Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
2 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.artisanalbistro.com/
- Phone: 2127258585x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Dining Room: 11:45 am - 2:45 pm
Wine Bar: 11:45 am - 5:00
BRUNCH: Sunday, 10:30am - 3:45pm
BRUNCH: Saturday 11:00am - 3:45pm
Monday - Wednesday, 5pm - 9:45pm
Thursday - Saturday, 5pm - 10:45 pm
Sunday, 5pm - 8:45 pm
Monday - Wednesday, till 11:00pm
Thursday - Saturday, till midnight
Sunday, till 10:00pm
Monday - Friday, 11:45 am - 11:00pm
Saturday, 11:00 am - 11:00pm
Sunday, 10:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With Artisanal’s Event Planning, Consultation and Catering Services you'll surprise your guests with an Artisanal experience at home, the office or in our very own dining room; food and beverage consultants will help you with menu planning, cheese and pairing selections; catering and staffing. Please call (212)725-8585 or email our Event Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Special Events:
Surprise your guests with an Artisanal experience at home, the office or here on premise; food and beverage consultants will help you with menu planning, cheese and pairing selections; catering & staffing(212)725-8585 Email email@example.com
- Cross Street: 32nd Street between Park and Madison
- Public Transit: 6, N, Q, W, R Trains to 34th Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is possible after 6pm -ALSO- indoor parking is available at Icon Parking 475 Park Avenue South ( 32nd btwn. Park and Lexington Avenues) Tel (212)684-8352
A word from Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
Artisanal Fromagerie, Bistro and Wine Bar showcases the formidable creativity and passion of Chef-Proprietor Terrance Brennan who adds playful twists to classic French bistro dishes. Selecting only premium ingredients, Brennan’s commitment to the use of artisanal, sustainable and organic products is evident in the quality of each dish. Recalling a bustling Parisian bistro, Artisanal’s handsome Art Deco interior offers the sophisticated French specialties one might expect in Paris. As the name implies, Artisanal features a scrumptious selection of 250 hand-crafted cheeses from around the world. In the back of the dining room is the cheese cave, a temperature and humidity controlled room, where a number of the world’s finest artisanally-made cheeses are aged to optimum ripeness and peak flavor. Adjacent to the dining room is the wine bar, which boosts 75 wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Murray Hill ›
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)great for lunch (84)special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (76)notable wine list (71)great for brunch (62)good for groups (56)romantic (52)late-night find (17)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- DougVIPDined on 9/14/2014The mussels were served room temperature. The drinks arrived separately after a very long period of time. The haricots verts were under-cooked and had a weird chemical taste. We have been coming to this place for many years and have been finding the food and service worse and worse. Too bad.Special Features:
- A fave spot; change in the kitchen?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Every time folks come to New York, L'Artisanal is a must-brunch spot: for the Uber-fluffy beignets, perfect eggs, unbelievable cheeses, creme brulee to beat all creme brulee, charming atmosphere and attentive, amiable service. One never feels rushed although this time, the experience was different. Food was less than what I expected and we felt rushed (not full). Beignets were flat and spongy vs. fluffy; eggs were underdone and not quite hot enough; and my brunch partner had the ravioli -- good but not divine as always (slightly overdone). The Maitre Fromager was enthusiastic, knowledgable and offered delightful suggestions, and the mimosas were tasty. Will give it another try and hopefully this was a one-off, as it really is a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the CheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I dined here with my wife, who is a cheese freak. If you are looking for a very nice restaurant with a large menu, then this probably is not for you, but if like cheese this is your place. The menu is limited, but the food is good, so I don't want to short change the actual food that was prepared, but this place knows cheese.Special Features:
- What a shameRicardoMVIPDined on 9/7/2014This place is nothing like it used to be. Just bad in all aspects and to top it off the prices are insane for what you get.
- AngelDined on 9/7/2014Had not visited for a couple of years and was disappointed with the limited, expensive brunch menu. I asked for a plain croissant which they apparently consider a novelty, as there are none to be had. The coffee was well prepared, the "soft" egg omelet was mediocre.
- NonamesgivenVIPDined on 9/5/2014I loved the cheese fondue but the rest of our meal was nothing special.Special Features:
- Go for the cheese, but then goFinediningandbreathingDined on 9/3/2014We loved the cheese plate... Served at exactly correct temperature and was delightful. But it was all downhill from there... Entrees are all laughingly overpriced. For that price they should be perfect but 2 of ours were not acceptable... Sent back to kitchen. Our neighbors 2 tables over sent stuff back too. They comped us dessert but even free dessert was strangely unsatisfying. Lesson: come for cheese and appetizers, then leave while your still happy and go to koreatown 2 blocks away for better food at a third of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceKPNYCVIPDined on 9/3/2014The waiter seemed angry that he had to do his job & never came around to check on us. Had to gab random other people there to clear our table & get us anything. Appauling service for a place with such crazy high prices. $11 for a side of French fries. I've been to this restaurant many times & 50% of the time have this horrible service experience. I brought 2 of my friends that had never been here before & after this horrible service they're not coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Service but HotMikeDVIPDined on 8/31/2014A pleasant dining experience, good food and service. However in hot and humid weather they leave the doors and windows open and it was extremely uncomfortable.
- Good experienceFoodandWineDined on 8/31/2014The fondue was very good and the service was great, although the prices were too high.Special Features:
- Amazing food/service but overpricedMikeandMonicaDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing dining experience here. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable and the food was perfect. I just wish they hadn't raised the prices. The appetizers, desserts and cheese tastings all seemed way more expensive than they were a couple years ago when we last ate there. Apparently they are under new management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cheese.BillDined on 8/30/2014The gouda fondue was excellent. The cheese list was extensive and my selections were all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummed about price increase!BethNYVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have always loved this restaurant. Food is wonderful. But I can't get over how much they have increased their prices. They are way out of range and will prevent them to be a frequently visited place. Appetizers at $25-30 ? And tiny. Steaks at $40-60? Chicken at $35? I'm so disappointed. Will miss it terribly.
- Cheese heavenJellybeanVIPDined on 8/30/2014Loved everything about this place. Food was great as well as cheese for deserts Service was great. I have found a new favorite place to dine
- pricey disappointmentbeenthereDined on 8/29/2014We hadn't been to Artisinal in many years, and we were very disappointed by the over-all experience. Service was very poor - they brought our entrees while we were in the middle of our appetizers, and when we did not accept that, they held the dishes off to the side and did not bring them in a reasonable amount of time after we had finished the appetizer, resulting in lukewarm dishes. The price point is inflated - we are perfectly comfortable spending over $30 for an entree, but the quality of the cooking did not warrant the price tag - $32 for pedestrian mac and cheese? New York City has so many better options and much better values than Artisinal.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Great for cheese lovers. As I currently live in a country without cheese, I came here for my "last in the US for a while" meal to enjoy some cheese (and other stuff). Had a couple of oysters while I waited for my friend, and if I'm being honest I would have preferred some of the usual cocktail sauce and horseradish, but Artisanal is probably too elegant for that. The burratta/peach/tomato salad was fantastic, as was the cheese plate. The fondue was a little much.Special Features:
- Delicious!KLCVDined on 8/28/2014Loved smelling all the delicious cheeses while we ate dinner. Fondue really was so so good. Service was also excellent. Have already recommended to friends in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too priceyRhea58VIPDined on 8/28/2014Dined here for lunch w/a colleague & was flabbergasted at the steep increase in prices. The waitstaff is very good but doubt I shall return. $21.50 for a shrimp cocktail is overkill & their fondue specialty is out of range also.Special Features:
- Terrible Business PracticeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014We have dined at Artisanal many times and it has been one of our family's favorite midtown restaurants. This week, however, we were surprised to discover that prices had increased across the board by as much as 33 percent! This is obviously a recent change as our waiter accidentally gave us one of the old menus and had to apologetically replace it with a new one. The old menus are still on the website, as of this morning. This terrible business practice caused us considerable embarrassment, as my wife and I were dining with friends who had been told that Artisanal was "not-too-expensive." The meal itself was terrific. But the overall experience was very awkward.
- Worth the Trip But OverpricedEat4funVIPDined on 8/26/2014We're real foodies and love great French bistros. Artisanal is an fine bistro, especially if you are a cheese lover, but prices are steeper than they need to be. The servers are fairly attentive and quite friendly and the hosts accommodating, but the servers need some education about the wines and the cheeses. Overall, if you have the dough, worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shared a lovely mealscj6Dined on 8/26/2014The star of the show here is the cheese. The wine choices are quite good as well. We shared a delicious fondue as our first course. Two entrees to follow seemed like too much, so we shared one Poulet de Sel. Our waiter was completely amenable and un-condescending about this, and even plated it beautifully into two servings. It was superb.Special Features:
- What happened to Artisanal?FrednycVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've gone to Artisanal for years and it always was reasonably priced good French bistro fare similar to Les Halles. Not anymore. Apparently there is a new owner who increased prices by 25% or more. For example, oysters @ $5 each or 1/2 dozen for $27.50, $22 martinis (without service in an individual shaker), $15 Bibb salad and for the most ridiculous - $51 for osso buco. I admit the chicken under a brick was good even at $34 and our waiter was attentive although the wait for drinks could not be explained. The only thing reminiscent of the old Artisanal is the funky cheese smell. It's now a tourist venue for those who don't know better and are looking for dinner in the hip Flatiron North area. Too bad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014The onion soup was hearty and delicious, and the caprese sandwich was surprisingly good since I was expecting a cold sandwich, not, hot. Tarte Tatin was excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding Again!!SJA5VIPDined on 8/20/2014Clients loved the NYC dining experience that was something other than a traditional steak house. The Sinful Experience and Feisty Redheads wine and cheese pairings blew them away. Heading back next week for brunch with my daughter.Special Features:
- Trusted neighborhood lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014WHen Artisanal was new on the scene it was a special date night place for us. Now my office is in the area and it's become a trusted spot for business or celebratory lunches. The high standards are always consistent. Never had a bad meal or bad experience there. Sometimes when it's super busy it is too noisy - but most of the time they spread people out enough to keep it mostly pleasant.Special Features:
- great food with a viewJellybeanVIPDined on 8/19/2014Delightful, no rush, friendly, great food The best cheese selection to end a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too pricey for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014We had loved this restaruant before we left the city. Now we find the prices really out of line, the menu confusing and the service, the night we revisited, amatuerish. Too bad. the food and cheese are still very good.
- Cheese please!MichaelBVIPDined on 8/17/2014truly a great find in NYC if you are a cheese lover. Our group could have just had cheese plates and been happy, but the entrees were delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBlackhawkDined on 8/16/2014My third visit over several years, and it continues to be a "must visit" restaurant when I am in NY. The steak frites are always a great choice, but the daily specials should not be missed. One of our party had the lamb shank and raved about it. And the service was perfect, always close by and responsive, without hovering. And don't miss the cheese.Special Features:
- YumDgizleDined on 8/15/2014Great fondue here. We come specifically for it. Also the bernaise sauce with the steak is uhhh-mazeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, but tastybujoldDined on 8/15/2014Glad to have gone there once to see what it was like, but wouldn't need to go again. Would shop for cheese there, though! Kind & knowledgeable cheesemongers.Special Features:
- Wonderful food!SteelyKateDined on 8/14/2014We had a great time trying Artisanal's Restaurant Week menu. Each course was absolutely lovely. And the vegetarian options were among the best on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Everything was delicious and the service was great, as usual. These waiters don't rush you out the door. Wonderful time!Special Features:
- Problematic serviceCooksavantDined on 8/13/2014I have been going here regularly for some time. I ate there twice this week. Service both times was painfully slow. What's going on?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014The service was good, the ambiance is very nice and the food was great, but it was a summer day and it was a bit uncomfortable. No air conditioning, so it was quite warm in the restaurant and VERY hot in the restrooms. My guest indicated that the men's room was like a sauna. Although the doors were open and there were a number of overhead ceiling fans, it would have been better if there were also some air conditioning running.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent ServiceinfdazeDined on 8/11/2014There was 1 waiter (+0 runners assisting) serving the entire restaurant, and while knowledgeable + very professional, he (admittedly!) couldn't provide good service. It took 15+ minutes for wine orders, we sat w/ empty glasses for much of the time, water + bread wasn't refilled fast, dishes were waiting at the cheese/charcuterie station 10+ mins before pickup, finally bill took long time to come, and came to $180 for an average cheese & charcuterie plate, the 2nd cheapest bottle of champagne on the menu, sorbet, and miniscule watermelon salad. I would have rather eaten at home. I guess I made the same mistake twice because a few years ago I came here and my food literally never arrived after the kitchen had already ran out of 2 items.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMisterDeeDined on 8/10/2014Artisanal is a great place to eat any time of the day. My wife and I usually go to Artisanal on Sunday's because there is more parking available. Our favorite is their french onion soup, which is made the way is should be made, with authentic cheeses. Everything we have tried there is great and the service is great as well. My wife and will be eating at Artisanal until the end of time.Special Features:
- go for the cheesegetwhatyoupayforDined on 8/7/2014Cheese selection is great, remainder of food was inconsistent. Wine list was out of date; food came to the table prepared incorrectly. Expensive and unsatisfying.
- Unexpected pleasureMinisterOfCultureVIPDined on 8/7/2014My partner and I visited Artisanal Fromagerie as we found their Restaurant Week menu intriguing, and discovered that the food lived up to the menu descriptions and more. We have friends who are particularly enamored of cheeses - we will have to go back for fondue and cheese and charcuterie plates there.Special Features:
- Cheeeeese :-)PepsDined on 8/6/2014We had an all- wine and cheese dinner. Fantastic cheese selection, superb quality and great recommendation for choosing. Highly recommended if you are a cheese lover.Special Features: