dined on 8/25/2014Asado's never disapoints! This is where we go for all special occasions. I've been for lunch and dinner and the food is always an explosion of taste. The wait staff is very friendly and foid/wine knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandomAnijoDined on 8/24/2014Service was quick and friendly, food was absolutely delicious. Definitely will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksSteveDined on 8/24/2014The rib steak is amazing. My wife had the gnocci (I think that's how it's spelled) and it was amazing as well. Great service, a little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- A great steak houseZenSpinnerDined on 8/23/2014A great find. My flat iron steak was done to perfection and rested just long enough. Nobody else at the table had anything to say because the were too busy savoring their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantricoDined on 8/17/2014this restaurant is a most, the food and drinks are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John AJohnnyVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was my wife's birthday dinner. We had a good time but nowhere near the usual experience. The whole place seemed overworked and yet it was not full. This is the first time I did not get one of my favorite servers either. I think in the end, I learned that the restaurant is vibrant on Friday and Saturday, when the A team is there versus Sunday when the great host John, the great waitstaff Kate, Cristy, and Ben, and who knows who else are gone or unavailable. Of course I will continue to go here, just reserve it on Friday or Saturday.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationLoveGr8FoodDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have been coming here for years to celebrate our anniversary. Food quality and wine list are always outstanding. We were disappointed that the Serrano wrapped jumbo prawns (entrée) are gone from the menu. They have an appetizer around that theme that was good but just not a substitute. We love the energy of the place and interacting with the knowledgeable wait staff. Another great recommendation from the wine steward did not disappoint. Looking to explore a great Argentine wine, this is the place to do it. Service was a bit spotty both in speed and accuracy but not anything that would keep us away for future special events. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Outstanding!PomegranateDined on 8/9/2014We live in King County and often choose to dine in Seattle, but for many special occasions we choose Asado. Outstanding in everyway, our meals are always beautifully prepared and the service is the best! We travel the world, and Asado remains one of our very favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but poor ambienceDKleinDined on 8/8/2014This is my second time at Asado. Love the food, but do not like the atmosphere, noise level, and sitting. Tables are way too close to each other, so a big no for anyone who wants yo have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousTtownchickDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful food and excellent service. Little loud with the windows open due to traffic but still lovely.Special Features:
- Great time!preachermanDined on 8/5/2014We had an excellent meal at Asado. Food was delicious and arrived promptly. The wait staff were very attuned to our needs. It is a bit noisy, but not in an annoying way. I have already recommended it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.