480 S. Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://asadalaguna.com/
- Phone: 9497155533
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Tuesday – Friday: 11:00am – 1:00am, Saturday: 8:00am – 1:00am, Sunday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ramiro Silva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer
A word from Asada
Asada Laguna Beach is a Mexican Steakhouse featuring fresh California – Mexican cooking. The festive Tequila Bar features an extensive selection of spirits, ice cold beer, margaritas and signature cocktails. The beautiful ocean view makes it a perfect destination for fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Asada reviews from OpenTable diners
- great timejandoDined on 9/28/2013Took my wife out on a date night and we both had a great time. The food was brought out to us in a timely manner. Our server was very pleasing. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great all aroundJba31857Dined on 9/15/2013To start our wait person named Danny, short for Danielle was great. She was accommodating without being overbearing, really friendly and just right. The food was nice and had nice spice and the hot salsa was really good. We ordered a pitcher of Margaritas and I asked to have the ice on the side, no problem. She brought fresh ice as needed and the drink stayed fresh to the end. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good especiallyGCKCDined on 9/7/2013Food was very good especially if you like it on the spicy side. The bar and booths for the restaurant are very close to each other so it can get loud (depending where you are sitting). Our waiter seemed to have a little attitude but the rest of the staff were outstanding and attentive.Special Features:
- Great DigsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Asada has a cool Laguna Beach vibe and is right on Coast Highway. Windows are open in the summer and you get the sea breeze adding to the ambience. Table at the window ideal for people watching; but let's not forget about the food- killer salsa and Mexican food kicked up a notch or two- have tried many things on the menu and have never been disappointed. Last time, had the Blackened Halibut Tacos- delicious. There is a reason why we come back again and again- outstanding food, terrific setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups4DriversDined on 9/6/2013Our family has gone to Asada several times for dinner and have always enjoyed ourselves. Their salsa and margaritas are great. The food is good, not the best Mexican food I have ever had, but better then most. Our waitress was very attentive and always smiling. Fun place to go with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a flawless experienceLocalDCDined on 9/4/2013The service was amazing, we were seated very promptly. The menu has a great selection and the speciality drinks are delicious. Once we received the food, it was spot on perfect. Two bites into our food and quite conversation, there was a group of 4 young ladies that were sat directly next to us. It turns out these were not young ladies at all, but actually the owners kids. They were incredibly loud, every server in the restaurant had to come socialize with them, and they were allowed to do as they pleased. Our intimate, great onbiance had changed into something we couldn't wait to escape. Our server acted as if this was the norm. My recommendation is to come here with a group of friends, a social activity, but certainly not for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a bad experience checkingJennyVIPDined on 9/1/2013Had a bad experience checking in . Gave our table away a few times . Had to wait awhile for them to accommodated us .Special Features:
- Night OutwalkbyfaithDined on 9/1/2013Sitting arrangement is not the best. I felt we were on top of everyone. Food was just OK. Not worth how much we paid. I am glad we tried it BUT we won't go back.
- BreakfastGuestofTheCosmoVIPDined on 9/1/2013I had breakfast here - my first visit. I thought the eggs Benedict was quite good and overall enjoyed the visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2013We got there with table reserved. Some confusion happened with other customers but they took care of us giving our table in few minutes. A little slow the service but they were also very busy. At the end it was a positive experience ....Special Features:
- Date night or dinner with parentsLaggVIPDined on 8/30/2013This place is great. The food was excellent, drinks were tasty & the vibe in the restaurant was fun and busy. My mom and I were there on a Friday night (with reservations) and had the fried green beans and halibut enchiladas. There were groups, couples and families all enjoying their time at Asada.Special Features:
- Great dinner and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2013A pitcher of margaritas was the way to go! One pitcher serves about 5 glasses vs $14 a drink this was a great deal for $35. Dinner had large portions so come hungry :). Loved the chips and guacamole. And seafood burrito was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious favoriteStacyVIPDined on 8/27/2013We love Mexican style food and for us this is the best of the best. We always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSanDiegoFoodGalDined on 8/26/2013Had lunch and enjoyed the food, decor & ocean view! Nice selection of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseFoodiewannabeVIPDined on 8/21/2013We were staying in Laguna Beach and had tried the popular restaurants. We were looking for something more informal and saw that Asada had gotten got good reviews. They are well deserved. The food was decent, the service was very good, and we could even hear each other speak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST VISITOCDINERVIPDined on 8/18/2013Great food and excellent service! Ocean view on PCH in the great city of Laguna Beach! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent service.BruinVIPDined on 8/16/2013Great food and excellent service. We like coming here on a Friday night to unwind from a tough week at work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip it...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2013Nothing special, margritas were not good, pork dinner was tasty but fatty under the sauce, chips and special hot salsa was great, Service-asked waiter who was not our waiter for extra player for all to share- he thew down 4 plates which needed to be wiped off --- we were a table of 5. I wound no recommend this place.
- Great Mexican food in the VillageVegasBelleDined on 8/10/2013Our experience was a good one at Asada. The food was excellent. The noise level is pretty high but since we had 3 kids with us, it was appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and miss between good and greatlagunafoodcriticDined on 8/10/2013Food wise it varies between really amazing and very good at different times I have been here. Some of the menu items (burritos) are nothing special. The tamale special thing (forget what they call it) was awesome once, then not as good another time. No surprise the beef dishes are great. XLNT chips and salsa. A bit pricey but its the location. Margaritas are tasty but seem to be low-octane so bring a full wallet or go for the beer or wine. Decent draft beers. Better than average wine selection. Parking is a challenge on summer weekends especially, you need to walk and/or be very patient.Special Features:
- Favorite spot in Laguna BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013My mom lives in Laguna Beach and I visit her frequently and when I do, my go-to spot is Asada. One of my favorite things is that the salsa that comes out with the chips at the beginning of the meal is served warm. It sounds weird, but it's REALLY delicious and the chips are amazing too! My date wasn't as keen on the hot salsa, but I suppose it's not for everyone. **One thing I would say, is that I had their taquitos once, (my favorite Mexican dish), & they were AWFUL. Steer clear of the tquitos, but other than that... you can't go wrong! :)Special Features:
- Relaxation.MikeDined on 7/27/2013Great place to relax. Bartender and staff give you great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2013Love this restaurant. Great menu, I have yet to order something that wasn't great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2013On vacation in Laguna and ate here one night. Our food was wonderful and service was fast even if they said they would bring us bread to the table and never did...saved us a few hundred calories! There were even enough left-overs to give to the homeless man we passed on our way back to the hotel....I would recommend and eat here again if in the area. Reservations made it easier to get in quicker.Special Features:
- hit and missrockmeisterVIPDined on 7/22/2013Asada went downhill after the excellent chips and salsa. The queso was bland, stringy, and hardened quickly. My wife had a below average Huevos Rancheros. I did enjoy the vegetable tacos, however. Really not worth the 45 dollars it cost to eat lunch. Cool interior.
- Service suspectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013The service is an issue. We waited a good 5 minutes before anyone even approached our table. We ordered some drinks, an appetizer and said we were going to have a bottle of wine with dinner. The drinks came out followed by the bottle of wine, which was just set on the table unopened. The appetizer came out shortly after we ordered our entree. Then we proceeded to wait 45 minutes for the entree while the tables around us who arrived later then we did were served. We had to flag our waitress to alert her to the problem. The manager delivered the entrees and then the waitress came back and asked if he had mentioned comping a dessert. My issue with this is don't comp something I haven't ordered. Comp the item you screwed up on.
- Brilliant!StacyVIPDined on 7/20/2013We were pleasantly surprised by our visit to Asada. Summer is crazy in Laguna Beach so we parked down the canyon with ACT V and took the free trolley into town, then walked around. Asada has a great patio on PCH which was fun. The food was the highlight though! The Ranchero Short ribs were fantastic!! Everything looked great. The Mango margatini was amazing too. Highly recommend this place :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!DianaOCVIPDined on 7/19/2013What a terrific restaurant! The menu has all the classic Mexican dishes you love, exquisitely prepared with minor enhancements that yield tremendous results. One example is the salsa that is served with chips before the meal. It is cooked and served hot, giving it a burst of flavors that meld together in a most wonderful way. I am most impressed with the service, both from the host, as well as the wait staff. The decor is upscale modern juxtaposed with the laid back charm of Laguna Beach. You can sit at the bar and enjoy a variety of premium Tequilas, or people watch when glimpsing out to Coast Highway. This establishment will definitely be in frequent rotation for me, and I will recommending it heartily to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taco Tuesdays!kbiscontiVIPDined on 7/16/2013Tuesday nights at Asada is always a neighborhood treat. Great tacos and drinks and a good scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Not just yourHamerxDined on 7/13/2013Great food. Not just your ordinary Enchiladas and Burritos. We had The Diablo Guacamole and Short Rib Enchiladas. These enchiladas are actually crepes. Very good margaritas. Salsa is served warm. Should have a cold version available. (We didn't ask if they did or not).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, OK serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/10/2013I took my husband here for his birthday. While we loved the food, the service lacked a bit. We each ordered an entree and asked for a bowl of tortilla soup to share in advance of our meal. 10 minutes after we ordered, our entrees came out, but no soup. I asked the waiter and he clearly hadn't remembered we ordered the soup, which was strange since there were only about 5 tables full in the restaurant on a Wednesday evening and we had just ordered it ten minutes prior. At that point, we didn't want it anymore, so it was fine. I also thought the entrees were too quick. I don't want to wait forever, but it's nice to sit an enjoy the ambiance when you're there for an occasion. BUT, when we did eat our dinner, the food was great.
- Love the place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2013I was there for the first time this year while vacationing in Laguna Beach. The food was great, had a great waiter. We liked it so much, we came back a second time.Special Features:
- Polite professional staff.hatchDined on 7/10/2013Polite professional staff. Filet Tacos were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSethVIPDined on 7/9/2013This is a great local place in Laguna amidst a million different chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so MexicanMongoDined on 7/5/2013The food here is nothing special. Just seems like overpriced burritos and tacos that you can get at chain restaurants. I had carnitas and the food lacked flavor. But at $20 a plate I felt compelled to eat it. Very noisy atmosphere.
- Upon arrival to Asada we wereWineandineDined on 7/4/2013Upon arrival to Asada we were warmly greeted by the hostess staff and were told our party had checked in and were walking around taking in the sights. The waitress was there immediately taking our drink orders and was absolutely lovely. In fact the whole experience was easy, warm and made a lovely day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissJohnicusVIPDined on 7/2/2013Service for this visit should be a 0 stars. I waited 13 mins at a table and I was not acknowledged at all, however the tables around me were serviced. My friend came at the last two mins and she was flabbergasted. We went to the bar and the service was much better from one of the bartenders. I guess it was not my night. I would have drank and eaten more if one of the bartenders would notice that our food water and cocktails were empty. My friend had to wave her hand and say something, since our first verbal tries I guess was not loud enough. Oh, and our order was missing an item and I was told, by the non attentive bartender, it was late & difficult to make so? Sigh, again I guess it's one of those nights.
- Great food with average servicedesidocVIPDined on 7/2/2013This was our second visit. Great food but mediocre service. We had to flag down waiter for everything and we are patient patrons. Utensils came after appetizers. We had to remind them about our dring order. There were three item charged on our bill we did not order was taken off later. Go for food not for service.Special Features:
- Great food, fun vibe!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2013Hot salsa was drop dead delicious! Tables outside very close together and cramped but fun if you like your neighbors at the next table. Creative menu, fresh ingredients. The filet mignon tacos were sinful, my husband had fall apart rib enchiladas that were wrapped in crepes, they were exquisite! The margaritas were very good but small for the price, more muddled fruit and ice than liquid. Had better elsewhere.Special Features:
- Care that you don't find oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2013Manager left the kitchen open for a group of mine late night on a Tuesday! No one does that except ASADA. Great place, great manager, great staff,great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.