2810 6th Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98406Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asadotacoma.com/
- Phone: 2532727770
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dining Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 2:30pm Dinner: All Week: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Lounge Monday-Friday: 2:30pm-late Saturday-Sunday: 4pm-late Happy Hour Monday-Friday 2:30pm-6:30pm Every Day 9:30pm-late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full service private dining is offered for Asado at our sister restaurant right across the street, Masa. Clients may choose from Asado menus or Masa's regional Mexican menus. Please see our web-site for complete Private Dining menus. Our private dining room features full AV needs for presentations, and is hip and fun with a view of the district. The room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit-down or 100 people for a reception. The space is adjacent to our second floor open air cabana deck and bar which can function as a break out area, or for additional space.
- Private Party Contact: Barbro Fehlauer 2532540561
A word from Asado
Asado offers the fabulous flavors of Argentina using the freshest ingredients from the Northwest and beyond. We proudly serve all natural pork, chicken and beef grilled masterfully over imported mesquite wood. Asado offers several fresh seafood options, like our Mero del Costa (seared sea bass), as well as fresh daily chef features including tasty and interesting options for those who don't want meat. Asado boasts arguably the most complete selection of Argentine wines in the Northwest. Located in the heart of the Tacoma’s 6th Avenue Business district, the South Sound's premier entertainment neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Asado - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Asado reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (40)hot spot (39)good for groups (37)notable wine list (34)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (19)late-night find (18)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014this restaurant is a most, the food and drinks are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John AJohnnyVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was my wife's birthday dinner. We had a good time but nowhere near the usual experience. The whole place seemed overworked and yet it was not full. This is the first time I did not get one of my favorite servers either. I think in the end, I learned that the restaurant is vibrant on Friday and Saturday, when the A team is there versus Sunday when the great host John, the great waitstaff Kate, Cristy, and Ben, and who knows who else are gone or unavailable. Of course I will continue to go here, just reserve it on Friday or Saturday.Special Features:
- Outstanding!PomegranateDined on 8/9/2014We live in King County and often choose to dine in Seattle, but for many special occasions we choose Asado. Outstanding in everyway, our meals are always beautifully prepared and the service is the best! We travel the world, and Asado remains one of our very favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but poor ambienceDKleinDined on 8/8/2014This is my second time at Asado. Love the food, but do not like the atmosphere, noise level, and sitting. Tables are way too close to each other, so a big no for anyone who wants yo have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousTtownchickDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful food and excellent service. Little loud with the windows open due to traffic but still lovely.Special Features:
- Great time!preachermanDined on 8/5/2014We had an excellent meal at Asado. Food was delicious and arrived promptly. The wait staff were very attuned to our needs. It is a bit noisy, but not in an annoying way. I have already recommended it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!Marebear44Dined on 8/2/2014We love this place! We've been her a few times, and it's always great. Being a vegetarian, it seems like a weird choice. It's a very meat-heavy menu. But they have one of the best veg. dishes I've had anywhere! The Vegetarian Tomato Relleno is amazing. The friends I dined with this time all kept stealing bites off my plate. My husband had sea bass, wish he loved. The lentils are to die for, and they have an amazing drink with habenero vodka and passion fruit~ yum!Special Features:
- 39th AnniversaryDCS39Dined on 8/2/2014We thought it would be nice to try a new location for our 39th anniversary dinner and Asado was recommended by friends. It was a great choice.....the staff attention was excellent and the food amazing. We had a calamari appetizer, salmon and steak dinners and the cake balls for desert, along with wine parings for each course......excellent!!!Special Features:
- Great PlacelovethisplaceDined on 7/30/2014I've been to Asado probably 10-12 times. I love that place, their wine selection is great. Probably my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a so so place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Not a good neighborhood and so so food make this an okay but not great place to eat. Slightly expensive for what you get.
- sbskDined on 7/26/2014We had a fabulous dinner to celebrate a birthday. Food, service, everything was exceptional! Great cocktails and the ambiance was lovely. My only issue was that I was seated in a way to get the setting sun directly in my eyes - but an attentive server soon fixed that problem. Only complaint is that I wanted to ask a question and they don't answer their phone. I ended up going there in person to confirm my request would be OK.Special Features:
- Tacoma's Asado is worth itWhittersonDined on 7/26/2014Although I thought the space was a bit tighter than I would like Asado is still worth a try. The food is very good, the atmosphere is really nice and they had a nice selection of wines/cocktails/beverages.Special Features:
- Owner, ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We really looked forward to a new restaurant experience....Asado was a huge disappointment from the time we opened the door until we left. The noise level was overbearing, food was so-so and over-priced, service was good. Definately would not come back or recommend to anyone. This was a special birthday occasion, what a let-down.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceIamBDined on 7/23/2014We had dinner here with our 13 YO daughter. We thoroughly enjoyed it but we don't recommend it for kids.It's just because the food is so different and not what kids would enjoy. She is a steak lover but did not care for the marinated one she ordered so she switched with my husband's which she liked better but still not as well as other stead she's eaten. I ordered the bass after reading several favorable reviews. I think this dish, as with many at Asado, is an acquired taste. My husband and I still enjoyed it and probably because it was so different. Our waiter selected my wine and my husband's beer.Both were great. We tried the spinach and kale salad. It was a little too oily, but otherwise delicious. The crème Brule was the best ever.Special Features:
- Great placeMcsand22Dined on 7/20/2014Came here to celebrate my birthday with family. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We got the 3 appatizer platter with empanadas, calimari and ceviche all of which were delicious. Everyone loved their steaks and the quinoa salad was one of the better meal salads I have tried at a restaurant. Overall great meal would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The salmon was extremely dry, lentil beans a little under cooked. My wife through up after we got home, she said it was due to the ceasers salad.Special Features:
- Delicious.bsnyderDined on 7/19/2014Had Asado recommended to me and it blew away even my high expectations. One bite of the corn was all it took. Great, great place.Special Features:
- Excellent service, scrumptious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Dining at Asado was wonderful and they superbly accomodated our need to rush off to a concert. Granted we were there at 5:15pm so dont' know if they could pull it off at peak hours but better not to have to rush off in under an hour. Our waitress recommended dishes that could be prepared quickly but the quality wasn't comprised one bit - the ceviche appetizer was delicious and the steak entree was melt in your mouth tender and spicey, and the mashed potatoes were flavorful and light. We will definitely be back when we can stay and really enjoy the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Great experience, well prepared food, could not ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Usual!Asadomynumber1pickDined on 7/17/2014The food was amazing as usual and Kate was our waitress who I ask for every time I come here because of her excellent personality and service.Special Features:
- Great foodGribiDined on 7/12/2014Everything about the experience was delightful. Great food awesome service. We will return.Special Features:
- Not HappyJanineDined on 7/11/2014The service was great! We ordered an appetizer and two salads and all of it was way too salty, not just for our taste but for anyone's taste. We couldn't eat them. We also had steak that was cooked perfectly and very tender but had a lot of pepper on it. We know that Argentinian food is peppery and we were able to eat the steak but only by scraping some of the pepper off of the meat. We will not return to Asado.Special Features:
- loved it, but slow serviceBarbhickmanDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I had a delightful meal and will definitely come again. It is quite a popular spot and was busy even on a Monday night. All told our dinner took almost two hours - not sure if that is normal sine it was our first time. It was worth the wait though! GREAT FOOD! I have had a lot of creme brûlée in my day, and theirs was the very best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014We love the food here. We brought relatives from Las Vegas and they loved it! Said the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Gem all aroundLeechyDined on 6/30/2014Food was delicious, the steak was better than any other in all of pierce county, their appetizers were spot on and their drinks were so yummy! If you have the time in the day and would like a place to relax and enjoy tasty food and drinks and are ok with a $$ spending allowance during happy hour, or $$$ for a fancy dinner, I hands down recommend this place.Special Features:
- Very welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The staff was friendly from the moment we walked in the door. It did not stop there... our waitress was friendly & knowledgeable and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavLoveDiningOutDined on 6/27/2014Love going to Asado! If you want a supurb piece of meat - this is the place to go! Love it!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceGlotzsDined on 6/27/2014My brother and I took our elderly father out for his birthday dinner. We had a great time. The food was outstanding and the service was nonobtrusive and helpful when needed. We had an excellent time and would come back again for more than just a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistent foodLeeperDined on 6/24/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat. The service is great and food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKWentforromanticnightDined on 6/19/2014The scallops were amazing, and the steaks were cooked just right. My food, however, was drenched in salt and my husband's hardly had any. and even though we had a reservation and there were plenty of tables on the fringes of the restaurant, we were seated right in the middle of the restaurant where it was extremely loud. I've been there once before and it was much better. The waiter was great, though, and I'll give it one more shot, but I hope it was just a bad night and not a downhill slide.
- Good local restaurantMaverick99Dined on 6/15/2014Not much to look at from the outside. Spacious interior with cool decor. Restaurant is definitely loud. I had the mixta which was skewered steak, 2 shrimp and a chorizo sausage. All were very good. My wife had the sea bass and said it was excellent. She also had the pumpkin cake which she said was awesome. Will go back again. Dinner, drinks and dessert was $100 for 2 people. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayBig45Dined on 6/15/2014My hubby enjoyed everything from the food to view the atomsphere, everything was great! Will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014This was our first time and we LOVED it. The food was simply incredible, prices were reasonable and the staff was terrific. The only small complaint I might have is that they really pack folks in. We were there at 5:30pm and we fine, but even by 7:00pm the noise level was pretty high and the tables full and close to each other. I like a resturant that feels 'alive" and vibrant. Just need to know this would not be the place for a quiet getaway. :)Special Features:
- fabulous find!mimi69Dined on 6/12/2014Had dinner here with an associate who lives in the neighborhood. Will definitely come back in the future. Wonderful apps, entre AND dessert Good wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fun atmosphere!FoodieFamilyDined on 6/9/2014Special kale/spinach salad with goat cheese rolled in pistachios was the best salad I've ever had, I think. Wish I could eat that every day.Other highlights included the Chicken fettuccine and the banana churros (donuts). Only big misses were the too smoky asparagus and the too spicy calamari. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food was very delicious and the dining room had a charming decor. The garage door wall opens to the street, which adds to its charm; however, I could barely hear a thing my wife was saying because the noise level was so loud. I will be back, maybe for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough Start-Beautiful EndingLlewDined on 6/7/2014Our table wasn't ready when we arrived due to a miscommunication apparently regarding size of our party. We ordered drinks in bar & ended up waiting longer than we'd hoped for our seats. However, once we were seated the food (as always) was AMAZING & our waitress was pleasant. My husband & I frequent Asado but the others in our group had never been; they couldn't stop raving about the food, & thanking us for introducing them to this restaurant. It was disappointing to have made a reservation only to wait but overall it was nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning environmentVirtual1Dined on 6/7/2014We enjoy Asado's. We have eaten there many times and have always had excellent service and food. My wife's chicken was undercooked which was unfortunate. It would have been a real turn-off had we not eaten there before. We usually rate their food at 4 stars. The restaurant was kind enough to remove the meal from our bill. Having worked in the restaurant business these issues do sometimes occur.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant.dinerDined on 6/7/2014We made a reservation and were seated right away. Our reservation was for 7pm on a Saturday. The restaurant was full and with everyone talking it was kinda loud. The seating is all open; no private booths. The food was good, lots of flavor. We only drank water and our cups were kept full. It's a little pricey but good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Dinner Time!AnSWilliamsDined on 6/1/2014This was the second visit to Asado. The atmosphere was great however a tad loud, the wife and I had to lean into each other to converse. The wife had the PUERCO RELLENO which, according to her, was fantastically cooked. I had the COSTILLA DE LA CARNE medium rare; a bit small for the price but excellently prepared. Of course the Peruvian purple mashed: Well need I say more? Our sides were the grilled asparagus which could have been on the grill about a minute longer but overall very good; and our appetizer was your ASADO CAESAR salad with the manchego cheese, wow. I want to thank you for the fine dining experience. We will be back. PS: Hats off to Ben our waiter. Mighty fine job...mighty fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.