Artisan Kitchen and Lounge - Hyatt Regency Princeton
102 Carnegie Center
Princeton, NJ 08540-6200Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Artisan Kitchen and Lounge - Hyatt Regency Princeton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.princeton.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/
- Phone: 6097344200x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Anthony Perrotti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our glass enclosed executive Private Dining Room in the Artisan Kitchen and Lounge will provide you with both the elegance of fine dining, to a very comfortable business setting. With seating of up to 50 guests, this exclusive area will meet all of your specific needs. Special event packages are available to meet your every expectation.
- Private Party Contact: Alan Cagle 6097344069x
- Entertainment: Catch A Rising Star Comedy Club and Dinner show.
- Special Events: Lavish New Years Eve Gala, Christmas Day Brunch, Easter Brunch, Mothers Day Brunch, Thankgiving Day Brunch, Weekend Comedy Shows
A word from Artisan Kitchen and Lounge - Hyatt Regency Princeton
Artisan Kitchen's exotic oasis provides superb ambiance for entertaining clients of enjoying a romantic dinner. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Artisan Kitchen features Mediterranean influences culinary cuisines. The menu is designed to please every palate. Intimate private dining is available with a glass enclosed room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Artisan Kitchen and Lounge - Hyatt Regency Princeton reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A bit highoutoflineDined on 5/11/2014Brunch on Mother's day was very good. The food is excellent, the service is average the seating is OK. The cost is a bit high. The brunch cost included 18% service charge (six or more people, we were six) and 18% gratuity...This is about 38% of the total bill for non-food items (simply service).Special Features:
- Beyond terribleDisgustedDined on 5/1/2014We made an early reservation in order to eat dinner before an event that began at 7 p.m. We arrived promptly at 5:30. A busboy brought little platters with bits of bread and filled our water glasses. No waiter came. Eventually, a busboy took our order. No food came. As time went by we spoke with the manager. No food came. We spoke with the manager again. No food came. The manager finally reported he was "trying" to talk to the kitchen but they were unresponsive. At 6:35 we left for our event, never having eaten. We noticed this happened at selected other tables too. My advice: stay away!! especially if you're hungry!!
- Awful!!!!!angelaVIPDined on 5/1/2014They did not honor my reservation. When we were finally seated the table had no glass or silverware. They were terribly understaffed. The restaurant was packed full of people attending the talk upstairs. 10 minutes till waitress appears. We told her now only had 20 minutes. When the women sitting next to us left (without paying because they couldn't get anyone to give them a check!!!) We moved to the extra two spots at their table so we had glass & silverware. We never got water. (or the wine I ordered) we asked for the check & to-go containers as we received our food(because we didn't have time to eat the food) the bus boy was incredibly rude to me when I asked him for a container because our waitress had disappeared. Management fail!
- Need improvementMabelDined on 4/20/2014I went to Hyatt for many times when it was still crystal restaurant and I appreciate it better than this time. When the brunch was taken over by artisan it us not good as what I'm expecting . Ambience is boring, music is dry , service suck and waiter don't know what they're doing. We waited a long time to be greeted by our waitress and we have to ask where she is. There's no proper introduction to a place . They didn't welcome us as a guest.less food compared as before . Too croweded and noisy surroundings. Not worth of how much we paid for. And we decided we are not planning to go back anymoreSpecial Features:
- Nice dinner with great serviceChuckVIPDined on 3/5/2014Had a business dinner there and the food was tasty and well prepared. The ladies who served us were excellent as well. Will be back there in the very near future.Special Features:
- we were the only ones thererarelyeatoutDined on 12/26/2013We went the day after Christmas so there was no one in the restaurant but us, which was a little weird, but the food was good and the service nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great BrunchSoccerRefDined on 12/25/2013Have gone to this brunch on Christmas Day three years in a row, and have never been disappointed. The food options are very good, the servers are very attentive and the Hyatt works hard to make the day feel special (nice ice sculptures, by the way). Of particular note on this visit were the crab claws, the smoked salmon and the cheese options. Also a very varied dessert buffet. And Michael, one of the cooking staff leads, is the best---he even joined us at our table for cheese, crackers and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food at reasonableTommyTuckerDined on 11/28/2013Decent food at reasonable prices, good service but lacks atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good idea, but.....MariceannDined on 7/21/2012There was only 1 waiter and his helper for the entire restaurant that was full. Our food was cold and improperly cooked and we left it - no offer to make it right. The seating is in the open lobby area of the basement and is supposed to be a dining in the garden experience; however there was also a wedding party with all its guest milling about on the atrium with running & screaming children, etc. No music, but the noise of the surroundings is you ambience. The best part of the meal was the Crystal Garden Salad made with slivers of cucumber creating a bowl for the arrugula, bleu cheese, cranberries, and nuts - delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceAndySVIPDined on 5/30/2012The bar menu could have a better tapas offering...But what we did order was great...On the dinner menu the grilled atlantic char was fantastic and the crystal garden salad with apples, pecan and crumbled cheese was so good and eye catching people actually take its picture...The service was what makes me want to come back, Brian the bartender and server of our meal was top notch all the way...The service was memorable enough that every time we return we will ask to sit in his section or relax in the Koi Pond Club Bar next to the Crystal GardenSpecial Features:
- Hyatt name says it allAndySVIPDined on 5/30/2012We felt like we had outside seating near a koi pond and enjoyed a great meal and equally great service. It would be great if they expanded the small plates/tapas section of the menu for when you aren't as hungry, because the food is always great.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Food and variety did not meet past performance. Have been here for several years. This event was disappointing.Special Features:
- The description doesnt't reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2012The description doesnt't really clue you into the fact that you're eating in the interior courtyard of the hotel. The excellent food does not match the ambiance as you are surrounded by loud guests, a tv room for the kids, and tables fit for a mall eating area, not a fine restaurant. The food was excellent, but they really should isolate the area from the hotel, and class it up.
- This was the worst dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012This was the worst dinning for us. The food and the service was terrible. I will give it a zero rating for the food and for the service. We will never go back to the crystal garden again.
- Go somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012The food was disappointing, and very expensive. It is not worth a return trip.
- HORRIBLE.....STAY AWAY!SEXXYLYPPSVIPDined on 12/31/2011I came here for a quick lunch on New Year's Eve Day; I sat in The Koi Pond Club. Dawn, the bartender, was HORRENDOUS; no personality; she got upset when she found out I was not ordering an alcoholic beverage. I ordered a coke and she only filled it up 3/4 way; when I brought it to her attention, she said "DO YOU WANT MORE?". She did not give me an itemized bill; I had to ask for it. $4.00 is LUDICROUS for a soda. I asked to speak to a Manager, but he didn't seem too phased. This Hyatt is now being run by Davidson Group and it has really gone down hill. I will not do business with them again! STAY AWAY!
- From the food to the serviceMRM1106Dined on 12/11/2011From the food to the service everything was fantastic and will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Champagne brunch pricey, worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2011The variety and the quality of the food was very good. It is a little expensive so come early and bring your appetite to make it worth your while. Traditional breakfast bar, cereal and bread station, seafood bar, entree bar, omelet station, carving station, and a desert bar. The Belgian waffles were excellent. The mini cannoli were very good. It is going on my "places to eat once or twice a year" list.Special Features:
- We enjoyed ourselves veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2011We enjoyed ourselves very much. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. ServiceOnceawaiterDined on 11/4/2011Very disappointing. Service was slow. Kids from the hotel were running around the area.
- The food was good and theMomma9484VIPDined on 10/9/2011The food was good and the staff was excellent, but it was a bit over-priced. That's what you get for the convenience of having a restaurant in a hotel though... If you're staying there and don't want to take the free shuttle elsewhere, the food is definitely good!Special Features:
- We actually dined in the KoiSEXXYLYPPSVIPDined on 7/28/2011We actually dined in the Koi Pond lounge. The food was fair; not as good as other Hyatts I have been to. Service was good; but then I asked for mustard, and I had to wait for that. It was OK for Happy Hour; which is only 2 hours long; 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- The Easter Bunch was firstOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2011The Easter Bunch was first class all the way. The food, service and ambiance was outstanding.Special Features:
- The breakfast buffet was fair.WimpyDined on 4/24/2011The breakfast buffet was fair. Very standard foods. The fresh fruit tray needed to be restocked. We were there for approx 45 minutes and the same melon slices (about 5) were there the entire time. However, the guy making the omelets was great--the omelet was the highlight of the meal.Special Features:
- This was a horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011This was a horrible experience as it was my birthday week, Easter Sunday, and I thought we had made reservations for the Easter Brunch. This was the regular breakfast which was relocated in an ugly ballroom with poor lighting, unappetizing food (Hilton Garden Hotels give a much better breakfast for their hotel guests). The hostess couldn't fit us into the Easter Brunch as we had told her about the mistake we made so we went to another restaurant in downtown Princeton. Live and learn.
- The Crystal Garden restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2011The Crystal Garden restaurant is an open area akin to a food court in a mall. Nicer decor, yes, but certainly not a spot for a romantic dinner. The server was lovely and very informative. The food was very disappointing. The potatoes were over salted and the crab was barely there in the crab cakes. My husband ordered duck that was well disguised in barbeque sauce. They did adjust our bill and asked that we come back and give them a second chance. I don't think we'll bother.
- Bad service experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2011Even though the food was good, the service was very bad and I would not recommend it to other diners. When I arrived there was no one to seat me. The lady at the bar eventually noticed me standing around and seated me. When I was finished with my main meal I waited 15 minutes before someone came and cleared the table. I waited again to order desert and get desert and again to get the bill.
- Breakfast BuffetDCAMichaelVIPDined on 2/21/2011Was there for breakfast. They had a nice buffet with quiche, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, fruit and a good assortment of breads and pastries. Definitely had a hotel feel rather than a restaurant, but it was a good breakfast. You could also order off the menu, but we chose the buffet.Special Features:
- I remember back when you couldOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/20/2011I remember back when you could barely get a table for brunch due to the crowds. Now it's quiet...too quiet...and it may have something to do with the lackluster service that moves in ultra slow motion. You can be half-finished with brunch before you get someone's attention to bring more coffee or juice, and we had to bus our own plates to an empty table because we just couldn't get anyone to come by. The food isn't bad, but it's nothing stellar.Special Features:
- Have been going to Hyatt SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2011Have been going to Hyatt Sunday brunch for special occasions for 15 years. Always have a good time. Food is very good and friendly service. Highly recommend for ANY occasion.Special Features:
- Soup and sandwich for threeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/26/2010Soup and sandwich for three with three drinks was $100. before gratuity. Very overpriced.
- This is a convenient restaurantRonjjVIPDined on 12/15/2010This is a convenient restaurant to dine in when visiting Princeton. Although not crowded at the time we were there, the service was exceptional and friendly. The menu was varied and the food we both ordered was beautifully presented and had an excellent taste. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- As always, the Hyatt was great.LizOVIPDined on 11/7/2010As always, the Hyatt was great. Barbara is the absolute best waitress, so ask for her!!Special Features:
- I definitely felt rushed.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2010I definitely felt rushed. I got a little attitude from the servers.
- Had a nice lunch at the KoiSEXXYLYPPSVIPDined on 9/11/2010Had a nice lunch at the Koi Bar due to the fact that the restaurant was closed. Jeff was extremely helpful; he was very nice, personable, and very professional. My hamburger was very good; there were so many fries I could. not finishSpecial Features:
- We had a very lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2010We had a very lovely evening , relaxed etc. Regret Prosecco splits not a bar option.Waitress was outstanding. Travel time was very worthwhile.Special Features:
- Did not sit down to eat because;OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2010Did not sit down to eat because; 1) empty to the point of resembling a mausoleum 2) situated in middle of lobby a major disappointment.
- Love the waitstaff and theLizOVIPDined on 6/25/2010Love the waitstaff and the food has always been great. If you're looking for a nice quiet place to have dinner the Crysta Garden is where you need to be.
- Wonderful buffet brunch withSheriSVIPDined on 6/20/2010Wonderful buffet brunch with a wide variety of foods from seafood, omelette station, salads and even a low table with kid friendly foods like mac and cheese. Even though it was a self serve buffet, our waiter was not very attentive never offering more coffee or other drinks. The dessert array was amazing with a huge choice. There was also a variety of nuts, muffins and various breads and rolls. Will definitely go back as it's worth the money even though a little priceySpecial Features:
- nice place and great buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/6/2010nice place and great buffet selection. this year, they removed the 'make your own omelette' section and now charge extra if you want an omelette. No more smoked salmon, either. was much better last yearSpecial Features: