1535 14th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://artusibar.com/
- Phone: 2066782516x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-12:00am
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Stratton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Artusi
Artusi is a modern seasonal Italian restaurant and bar crafted under the direction of award-winning chef Jason Stratton.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Artusi reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (11)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (10)special occasion (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We love this place for a great chefs tasting menu style date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great night out. Roasted broccoli in bread crumbs, then a pasta carbonara to die for ( they 0ffer small portions) and a delicate brothy sturgeon with the bite so black olives. Great martinis.Special Features:
- dougieDined on 10/9/2014Great occasion, attentive and informative service, really liked the quail with anchovies. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weeknight early dinnersea10Dined on 10/6/2014We made a reservation at 5pm for four on a Monday evening. The ambiance was perfect, quiet enough to have a dinner conversation over a wonderful meal. The server that night was attentive and helpful. The Happy hour wine was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinghueyDined on 9/28/2014Service was simply outstanding, and paired perfectly with food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous evening at ArtusiJojoDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed everything we had. Beets, beans, eggplant, octopus, pasta and desert. Lovely wait staff and very knowledgeable on the wines. Loved sharing the starters. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EurostyleEuroseatteliteDined on 8/30/2014Wonderfully creative cocktails, delicious dishes, unusual spirits and super friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a bit sparseeatnwalkDined on 8/27/2014There were 4 of us in our party and we had the tasting menu which was about 7 courses of very tasty and creative food. We also had a bottle of wine, which was excellent, selected by the wine steward because they were out of the wine we ordered. The portions seemed quite small for four people so that it felt like we just got a taste of each course, which may be the intent of the tasting menu but left us a little frustrated.Special Features:
- Just OKhatedoingdishesVIPDined on 8/11/2014Had high hopes in trying out this place. Came away somewhat disappointed. Service was pretty uneven despite the fact that the restaurant was not half full on a weekday. However, the biggest disappointment was the menu. It was fairly limited - I'd say no more than five entree selections and I had a hard time getting excited about any of them. Ultimately went for a ravioli which tasted OK, but who's presentation was really unimaginative. For $50/person, it was really quite surprising. Maybe caught them on a bad night, but in a city with many great dining choices, this will not be on my "return" list.
- Italian. Creative. Flavorful.tslusk0501Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed the restaurant and the plates we dined on. It was fun to sit at the kitchen counter and converse with the chefs while they plated some amazing dishes. Great wine selections, good value on the dishes, and amazing menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original food, lovely ambienceFrequentdinerDined on 7/3/2014What a great little place - with food options that are absolutely deilicious and creative, too. Small venue, great cocktails and nice Italian options for wines.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the Artusi reviews archive.
- Dinner for four on a SundayAzarDined on 6/29/2014With good friends, we grazed through multiple shared plates and really enjoyed the food. Also, the wine list was fun to try and our server could explain a bit about each wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nk2014Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful, inventive dishes and great ambiance. We enjoyed our date night here :)Special Features:
- Fun and good for conversationsoireequeenDined on 6/14/2014We had a group of 6 on Saturday night. The tables are small so we were fairly tightly packed in. Highly impressed with the acoustics, they've obviously taken steps to dampen the noise so guests can actually converse. Our appetizers were excellent (the asparagus and parmesean) as was the cauliflower ravioli (my husband had the lamb neck and he loved it). We had a great time, food was delivered timely and was quite tasty. My friend had the "slushie" and it was divine. The only slightly odd thing for me, as the designated driver, was that I couldn't order a Diet Coke, a hot cocoa or a cup of tea.Special Features:
- First time to ArtusimacmonroeDined on 6/9/2014We had heard about this restaurant from a few people so were looking forward to trying it. I made reservations on Open Table and as we were preparing to go we got a call saying they actually didn't have a table and we'd have to sit at the bar. The bar was fine as it turns out most of the seating is at one of 2 bars. I did the anniversay dinner (6 courses) with the wine flight and my wife and her friend ordered off the menu. The food was great but took forevvvverrrr. It was a 3 hour dinner not because we were taking our time, more because of a slow kitchen. The menu is NOT your typical Italian so check the menu before you go. So, I liked it and would go back but would plan on making an evening of it there.
- Casual Foodie SpotmizmemmyDined on 5/24/2014Like many of their first time patrons, we found ourselves at Artusi because Spinasse was booked solid. We were attending a show at 7, so had to dine early and as a result were the first ones through the door. The service was top notch, the cocktails were original and tasty and the food was delicious. We’ll be back!Special Features:
- ArtusiPastalavistababyVIPDined on 5/23/2014I love this place. I ordered a pasta dish. It was unusual and glorious and is made in the mother-ship restaurant it is connected to: Cucina Spinasse. I like their unusal innovative creative ingredients. It is the best pasta I've had anywhere better than in N.Y.C. and ofcourse some places are quite good, This is even and even better than Italy. Artusi (by Spinasse) and Spinasse are the best. At Artusi I had this wonderful pasta with a rhubarb marinara and vodka sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt heavyJor3Dined on 5/17/2014Service was great but everyone's dinner was extremely salty!Special Features:
- Love this placeseattlefoodieDined on 5/11/2014So glad I live only a few blocks away - my husband and I have really enjoyed the food and wine here, and the staff are very cool. I could see this becoming a regular haunt - maybe I shouldn't give it good reviews, so it won't become too crowded for us to drop in whenever we feel like it! But I want them to do well, because the food and service deserve it. Don't miss the fresh baked cookie for dessert.Special Features:
- Not for mejalapenoVIPDined on 5/3/2014I know I'm in the minority here, but my palate is not designed for this place. Girlfriend and I had two entrees and neither of us could tolerate either. Now, I know that people love this place, but I honestly couldn't stomach neither the broccoli ravioli nor the sardine sauce rigatoni. Now even though I did not enjoy the food, the atmosphere was an interestingly casual, yet fine dining. The service was fantastic. I've honestly never had a waiter do a better job. He was incredibly knowledgeable, and vconcerned with us enjoying our meals. When he noticed that we hadn't eaten our entrees he immediately insisted we try something different so we would leave happy. Best waiter ever and a cool place - we just didn't enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Let the chef guide youchb0otDined on 4/26/2014Frequently when I go to someplace entirely new I go with a chef tasting tour. They always want to put on their best face and this takes the guess work out of it. I have had better but this was all pretty. Good. Pasta with Sardines was great as was the lemon tartSpecial Features:
- Could not go--w our 12 year oldLayniacVIPDined on 4/24/2014We were disappointed as we could not eat at Artusi. We got there with our 12 year old and were told that 12 year olds can't dine there. Not sure how that could get clearly communicated to someone reserving but it would be very helpful.Special Features:
- jen p @ artusijuliegDined on 4/23/2014The wait staff was very accommodating. The wine list was great. The food was quite tasty. The best part was that we were allowed to get through our cocktails and food at our own pace--no rush.Special Features:
- Fabulousjrap0VIPDined on 4/23/2014Wonderful inventive dishes (12 or so for $ 45), innovative cocktails, thoughtful attentive service! Good wine list with fair prices. Had the 4 course tasting menu and could't finish everything, hated to leave it. Three hours of bliss.Special Features:
- LoveSohoVIPDined on 4/19/2014Honestly, the place is not much to look at, so we were a little nervous when we got there. In addition, the menu is somewhat limited. That said, we had a great night. The drinks were fabulous, service wonderful and the food was really outstanding. Everything we have was wonderful.
- A Romantic Date Night!SilverDined on 4/15/2014The host suggested sitting at the bar overlooking the kitchen, and we had a great time talking food with the chef. Everyone was genuinely enthusiastic about their work. We let the chef choose our food and weren't disappointed! We will be looking for opportunities to introduce our friends to Artusi, and to try it's sister restaurant next door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, the food was greatSEAdinnerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Overall, the food was great but service was perfunctory. The server never asked us if we want a second drink.
- Truly amazingErnstBlofeldVIPDined on 3/24/2014Artusi has come out from the shadow of big brother Spinasse. Adam and Shattuck will take care of your bar needs whilst a team of magicians create delicious food from the small kitchen. It's worth sitting at the stools that overlook the open kitchen...it's theater that competes with the best of Broadway! Love love love Artusi!Special Features:
- Artusi is sooooo yummyKristenDined on 3/15/2014We are so lucky to have such a fantastic spot to bring out of town guests to that is not downtown. The beet salad and sweetbread starters rocked my world... and I work in the food industry, so I'm not easily rocked! We enjoyed a reasonably priced bottle of wine and had perfectly mixed drinks before dinner. I love the ambience - cozy with out feeling crowded. Our entrees were fantastic too, if a little long in arriving to the table. Had they honored our 8pm reservation time (we didn't get seated until 9pm) and kept our wine glasses full I'd've happily given 5 stars to this Cap Hill gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.