843 12th Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artisanpasorobles.com/
- Phone: (805) 237-8084
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Kobayashi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Shandi Kobayashi 8052378084x
A word from Artisan
From its inviting corner location at 12th and Pine streets in charming downtown Paso Robles, Artisan captures the essence of the Paso Robles wine country on every plate. Showcasing locally grown produce and handcrafted foods, Executive Chef Chris Kobayashi finds much of the inspiration for his dishes through regular trips to the farmer’s market; he combines regional American flavors in new and innovative ways. Artisan’s menu features local and organic produce, and proteins that are wild caught or sustainably farmed with no growth hormones or antibiotics. Chef Kobayashi’s insistence on freshness and quality complements his style which allows each ingredient to shine, but not overwhelm. Designed to complement its contemporary American cuisine, Artisan’s wine list offers a balanced selection of varietals that includes many wines from California regions in small or limited distribution. The staff of Artisan kindly look forward to serving you in the near future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Artisan - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Artisan reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (119)neighborhood gem (62)notable wine list (60)special occasion (55)good for groups (33)hot spot (31)great for lunch (24)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (22)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (15)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Loved it!!!!LionCatSquirrelDined on 11/23/2014We only get to Paso Robles every 4 years or so, but Artisan is always an essential stop! Their new-ish location is nice, not as much a diner atmosphere - I live the assorted windows between the diners and the kitchen. The lamb just melted in my mouth - cooked perfectly, superb seasoning. Also my husband's pork was very good too. Just wished I had more room for dessert. It is pricey, so maybe save it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food and knowledgable stafffoodandwineDined on 11/23/2014We had a 6PM reservation, booth set aside, seated promptly. Used fondue as a shared appetizer for 4, fun and enjoyed by all. All large plates were attractive and cooked to perfection. Our server could tell us everything about where our venison, bass and bore were coming from. Each dish was absolutely DELICIOUS! The venision was melt in your mouth succulent, cooked medium rare and a must order. Accompanied by 2 bottles of Shale Oak Zinfandel. Great location in downtown Paso Robles. Would recommend trying to get a booth or outside seating; tables on main floor are crowded together. Expensive, but worth it. We will be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weboniVIPDined on 11/19/2014The food was delicious. You have to have the Mushroom Toast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding....Look forward to my next trip north.StuBDined on 11/18/2014The restaurant was recommended by friends as well as the staff at Justin winery. The food, service and ambieance were outstanding and we look forward to visiting again the next time we are in the area....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodie Find in Paso RoblesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2014We were on our way to Hearst Castle via Paso Robles and checked open table for lunch options. We had a lovely lunch of a wood fired pizza and salads. All fresh and organic veggies. A true farm to table restaurant. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in SLO County excellent! $$$$OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014The food is excellent and creative great for any foody with a little extra cash!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artisan RocksRLNBVIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent dining experience nicely located on the quaint Town Square. A varied and impressive menu. Our waitress was outstanding - friendly, helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Paso GemPorscheDined on 11/7/2014I never miss a chance to rest here when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, miss the ambianceAllSocialDined on 11/4/2014We were very surprised at Artisan's new location. While the food was wonderful (mushroom toast is a must), the atmosphere was rather cold and unattractive. We miss the old Artisan very much.Special Features:
- Food is too slowYan03Dined on 11/1/2014Service is ok, but food is too slow, it take us almost 2 hours for dinner, we only order 1 appetizer and 3 entries, and 1 dessert. We waited for like 45 min from placing the order till getting our entries. The halibut I got is so bland, no taste, and my husband's tenderloin is on the bland side too.
- Love the wine on taplak1VIPDined on 10/31/2014It was another great meal. We really enjoyed that I could have one glass of wine while my husband was able to indulge in a half-carafe. Great concept for serving wine. Food has always been wonderful.Special Features:
- OutandAboutOutandAboutVIPDined on 10/30/2014As always when we are in the Paso Robles area we stop at Artisan, great food! - we get a variety of their small plates and savor every bite. Service was friendly and prompt, the wine flight went perfectly with the meal, and we sat in the Bar area and watched the people around the square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right on the squarewinetravelerDined on 10/29/2014Great service and attention to the diner's needs. The entire staff went out of their way to make sure the dining experience was good. The chef did a great job.Special Features:
- One of the best!GaryDined on 10/26/2014We had a wonderful experience at Artisan. The entire meal was excellent and the service was friendly, helpful and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate with FoodCrazedBakerDined on 10/25/2014We had our 31st anniversary dinner there and as always the food was superb. Wife had Lamb Tagine (a Moroccan dish) I while I had my favorite Hanger Steak. Cooked to perfection, and the waitress was very patient until we could decide on what to order. Another enjoyable aspect is guessing what favors were used for the sorbet severed for the day:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every wayDLuckyDined on 10/24/2014Food is incredible, wait staff takes time to talk to you and the dessert menu is one of the best, especially the butterscotch dessert offering.Special Features:
- Paso HappinessBroadwayFanVIPDined on 10/17/2014Swank enough for any foodie, but casual enough for any diner, the food here is great, the bartenders are amazing (and they invent delicious house cocktails), and the service is attentive and knowledgeable - a perfect evening out. Save room for dessert, but try to come before or after peak hours when it gets crowded and annoyingly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoergoerDined on 10/16/2014Fabulous spot! Unexpected sophistication in downtown Paso Robles. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable markup on the winesalbeefoodieDined on 10/12/2014Local wines weren't overly marked up and we appreciated that.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a great dinner with excellent service. Everything was made to order with great attention to detail with respect to the flavor combinations of the super fresh ingredients. Our group started with 2 different wood burning pizzas, perfect, then different salads, great fresh flavors.... then main courses wild boar, duck, abalone and tagine. The Manager came by to make sure our dining experience was superior, and it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FoodieVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food at Artisan is consistently excellent, as it was on my last visit. The halibut on the menu and the bison fettuccine special were awesome. Seasoning is perfect. The ambiance and service are not perfect, but neither will cause me to stay away, I just wish both were a bit better.Special Features:
- 25th AnniversaryfiremarshalbillVIPDined on 10/7/2014Food was excellent, had the chance to try Bisson and Boar. Unique foods and well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Innovative DishesSakiDined on 10/5/2014We showed up to grab a couple of small plates and really enjoyed our selections. The Mushroom Toast was outstanding (despite some burnt crust that overwhelmed the flavors on those bites) and the Rabbit Bolognaise (sorry for the bad spelling) was one of the most flavorful dishes I'd ever had. It's also fun to have a good selection of local wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dinner!RBelzVIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I did a 10-day trip from San Francisco down to San Diego, stopping along the way, and this was one of my favorite restaurants in the whole state. Every single bite was amazing and the local wine was delicious too. I highly recommend this restaurant and wish there was one in Maryland!Special Features:
- What happened to ArtisanFoodieInLAVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had the most awful experience at Artisan on October 3, 2014. We always make Artisan our first stop when visiting Paso and have always had great food with good service. This time was very different, the food was average at best, service was terrible. One of the dishes was not what we ordered, the waitress apologized and said they would bring the correct dish out. The correct dish was brought out by one of the kitchen staff, who had major attitude and made a sarcastic comment when putting the plate down. When he later came out to serve another table he glared at us. We complained to the manager, who said they would take the dish off the bill. When we received the bill, the one dish was credited but the incorrect dish was still charged.
- Good food with great serviceEatinoutDined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed our food. Service was attentive. Wine list was great. Yes, would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Artisan is always wonderful.nodoubtDined on 9/28/2014The Artisan is my wife's and my favorite restaurant in Paso Robles. The food is always amazing, the service is great and the ambiance is nice. We've tried different dishes, and have never had anything less than outstanding. The menu is fairly diverse, and changes with the seasons. The only problem is sometimes saving enough room for dessert, but if you do, the rewards are awesome. There are some really nice restaurants in Paso Robles, and there are a few that we really enjoy, but we think the Artisan is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Outstanding.beardinerDined on 9/26/2014Excellent meal. I asked for and received a quieter table for my wife's birthday. Service was very good with good recommendations from the menu.Special Features:
- Anniversary ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Tables too close together. Very noisy. Slow service. Expected reasonably quiet dining for the cost.Special Features:
- Patio DinnerOliveOilDined on 9/22/2014We had a great dinner on the patio across from the park. Our dinner was tasty and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, especially dessert!eatswellDined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious, though you must be a carnivore to really appreciate it. Not a single vegetarian entree/large plate anywhere on the menu. Pizza and salads were unique. Each dish had a little something special about it. Tasty, interesting combinations that weren't too weird. Desserts were out of this world!Special Features:
- Don't try to change menu choices.localandfussyDined on 9/20/2014Food good but server unable to alter menu choices to accommodate allergies & choices. Service good but a bit on the slow side. Would like more local wine choice by the glass. I'd like to see all of our upper end restaurants allow free corkage on one bottle from a local winery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Restaurants in PasoJoAnnDined on 9/17/2014Artisan was a wonderful experience starting with our server Kelda who was fantastic. Professional, friendly and very wine savvy. We had the steak and twice baked potatoes. Meat was done to perfection and the potatoes, to die for. If I could get the recipe, I would be one happy lady. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys find food and wine.Special Features:
- A Paso Robles Must DonydinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Before our trip to Paso Robles, we'd asked some friends about restaurants, this one was on all of their lists and they were right. The service was perfect, always there to help and offer assistance without being intrusive. The food is amazing. You can be experimental (sliced boar) but even if you go with a familiar dish it's just different enough that the chef's has added his own style but not so off wall as to disappoint. For example, the scallops came in a broth with mussels, clams, shrimp and a light noodle but didn't take away from the perfection of the scallops. Go, go, go!Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We loved the food. We were a party of 6 and had gone to Artisan for my husbands 50th birthday. The food was delicious, waitress knowledgeable and attentive. We also changed times and # in our party twice with no problems. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingelaineVIPDined on 9/14/2014We traveled up to Paso Robles to attend a concert with some friends and had been told about Artisan, so we tried it. OMG! It was FABULOUS! We ordered several dishes and shared them, kind of like tapas. Everything was extremely well prepared and flavored. What a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Between lunch and dinner?wsantDined on 9/14/2014We love this restaurant! We have had many meals at lunch and dinner before. This weekend we were out wine tasting and missed lunch. We tried to find a restaurant who was serving food at around 3:30. No other restaurant was serving food at time :(. Artisan was the only one who was serving food that time. Granted it was a limited menu but we were able to find something for an early dinner. I would suggest Artisan for any meal (lunch and lunch). If you are between lunch and dinner and need a meal remember Artisan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014A "go to" restaurant in Paso Robles. Imaginative cooking and fine service. Exudes a festive spirit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014FABULOUS!! We were a party of 4 and everything was beyond great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingklgjwgDined on 9/13/2014Had to send 2 dinners back and came back essentially the same as first. Both fish and beef were under done and cold.