Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
2 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.artisanalbistro.com/
- Phone: 2127258585x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Dining Room: 11:45 am - 2:45 pm
Wine Bar: 11:45 am - 5:00
BRUNCH: Sunday, 10:30am - 3:45pm
BRUNCH: Saturday 11:00am - 3:45pm
Monday - Wednesday, 5pm - 9:45pm
Thursday - Saturday, 5pm - 10:45 pm
Sunday, 5pm - 8:45 pm
Monday - Wednesday, till 11:00pm
Thursday - Saturday, till midnight
Sunday, till 10:00pm
Monday - Friday, 11:45 am - 11:00pm
Saturday, 11:00 am - 11:00pm
Sunday, 10:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With Artisanal’s Event Planning, Consultation and Catering Services you'll surprise your guests with an Artisanal experience at home, the office or in our very own dining room; food and beverage consultants will help you with menu planning, cheese and pairing selections; catering and staffing. Please call (212)725-8585 or email our Event Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Special Events:
Surprise your guests with an Artisanal experience at home, the office or here on premise; food and beverage consultants will help you with menu planning, cheese and pairing selections; catering & staffing(212)725-8585 Email email@example.com
- Cross Street: 32nd Street between Park and Madison
- Public Transit: 6, N, Q, W, R Trains to 34th Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is possible after 6pm -ALSO- indoor parking is available at Icon Parking 475 Park Avenue South ( 32nd btwn. Park and Lexington Avenues) Tel (212)684-8352
A word from Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar
Artisanal Fromagerie, Bistro and Wine Bar showcases the formidable creativity and passion of Chef-Proprietor Terrance Brennan who adds playful twists to classic French bistro dishes. Selecting only premium ingredients, Brennan’s commitment to the use of artisanal, sustainable and organic products is evident in the quality of each dish. Recalling a bustling Parisian bistro, Artisanal’s handsome Art Deco interior offers the sophisticated French specialties one might expect in Paris. As the name implies, Artisanal features a scrumptious selection of 250 hand-crafted cheeses from around the world. In the back of the dining room is the cheese cave, a temperature and humidity controlled room, where a number of the world’s finest artisanally-made cheeses are aged to optimum ripeness and peak flavor. Adjacent to the dining room is the wine bar, which boosts 75 wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Murray Hill ›
Artisanal Fromagerie Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (130)special occasion (78)great for lunch (77)neighborhood gem (73)notable wine list (66)great for brunch (61)good for groups (61)romantic (55)hot spot (22)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- inconsistebnt prices in menuPninDined on 10/15/2014We ordered the sole meuniére that was offered for two at $94 or $ 97, I can't recall precisely. Our waiter returned to tell us the sole was only available in individual portions at $ 50.00. When asked for the reason of the price change, he told us it was a change for that day because the fish they had received that day was very small. The whole thing didn't make any sense and the explanation was senseless. We ordered something else and we had a nice dinner. I have been several times to Artisanal for the food, particularly the cheese selection, and because it's close to where members of our family live. This comment might sound petty, but the price change and the explanation offered was even poorer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude!!! Overrated!!!MMD718Dined on 10/14/2014I made a reservation for me and my mom and I get a rude hostess who doesn't even ask/inquire about happy hour. when I mentioned to her, she let me stand there like some kind of idiot until I decided to sit myself. Embarrassing!Happy hour wine was okay, but got no water refills. almonds were way too salty. Service inattentive.i had to beg for more wine, for the dinner menu, for dessert menus, really? Their bread was straight out gross, and their cheese plate unappealing and boring. No honey or jam with it? Or fruits?? Two semi-hard and one creamy cheese, on a boring plate?! Okay..the profiteroles came to save the day but at $16.50.rude hostess, inattentive service and mediocre food, no reason to be back. Save my money to go to BalthazarSpecial Features:
- Fondue loverlooseNnyDined on 10/12/2014I hadnt been to Artisanal in a while, and I found the quality of food and service is still exceptional and the whole experience one of my favourite dining out in Midtown. We had the fondue de jour, which was Manchego cheese, creamy and rich, with crudites and new potatoes as well as croutons, loved all the flavors. Service was prompt and attentive. The noise level is a little above moderate, you can still have a conversation though. So highly recommendable. Price-wise, I cant see how you could eat for $50 here, though, I´d say you will at least spend $100 for dinner with dessert and one glass of wine. We spent $75 each on a large fondue with extra dippings, one glass of wine and one small sparkling water (we were in a hurry).Special Features:
- I would not recommend this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I felt that the prices were extremely high for the quality of food and the service was terrible. It was a lunch reservation to entertain a ciient. The place was empty so a reservation was not needed. The menu was all dinner prices. And the service was never to be seen. We had to cancel the $16 cheesecake dessert because it never came and it was time to leave to the airport. How long can it take to cut a piece of cheesecake and since when does a slice of cheesecake cost $16???? I chose this place because she had a flight out of La Guardia, Next time I rather just stick with Balthazar. Sorry ------ this was a really bad experience and I am constantly out and a real foodie. Thank you for listening.
- Cheese is fantastic but the rest...AmoureuxdelatableVIPDined on 10/9/2014Although Artisanal is on Park, and the decor feels like Montparnasse, the general menu is boringly classic, ridiculously overpriced and my tartare was bland, unspiced, food for children. The saving grace is the cheese which is absolutely fantastic. Go for the cheese, or anything cheesy (the 3 chesse gratinee onion soup is sublime)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service without a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014Customers cherish Artisanal for its mood lighting, great atmosphere, fancy cocktails and friendly staff. That nice-guy approach to fine French cuisine wins awards and attracts a cult following. Sad to say that the experience we had last night was laughably bad and a departure from something anyone one would appreciate.Special Features:
- OverpricedstevedonVIPDined on 10/9/2014I've been to Artisinal many times over the years, but this recent visit was disappointing to me and my guests. The highly recommended lambburger ordered by two of our party, was difficult to pick up and eat and didn't taste good. The biggest disappointment was how much the prices have risen. They're way out of line. The vodka drink one of ordered was more than seventeen dollars and the overall bill was considerably higher than we expected, based on prior visits. The onion soup was as delicious as ever.
- Great for work lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014This is a nice place to go for lunch for a break from the office. Food can be light or heavy, however you are feeling. Must order the cheese coarse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artisanal BistroCheeseloverDined on 10/8/2014I have always enjoyed this restaurant. they are known for their cheeses and charcuterie, including fondue. They usually have some wonderful specials. One of my favorites is a Wednesday night special of Dover Sole in a lemon sauce - very tart and delicious. Excellent desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Cheese board is always good, fun to open up a business lunch. We had the server pick 4 for us. I had the lobster risotto which was tasty, but overly salty. I LOVE seasoning and salt but this was a teaspoon too much. Skate was also had in our group and she didn't leave a lick on her plate. Service was pleasant and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a taste of montrealRabbitGirlDined on 10/4/2014everything was fantastic here. they were even laid-back about me having my computer out to work during my solo-brunch.Special Features:
- Artisinal 10 a decade laterValerieDined on 10/2/2014Went there 10 years ago with family -- loved it and remembered the fondue and Dover sole. Went back with my husband and was surprised by the noise level (high) but astounded at the excellent service (the best I've had in NYC) and the dinner was exceptional, as was my martini. I would recommend this to everyone.Special Features:
- Feels Like a Bistro in ParisedintheappleDined on 10/2/2014Has the look, feel and menu of an upscale Paris Brassierie, you can order the 5-cheese platter, well over 100 choices, the "Cheese guy" (affineur) is exceptionally knowledgeable. you can select by goat, sheep, cow or mild, or runny or assertive, and ask for wine pairings ... paired with salade firisee, understand new owers and a new chef ... will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Shockingly baddisappointmentVIPDined on 10/2/2014Perhaps the worst dining experience I've had in NYC ever.
- Train Your WaitersBrooklynVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food, incredibly bad, slow, inattentive service. Maybe we had newbie night, but I would never go back for another dinner.Special Features:
- Not the sameRSHouck3VIPDined on 9/29/2014I've been coming here since it was American Harvest. My building is across the street. It's just gotten way too expensive. The simple (lower priced) items are gone. $9 for a side of fries and $14+ for a glass of wine? Service remains very attentive. Michael Jordan's in GCT has 2 specials that are better for less money and I can hear my guest.
- Perfect from beginning to end!SuzeVIPDined on 9/28/2014We stopped here for Sunday brunch on our recent visit to NYC. Wonderful choice! The Kir Royales and Mimosas were divine as was every item each of us ordered. The cheese selection is immense and delicious as were the duck rillettes. We felt that we were in Paris - a city that we miss so much and once lived. Thank you for taking us back for a couple hours on a beautiful Sunday afternoon!Special Features:
- only one drawback; exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014lovely, tasty , excellent service; music was too loud.Special Features:
- Great WineEliana20Dined on 9/26/2014Their wine list is great. They have a good wine and cheese combinations as well.Special Features:
- EatinfoolVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent as always but the prices have risen way beyond where they've always been. Mains were very high and desserts were mostly $16.50 or $17.50. It seems too high for a French bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BETTER WITH AGEDEB1VIPDined on 9/26/2014The longer this neighborhood restaurant stays around the better it gets...a wonderful array of cheeses and wine pairings, yummy brunch, and great mac 'n cheese...Special Features:
- Artisinal is the best for cheesePatsyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Although our brunch prix fixe was not outrageously priced, we three felt that the drinks (wine, beer and cocktails) were in excess of usual NYC prices. We did enjoy our food, esp. the skate , the Pavlova and the yogurt/ berries parfait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly wonderfulKimAnne72370Dined on 9/20/2014I've been to Artisanal Bistro a couple of times now and it never disappoints. Food was great, service with attentive without being pushy. Just as usual, a great experience.Special Features:
- Cheese!finikyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Trying some type of cheese is a must. Especially the fondues. Best trout ever, melted in my mouth. Service got a little spotty in the middle but waiter certainly new the menu well at the beginningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artisanal an Authentic BrasserieStrategiesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Artisanal fills a need for a cheese-focussed restaurant and is an asset to the Murray Hill neighborhood. Other menu offerings are somewhat limited.Special Features:
- Wine and cheese flight to the starsMsJayDined on 9/17/2014Just had an early dinner the other night at Artisanal with a dear friend. Our Brazilian server started us off with grace and charm. And my wine and cheese "flight" was a perfectly-paired delight, enhanced by a wonderful basket of assorted breads. I especially enjoyed the white burgundy which was the second of the three choices of wine. The unexpected pleasure was a not-too-sweet, cinnamon and dark cherry crème brulee, which we selected to share for dessert. All in all, it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for business lunchDiningoutDined on 9/17/2014Just the right combination of atmosphere and excellent food for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningCowboyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food great wine and cheese - slow service for drinks ?Special Features:
- DougVIPDined on 9/14/2014The mussels were served room temperature. The drinks arrived separately after a very long period of time. The haricots verts were under-cooked and had a weird chemical taste. We have been coming to this place for many years and have been finding the food and service worse and worse. Too bad.Special Features:
- A fave spot; change in the kitchen?MangiareBevereDined on 9/14/2014Every time folks come to New York, L'Artisanal is a must-brunch spot: for the Uber-fluffy beignets, perfect eggs, unbelievable cheeses, creme brulee to beat all creme brulee, charming atmosphere and attentive, amiable service. One never feels rushed although this time, the experience was different. Food was less than what I expected and we felt rushed (not full). Beignets were flat and spongy vs. fluffy; eggs were underdone and not quite hot enough; and my brunch partner had the ravioli -- good but not divine as always (slightly overdone). The Maitre Fromager was enthusiastic, knowledgable and offered delightful suggestions, and the mimosas were tasty. Will give it another try and hopefully this was a one-off, as it really is a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the CheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I dined here with my wife, who is a cheese freak. If you are looking for a very nice restaurant with a large menu, then this probably is not for you, but if like cheese this is your place. The menu is limited, but the food is good, so I don't want to short change the actual food that was prepared, but this place knows cheese.Special Features:
- What a shameRicardoMVIPDined on 9/7/2014This place is nothing like it used to be. Just bad in all aspects and to top it off the prices are insane for what you get.
- AngelDined on 9/7/2014Had not visited for a couple of years and was disappointed with the limited, expensive brunch menu. I asked for a plain croissant which they apparently consider a novelty, as there are none to be had. The coffee was well prepared, the "soft" egg omelet was mediocre.
- NonamesgivenVIPDined on 9/5/2014I loved the cheese fondue but the rest of our meal was nothing special.Special Features:
- Go for the cheese, but then goFinediningandbreathingDined on 9/3/2014We loved the cheese plate... Served at exactly correct temperature and was delightful. But it was all downhill from there... Entrees are all laughingly overpriced. For that price they should be perfect but 2 of ours were not acceptable... Sent back to kitchen. Our neighbors 2 tables over sent stuff back too. They comped us dessert but even free dessert was strangely unsatisfying. Lesson: come for cheese and appetizers, then leave while your still happy and go to koreatown 2 blocks away for better food at a third of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceKPNYCVIPDined on 9/3/2014The waiter seemed angry that he had to do his job & never came around to check on us. Had to gab random other people there to clear our table & get us anything. Appauling service for a place with such crazy high prices. $11 for a side of French fries. I've been to this restaurant many times & 50% of the time have this horrible service experience. I brought 2 of my friends that had never been here before & after this horrible service they're not coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French BistronaparoseVIPDined on 9/2/2014Lovely restaurant that feels very Parisian. Wonderful French food. Incredible cheeses and one should definitely order a plate of these delicious choices.Special Features:
- Good Food and Service but HotMikeDVIPDined on 8/31/2014A pleasant dining experience, good food and service. However in hot and humid weather they leave the doors and windows open and it was extremely uncomfortable.
- Good experienceFoodandWineDined on 8/31/2014The fondue was very good and the service was great, although the prices were too high.Special Features:
- Amazing food/service but overpricedMikeandMonicaDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing dining experience here. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable and the food was perfect. I just wish they hadn't raised the prices. The appetizers, desserts and cheese tastings all seemed way more expensive than they were a couple years ago when we last ate there. Apparently they are under new management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.