Arya Global Cuisine
19930 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Arya Global Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aryarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4089969606x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Persian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mike Hashemi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer Catering for all your special occasions. Whether it be just appetizers, our delicious wraps, kebabs, pasta specialties or seafood. Let us handle all of the details from set up to making every detail a memorable one. We offer many specialties from our Italian menu to our Persian Menu. We also deliver.
- Entertainment: Enjoy great Italian music by Pasquale every other Friday and Persian music on Saturdays and belly dancing starting at 8:00pm. If you like to be away from it all, no problem! We feature private rooms as well to be away from it all in your own private setting.
A word from Arya Global Cuisine
Cupertino's favorite restaurant with many choices whether you love Italian or Persian Cuisine in the heart of Silicon Valley. Arya features seafood, steaks, chicken, kebabs, great salads, and pastas cooked to order the best of healthy cuisine. A Full Bar with a fine selection of California and Italian wines. Delicious cakes and desserts for every event from our Tiramisu to our Persian style Baklava and Pistachio ice cream. For business, family, friends, and special celebrations up to 250 people. We love to make you feel special in our home. You will be comfortable in business or casual attire, enjoying our casually elegant environment. Children's menus and high chairs are available. Take-out orders for home or business are a convenient way to dine. We also deliver. Enjoy dessert or cocktails in front of our fire place or reserve one of our banquet rooms for your special occasion. You will enjoy service from our warm and friendly staff. Live Music & Belly dancing on Fridays & Sat 8:30Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Arya Global Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Arya Global Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (14)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Friday Evening ShowFamilyDiningDined on 9/12/2014Friday evening entertaiment was a great value. The performance of the singer and dancer was a nice experience. We will come back for a family gathering.Special Features:
- dessert was spoiledherveDined on 9/11/2014Food was great until dessert. We ordered a sorbet (fine) and the pistachios cheesecake. It looks like the cheesecake had been sitting for too many days outside the fridge. The taste was nasty so we called the server. He took it back but we were hoping he would come back with a fresh piece but no. He had nothing to offer, meaning they knew it was not fresh anymore. At least they could have offered the 2 espressos we bought. Not even a small commercial gesture, very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMarybelleanneVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been going to Arya for many years. Their food is excellent. Service overall is good, people are friendly, and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere. However, there is one waiter, a tall Mexican man, who has become quite a sourpuss. He is efficient and does his job, but because of his attitude he is not pleasant to have as a waiter.Special Features:
- Will go back another timetealadyDined on 8/23/2014We did not stay to watch the belly dance due to to young kids in the group. We will go back next time. Good food and good service.Special Features:
- 20% increase in their pricesAryaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Have been here several times. Last time, I was surprised that the restaurant was somewhat empty. Service was slow. I was sat without being given a menu. Finally after being given a menu, it took them 10 min to come and get my order. This was surprising, the place was only 1/4 full. They have raised their prices 20%, maybe that is why they are not that busy anymore.
- Great mealMarybelleanneVIPDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I went to Arya for an early lunch, so the restaurant was nice and quiet. It can get quite noisy during peak hours. The service was excellent as was the food.Special Features:
- InconsistentTaneliDined on 7/18/2014Food and drinks have generally been good, but things can go wrong... "Quiet & romantic table went SO wrong" -- Pasquale (evening entertainment, needs to learn to sing -- this time was SO bad, I could no longer ignore who massacres my favorite songs). Other patrons seemed to enjoy it though, perhaps this is the place for tone deaf. Food was good, drinks were good, slightly marred with restaurant not clearing our reservation, and waiter switching mid-evening "your waiter went home, because there was not enough business. I was thinking of either bribing singer to be quiet, or to ask for ear plugs. All in all, lunch is a better venue, as you don't have to suffer through "entertainment"
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The food was good and nice and quit atmosphere . The service was nice and professional.Special Features:
- Problem with OpenTable appFoodViewDined on 6/17/2014The OpenTable app has no clear submit button. It is not clear that the choice of time actually acts as a submit button. It is very confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceFalconVIPDined on 6/13/2014The food was good. The only issue is that they do not substitue, but the menu does not say ... no substitutions. To me the menu and chef need to be more versatile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Area is a nice break from noisy, mediocre lunch fare. Great service and good food.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedAgent156Dined on 5/27/2014The floors were sticky, everywhere. The place did not present as clean. A foul odor permeated one of the nicer seating areas and we had to ask to be moved elsewhere to a less appealing area. The food was mediocre at best. I doubt I will return here anytime soon.
- EYtuckerDined on 5/23/2014Good Food and good service. Nice presentation of the serving. Comfortable seating and clean environment. Recommendation for group or get together.Special Features:
- The following 350 reviews are from the Arya Global Cuisine reviews archive.
- Pretty Good Persian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/15/2014My only complaint is that I wish they'd offer a dark meat option for the chicken kababs. For a kabab, white meat just isn't as tender as dark meat. Therefore, I ordered the ground chicken koobideh in a combo with the ground beef koobideh. Both were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT ON Mothers DayN0t0nM0thersDayaga1nDined on 5/11/2014I reserved for Mother's Day and expected to be able to order off the full menu as there was no note on a Prefix menu on Open Table. When we sat down there was only a prefix menu available. Since my wife and I were not that hungry, we left and went to another restaurant. We eat here once every few months and always love it. It is not the restaurants fault, it is Open Tables fault.
- Such a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I The service was bad, the food was horrible and the price was outrageous and the entertainment was 3 children running wild around our table. The price was $40 each that included a limp salad with exactly one slice of roasted pepper, one section of a dry orange, two raw walnuts,a tiny bit of feta cheese, topped with a watery, tasteless dressing. A basket of warm, stale bread. The main dish two of us had was vegetable kabobs with rice. The kabobs were 5 strips of apparent zucchini, dry and burnt on a plate next to some almost warm basmati rice. We thought for sure the desert would be good. No luck there. . When we got the bill, they had included an 18% tip! I will never go there again.
- Excellent food and serviceyummy2bhereDined on 5/10/2014We went to Arya to dinner around 8:30 with 8 adults and 1, two year old. The staff was very accommodating for the child. We ordered various entrees and the food was great as was the friendly, professional service. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arya never disappointsrcneDined on 4/23/2014We've enjoyed dining at Arya since it first opened. This time it was for a 45th birthday lunch, attended by 4 diners ranging in age from 45 to 70. It was the older couple's first time at Arya. As usual, everyone in our dining party thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The Persian entrees were delicious and served beautifully, amidst large quantities of exquisite saffron rice. The birthday boy was brought a portion of chocolate duet cake, which we all sampled. He and I then split our favorite dessert: mango panna cotta, while the other couple enjoyed the wonderful baklava (made with pistachios rather than walnuts) with vanilla ice cream. Arya remains a reliable, great choice for lunch or dinner on special occasions or at any time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food & nicly presentedHIFoodieDined on 4/20/2014Arya is a restaurant that delivers Very Good food with a very nicely decorated dining room. The menu has something for everyone. A good spot to go to for a regular dinner or formal night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Last minute reservation, great table, service, food, atmosphere. Will go again.Special Features:
- If you happen to be in ConcordfungalVIPDined on 4/19/2014If you need a good place to eat in Concord, this will do the trick. But it's a bit cheesy decor, the food is okay and service is good. It's a fine neighborhood/local restaurant but I wouldn't seek it out.Special Features:
- great kebabsJasiDined on 4/5/2014Excellent salmon,chicken, lamb Kebabs, good service. Minor issue was the falaffel were under cooked and sticky inside..we sent them back and still they were not cooked properly..They did not charge us for these :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian food with a twistHaniDined on 3/28/2014The food was excellent. They have captured the subtle essence of Persian cuisine. I had the fessinjoon which was excellent. The wine list was limited and it was interesting to find gewurtztraminer listed under red wines. The felafel were considered outstanding by all in our party. The most unique that I have ever tasted, and I am a big fan of Egyptian ta'miyah. Service was very attentive, but not obtrusive. It is certainly worth returning when I get a yearning for Persian food again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful selections....happycamperVIPDined on 3/28/2014Went for lunch. Arya has a huge menu with many options. I liked the different mediterranean choices from various countries including Italian, Persian, Greek....... I took a friend for the first time, and she can't wait to go back. The bruschetta was excellent as was the chicken pasta in an alfredo sauce. They have entertainment on Friday nights. Pasquale Eposito is an outstanding local Italian singer. Worth a trip to Arya is hear him! (see their schedule for his performance)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at best no music on SundayalraytseDined on 3/16/2014we came to Arya several times and each time our experience was moderately worse than before. Not sure exactly what it is but this time was the worst. Probably not frequent again.
- Delicious food, friendly servicehungrycatDined on 3/15/2014My family tried appetizers, salads, and several entrees, all well prepared with fresh ingredients. They happily served a smaller portion of a regular entree to my 12 year old. Several large groups were celebrating, but the noise level was minimal and service was attentive but non-intrusive. Would return for a simple dinner or special occasion.Special Features:
- $39.99 Speciallouie123Dined on 3/12/2014Took advantage of the $39.99 special for 2; one appetizer, two entrees, one dessert. While this did not include the entire dinner menu selection of kebabs, there were plenty of selections to chose from and for the price it was outstanding. Perfect for a Monday-Thursday treat..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great dinnerDisappointingVIPDined on 3/6/2014I have eaten here previously, although only for lunch. I brought an out of town guest here for dinner this evening, and ended up being disappointed with the experience. The main reason: The place was dead. Only two or three other tables occupied while we were there. Food was OK, although not seemingly as fresh or well prepared as lunch. I will return - I really like Arya - just not for a midweek dinner.
- Avoid if going with a LARGE GroupUpendraDined on 3/5/2014Extremely POOR Service for our Team Lunch of 12 + People Reservations were made a WEEK in Advance Staff did NOT care about our request for speed (No Food for over an Hour ) !!
- Excellent Redwood City Persian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014We recently discovered how fun it is to take the family for an early dinner at Arya - the food is wonderful, and on Friday and Saturday nights (be sure to check), they have belly dancing! The kids really enjoyed it, as did the adults!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good live show, food is ok -good.IMREADYTOEAT123VIPDined on 2/21/2014Great for special occasions, the food is ok/good, the live performance music and bellydancing are very good and worth checking it out and enjoying a nice dinner here.Special Features:
- Rip off for Valentine's DayVijayDined on 2/14/2014The original rates on the menu were around $15/entree but on Valentine's day, they put a menu which was $60/person and it was fixed price. We would have had 2 entrees and one dessert that would have cost us not more than 40$ or 50$. It was ridiculous to price it that way when their normal rates were much lower. We had a reservation but we walked out after we figured it was a ripoff!Special Features:
- Nice ambianceJudeDined on 2/14/2014I came here on valentines day with my hubby! We both enjoyed the friendly staffs, the food and the bar. We did not see much of the belly dancer because she was busy entertaining the kids at the front table and since we were seated at the very back we did not het get to see her till we moved at the bar. Hopefully next time she will do her rounds faster so the people that are seated way back can enjoy the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerWoodhamsDined on 2/14/2014Went to Arya for a Valentine's dinner with my wife and 2 year old daughter. Food was very good. Staff was outstanding, especially in helping us get small amounts of food to quiet my daughter. The Valentine's Day Prefix price was a bit steep, their normal menu being unavailable. It too bad we were unable to take advantage of the Jazz band they had for the night, as the little one was not in the mood for hang'n out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentVVThiruDined on 2/14/2014Excellent ambience and service. Great food, although vegetarian choices were limited.Special Features:
- Food is not good & serviceMaikDined on 2/8/2014Food is not good & service so slow & any time food and drink coming I saw the Cracked glass on my hand that restaurant just good if u want to go for fun is good music is so happySpecial Features:
- Consistent an great Persian food!!!JenSouthBayVIPDined on 1/24/2014We had a group dinner here this week. We've been here a number of times, but it's typically just me and my hubby. The service received was awesome, the singer was high quality, the belly dancer was fun and the food was just awesome. The owner stopped by to see how things were going and was really attentive to everyone in the restaurant. This is definitely a place I'd recommend for groups and couples, whether you're looking for a good place for dinner or a place for an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was excited to try thisGood2eatDined on 1/24/2014I was excited to try this place since the reviews were overall very good. I ended up being very disappointed with the whole experience because at the end of our meal we were asked to give up our table so that they could seat a large party. We had just finished dessert and were chatting. It was very rude and I would not eat here again or recommend this restaurant. I called and left a message for the manager the next day, but did not hear back from anyone. The one bright spot was their pita bread which was very good.
- Love this place...thewritedinerVIPDined on 1/17/2014I dined at Arya before, and went back on another Friday with my in-laws for a birthday dinner. We all enjoyed the food and the entertainment. My son loved our server, Medina. She was very friendly; helpful and professional. As always, the food was delicious, and I will continue to recommend this place to family and friends. I enjoyed every bite of my Fesenjoon dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd experience here awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014Went out for a nice romantic time with my husband. Didn't happen, several small children running around and yelling, while management stood back and watched. Grant it is loud anyway with the belly dancers, still no place for out of control children. not sure if we are returning.