Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park
246-04 Jericho Tpke.
Floral Park, NY 11001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arturosristorante.com/
- Phone: (516) 352-7418
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Strolling guitarist during the week and live music every Saturday night.
- Cross Street: 246th Street
- Public Transit: N24 and Q36 stop at 246th street corner of the restaurant. We also have bellerose LIRR station two blocks east of the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have parking lot in the back of the restaurant Monday-Thursday and Valet parking on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
A word from Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park
Table-side cooking is alive and delicious at Arturo's, where even on busy evenings, the staff prepares certain dishes and sauces at your table. Service at Arturo's is professional and friendly. Antonio's son, Tommy works here full time as manager and has the same love for the business as his father. The newly decorated private party room has the same elegance as the restaurant with tall tapered candels and fresh flowers on the tables, comfortable upholstered chairs and original oil paintings. For your special occasion or any night of the week, dining at Arturo's is a special treat. It's always a delicious experience at Arturo's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (23)romantic (19)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- VERY IMPRESSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I took my girl friend there for the first time. I was so impressed as she was also. The family run business is a class act. They are hands on people who know how not only to cook, but know how to give their dinner guest the ROYAL treatment. This will be OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid local Italian place.AzabuplaceDined on 11/22/2014Very good food. Friendly staff. Knowledgeable about the menu. We went early and it was empty. Would recommend for local, wholesome meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arturo'sLex1VIPDined on 11/15/2014The singer and music was excellent. We all enjoyed our food and had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Stars, Open Table? Come on!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/9/2014Your ratings are a joke. You have lost all credibility with me.
- This is a superb restaurant!MamaVIPDined on 11/2/2014Not only crepes are made flambé in this restaurant; so are assorted pastas in vodka sauce! Our eggplant rollatini [stuffed with ricotta cheese] was the best that we have ever had -- anywhere. For those who don’t want to order from the menu, nor try any of the day’s specials, a phenomenal buffet cart is wheeled out for one’s perusal. The music is audible, but muted, so it does not interfere with conversation. The wall artwork is excellent for setting a mood. My husband's chicken and thinly sliced sausage over a bed of broccoli di rabe in a terrific garlic sauce was exquisite. My stupendous pasta dish had three kinds of mushrooms and also prosciutto; the sauce was so good that I would gladly order just that and eat it with a spoon! Dessert was perfect. My Italian [riccota, not mascarpone] cheesecake was the best ever).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally!kathyDined on 10/25/2014I finally had dinner at Arturo's after passing my it for decades. It was well worth the wait. The ambiance was lovely, the food and wine delicious and the wait staff was top-notch. The keyboard player/singer was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Lex1VIPDined on 10/24/2014Everyone enjoyed their meal and we will go back again.Special Features:
- Love2eastVIPDined on 10/22/2014Well prepared classic Italian fare although, with a roving guitarist stopping at each table taking your musical requests. Food was very enjoyable however service, was slow and inattentive. On two occasions, we had to request silver to eat our meal and a coffee order did not arrive with the rest of the dessert orders, and this was on a slow weekday evening. Waiters didn't even seem to know how to describe dishes when asked. Food gets a thumbs up, but service a thumbs down.Special Features:
- pupfoodDined on 10/17/2014Excellent traditional italian food. our waiter was not great, service was spotty, but having been here before, several times, this is not the norm. maybe he was new? usually the service is top notch as well. authentic meat sauce with gnocchi bolognese was great as was the chicken with proscuitto and cheese. Definitley will be backSpecial Features:
- Great local spotExperienceddinerDined on 9/27/2014This local establishment has been around for years and can be easily overlooked. But it is truly worth the experience. From the valet parking to the welcoming interior, you just know that you will enjoy your meal. The food is outstanding, especially the Antipasti cart where you can literally make your own dish from a wide selection of favorites and unique items. The entrees are ample, reasonably priced and include a wide variety of choices from pasta to meat and fish. The service is attentive without being intrusive and makes for a very relaxing experience. We thoroughly enjoyed our time here.Special Features:
- CrisDined on 9/21/2014Authentic, aromatic and flavorful food, courteous service. Great for date night or the big family occasion.Special Features:
- Traditional ItalianFormerfanVIPDined on 9/21/2014Traditional old world atmosphere. Nice menu. Good wine. Felt rushed before we were seated the waiter asked what we wanted to drink. Impersonal service until Roberto, the owner's son and chef sat and talked with us. This was our second time there this season and the place was empty both times. Too bad because the food is really good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food and service were excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Whatta Place!WeluvItaliaDined on 9/13/2014As soon as we walked in and sat down,we were treated like royalty. It was all a great night,don't forget to order the Zuppa Di Pesche ..We will be returning again,and again...Thank You Mr.TonySpecial Features:
- Sbk204VIPDined on 8/23/2014Dinner and live entertainment were fantastic. We had a wonderful evening and we will be back often. Food was elegantly prepared table side.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLoveItalianDined on 8/23/2014Although the service was good, I did not like the timing of food getting served. I have been to other restaurants that know exactly how to time there so one does not feel rushed. I was also a little disappointed in how the other patrons were dressed. A couple next to us had on casual shorts and tops. I thought they should have been at a clam bar on the beach. For the money spent, I would go to Piccolo Venezia before returning to Arturo's.
- Home made pasta!SuzieqVIPDined on 8/9/2014Have been coming here for years-- still great!! Best home-made capellini w/white clam sauce! Other pastas are great as well. Toni the bartender makes best martini'/cosmos on long island!Special Features:
- Not bad for a first date...gabs417Dined on 8/8/2014For a first date, I was asked to pick a restaurant. I wanted to go somewhere I had never been before. I've always heard good things about Aturo's, so I figured "why not"? I told my date about the place and he was all for it. The food and conversation flowed well, the pinot noir was delicious and the service spot on. Their special dessert of vanilla ice cream, strawberries and this velvety cream along with a cappuccino, was a delight. Although it was a bit pricey for a first date, the evening was an overall success. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park reviews archive.
- Fantastic!NateDined on 7/15/2014The food and service is superb at this classic restaurant. The stuffed veal chop was plentiful, and delicious. The pasta was fantastic!Special Features:
- ConsistantFormerfanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Traditional fare reasonably priced in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUanDined on 6/21/2014Our second time and we were much more pleased this time around. The food is was very good although standard for an Italian restaurant. Very good service and excellent wine list.Special Features:
- first time this was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014crowded in for the first time ever. should not book 2 parties at once unless they close for dinner patrons. not any choice...only sitting in the bar. unacceptable. food and servicebelow their usual excellence.
- Great FoodNateDined on 6/17/2014The food in this classic old world Italian gem is the driving force behind its many years of success! Beginning with the complimentary Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (Parmesan), through to the Strawberries with Zabaione for dessert, nothing served disappointed us. Tommy our server was attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat.wasronDined on 6/13/2014This local neighborhood gem never fails to deliver first quality food and service. Don't miss the mixed antipasto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentMarcieVIPDined on 5/24/2014I have not been disappointed in any meal here and have been dining here for over 20 years! The zabaglione is hard to save room for but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2014very disappointing. We have visited on many occasions and always enjoyed. However, this past Friday the food and service was awful. Worse than that was that I don't think the staff could care less about our experience. Normally barely touched food begs a question. No one bothered. my question is why would I go back there? My answer. I won't.
- Classic ItaliankittyDined on 5/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food is prepared very well. We had the torta primavera as an appetizer and it was so good. The pasta dishes are delicious and the bronzino I had for the main course was moist and tender. The waiter filleted it at the table. We hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- I love the friendly atmospheresmerlsDined on 3/9/2014I love the friendly atmosphere while at the same time the elegant dining experience. I enjoy the special pasta dishes that are made at table side. The main dishes are tasty and the portion size is incredible. My most favorite part of Arturos is the Zambione which is their signature dessert. It is made for you table side, strawberries, ice cream and a luscious creamy topping. I've been going to Arturos for many years and I always have a wonderful meal and dining experience. Thank you Tony and Staff so keeping Arturos the way it always was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedSparky100Dined on 3/8/2014I have been to this restaurant over the years with a group of college friends. I recommended this palce for dinner with my best friend and his wife. The 4 of us were seated right next to the music. A musician with an amp and karaoke, singing songs. The chicken dish I ordered (scapariello) was not good. The chicken was "flabby" and no dark meat was to be found, though I was told dark meat was in the dish. Also, 2 tiny pieces of sausage, no potato, no flavor. It was swimming in vinegar. When I called the manager over, he asked me "what should I do with this"? The dish was a mess, The excuse I got was that it was Lent and that they were a little off their game. Then comp the entree, and take the loss, not the loss of the customer.
- ArturoLex1VIPDined on 3/8/2014A delightful night and wonderful meal had by all. Especially enjoyed the music played by Angela which was a surprise to all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2014I went here with my wife not knowing anything about the restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We plan on dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Old fashion Italian RestaurantGerryandgeegDined on 2/14/2014Nice Old fashion Italian Restaurant.. Felt like I was in a scene of the Godfather or GoodFellas... Most of the food lacks seasoning. The drinks are overpriced. Paid $28.00 for two glasses of simple wine. The staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- The only part of the ZagatJUanDined on 2/14/2014The only part of the Zagat rating that was accurate was the price. Over-rated and over priced. Their reputation preceeded them and while the wine list was exceptional and the service very good, that's where it stopped. My Oso Buco was covered in a red sauce that tasted like it came from a jar, served on a bed of what was listed as safron risoto which was actually bland yellow rice with a side of diner vegatables(?) The cheese ckae we ordered for dessert was very dry, probably from sitting out on the dessert cart. It was a bit disappointing for Valentine's Day.Special Features:
- Kind of Bland, but still OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I personally like Olive Garden better because it costs about $20 less for a meal for two, you get salad and hot bread, and their food has more flavor. I also didn't like the bread they used to make their bruschetta. Their bread is not all that delicious either. It certainly wasn't hot. I know this sounds like a bad review, but the place really wasn't all that bad. The food was decent and they have great service. It's just a little bland for my taste. I went on Valentines day. I like the fact that they take reservations. That way you don't have to wait 2 hours to get a table during peak eating days and hours. For me this is a nice place to go for special occasions, but if I went here on a regular basis, I'd be in the poor house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE. THE CAPTAIN PAYED FULL ATTENTION TO OUR TABLE .FOOD WAS NOT RUSHED AT ALL,INFACT HE TOLD US TO LET HIM KNOW WHEN TO SERVE EACH COURSE ,JUST AS WE ASKED.TO OUR SURPRISE OUR PASTA WAS COOKED TABLE SIDE AS WELL AS OUR DESERT.NOT YOUR RUN OF THE MILL PLACE. OWNER MADE HIMSELF KNOW WHEN HE CAME OVER WITH A DISH OF PARMA CHEESE AND INTRODUCED HIMSELF.WILL BE GOING BACK FOR SURE.A BITE PRICIE BUT WELL WORTH IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SubstituteDannyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Was very good. Miss the singer and should be able to substitute pasta for veggies in an Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Neighborhood Italian FoodMassParkingDined on 2/1/2014Warm welcome, friendly bartender, great food, solid service. Perfect traditional Italian food in a friendly neighborhood atmosphere. We drive to Queens from Long Island and use it as a central meeting place to dine with friends from Manhattan, Conn., and Queens. Reliably excellent every time!Special Features:
- Great First Date Spotlildd1960Dined on 1/24/2014I have been going to this restaurant for over 25 yrs... I hadn't been there in quite awhile and bought a guy for our first date. The restaurant is quite and romantic and the food was so great! We order an antipesto which was made perfect for two. The main course came and it was just as good! The sevice could not have been better they where attentive and polite. It was nice and quite so we didn't have to yell over the table to hear one another. The Valet parking was a plus as it was a cold night. My experience could not have been better and we will be back again very soon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ITALIAN FOOD IS AN ARTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014SKILLFULLY PREPARED HOME MADE ART WORK FROM THEIR KITCHEN. REAL DINING PLEASURE FOR PERSONS WITH A DISTINCT KNOWLEDGE OF QUALITY ITALIAN FOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExceptionalRRBFSCVIPDined on 12/20/2013I have been to this restaurant for private family occasions as well as for business meetings. Never been disappointed. Great food and service alwaysSpecial Features: