Arturo's Uptown Italiano
1180-1 Uptown Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Arturo's Uptown Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arturosuptown.com/
- Phone: 7136211180x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Seles Romero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7136211180x
A word from Arturo's Uptown Italiano
Dining at elegant Arturo’s Uptown Italiano is like a visit to the romantic hillside cafes of Tuscany. Arturo’s will charm you with the warmth of Old Italy and astound you with Chef Seles Romero's delicious flavors. Dine on the open air covered patio or in the beautiful stone and wood interior. Ravioli with crab meat, salmon with a mustard dill sauce, savory eggplant parmigiana, spicy penne pasta and Italian sausage -all are now Houston classics. From the extensive wine list to the friendly hostesses and the helpful waitstaff, all the pieces are in place to make your visit to Arturo's a most wonderful experience. The acoustics are designed to allow pleasant table conversation and there is ample free parking as well as valet. Come for the charm of Old Italy -we look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Arturo's Uptown Italiano - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Arturo's Uptown Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (97)special occasion (91)great for outdoor dining (65)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (58)great for lunch (55)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (46)great for brunch (40)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (23)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Always OnmarknbellaireDined on 8/30/2014Although we like to try new restaurants, Arturos seems to be a return favorite for us. Food, service, and atmosphere always spot on. This year's restaurant week offerings were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Arturo's is a fabulous restaurant--one of Houston's best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Excellent...AlwaysDeliciousVIPDined on 8/29/2014Have dined at this restaurant in the past, and it is generally excellent, however this time the service was horrible. The waiter barely paid attention to us, the bus boy basically waited our table. When we paid, I slipped the bus boy the majority of the tip, and later found the waiter loudly complaining about our lack of a tip to him on our way out. Very disappointing service from a restaurant which is generally excellent. The food however, was great as always.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchRomneypolDined on 8/29/2014We had a chance to visit and experience this more upscale well known restaurant for the HRW and we enjoyed it beyond our expectations. You just have to try it, no BUT's at all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never beenIjb1Dined on 8/28/2014I had never been neither did my friends. Very well received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We have used Arturo's for many business dinners because the service is impeccable, the food is great and we can converse easily enough that we don't have to shout. This evening was as good as the rest. They have added a private dining room that seats 30 and we will be using that. Our company highly recommends Arturo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried for Restaurant WeekIATravelerDined on 8/25/2014I went to Arturo's for their restaurant week menu. The food was great although the 2nd course (prosciutto) wasn't too exciting. Otherwise I enjoyed the meal, ambiance, and the wine selection.Special Features:
- Falling shortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The meal was not worth the price. We sat outside and were the only table on the patio. The service suffered greatly. Our waiter forgot my wife's drink for 10 min. Also forgot an appetizer. The food was decent, but my wife ordered fish and it was bland.
- LuvgoodfoodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014Great Italian food. Service was very good. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch with a friend and his wife. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was excellent! Bottomless mimosas were quite nice as well.Special Features:
- 5 StarslarrynmarthaDined on 8/22/2014We take advantage of Houston Restaurant Weeks to find new restaurants that might not otherwise be on our radar. Boy, did we score big with Arturo's! Amazing food, friendly, first-class service. All four courses were delicious and perfectly prepared. We both had the pork chop for our main course and agreed it was the best we've ever had, hands-down. Put Arturo's on your short list of places to try if you haven't been there already. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family experiencejp007Dined on 8/22/2014My family came here for Houston Restaurant Week and had an absolute blast. Our favorites were the veal ravioli and eggplant parm. I loved the lobster ravioli as well. The porkchops were HUGE, as was the tuna steak. Amazingly we finished all our food except for one slice of tiramisu. The creme brulee and the sorbetto were also divine! My parents are already planning to go again :)Special Features:
- AwesomeDivineDined on 8/22/2014This was a very nice restaurant this was my first time going and I enjoyed it!!!! The food was awesome!!!! I will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Friend Told Us . . .SuburbsDined on 8/20/2014. . . to try Arturo's and we were more than pleased. The Branzino sea bass and the redfish were perfect, as was the spinach and avocado soup. I didn't know something that healthy could taste so good! Our server was polite and helpful and the place is beautiful. They were full, but we were able to hear each other easily. We are going back for brunch -this may be our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Have eaten here on many occasions and find the food very good and the atmosphere lovely. Will return.Special Features:
- Good FoodButtercupDined on 8/16/2014The food is really good here, glad I discovered it because of restaurant week.Special Features:
- Not impressedAverageDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant seems to be past its prime. Our waiter was excellent, but the food was below average. The main course came out too soon and was taken back. We believe it might have been placed under heat lamps because by the time we got it, it seemed dried out. The meal was not impressive at all. We did restaurant week and the four courses were below average in taste.
- Great Restaurant Weeks menuCouplesniteoutDined on 8/15/2014Great stuffed raviolis, great pork chop. WOW on the crème brulee. A little noisy at our 1st table so they accommodated us by moving us.Special Features:
- 3/4 perfectnizzannDined on 8/15/2014We went to take advantage of the HRW menu, and they offered a 4-course menu. Three of the courses were among the best dishes Id ever had at a restaurant, but one was only so-so. The salad, the veal ravioli appetizer, and the creme brulee were absolutely excellent; the main course, unfortunately, was only average. Each member of my party ordered a different selection for each course, and surprisingly we all felt the same -- our non-main courses were great, but none of us were excited about our main. Staff was attentive, and the ambience was nice.Special Features:
- The First ReviewFromLubbockDined on 8/15/2014We heard good things about Arturo's and were very pleased with our dinner. Hubby ordered off the menu and I had the HRW menu. The food was of good quality, fresh and well prepared. They have an excellent menu. Our waiter was helpful in choosing a good wine. The room is beautiful and so were the people around us. It is busy, so reservations are a good idea. We made one on the way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantmrnavinoDined on 8/12/2014We went here for restaurant week and it was pretty great. Excellent service. Great food. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Restaurant week:First Stop Arturo'sQuest4yumDined on 8/12/2014This was my first visit to Arturo's in the Uptown Galleria area of Houston. The restaurant itself is very beautiful and the greet staff was very nice. However, once we were seated for about 20 minutes, a couple of wait staff approached our table to tell us that our wait staff will be coming. Unfortunately throughout the night, we have to request several times for different things - menus, bread, asking for simply for fresh ground pepper ... It was almost like our wait staff was in training. Training anyone is fine because we all have to learn, however it would have been noce if the restaurant would have informed us that the wait staff was training. Perhaps it could have been a busy night, but the service definately affected my review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good TimeDrTurnerDined on 8/12/2014The place was packed, as usual, and we had to wait a bit for our table, but everyone was nice and we didn't mind having a drink at the bar. At the table service was good and the food was delicious. I had a great steak and my girl had a big soup dish that was really good. Another good thing is that the noise level wasn't too high. I highly recommend Arturo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was nice. The food was good. The entire family enjoyed what they ordered.
- Brunch Is DeliciousLatinLegalChefVIPDined on 8/10/2014Went for restaurant week brunch menu. The crab and shrimp omelet, filled with spinach as well, is fluffy and soft and delicious. Best restaurant week value I have been to so far! Thank you Arturo's for supporting a good cause. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Went during HRW and will returnTravelingguyDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had never been here before. We did try the HRW menu for our visit. My wife ordered the Tuna and was impressed on how it was done right. My motto "happy wife, happy life". This passed her requirements so we will return.Special Features:
- always very good foodMysticrockDined on 8/9/2014the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu is a real treat - excellent selection and delicious.Special Features:
- Overall great experience2blackdotsDined on 8/8/2014We go to Arturo's periodically, but always during Houston Restaurant Weeks. Unlike some participants, Arturo's includes a number of their higher priced items on the Restaurant Week menu and it is 4 courses instead of three. So it's a great value and the food is excellent. Our service has always been good and they don't push the more expensive wines. Will probably go at least once more this month.Special Features:
- We Took ClientsInsurersDined on 8/8/2014We chose Arturo's for an important dinner because the acoustics let us converse without having to shout. They were busy, but the dinner went perfectly. The food was outstanding (Sea Bass!) and the waiter was efficient and personable without intruding on our meeting. Arturo's gets it right again. Our Favorite in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Thanks to Houston Restaurant Week I uncovered this hidden gem. There are not enough restaurants with outdoor seating in Houston. The green space next to the patio is beautiful. It was also very comfortable sitting under the fans even at noon in August! The food was superb which will keep us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3TimesUptownJonesDined on 8/4/2014We have had two dinners and one HRW brunch and very pleased with all. Branzino at dinner and Pancake Lasagna for brunch. Excellent! They had a good crowd each time but we could still easily carry on conversation. Thank you! Returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchthanksgivingDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed Houston Restaurant Week Brunch. Every course was delicious. Service was attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRichardVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had such a lovely brunch. Quality ingredients, well prepared. We particularly liked the smoked salmon with poached egg on wheat pancakes.Special Features:
- Not best restaurant week option...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Caught brunch here for restaurant week. The hash browns were dry and nearly burnt ...the bread was dry... sad omelet... definitely did not live up to the lowered price tag. It was a sad experience for a restaurant week first timer.Special Features:
- Delicious Food!SteakAficionadoDined on 8/2/2014We came here for Restaurant Weeks with some friends and it was so delicious! I will definitely come back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchJbrayVIPDined on 8/1/2014Went to Arturo's for Restaurant Week's Lunch and it was such a pleasure. The entire experience was first-rate from food to service. I used to eat here on a regular basis and will be doing so again soon. The veal ravioli was a great start, followed by grilled tuna--prepared just right with fresh veggies on the side. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- pevishPevishDined on 8/1/2014If you haven't been to Arturo's in a while, you'll be surprised on your next visit. The service we superior and the menu has been updated with several new tasty entrees. This is a favorite of mine for business lunches and the Friday I was there it was completely full so I would recommend a reservation though the patio was completely open. In cooler weather I'm sure the patio will be the same.Special Features:
- Always goodGregSDined on 7/31/2014Arturo's never fails to please me. From the food, to the service, to their accomodating nature, it is a consistently pleasing experience.
- First VisitFrombigDDined on 7/31/2014My son recommended Arturo's and my husband and I were very pleased with our experience. First, it is not overly loud, which we really appreciate. Then the food was delicious and the server, hostess and manager were friendly and helpful. We shall return and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb, as alwaysSergeDined on 7/29/2014I've been going to Arturo's for a few years. It is an excellent restaurantSpecial Features: