Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City
885 Middlefield Road
Redwood City, CA 94063Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aryarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6503674939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:30pm-9:30pm; F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Mike Hashemi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer Catering for all your special occasions. Whether it is just appetizers, our delicious wraps, kebabs, pasta specialties or seafood. Let us handle all of the details from set up to making every detail a memorable one. We offer many specialties from our Italian menu to our Persian Menu. We also do corporate delivery.
- Entertainment: Enjoy great Italian music by Pasquale Esposito, belly dancing and Live Jazz music on Fridays & Saturdays. If you like to be away from it all, no problem! We feature private areas as well to be away from it all in your own private setting.
A word from Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City
Welcome to ARYA, a place we call home. Arya is about a warm ambiance, many choices whether you love Italian or Persian Cuisine. Arya features seafood, steaks, chicken, kebabs, great salads, and pastas cooked to order, the best of healthy cuisine. We feature a fine selection of California and Italian wines. Delicious cakes and desserts, for every event, from our Tiramisu to our Persian style Baklava and Pistachio ice cream. For business, family, friends, and special celebrations, we love to make you feel special in our home. You will be comfortable in business or casual attire, enjoying our casually elegant environment. Children’s menus and high chairs are available. Take-out orders for home or business are a convenient way to dine. We also deliver. You will enjoy service from our warm and friendly staff. Live Music & Belly dancing on Fridays & Sat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great food, sketchy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Went there for dinner before Broadway by the Bay on a Saturday night. Greeted promptly, seated promptly. Waiter was attentive at first, but then pulled as more diner arrived. Busboy did not relay our requests to our waiter. They need to coordinate the staff better. Food was DELICIOUS! I had the lamb shank and my friend had the parmesan crusted chicken. The wine list was well thought out. Did not see the Persian wine selections until after I ordered so I will try them next time. Will go again, to give them another chance to spruce up the communication.Special Features:
- Persian UOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent service. Our waiter brought us samples to educate us re Persian cuisineSpecial Features:
- Dinner and TheaterNut4UVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have season tickets to BBB theater and come to Arya Global Cuisine for our dining spot. Food and service is great, however, I had inquired about the food, organic choices, if the fish was farmed or wild. As we have changed our lifestyle and looking for healthier option, Unfortunately, this will not be the place for us going forward. All fish is famed! I just wish they would add one or two healthy options. If that is not a concern for you then I highly recommend Arya Global Cuisine.Special Features:
- Quiet and pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014Our lunch was unhurried, and the food choices were perfect, except that I forgot to apply my $10 off coupon to the check! I was saddened to see so few customers. Hope this restaurant will be successful and remain available to patrons like me for a long time to come.Special Features:
- Spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Server started well, friendly and greeted us at table while we were waiting for others to arrive. Then it went downhill. Long wait for him to come back and take order, long wait for flatbread/dip to arrive - we had to ask for it, father had to remind then of his beer several times. Didn't have a long wait for food to arrive tho and the meal was tasty. Bill and it took a long time to receive and retrieve back.. we got the attention of 2 other servers as we waived our bill for them to take it , but they kept pointing to our server who looked like he was in the kitchen doing busboy duties too! Restaurant had few patrons yet they seemed short staffed. We were a large group and they definitely didn't earn the automatic 18% tip. won't return
- Dinner with friendsdineanddashDined on 6/13/2014Went with a group of coworkers and had a great time. The food was delicious and service was outstanding. We tried a spanish wine that the server recommended. I definitely wanted to and did buy the bottle afterwards. My group consisted of 7 people and the staff here was great. We did make reservations and our table was ready as soon as we got there. Great variety of dishes and many choices. I have food allergies and a couple people were vegan and everyone had options for entrees. Enjoyed it, and will definitely go again.Special Features:
- ShariVIPDined on 6/11/2014Hign -end feeling without high- end prices! The atmosphere is beautiful and feels expensive. The food is large portions and prepared perfectly. The prices are reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast on a Monday nightfa386Dined on 6/9/2014Had a really great dinner with some old friends on a Monday night (where things were pretty quiet). I loved our waitress, except that she seemed a bit challenged on the concept of tips; we decided to split the bill into 7 parts and then each pay 2/7, except for one guy who paid 1/7. The 1/7th was in cash and represented the tip; the three 2/7 payments were with a credit card, and represented the actual bill (plus $3.45). The waitress couldn't seem to understand what we were doing. In the end, all was good; she got a tip and we got good food.Special Features:
- deliciousgoldconkerDined on 6/6/2014We came late on a Friday with a party of 2. The place was pretty empty so we were seated immediately. Unfortunately, it seems like the belly dancers stopped at 8:30pm, so we didn't see any of those. I got the Koobideh combo, and my friend got one of the persian rices with a chicken kebab. The Koobideh combo was great! I got a stick of chicken Koobideh as well as a skewer of beef. Persian soup - decent. interesting. Unsure if i would pay for it again though! It had beans, thin noodles, light savory broth. I added a bit of salt because it was a bit plain by itself. Portions are quite large! I only ate half and took the rest home for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014i came there with a guest and I ordered shish kabob (filet) and the food was unbelievably low quality and below my expectation. The food was salty, and really badly cooked and was not clear if it was even fresh. I am eating shish kabob quite often in different places in bay area and this was a disaster and disappointing.
- Interesting MenuRevKittehDined on 5/28/2014With 30% Italian and 70% Persian cuisine, this restaurant has a nice selection of foodie choices. The Chicken Kabob was delicious & beautifully presented on a bed of saffron rice with grilled vegetables and the Shrimp Kabob was very tasty as well. Have yet to try the Italian cuisine, but so far the Persian fare has not disappointed. Our service was above and beyond the call of duty, and the wine suggestions went quite well with our dinner choices. Will be returning for another special occasion dining experience. There happened to be a belly dancer performing adding a nice touch for entertainment, as well as Pasquale, an Italian vocalist. Atmosphere was pleasant and open. A nice addition to Redwood City's downtown Theater Way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Value Meal and ExperienceNatashaSFVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our waiter was attentive, but gave robot-like descriptions- I think he's been doing it for LONG time. The food was fresh and plentiful. I'm glad we chose this one. In a strip mall full of restaurants, this one seemed most authentic and chain-like.Special Features:
- A Good Taste of the MediterraneanZebraDined on 5/13/2014Arya's authentic cooking is amazing but what's even better, is the variety of dishes offered from all over the Mediterranean guaranteed to satisfy anyone in your group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner/BrunchChristyDined on 5/8/2014Each time we have visited the restaurant, our group was seated immediately, and that type of service continued throughout the meal. The food has a wonderful blend of flavors and makes you want to savor each bit. I also went to the Mother’s Day brunch and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 161 reviews are from the Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/22/2014Very difficult to find parking due to construction of new buildings across the streetI would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited too long for the foodBebeVIPDined on 4/19/2014Between the dishes, it took so long to come out. Especially waiting for the desserts, we had been waiting at least 20 mins and the waiter came out to tell us our orders mango panna cotta were too frozen, had to cancel. We ended up had no desserts because we had to go. One thing we think it was special and nice was we could watch the belly dance at the dinner. Other than that, I won't come back for food next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly Good Food. Some Issuessdb2VIPDined on 4/18/2014Food was mostly good. The barg (filet) was moist, tender, and perfectly cooked, though the rice is a bit moister than I like. The sharzi salad had nice bite, and did the mint chutney. The big miss was the crispy rice -- none of the sauces were very good. The waiter kindly removed it from the check, so no biggie. The live dancing was a bit distracting -- if they did one number, that would have been fine, but it went on and on, and the canned music interfered with conversation. The real concern is that I put "nut allergy" into my online reservation, and told the waiter about it. Yet the crispy rice came out with one of the sauces with walnuts. They really do need to improve training -- this could have caused serious issues.
- We went there on a SaturdaySamSVIPDined on 4/5/2014We went there on a Saturday evening at 7:00pm. The restaurant seating is cramped and crowded. Belly dancing started promptly at 7:30pm as advertised. food was good. Konstant was a good server but very busySpecial Features:
- Good, different, and fun!prymnumberVIPDined on 4/4/2014My husband was hesitant at first, but after a slight bit of arm twisting, agreed to try Arya with me. We were both very happy with the experienc! The food was good and reasonably priced; the waitor was friendly, attentive, but not over-bearing. The belly dancer was a cool bonus!Special Features:
- Overall, a very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Overall, a very nice dinner with quick attentive service and good food.. However. I was a little disappointed the host did not seem to have a record of my reservation but he was gracious enough to seat us. Also, Arya is a season sponsor for Broadway by the Bay at the Fox and all the internet and print publications coming from the theater indicate show patrons receive a 15% discount.. We asked for this offer with proof of show tickets and were declined.. when we arrived at the restauarant ,the BBB staff indicated the restaurants lack of honoring of the discount was in error..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeMichaelInSvyVIPDined on 3/20/2014The other day I met a friend for lunch at Arya. I had heard of the restaurant yet never tried it. I must say I was very pleased with everything especially the staff. Steven was very welcoming and ensured our lunch went at least as well as planned. I will definitely return to try more from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belly Dancing at night!AsianFoodieDined on 3/19/2014This was truly an eclectic mix of Persian and Italian food. Both were exceptionally presented and tasty. Can't wait to go back for the floor show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian or Italian!?RWCFoodieDined on 3/15/2014What a great find! I selected Arya because the ratings were good and it was close to the movie theatre. I had a great experience. The food was great (I can recommend the lamb kababs!) and the setting very comfortable. Steve, our server, was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I tried the regular basmatiShariVIPDined on 3/9/2014I tried the regular basmati rice today, but it does pay to order a special rice...they are definitely special! Even the cappuccino was great.
- The noise level was so greatManningDined on 3/7/2014The noise level was so great we had to ask for it to be turned down so we could hear ourselves. The staff did so immediately and the remainder of the evening couldn't have been better! The food was scrumptous, the vegetable platter was bountiful, the belly dancer was terrific and took time to have her photo taken with the birthday participant in our party. The wine list was good and our server was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fastastic stews (festajoonEthnicEaterVIPDined on 3/1/2014Fastastic stews (festajoon in particular), great rice and spinach. Side salad looked great. Attentive service made it easy to make our movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walnut pom dish the bestsmarpDined on 2/21/2014I don't remember what it was called but I loved the walnut pomegranate stew and also the rice. When we got flatbread the first time it was the best thing I'd ever had straight from the oven! The sambusa didn't seem fully cooked and I didn't love the falafel, so I probably wouldn't order the vegetarian mezze platter again, but loved the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed experiencerarelyreviewVIPDined on 2/21/2014We had a huge group of almost 20 and they easily accommodated us. There was good energy and the belly dancer was incredible, and made our friend's farewell a memorable one. Food was ok, I've had better middle eastern food. Our server was also ok. The most annoying thing was how eager they were to keep our plates without asking if we were done, even though we still had food on them. And it happened multiple times, making us feel rushed when there was more than an hour before they closed. Experiences like this often make the dining experience very unenjoyable for me.Special Features:
- The lunch menu has a wideShariVIPDined on 2/18/2014The lunch menu has a wide variety with great prices. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine weekendBoo2014Dined on 2/15/2014I wanted to do something special for my husband and eating out on the actual day of Valentine was out of the question. So after reading in the Metro I gave Arya a try, we were very pleased with the tastes and quality of the items we ordered. Next extra special occasion we will be heading back to Arya in Redwood CitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in RWC!sanmateo2014Dined on 2/7/2014We loved our experiece at Arya! Found it on Open Table and I would highly reccommend this restuarant if you want something "a little extra." Menu has a lot of variety (persian dishes, vegetarian dishes, seafood, even pizza). I had a vegetarian kebob which was excellent and my boyfriend had a chicken dish which he enjoyed. We both brought home left overs. We had a great dessert (sorbeto bombasto-something like that, which was fantastic!). The service was excellent, server had some great recommendations. The belly dancer was great and had a cute personality. Prices were reasonable for the portions. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EverybodyShariVIPDined on 2/6/2014It is a large restaurant, so you can sit in an energetic area, or you can sit in a quiet area. This is some of the best Persian food I've ever had. The owner and waiter, and rest of the staff are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would returnMAlanizDined on 2/4/2014I booked this venue for a large team dinner. They were ready for us and provided great attention to our team. The food was really good. It was a bit concerning as the WHOLE restaurant was empty (except for us) so I was worried that we would not get very good food....as mentioned above, it was pretty amazing! I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Arya Global CusiineyvonnecapVIPDined on 2/4/2014Arya is located in downtown Redwood City and is great for groups and lunch. This place often has no wait and open seating, so it is a perfect place to take a last minute group for a lunch meeting or outing. The kebabs here are pretty good. Sometimes a bit overdone, but generally good and very well seasons. The staff is nice and courteous and the outdoor seating offers a pleasant opportunity to people watch.Special Features:
- Great place to eatParentsof4Dined on 1/17/2014This was our second time at Arya's, this time we brought a friend visiting from out of town and she loved it too! Once again the food was outstanding, bursting with flavor and the atmosphere is quite magical. There was live music with a belly dancer who came by our table and spoke with us for a few minutes.Special Features:
- Artful ARYAConsumeristDined on 1/15/2014Manager and staff guided to excellent Persian dishes. The appetizer plate sand the Persian meatballs were our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Energetic VibeDCFremontDined on 1/10/2014Friday nights are the best nights to dine out at Arya. Not so crowded when we went there but has the energetic vibe from the wait staff to the entertainers of the night, especially the Belly Dancer! Always a crowd pleaser, I must say! The food is seasoned well, the wine list is decent and the desserts are fantastic! Order the combination Basmati saffron rice w/joojeh and koobideh kabab!!! Definitely, good for crowds! It will not disappoint. Gem find in Downtown Redwood City!Special Features:
- Disappointed Diners!!123DWSDined on 1/4/2014Fourth time eating at this restaurant- disappointment in the food and service. Filet Mignon was ordered medium but it came out well and was a bit tough. Salmon entrees were a bit dry and tasteless, and one had sauce on the bottom rather than on the top of the fish which would have been more tasty. Bread service should have been delivered immediately instead of coming with our appetizer. We had specified on our reservation that this was a Happy Birthday Dinner but nothing was done, nor were there any complimentary dessert. The bill took forever to come. Evening Highlight-the Belly Dancer was beautiful and talented. Told my guests that the food here was outstanding but had "egg on my face" as we were all clearly disappointed in this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, convenient to the moviesDavidDined on 1/2/2014Food was tasty and came quickly. (The place was almost deserted at the time we went.) We shared an order of pomegranite-pistachio meatballs, which we enjoyed. It was plenty for two light eaters. We also shared a beet salad (actually an ordinary lettuce salad with beet slices) which they split for us without needing to be asked. Rice was a little greasy for my taste. Service was little overly attentive.
- Parentsof4Parentsof4Dined on 12/31/2013We found Arya online and liked the menu. The hostess was very friendly and sat us right away ( we had a reservation). Our waiter was also very friendly and patient. When I couldn't decide between 2 wines, he brought me a sample of each. Everything we had was flavorful, the appetizer, salad, main course and of course dessert! We definitely will come back to try other items on the menu! And, as a vegetarian I was happy with all the choices on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.