Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park
246-04 Jericho Tpke.
Floral Park, NY 11001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arturosristorante.com/
- Phone: 5163527418
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Strolling guitarist during the week and live music every Saturday night.
- Cross Street: 246th Street
- Public Transit: N24 and Q36 stop at 246th street corner of the restaurant. We also have bellerose LIRR station two blocks east of the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have parking lot in the back of the restaurant Monday-Thursday and Valet parking on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
A word from Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park
Table-side cooking is alive and delicious at Arturo's, where even on busy evenings, the staff prepares certain dishes and sauces at your table. Service at Arturo's is professional and friendly. Antonio's son, Tommy works here full time as manager and has the same love for the business as his father. The newly decorated private party room has the same elegance as the restaurant with tall tapered candels and fresh flowers on the tables, comfortable upholstered chairs and original oil paintings. For your special occasion or any night of the week, dining at Arturo's is a special treat. It's always a delicious experience at Arturo's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (12)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Sbk204VIPDined on 8/23/2014Dinner and live entertainment were fantastic. We had a wonderful evening and we will be back often. Food was elegantly prepared table side.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLoveItalianDined on 8/23/2014Although the service was good, I did not like the timing of food getting served. I have been to other restaurants that know exactly how to time there so one does not feel rushed. I was also a little disappointed in how the other patrons were dressed. A couple next to us had on casual shorts and tops. I thought they should have been at a clam bar on the beach. For the money spent, I would go to Piccolo Venezia before returning to Arturo's.
- Home made pasta!SuzieqVIPDined on 8/9/2014Have been coming here for years-- still great!! Best home-made capellini w/white clam sauce! Other pastas are great as well. Toni the bartender makes best martini'/cosmos on long island!Special Features:
- Not bad for a first date...gabs417Dined on 8/8/2014For a first date, I was asked to pick a restaurant. I wanted to go somewhere I had never been before. I've always heard good things about Aturo's, so I figured "why not"? I told my date about the place and he was all for it. The food and conversation flowed well, the pinot noir was delicious and the service spot on. Their special dessert of vanilla ice cream, strawberries and this velvety cream along with a cappuccino, was a delight. Although it was a bit pricey for a first date, the evening was an overall success. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!NateDined on 7/15/2014The food and service is superb at this classic restaurant. The stuffed veal chop was plentiful, and delicious. The pasta was fantastic!Special Features:
- ConsistantFormerfanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Traditional fare reasonably priced in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUanDined on 6/21/2014Our second time and we were much more pleased this time around. The food is was very good although standard for an Italian restaurant. Very good service and excellent wine list.Special Features:
- first time this was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014crowded in for the first time ever. should not book 2 parties at once unless they close for dinner patrons. not any choice...only sitting in the bar. unacceptable. food and servicebelow their usual excellence.
- Great FoodNateDined on 6/17/2014The food in this classic old world Italian gem is the driving force behind its many years of success! Beginning with the complimentary Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (Parmesan), through to the Strawberries with Zabaione for dessert, nothing served disappointed us. Tommy our server was attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat.wasronDined on 6/13/2014This local neighborhood gem never fails to deliver first quality food and service. Don't miss the mixed antipasto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentMarcieVIPDined on 5/24/2014I have not been disappointed in any meal here and have been dining here for over 20 years! The zabaglione is hard to save room for but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2014very disappointing. We have visited on many occasions and always enjoyed. However, this past Friday the food and service was awful. Worse than that was that I don't think the staff could care less about our experience. Normally barely touched food begs a question. No one bothered. my question is why would I go back there? My answer. I won't.
- Classic ItaliankittyDined on 5/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food is prepared very well. We had the torta primavera as an appetizer and it was so good. The pasta dishes are delicious and the bronzino I had for the main course was moist and tender. The waiter filleted it at the table. We hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the Arturo's Ristorante - Floral Park reviews archive.
- I love the friendly atmospheresmerlsDined on 3/9/2014I love the friendly atmosphere while at the same time the elegant dining experience. I enjoy the special pasta dishes that are made at table side. The main dishes are tasty and the portion size is incredible. My most favorite part of Arturos is the Zambione which is their signature dessert. It is made for you table side, strawberries, ice cream and a luscious creamy topping. I've been going to Arturos for many years and I always have a wonderful meal and dining experience. Thank you Tony and Staff so keeping Arturos the way it always was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedSparky100Dined on 3/8/2014I have been to this restaurant over the years with a group of college friends. I recommended this palce for dinner with my best friend and his wife. The 4 of us were seated right next to the music. A musician with an amp and karaoke, singing songs. The chicken dish I ordered (scapariello) was not good. The chicken was "flabby" and no dark meat was to be found, though I was told dark meat was in the dish. Also, 2 tiny pieces of sausage, no potato, no flavor. It was swimming in vinegar. When I called the manager over, he asked me "what should I do with this"? The dish was a mess, The excuse I got was that it was Lent and that they were a little off their game. Then comp the entree, and take the loss, not the loss of the customer.
- ArturoLex1VIPDined on 3/8/2014A delightful night and wonderful meal had by all. Especially enjoyed the music played by Angela which was a surprise to all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2014I went here with my wife not knowing anything about the restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We plan on dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Old fashion Italian RestaurantGerryandgeegDined on 2/14/2014Nice Old fashion Italian Restaurant.. Felt like I was in a scene of the Godfather or GoodFellas... Most of the food lacks seasoning. The drinks are overpriced. Paid $28.00 for two glasses of simple wine. The staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- The only part of the ZagatJUanDined on 2/14/2014The only part of the Zagat rating that was accurate was the price. Over-rated and over priced. Their reputation preceeded them and while the wine list was exceptional and the service very good, that's where it stopped. My Oso Buco was covered in a red sauce that tasted like it came from a jar, served on a bed of what was listed as safron risoto which was actually bland yellow rice with a side of diner vegatables(?) The cheese ckae we ordered for dessert was very dry, probably from sitting out on the dessert cart. It was a bit disappointing for Valentine's Day.Special Features:
- Kind of Bland, but still OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I personally like Olive Garden better because it costs about $20 less for a meal for two, you get salad and hot bread, and their food has more flavor. I also didn't like the bread they used to make their bruschetta. Their bread is not all that delicious either. It certainly wasn't hot. I know this sounds like a bad review, but the place really wasn't all that bad. The food was decent and they have great service. It's just a little bland for my taste. I went on Valentines day. I like the fact that they take reservations. That way you don't have to wait 2 hours to get a table during peak eating days and hours. For me this is a nice place to go for special occasions, but if I went here on a regular basis, I'd be in the poor house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE. THE CAPTAIN PAYED FULL ATTENTION TO OUR TABLE .FOOD WAS NOT RUSHED AT ALL,INFACT HE TOLD US TO LET HIM KNOW WHEN TO SERVE EACH COURSE ,JUST AS WE ASKED.TO OUR SURPRISE OUR PASTA WAS COOKED TABLE SIDE AS WELL AS OUR DESERT.NOT YOUR RUN OF THE MILL PLACE. OWNER MADE HIMSELF KNOW WHEN HE CAME OVER WITH A DISH OF PARMA CHEESE AND INTRODUCED HIMSELF.WILL BE GOING BACK FOR SURE.A BITE PRICIE BUT WELL WORTH IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SubstituteDannyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Was very good. Miss the singer and should be able to substitute pasta for veggies in an Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Neighborhood Italian FoodMassParkingDined on 2/1/2014Warm welcome, friendly bartender, great food, solid service. Perfect traditional Italian food in a friendly neighborhood atmosphere. We drive to Queens from Long Island and use it as a central meeting place to dine with friends from Manhattan, Conn., and Queens. Reliably excellent every time!Special Features:
- Great First Date Spotlildd1960Dined on 1/24/2014I have been going to this restaurant for over 25 yrs... I hadn't been there in quite awhile and bought a guy for our first date. The restaurant is quite and romantic and the food was so great! We order an antipesto which was made perfect for two. The main course came and it was just as good! The sevice could not have been better they where attentive and polite. It was nice and quite so we didn't have to yell over the table to hear one another. The Valet parking was a plus as it was a cold night. My experience could not have been better and we will be back again very soon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ITALIAN FOOD IS AN ARTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014SKILLFULLY PREPARED HOME MADE ART WORK FROM THEIR KITCHEN. REAL DINING PLEASURE FOR PERSONS WITH A DISTINCT KNOWLEDGE OF QUALITY ITALIAN FOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExceptionalRRBFSCVIPDined on 12/20/2013I have been to this restaurant for private family occasions as well as for business meetings. Never been disappointed. Great food and service alwaysSpecial Features:
- Nice PlaceFrankyDined on 12/7/2013Excellent service, nice atmosphere, good food and an extensive wine list.Special Features:
- Old reliableSunnyJimDined on 11/30/2013Great food, excellent low noise level entertainment, friendly and competent wait staff.Special Features:
- Dinner with familyMaryWDined on 11/8/2013We arrived at 5 pm ~ before the crowd and were cheerfully greeted. The service was excellent, the food choices were varied and the four of us agreed that everything was delicious. It was an expensive night ~ but it was nice to eat locally and not be rushed.Special Features:
- A REAL GEM !!!!!!footdocVIPDined on 10/16/2013EX CEPTIONAL Food !!! The Veal Chop was the BEST EVER !!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedBloggerChickVIPDined on 10/5/2013I was looking for a great experience. The restaurant was not full, there was only 6 seated tables and a few people at the bar. AT no time did the manager/ hostess or owner come to our table and and ask us how we were doing. The server told me that the pasta that was offered with the veal parmesan was penne "you know, the same as Ziti" Are you serious, I am a chef and Ziti is not the same as Penne!!!!! The food was mediocre at best and the service was the worst.. I will never eat there again and I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone. I am not only a chef but a food blogger and I always recommend restaurants to my followers because they always ask "where do you eat out at?". NOT HERE!!!!!
- The food & service were verylg11360VIPDined on 10/4/2013The food & service were very good. The restaurant is a staple in the neighborhood. It draws an older, quiet, dinner crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enduring GemBarryVIPDined on 9/28/2013Arturo's has been around forever, and they've put that experience to work--the dining experience was teriffic. The food was great, the sericve flawless. And a singer with what I call a "Connie Francis sweetness" to her voice made the dinner very special.Special Features:
- Great food, good service!Sabrina1Dined on 9/27/2013My husband and I like eating here for quite atmosphere and good service. The food is delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have never been disappointedMiMiDined on 9/14/2013Have never been disappointed with the food or service.Special Features:
- Great food, service, ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Arturo's is not near my home but it is well worth the 30-45" drive time! We visit several times a year to enjoy the great food and service in this casually elegant restaurant. This time I had striped bass with capers and tomatoes which was fresh and delicious... after starting with some shared plates at our table, including tomato and (very fresh!) mozzarella, prosciutto wrapped figs and fried calamari. There's also a strolling guitar player on Saturdays and I believe also Sundays who plays and sings softly your requests. This time I requested Al Di La.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2013We had a 8 pm reservation and we were seated at 8:45. The hostess and manager did not care and did NOT try to make it better. If I knew of another restaurant in the area I would have walked out. I despise when they do not honor the reservation, especially when it's made on Open Table... I, we, will NEVER go back!
- Last timeJeffVIPDined on 7/6/2013Have been there before. It was once very good. Food is overpriced and not good at all. large cold antipasto was drenced in way too much olive oil. Bolegnese was flovorless and the pasta too hard. and the franchese soft shell crabs were inedible. soggy, mussy, overdone, very small, and the sauce was made very badly. downhill sometimes cannot be stopped. i wish them well and hope they recover. they will do it without me however
- Less than mediocre food servedFoxMedVIPDined on 6/15/2013Less than mediocre food served by nonchalant staff makes for an unpleasant evening. Too many Italian restaurants in the area which offer better food and service, for us to ever consider revisiting this relic.
- It was an enjoyable evening.JoyclaDined on 5/25/2013It was an enjoyable evening. Food was excellent. Waiters were very friendly and most importantly we weren't rushed. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features: