Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill
1171 Hooper Ave.
Toms River, NJ 08753Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.artisanstomsriver.com/
- Phone: 7322447566
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Steven M. Farley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us cater your next affair! Artisan's is the perfect location for birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries, any private or corporate celebration. You can reserve a small section or the entire restaurant depending on the size of your event. Our attention to detail is what makes us stand out from the crowd. Whether a simple buffet or an elaborate dinner, our staff is dedicated to providing the ultimate in customer satisfaction. Discover the cuisine and hospitality that defines Artisan's. Contact our in house events coordinator to discuss your needs and arrange a tour. 732-244-7566
- Private Party Facilities: We can accomodate private parties from 10 - 100 people
- Private Party Contact: Peter Gregorakis 7322447566
- Entertainment: Artisan's has live entertainment most Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Check our website for the most updated entertainment schedule.
A word from Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill
At Artisan's you can enjoy real, homemade classic Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, along with creative specials from the finest seasonal ingredients. As always, we offer 8 or more homemade desserts. We also offer the juiciest burgers and crispiest pizzas in town, complemented by our great list of house brewed beers, and an extensive wine collection. After dinner, we invite you join Ocean County's only private cigar lounge, Mug Club & Wine ClubContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (7)notable wine list (7)good for groups (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- WonderfulMillieDined on 9/6/2014Our favorite place to eat. We are never disappointed, food is always great.Special Features:
- Great early bird specialsTrainerTVIPDined on 9/2/2014The early-bird special is a really good deal. Eggplant parmesan was excellent, and they didn't mind at all when I asked to substitute spaghetti for the penne pasta. Waitress was very attentive and friendly. The place also offers daily specials.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer !fjfjddjdDined on 8/31/2014The beer was great and the food was awesome! The staff is really nice and really friendly. The deserts were incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and enjoyableCarlaDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant has an Italian kitchen feel to it. The food was good. We dined in the much quieter dining room which was away from the bar where it was very lively. Casual and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- $10 Monday SpecialsPittsburghDiningDined on 8/11/2014I had the $10 Spanokopita (they call it Spinach Pie) with sauteed veggies - Just the right blend of feta and spinach to my taste filling a large flaky golden brown filo. My wife had a $10 grilled chicken with sauteed veggies - Nicely done healthy and another good value. We both shared a $10 full bottle of Pinot Grigio - undistinguished Italian labor but fine for our tastes. Even with a 20% tip we left relaxed and very pleasantly filled for under $40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A business meal worth expensingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I had been staying in Toms River to provide I.T. training, and mapped out a number of restaurants on Google Maps to try out while I was there, in order to avoid having to eat fast food every day. One of them was particularly appealing: Artisan Brewpub. The pictures and description made it out to be a fancy restaurant with strong ambiance and character, and I was not disappointed. The walls have mural-style paintings or frescoes of brewery scenes in a Romantic vein. The tables and chairs, and booths, are of a dark wood, though in a modern style, and throughout the dining area, most of the rooms had a wine rack (cellar style). The food was wonderful (gnocchi bolognese), the wine and beer pairings were spot on. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!wineanddineVIPDined on 7/21/2014From the outside it may look like a chain eatery (it formerly was), but this brew pub is quite special. I came on the Monday for a ten dollar entrée which was very good. I wanted to try the stronger ale and for 2 dollars more than a pint, got a whole pitcher; Very good food at great prices! Coreen provided excellent service and gave some good information about the beer and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will go back...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our time here. It took a little while for our waitress to first come and introduce herself but from then on things moved at a regular pace. Everyone was friendly, we liked the atmosphere, beer was great (nive size tastings). Food was just a little pricey if we didn't have the living social coupon.Special Features:
- Ladies night Weds. a great surpriseJillDined on 6/25/2014We decided to try Artisan's Brew and Italian Grill for the first time. Our meals were delicious. Best of all...it was LADIES NIGHT (Wednedsay) and everything was half price! A great value at a great price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlaOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/17/2014Very disorganized. Very disappointed. Third time isn't a charm. Wrong daily menus, wrong check out tabs. The list goes on.
- Former favoriteDeliciousDined on 6/11/2014This has been a favorite of ours for many years. I do not know what happened, but on Wednesday night the service was awful. We had 4 friends with us for a pre-theater dinner and it seemed as though we were invisible. I spoke with the hostess in the beginning and even that did not help. We do hope that this was a one time experience.
- The following 86 reviews are from the Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill reviews archive.
- MillieDined on 4/30/2014Great as usual, one of our favorites. Food and service is wonderful.Special Features:
- MillieDined on 4/29/2014THis is one of the best restaurants in Toms River. Love the placeSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Good PricePattyDined on 4/20/2014We went out for dinner kind of last minute and we wanted to go close buy so we chose Artisan's. It was a really delicious meal and our server was especially nice. We will visit this place again. Reasonable prices too.Special Features:
- Wonderful food,service andMillieDined on 4/3/2014Wonderful food,service and ambience. I always enjoy eating at Artisan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice interior designOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014Very nice interior design and great food and great service. Will come back again and recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable SurpriseSibbyDined on 3/8/2014Really enjoyed our food. Everyone got different meals and the consensus was... Delicious on all count!Special Features:
- Never disappointsUnntomDined on 3/7/2014Outstanding restaurant with great service and the the best food in the area! Two thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine By the Glass Too Expensivesunshine38Dined on 2/27/2014We were a group of 5 with reservations for an early dinner. Three of us ordered Rodney Strong Pinot Noir @ $12 per, one Merlot @ $10, and a house wine Chardonnay @7. I cannot understand how this local restaurant justifies charging $12 for a glass of wine. The $10 Merlot is almost acceptable and $7 is acceptable. The service was good, food was okay, especially being early bird, rolls were barely passable. I would try the restaurant again and request a price list for wines by glass or bottle before ordering. I may skip the wine and try one of their brewery beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not great beerWillyDined on 2/26/2014The food here was really good, it was done and seasoned properly, the soup I had was to die for. However claiming to be a micro brewery and then not being able to deliver quality craft beer, has me wondering if they should replace their brewmaster because I get to taste craft beer around the country and what they brought to the table was nothing special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatAddsomebaconDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I go to Artisan's often for lunch and dinner because it never disappoints. They are great at the basics e.g. chicken Marsala to eggplant but they also have delicious delicious specialties. The roasted Brussel Sprouts are a personal fav. The house beer selection is almost all great and the wine list is ample. Try the salads. They are the best in town by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; great service.UnntomDined on 2/15/2014The entre choices were different, not the usual fare. They were well explained by the knowledgeable server. The food arrived in a timely fashion and as advertised. Delicious with great service. Good Job, well done.Special Features:
- I was visiting for the weekendHannaDined on 1/18/2014I was visiting for the weekend and looking for something romantic and different. I found this place and was really excited because the menu looked interesting, having a variety of ingredients used at higher end restaurants. The food was very bland, pizza having next to no flavor, even just a touch of salt to the dough would've made a huge difference. Beer selection was extremely limited considering it's a brewery. Overpriced considering it tasted extremely bland. Atmosphere was very loud, not at all good for a romantic evening. Very comparable to eating at an Olive Garden except the food at Olive Garden typically has more flavor than here. Not really a worthwhile dining experience.Special Features:
- Very NiceMurphyDined on 1/18/2014I liked everything about the Artisian except for the noise level. We could not easily converse at the table. I have no problem with children in a restaurant, but they should remain seated and not be allowed to round around the table and/or restaurant. The food was excellent and our server, Josh, was EXCELLENT!!Special Features:
- Mini ReunionTheQueenDined on 1/12/2014I currently live in Florida, and while visiting my home state of New Jersey, I arranged a gathering of eleven of my closest friends and family for lunch at Artisan's. They served delicious food, the staff was friendly, and I'd like to give a special shout out to our fabulous waiter, Josh. I would definitely recommend Artisan's, and hopefully visit again the next time I'm in New Jersey. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulBttrflykisses3Dined on 1/10/2014The food was good and the restraint and staff were all warming and welcoming. Would def. go back and recommend to friends and family. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not BotherDineof10Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and I went for a New Year's Eve dinner. We had 8:00 PM reservations but arrived at 7:45 and were promptly seated. The staff was very friendly and the waitress did her best to make us comfortable. We ordered a bottle of Prosecco to start with and were immediately discouraged. The so called prosecco was actually a spumati blend and was quite awful. The menu was very limited with very little variety. We started with appetizers and had not even finished our appetizers when our entrees came! They really pushed to get us out of there.We were done with dinner by 8:25!!! All in all, the limited menu, the meh food quality and the rushed feeling we got from the staff i would not recommend this place to anyone. Many other choices in the area.
- Toms River FavoritehappycustomerVIPDined on 12/31/2013This is our favorite restaurant in Toms River. The chef offers a varied menu of American cuisine and the kitchen is consistent in preparing these delicious appetizers and entrées.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.JakefdDined on 12/29/2013Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. We were trying to find a restaurant that was midway between one group coming from south jersey and one group coming from central jersey. We made the right choice. We were all pleasantly surprised and had an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food nice atmosphereNano1Dined on 12/24/2013We enjoyed our dinner I felt entrees were a little over priced considering soup or salad did not come with a meal.Special Features:
- Very MediocrePearlDined on 12/18/2013If the appys tasted better I would have rated it higher. Fried artichokes had no seasoning on them, very bland. Grilled octopus was raw and tough. The Duck breast two people had was a little better and my Portobello mushroom ravioli was very tasty. But we would not come back. Very pricey. Cost us $110 per couple.
- Poor Service and very noisyJMacDined on 12/13/2013I'm not sure if they were just having an off night, but the service was extremely slow and unattentive. Food was okay at best and it was also very noisy. Could barely hold a conversation with the people I was having dinner with. Won't be rushing back anytime soon.
- We had a large group for lunchLiketoeatDined on 11/29/2013We had a large group for lunch - the service was great - the food excellent and the prices extremely reasonable. Love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost ItalybrodotavernDined on 11/23/2013My wife and I enjoyed all aspect of the Artisan's. We felt like we were back in Italy, except a better beer selection. Please let the waiter pick the dessert. YUUUMMMMM!Special Features:
- First time visitTscpsychDined on 11/23/2013Went here for dinner with college friends after finding it on a NJ craft beer website. The beer was tasty as was the food. Their grilled veggies were nicely done. Not mushy like can easily happen. I have already recommended Artesians to a friend who lives in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminded me of Olive Garden.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2013We came with a reservation and were seated in a side dining area, like unruly children. We were given water in Coke glasses. Food was ok, service was ok. Although not very memorable, I am willing to give it another shot.Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceEileenDined on 11/8/2013We enjoyed our dining experience and would recommend Artisan's to others. On-line reservation system was great.Special Features:
- We love Artisan's. Never hadJimdoc58Dined on 11/3/2013We love Artisan's. Never had a bad meal or experience, the Wine Club is great.Special Features:
- A Great FindcouponcutieDined on 11/2/2013We had dinner there for the first time on Saturday nite. The overall appearance of the restaurant was very appealing. I was there when it was Basil T's. Very different!!!! The food was excellent, I thought a little pricey.The service was good. We went into the bar area after and some drinks. The entertainment was great, because we love "the oldies".It did not blast you out. We would return again.Special Features:
- Good StuffMyFavoriteVIPDined on 10/13/2013Food is always good. Specials keep getting better. We eat here at least twice a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.