1051 County Line Road
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristorantearugula.com/
- Phone: (215) 355-5577
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday: 4:30 pm - 9:30pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:30pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arugula Ristorante
With a unique marriage of modern design and the authentic ambiance of an old world Tuscan trattoria, we proudly invite you to experience Arugula Ristorante. Masterfully prepared, yet rustic and homemade, the menu focuses on Southern Italian cooking, specializing in fish filet at table side. Dine al fresco in our Roman inspired garden patio or enjoy our spacious dining room built around an open kitchen atmosphere and traditional wood burning stove. Arugula's list of fine wines is sure to please. We allow you to bring your own wine, with a corkage fee, and we are open seven days a week for dinner, and open for lunch Monday thru Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Arugula Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Huntingdon Valley ›
Arugula Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (16)special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (5)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great food!BobODined on 11/11/2014We always enjoy the specials offered, especially the grilled octopus, and hardly ever order from the regular menu which has wonderful selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud, louder, loudest.3240sarmientoDined on 11/8/2014We found this restaurant while getting turned down for augustos. Cost $130 for 3, with tip and no liquor. Tables so close you can share food with a stranger. Had to order everything at one time as they were on a fast pace. Too loud for talking. Best to take someone to look at.Special Features:
- Noisy and priceyAndyDined on 10/18/2014Too pricey for a noisy and closely packed seating .. Food fair and dinner for two over 100$.. Too expensive for s neighborhood place with bad lighting and ambienceSpecial Features:
- A new go-to for usLalalooooDined on 10/4/2014We had the oyster appetizer and for entrees the sea bass special and the langoustine. Everything was fresh and delicious. My husband said the langoustine was the best he's had since our trip to Barcelona! The waitstaff was on point and friendly. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great menu,service and delicious food. I love the fresh fish which is filet at table side. Great for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Ambience is currently disturbed by construction. Offers both inside and outside dining. Reliably goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014For the meal we all thought it was good but overpriced.Special Features:
- Good but not perfectSellvanDined on 9/12/2014I have had the pleasure in the past of a very delicious appetizer. I'm talking about a Tuna TarTar. however, this is not a regular on the menu. I was told in the past that I should call ahead and ask for it. They (Arugula Ristorante) assured me they would have it if asked. Unfortunately they were not correct. They had a Tuna TarTar, but it was no where near as good as before. Everything was just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kicnbacKICNBACVIPDined on 8/22/2014I am still waiting since 8/22 for the restaurant to honor my reservation so I can receive my open table points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!!excellent2dineDined on 8/9/2014Though the food is excellent the menu selections are a hit or miss. The Tuna Tartare is outstanding but they do no always have it when we go to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Out of townerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Being from out of town we are thrilled to have found Arugula! The food was fresh, delicious and tasty. The bruschetta was fantastic! We had a large group and the service was outstanding as well. Will definitely be coming back. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Good Food fair priceout2eatDined on 8/8/2014Attentive staff complimented by deliciously prepared food. Prices are fair and ambiance is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable excellenceFeastervilleDined on 7/27/2014Arugula has become our go-to restaurant for quality food and service in the area. From the warm bread and bruschetta which starts the meal through outstanding entrees and exceptional desserts, the dining experience is always reliable and rewarding. A rare place that offers to serve brought wines as well as their own excellent wine list.Special Features:
- The following 85 reviews are from the Arugula Ristorante reviews archive.
- CelebratonDined on 7/12/2014Our party added another person at the last minute; restaurant was accommodating without fanfare. Dinner was pleasant with excellent service exactly at the moments when we needed a server! My son's dessert had a 'birthday' candle added and Happy Birthday written on plate with chocolate! How nice!Special Features:
- Delightful EveningnicknameMJDDined on 7/10/2014Bright. open, cheerful! Comfortable layout with room outside in a nice setting. Menu had nice and interesting choices which when served proved to please each of us who tried our own idea. Appetizer and Salads very fresh and pleasantly served with a few breads. Great coffee to close the meal after a couple dishes of ice. One piece of chocolate/Vanilla cake was so-so at best.Special Features:
- InaIna64Dined on 7/2/2014Very elegant place with amazing service and delicious food.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodiechickVIPDined on 6/17/2014I was expecting the same quality as I just visited the recently opened sister restaurant in Plymouth Meeting and it was wonderful. I was served pizza that was over baked...and had to wait between salad and entree for 45 minutes and the place was not crowded. The salad was just ok and for the price I would have expected something presented beautifully and while everything was fresh it just lacked I know there is potential here but I was very disappointed.
- ArugulapaulaDined on 6/7/2014The food was excellent. Service was not attentive; looked like maybe not enough wait staff. Noise level was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceTeshDined on 5/24/2014Food was delicious. Octopus grilled special was one of the best octopus dishes I have ever had. Other standout items include the grilled langoustines and the penne al vodka. Very unassuming location but once you go inside you will love the ambiance.Special Features:
- mickey04Dined on 5/24/2014Service was excellant, the food was delicious. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- MgtgMgtgDined on 5/21/2014Great neighborhood place Byob or bar Good food Friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Sunday evening at ArugalafoodieDined on 4/20/2014Dinner on Easter. Not overly crowded, so not too noisy. The highlight of the evening was the food; the specials were very nicely prepped. The Octopus appetizer had a very nice wood grill aspect and the artichoke with shrimp was lace with assagio and very tasty. Our choices for entrees were seafood with pasta, both of which were delicious, rich sauce. The wine list complemented the Italian offerings and were priced fairly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to enjoy the foodConsumerDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant was the loudest one I have ever been in. I can't even remark on the food due to the discomfort of the loudness. Additionally, the tables were so close together that customers and waiters were always banging into me as they passed by. Even though there are cloth panels on the ceiling, they were of no help in absorbing the din. Try table clothes and fabric curtains, otherwise, I don't know what else can be done to reduce the noise level. The best part of the evening was walking out the door.
- WE had delicious octopus andlobster101VIPDined on 4/6/2014WE had delicious octopus and a pasta dish with shrimp and tomatoes in a wine/garlic sauce....delicious bruchetta and bread...definitely we'll be back.Special Features:
- Dinner at Arugula Huntingdon ValleyknowitallDined on 4/5/2014Overall, the evening was a very positive experience. If I had to critique anything it would be the noise level which seems to be an issue with many. The other issue was with the entree that i had ordered. It was a Seafood Pescatore over Linguini. It was a tad bit "fishy" tasting, not in a pleasant way and several of the Mussels had not opened. I wish that the kitchen would have combed over the dish before serving unopened seafood. You are paying for an entree to be eaten in it's entirety. That's a huge pet peeve of mine. Everything else was enjoyed by all! One of the best things about the restaurant, although they have a full bar, they permit you to bring your own wine or champagne (only) and there is no corkage fee,now that's a huge bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstanding, fromFoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food is outstanding, from apps to dessert. The service is attentive and friendly. Center city food for a fraction of the price.Special Features:
- yummmm...jmazz21Dined on 3/8/2014the food is delicious & the service was great! it's a little noisy on a Saturday night & the dining space in a little tight but the food makes it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the minute you walk infoodloverVIPDined on 3/8/2014From the minute you walk in it is disorganized. We had to complain to owner to be seated even with reservations. Then the appetizer came out cold even though it was on a hot plate. The veal dish was good but the pasta with oil and loads of garlic had no flavor at all , almost like eating it plain. How hard is it to make a flavorable sauce in an Italian restaurant. The manager should be tasting the sauces to see what is wrong. I asked where the sav blanc was from and they were not able to tell me and it took 15 mins to come back to table to let me know. Never go to this place on a weekend. Then to add insult they claimed I did not show up and I had to complain to get my points. Will not be back and I rec others not to go as well.
- Operational issuesJRPADined on 2/22/2014This was our third visit and Arugula still has issues with inconsistent food and major service problems. The salads were great yet a mixup caused our entrees to arrive 10 minutes apart. The salmon was served warm yet the vegetables atop it were cold. The risotto was fantastic. And then when the bill arrived, we realized the waiter totally forgot about our pasta dish that was to be served as an appetizer. The manager floats through the place but only greets those along the major aisle of tables. Three strikes, you're out.
- Nice neighborhood Italiandavid7VIPDined on 2/20/2014Brocoli rabe with sausage was especially good. Friendly, attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. AccommodatiRichDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service. Accommodating staff. Thank you!Special Features:
- Repeat customerDine4funDined on 2/4/2014Third time there and I like it better each time. Service is professional, attentive and warm. The groups I have gone with have always enjoyed all aspects of the restaurant. I look forward to returning again.
- Noise Level Not Really EnergeticjudiDined on 1/31/2014A normal conversation was practically impossible -- tables too close together (or maybe just too many for the space) -- too many people were using their "outside voice" to communicate with others at their table -- but you had to be louder than those at the next table in order to be heard! Food was very tasty and nicely presented.Special Features:
- An Unexpected Great TimeJess19026Dined on 1/25/2014We chose this place on a whim after reading the other diner's reviews and are so glad we did!! Everything about the place was far above what we expected from a restaurant this far away from the City. Food was unbelievably delicious and the waitstaff was extremely attentive. Can't wait to visit it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and serviceMaggieDined on 1/18/2014We were seated at the time of our reservation. The staff was exceptional and attentive. Our food was all served warm and at the proper temperature. We've dinned at Arugula a few times before and enjoyed it very much. This time we were with out of town guests, and frankly had a hard time hearing each other. Very high noise level. Arugula should try and do something about the acoustics. Great food but very noisey!Special Features:
- Very Good FoodKSPhillyDined on 1/14/2014We have been to Arugula's a few times for business dinners and have been very impressed with the food and service. There are not a lot of restaurants to choose from in the area, so we are happy to have found Arugula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were four for dinner. TheArugulaDined on 1/4/2014We were four for dinner. The food was excellent. All of us enjoyed our meals and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!excellent2dineDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I can only say that this restaurant is Excellent!!! The food is delicious, service is great...overall, the restaurant is definitely a place that I will going back to.Special Features:
- Family dinnerAngelDined on 1/4/2014I found this restaurant on here and it was close to home so decided to try it out with my husband and kids. My first impression when I walked in was that the decor was very nice and inviting. All of the food was very good. My husband got steak and I got fish which came out whole and was filleted table side. They did not have a children's menu but offered chicken fingers with fries, pizza or pasta as options for the kids. The kids shared pizza and chicken fingers and fries, which they all enjoyed. The children's food came out right away but we waited a really long time for our entrees to come out. It was about 45 minutes after we were seated before we got our entrees. That would be the only bad thing we experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveGammieDined on 12/31/2013First time at Arugula. Food was very good. Good size portions for entrees but appetizers were small. Noisy level was distracting but there were several large parties which contributed to people talking rather loud. Allover good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.