Arturo's Uptown Italiano
1180-1 Uptown Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Arturo's Uptown Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arturosuptown.com/
- Phone: 7136211180x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Seles Romero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7136211180x
A word from Arturo's Uptown Italiano
Dining at elegant Arturo’s Uptown Italiano is like a visit to the romantic hillside cafes of Tuscany. Arturo’s will charm you with the warmth of Old Italy and astound you with Chef Seles Romero's delicious flavors. Dine on the open air covered patio or in the beautiful stone and wood interior. Ravioli with crab meat, salmon with a mustard dill sauce, savory eggplant parmigiana, spicy penne pasta and Italian sausage -all are now Houston classics. From the extensive wine list to the friendly hostesses and the helpful waitstaff, all the pieces are in place to make your visit to Arturo's a most wonderful experience. The acoustics are designed to allow pleasant table conversation and there is ample free parking as well as valet. Come for the charm of Old Italy -we look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Arturo's Uptown Italiano - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Arturo's Uptown Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (77)fit for foodies (63)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (54)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (46)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (32)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (17)late-night find (10)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Always GoodMemorialResidentVIPDined on 10/21/2014I dine here for lunch 1-2 per month and the food is always very good. Fresh, light, appropriate portions. Service is always flawless.Special Features:
- Good restaurantMaryDined on 10/18/2014The food was really delicious. The service was very good and the atmosphere was quiet and nice.Special Features:
- Great Food and Good ServiceChrisVDined on 10/18/2014Great Food and Good Service...............................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Ahhhhmazing Mussels!LvGoodFoodDined on 10/17/2014Our server Diego was tremendous and the ambiance was fitting. Great date night. Mussels were delish and the bufalo mozzarella was perfectly pulled to accompany the caprese salad. Only conplaint is the flavor profile of the lobster ravioli. Too much on the sweet side- needs a savory component. It had sweet corn in the ravioli and amidst the garnish with the lobster. Vodka cream sauce is too sweet. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back AgainKarzDined on 10/15/2014We have eaten here many time and will continue to do so. This a fine establishment. Parking is easy, the ambiance is warm and pleasant, you can hear your companions easily, the staff is very good and the food is delicious. Arturo's is definitely in the top five restaurants in Houston. From simple pasta to the spectacular sea bass they prepare table side, everything is as it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Expensive WineFriNiteFoodieDined on 10/10/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with a nice terrace which, as is too often the case in Houston, overlooks the parking lot. Still on a pleasant evening it is nice and affords good car and people watching. The food choices are varied and excellent. The wine list is expensive with far more wines priced above $100 than below. This was my 4th visit in the past couple of years. I would probably go more often if it weren't so difficult to find a wine with a price that doesn't put me off. Despite having a very large parking lot shared by businesses which are closed at night, one is obligated to use valet parking at a flat fee of $5. This is petty larceny as far as I am concerned an is off-putting. My visits will continue to be few and far between.Special Features:
- ExcellentPeggyH10Dined on 10/10/2014Although I did not order an entree, I was extremely pleased with everything I DID order. Wine was wonderful, appetizers and soup was excellent. Service was just as good. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneOpentableVIPVIPDined on 10/8/2014Accommodating... we were late and added a person. Food was excellent. Great veal chop and saltimbocca. Well worth the choice..Special Features:
- Becoming a habitBackintownDined on 9/30/2014The hubby and I dine here often and it is becoming our favorite place as we get to know it better. I love the sea bass they prepare at the table and he goes for either the steak or veal chop special. He says it is the best in town. Pastas are great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundKarzDined on 9/30/2014We were in on Tuesday night and it was packed, but the noise level wasn't annoying -we could talk. The food was wonderful! Six of us had about everything on the menu and there wasn't a miss. Our waiter was very good as was the wine list. Coming back for the third round this weekend.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Italian Spot in townKL11VIPDined on 9/26/2014The title says it all. Great food, great service. We always enjoy our meals there.Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerTouristDined on 9/26/2014The large outdoor veranda seating was wonderful for one of those rare opportunities to sit outside in Houston. The shrimp and scallops with risotto was dry, overcooked and very disappointing. The pork chop, on the other hand, was quite good. In all, we felt the restaurant is overpriced for mediocre food. The wine list was also pricey. The service was very satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why I keep coming back!ElizabethLDined on 9/23/2014This is where I go every few months with. Y sister for dinner. Without fail, the service is excellent and the food is divine. Since we are both watching our weight, we started with the yummy gazpacho and the. Had the pan seared trout for our entree. It was magnificent! The lemon caper butter sauce with jumbo lump crab meat on top was not exactly diet food, but it was glorious and neither of us felt that we had strayed too far from our diet goals. Arturo's consistently yields a delicious meal, superb service and relaxed atmosphere. Such a gem!Special Features:
- Neighborhood JewelRWH123VIPDined on 9/22/2014This was my first time there and it was wonderful. We went on a Monday night and the service was excellent. We were not rushed and were able to enjoy each other company before ordering. I will be going back many times as it really is a neighborhood jewel. Next time we will eat outside.Special Features:
- Excellent for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2014Arturo's Uptown Italiano is my "go to" for important business lunches. Whether you are sitting in the cool of the ac or under the generously proportioned al fresco dining area, you will enjoy excellent Italian cuisine, and friendly, attentive service. When the restaurant is full, it can be a bit noisy, but if your Open Table reservation includes a request a table for a quiet corner, the noise is less noticeable. For a light, special dessert, surprise your guests with an order of the creme brulee "spoons"-- order two to three "spoons" per person at your table. They are just the right ending to a delicious meal and (hopefully!) a successful business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was o.k.lucky2dineoutDined on 9/20/2014For the price we felt the quality of food and our dining experience was just o.k. The entrees were served before the waiter realized he forgot to bring the salad. Food was bland. This was our first experience at Arturo's. We'll try another restaurant next time.Special Features:
- Great food!!SweetTexDined on 9/19/2014We had a lovely time at Arturo's. Very comfy, private table. Great, friendly, attentive service (although the service was a little slow in the beginning, but it picked up later). But, mostly, the food here is consistently delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Big NightBackintownDined on 9/15/2014Six of us came from around the country for an important business dinner. The food was excellent and well served by our waiter. The room was busy but no one at our table had to shout -good acoustics. Everyone was impressed with Arturo's and we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, quiet and relaxingRadioprinceVIPDined on 9/10/2014The veal ravioli and the lump crab ravioli were awesome. It was so relaxing and quiet. Very romantic and allowed us to talk without yelling! Server was a little busy but was excellent when he finally had time for us.Special Features:
- SpecialHankDined on 9/7/2014Great day. I had a date with a girl I knew 40 years ago. We promised we would see each other in 4 decades. Went on to marry others but kept our promise! We were not rushed, service great, not overly doting. Left us to talk about our lives and it was great. Thank you guys! Hank taylorSpecial Features:
- Great Southern Italian cuisineGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 9/6/2014Menu is somewhat dated, but food is simply delicious. Our table had four mains, all of which were outstanding, and included Pistachio-crusted lamb chops (as good as we've ever tasted); pan-seared redfish with artichokes and tomatoes; black truffle scallops and shrimp; and lobster tail pescatore and papardelle. Wine list is primarily Italian, but very reasonably priced (there are plenty of non-Italian wines, as well). For dessert, the Key Lime Pie was as good as any in the city, and the pistachio gelato is the best we've tasted outside Italy. However, we found it offensive that the valet parker literally took up every single spot in an otherwise empty lot, forcing every patron to pay $5 to park.Special Features:
- long time customerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014I am a long time customer but disappointed w recent menu changes. Used to have a great piece of trout, healthfully done. I had spaghetti fra diavolo at waiters suggestion. Awful. No spice, fat spaghetti, tough lobster and calimari. Will go again as service and ambiance are great. Get the brazino special. It is always great-dont know why they don't sell that instead of fra diavolo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent VisitBackintownDined on 9/2/2014We had not been to Arturo's in a long time and we pleasantly surprised great improvements in the food. Much fresher and of higher quality than four years ago. Everything we had was excellent as was service. This has become one of the best restaurants in Houston. I am now planning a business dinner there. Great food and a soft noise room make it hard to resist.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WWonka707Dined on 8/31/2014It was a pleasant Sunday brunch experience at Arturo's; quiet, sophisticated, but not stuffy; friendly, attentive service, and the brunch selection - for the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu, was just varied enough, and delicious, and well worth the money.Special Features:
- Always OnmarknbellaireDined on 8/30/2014Although we like to try new restaurants, Arturos seems to be a return favorite for us. Food, service, and atmosphere always spot on. This year's restaurant week offerings were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the food and service!AggiegirlDined on 8/30/2014Arturo's is a fabulous restaurant--one of Houston's best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Excellent...AlwaysDeliciousVIPDined on 8/29/2014Have dined at this restaurant in the past, and it is generally excellent, however this time the service was horrible. The waiter barely paid attention to us, the bus boy basically waited our table. When we paid, I slipped the bus boy the majority of the tip, and later found the waiter loudly complaining about our lack of a tip to him on our way out. Very disappointing service from a restaurant which is generally excellent. The food however, was great as always.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchRomneypolDined on 8/29/2014We had a chance to visit and experience this more upscale well known restaurant for the HRW and we enjoyed it beyond our expectations. You just have to try it, no BUT's at all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never beenIjb1Dined on 8/28/2014I had never been neither did my friends. Very well received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerBizCorpDined on 8/27/2014We have used Arturo's for many business dinners because the service is impeccable, the food is great and we can converse easily enough that we don't have to shout. This evening was as good as the rest. They have added a private dining room that seats 30 and we will be using that. Our company highly recommends Arturo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArturosHugoVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great place. The service, Diego, the best helper in town. Great personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried for Restaurant WeekIATravelerDined on 8/25/2014I went to Arturo's for their restaurant week menu. The food was great although the 2nd course (prosciutto) wasn't too exciting. Otherwise I enjoyed the meal, ambiance, and the wine selection.Special Features:
- Falling shortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The meal was not worth the price. We sat outside and were the only table on the patio. The service suffered greatly. Our waiter forgot my wife's drink for 10 min. Also forgot an appetizer. The food was decent, but my wife ordered fish and it was bland.
- LuvgoodfoodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014Great Italian food. Service was very good. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch with a friend and his wife. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was excellent! Bottomless mimosas were quite nice as well.Special Features:
- 5 StarslarrynmarthaDined on 8/22/2014We take advantage of Houston Restaurant Weeks to find new restaurants that might not otherwise be on our radar. Boy, did we score big with Arturo's! Amazing food, friendly, first-class service. All four courses were delicious and perfectly prepared. We both had the pork chop for our main course and agreed it was the best we've ever had, hands-down. Put Arturo's on your short list of places to try if you haven't been there already. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family experiencejp007Dined on 8/22/2014My family came here for Houston Restaurant Week and had an absolute blast. Our favorites were the veal ravioli and eggplant parm. I loved the lobster ravioli as well. The porkchops were HUGE, as was the tuna steak. Amazingly we finished all our food except for one slice of tiramisu. The creme brulee and the sorbetto were also divine! My parents are already planning to go again :)Special Features:
- AwesomeDivineDined on 8/22/2014This was a very nice restaurant this was my first time going and I enjoyed it!!!! The food was awesome!!!! I will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Friend Told Us . . .SuburbsDined on 8/20/2014. . . to try Arturo's and we were more than pleased. The Branzino sea bass and the redfish were perfect, as was the spinach and avocado soup. I didn't know something that healthy could taste so good! Our server was polite and helpful and the place is beautiful. They were full, but we were able to hear each other easily. We are going back for brunch -this may be our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Have eaten here on many occasions and find the food very good and the atmosphere lovely. Will return.Special Features: