Arturo's Uptown Italiano
1180-1 Uptown Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Arturo's Uptown Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arturosuptown.com/
- Phone: 7136211180x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Seles Romero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7136211180x
A word from Arturo's Uptown Italiano
Dining at elegant Arturo’s Uptown Italiano is like a visit to the romantic hillside cafes of Tuscany. Arturo’s will charm you with the warmth of Old Italy and astound you with Chef Seles Romero's delicious flavors. Dine on the open air covered patio or in the beautiful stone and wood interior. Ravioli with crab meat, salmon with a mustard dill sauce, savory eggplant parmigiana, spicy penne pasta and Italian sausage -all are now Houston classics. From the extensive wine list to the friendly hostesses and the helpful waitstaff, all the pieces are in place to make your visit to Arturo's a most wonderful experience. The acoustics are designed to allow pleasant table conversation and there is ample free parking as well as valet. Come for the charm of Old Italy -we look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Arturo's Uptown Italiano - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Arturo's Uptown Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (90)special occasion (90)fit for foodies (71)great for outdoor dining (66)great for lunch (61)neighborhood gem (61)notable wine list (55)good for groups (49)great for brunch (41)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (22)late-night find (10)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Our Favorite Italian Spot in townKL11Dined on 9/26/2014The title says it all. Great food, great service. We always enjoy our meals there.Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerTouristDined on 9/26/2014The large outdoor veranda seating was wonderful for one of those rare opportunities to sit outside in Houston. The shrimp and scallops with risotto was dry, overcooked and very disappointing. The pork chop, on the other hand, was quite good. In all, we felt the restaurant is overpriced for mediocre food. The wine list was also pricey. The service was very satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why I keep coming back!ElizabethLDined on 9/23/2014This is where I go every few months with. Y sister for dinner. Without fail, the service is excellent and the food is divine. Since we are both watching our weight, we started with the yummy gazpacho and the. Had the pan seared trout for our entree. It was magnificent! The lemon caper butter sauce with jumbo lump crab meat on top was not exactly diet food, but it was glorious and neither of us felt that we had strayed too far from our diet goals. Arturo's consistently yields a delicious meal, superb service and relaxed atmosphere. Such a gem!Special Features:
- Neighborhood JewelRWH123VIPDined on 9/22/2014This was my first time there and it was wonderful. We went on a Monday night and the service was excellent. We were not rushed and were able to enjoy each other company before ordering. I will be going back many times as it really is a neighborhood jewel. Next time we will eat outside.Special Features:
- Excellent for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2014Arturo's Uptown Italiano is my "go to" for important business lunches. Whether you are sitting in the cool of the ac or under the generously proportioned al fresco dining area, you will enjoy excellent Italian cuisine, and friendly, attentive service. When the restaurant is full, it can be a bit noisy, but if your Open Table reservation includes a request a table for a quiet corner, the noise is less noticeable. For a light, special dessert, surprise your guests with an order of the creme brulee "spoons"-- order two to three "spoons" per person at your table. They are just the right ending to a delicious meal and (hopefully!) a successful business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was o.k.lucky2dineoutDined on 9/20/2014For the price we felt the quality of food and our dining experience was just o.k. The entrees were served before the waiter realized he forgot to bring the salad. Food was bland. This was our first experience at Arturo's. We'll try another restaurant next time.Special Features:
- Great food!!SweetTexDined on 9/19/2014We had a lovely time at Arturo's. Very comfy, private table. Great, friendly, attentive service (although the service was a little slow in the beginning, but it picked up later). But, mostly, the food here is consistently delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Big NightBackintownDined on 9/15/2014Six of us came from around the country for an important business dinner. The food was excellent and well served by our waiter. The room was busy but no one at our table had to shout -good acoustics. Everyone was impressed with Arturo's and we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, quiet and relaxingRadioprinceVIPDined on 9/10/2014The veal ravioli and the lump crab ravioli were awesome. It was so relaxing and quiet. Very romantic and allowed us to talk without yelling! Server was a little busy but was excellent when he finally had time for us.Special Features:
- SpecialHankDined on 9/7/2014Great day. I had a date with a girl I knew 40 years ago. We promised we would see each other in 4 decades. Went on to marry others but kept our promise! We were not rushed, service great, not overly doting. Left us to talk about our lives and it was great. Thank you guys! Hank taylorSpecial Features:
- Great Southern Italian cuisineGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 9/6/2014Menu is somewhat dated, but food is simply delicious. Our table had four mains, all of which were outstanding, and included Pistachio-crusted lamb chops (as good as we've ever tasted); pan-seared redfish with artichokes and tomatoes; black truffle scallops and shrimp; and lobster tail pescatore and papardelle. Wine list is primarily Italian, but very reasonably priced (there are plenty of non-Italian wines, as well). For dessert, the Key Lime Pie was as good as any in the city, and the pistachio gelato is the best we've tasted outside Italy. However, we found it offensive that the valet parker literally took up every single spot in an otherwise empty lot, forcing every patron to pay $5 to park.Special Features:
- long time customerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014I am a long time customer but disappointed w recent menu changes. Used to have a great piece of trout, healthfully done. I had spaghetti fra diavolo at waiters suggestion. Awful. No spice, fat spaghetti, tough lobster and calimari. Will go again as service and ambiance are great. Get the brazino special. It is always great-dont know why they don't sell that instead of fra diavolo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent VisitBackintownDined on 9/2/2014We had not been to Arturo's in a long time and we pleasantly surprised great improvements in the food. Much fresher and of higher quality than four years ago. Everything we had was excellent as was service. This has become one of the best restaurants in Houston. I am now planning a business dinner there. Great food and a soft noise room make it hard to resist.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WWonka707Dined on 8/31/2014It was a pleasant Sunday brunch experience at Arturo's; quiet, sophisticated, but not stuffy; friendly, attentive service, and the brunch selection - for the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu, was just varied enough, and delicious, and well worth the money.Special Features:
- Always OnmarknbellaireDined on 8/30/2014Although we like to try new restaurants, Arturos seems to be a return favorite for us. Food, service, and atmosphere always spot on. This year's restaurant week offerings were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the food and service!AggiegirlDined on 8/30/2014Arturo's is a fabulous restaurant--one of Houston's best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Excellent...AlwaysDeliciousVIPDined on 8/29/2014Have dined at this restaurant in the past, and it is generally excellent, however this time the service was horrible. The waiter barely paid attention to us, the bus boy basically waited our table. When we paid, I slipped the bus boy the majority of the tip, and later found the waiter loudly complaining about our lack of a tip to him on our way out. Very disappointing service from a restaurant which is generally excellent. The food however, was great as always.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchRomneypolDined on 8/29/2014We had a chance to visit and experience this more upscale well known restaurant for the HRW and we enjoyed it beyond our expectations. You just have to try it, no BUT's at all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never beenIjb1Dined on 8/28/2014I had never been neither did my friends. Very well received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerBizCorpDined on 8/27/2014We have used Arturo's for many business dinners because the service is impeccable, the food is great and we can converse easily enough that we don't have to shout. This evening was as good as the rest. They have added a private dining room that seats 30 and we will be using that. Our company highly recommends Arturo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArturosHugoVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great place. The service, Diego, the best helper in town. Great personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried for Restaurant WeekIATravelerDined on 8/25/2014I went to Arturo's for their restaurant week menu. The food was great although the 2nd course (prosciutto) wasn't too exciting. Otherwise I enjoyed the meal, ambiance, and the wine selection.Special Features:
- Falling shortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The meal was not worth the price. We sat outside and were the only table on the patio. The service suffered greatly. Our waiter forgot my wife's drink for 10 min. Also forgot an appetizer. The food was decent, but my wife ordered fish and it was bland.
- LuvgoodfoodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014Great Italian food. Service was very good. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch with a friend and his wife. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was excellent! Bottomless mimosas were quite nice as well.Special Features:
- 5 StarslarrynmarthaDined on 8/22/2014We take advantage of Houston Restaurant Weeks to find new restaurants that might not otherwise be on our radar. Boy, did we score big with Arturo's! Amazing food, friendly, first-class service. All four courses were delicious and perfectly prepared. We both had the pork chop for our main course and agreed it was the best we've ever had, hands-down. Put Arturo's on your short list of places to try if you haven't been there already. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family experiencejp007Dined on 8/22/2014My family came here for Houston Restaurant Week and had an absolute blast. Our favorites were the veal ravioli and eggplant parm. I loved the lobster ravioli as well. The porkchops were HUGE, as was the tuna steak. Amazingly we finished all our food except for one slice of tiramisu. The creme brulee and the sorbetto were also divine! My parents are already planning to go again :)Special Features:
- AwesomeDivineDined on 8/22/2014This was a very nice restaurant this was my first time going and I enjoyed it!!!! The food was awesome!!!! I will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Friend Told Us . . .SuburbsDined on 8/20/2014. . . to try Arturo's and we were more than pleased. The Branzino sea bass and the redfish were perfect, as was the spinach and avocado soup. I didn't know something that healthy could taste so good! Our server was polite and helpful and the place is beautiful. They were full, but we were able to hear each other easily. We are going back for brunch -this may be our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Have eaten here on many occasions and find the food very good and the atmosphere lovely. Will return.Special Features:
- Good FoodButtercupDined on 8/16/2014The food is really good here, glad I discovered it because of restaurant week.Special Features:
- Not impressedAverageDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant seems to be past its prime. Our waiter was excellent, but the food was below average. The main course came out too soon and was taken back. We believe it might have been placed under heat lamps because by the time we got it, it seemed dried out. The meal was not impressive at all. We did restaurant week and the four courses were below average in taste.
- Great Restaurant Weeks menuCouplesniteoutDined on 8/15/2014Great stuffed raviolis, great pork chop. WOW on the crème brulee. A little noisy at our 1st table so they accommodated us by moving us.Special Features:
- 3/4 perfectnizzannDined on 8/15/2014We went to take advantage of the HRW menu, and they offered a 4-course menu. Three of the courses were among the best dishes Id ever had at a restaurant, but one was only so-so. The salad, the veal ravioli appetizer, and the creme brulee were absolutely excellent; the main course, unfortunately, was only average. Each member of my party ordered a different selection for each course, and surprisingly we all felt the same -- our non-main courses were great, but none of us were excited about our main. Staff was attentive, and the ambience was nice.Special Features:
- The First ReviewFromLubbockDined on 8/15/2014We heard good things about Arturo's and were very pleased with our dinner. Hubby ordered off the menu and I had the HRW menu. The food was of good quality, fresh and well prepared. They have an excellent menu. Our waiter was helpful in choosing a good wine. The room is beautiful and so were the people around us. It is busy, so reservations are a good idea. We made one on the way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantmrnavinoDined on 8/12/2014We went here for restaurant week and it was pretty great. Excellent service. Great food. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Restaurant week:First Stop Arturo'sQuest4yumDined on 8/12/2014This was my first visit to Arturo's in the Uptown Galleria area of Houston. The restaurant itself is very beautiful and the greet staff was very nice. However, once we were seated for about 20 minutes, a couple of wait staff approached our table to tell us that our wait staff will be coming. Unfortunately throughout the night, we have to request several times for different things - menus, bread, asking for simply for fresh ground pepper ... It was almost like our wait staff was in training. Training anyone is fine because we all have to learn, however it would have been noce if the restaurant would have informed us that the wait staff was training. Perhaps it could have been a busy night, but the service definately affected my review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good TimeDrTurnerDined on 8/12/2014The place was packed, as usual, and we had to wait a bit for our table, but everyone was nice and we didn't mind having a drink at the bar. At the table service was good and the food was delicious. I had a great steak and my girl had a big soup dish that was really good. Another good thing is that the noise level wasn't too high. I highly recommend Arturo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was nice. The food was good. The entire family enjoyed what they ordered.
- Brunch Is DeliciousLatinLegalChefVIPDined on 8/10/2014Went for restaurant week brunch menu. The crab and shrimp omelet, filled with spinach as well, is fluffy and soft and delicious. Best restaurant week value I have been to so far! Thank you Arturo's for supporting a good cause. I will definitely be back.Special Features: