Artisan Indian Cuisine - The Menu
2700 W El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Artisan Indian Cuisine - The Menu
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themenuindia.com/
- Phone: 4088006368
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: W, Th-Mon 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: W, Th-Mon 5:30pm-10:00pm
Happy Hour: W, Th-Mon 5:30pm-10:00pm
We are closed on Tuesdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer catering to corporate and private groups our vintage wine and beer bar offers ‘bar bites’ to die for. From an intimate candle-light dinner for two in a private room to a well-equipped banquet hall for 100 plus guests to have corporate seminars, events or celebrations, we have put together an elegant array of services.
A word from Artisan Indian Cuisine - The Menu
The Menu" has been inspired by our passion to offer a uniquely different fine dining experience to our patrons. Our innovative menu reflects select Indian cuisine to match demanding global palates of Silicon Valley. Our menu is hand crafted using only the freshest and finest ingredients available, preferably sourced from local waters, farms and artisan producers of Northern California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Artisan Indian Cuisine - The Menu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Surprisingly quiet for a FridayJmalDined on 2/21/2014Surprisingly quiet for a Friday night - perhaps we missed the dinner crowd by the time we got there. Service was prompt. Food was excellent. And they had some interesting wine offerings. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Slow and slouchy!LuvindianDined on 2/14/2014It was very slow and the servers seemed to forget everything. We had to ask for our tea, our bread, our hot water... Second Valentin's Day. they get busy and can't handle it. We were embarrassed that we took our friends there. The servers are nice and it's not their fault. They are understaffed. There is no hostess and the booths slouch! We were significantly lower than our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work group dinnerDPowDined on 1/22/2014The restaurant isn't crowded so there was plenty of room to host our work group dinner. The price was reasonable, service & food both good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great; service spottyClydesdaleDined on 10/7/2013Food was great. We had grilled prawns, an eggplant and tomato dish, and lamb and rice. There was a buffet table that was not in use at dinner, so I assume it is used for lunch. Few tables occupied (we were there for an early-ish dinner on a week night), but the two servers seemed engaged doing something behind the scenes (rather than in the dining room), and it was difficult to get their attention for e.g., another glass of wine and then the check. Water carafe on table was nice, but water was not cold and had off-flavor of Mountain View tap water. (I normally drink tap water, but not from a Mountain View tap if there is another option.) Bar in separate room, but nobody was there, so couldn't tell if it was available for use or closed.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and good service!GilroyGirlDined on 9/14/2013We had their brunch on a Saturday and really enjoyed the food and the service, we stayed a long time visiting and they were very kind and continued to bring us drinks and water, even after they closed. Food was terrific - can't wait to go back againand try their regular meals. I just wish they were closer to home...but I am willing to drive from south county for food this good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what so everwhatsoeverDined on 8/26/2013the interior was nice. the food was fine. the service was good.Special Features:
- Excellant foodjoaniDined on 8/2/2013Delicious, authentic food. Clean flavors without heavy oiliness found in many Indian restaurants. Two members of our party are frequent travelers to India and both said the food was at The Menu was excellent. We arrived early on a Friday evening (6:15) and the place was empty. We ate in the bar and were treated like special guests. By the time we left, the place was filling up.Special Features:
- Good Punjabi FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013The food was excellent, with just the right amount of spices. My only complaint is that it was a little pricey. I would rate it very good or even higher if the pricing was more moderate.Special Features:
- I expected something better.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2013I expected something better. Their buffet was limited and nothing special.
- Reasonable food in a less crowded lShekarDined on 7/4/2013Less crowded, and if you can get past that, then it is a good place!Special Features:
- Good, interesting foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013They have some interesting items that go beyond normal Indian food. For example the quinoa biriyani was awesome. They have beers, including Kingfisher, on tap, which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh food and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2013Excellent fresh food and attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did not try much of vegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013I did not try much of vegetarian items. The day of my visit for lunch (buffet), they had only chicken items and all of them are good including chicken biryani. Coming to desert, the gajar halwa looked good but had some sort of unusual smell. The other two desert items were very good.Special Features:
- Service was horrible, whenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2013Service was horrible, when we told that to the waiter he said "talk to my manager....I can't find him now....I just work here"Special Features:
- The service was horrendous.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013The service was horrendous. We had to ask for a 2nd helping of the papad 3 times before they brought it to our table. Same with the silverware and salt. The food was too spicy to eat.
- Bad service, so-so food, extremelyClairvoyantVIPDined on 3/2/2013Bad service, so-so food, extremely loud due to a private party. Not going back there again.
- OK but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2013This was one of those middle-of-the road dining experiences that wasn't awful but wasn't quite right either. We ordered 3 meat dishes and 3 vegetables. Most of the dishes were tasty, but they arrived cold - we wondered if we were eating leftovers from the lunch buffet. Service was similarly hit or miss - polite when we got their attention, but too busy chatting on the phone to say hello when we arrived, and we had to ask for our drinks twice. The ambiance was nice enough too, but there was a weird problem with the furniture. We sat in the corner booth. I am 6'2" tall - I am not a short man at all. The surface of the table was literally even with my nipples. All in all - enjoyed the evening (always do! :-), but not a re
- Vegetarian selection is less.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2013Vegetarian selection is less. Price is very reasonable. They make you wait for long to serve. Food can be better but its not bad at all.Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013The food was good but the service was very slow and disorganized. We were there for an hour and our appetizer didn't even come. We were serve a couple pieces of the thin crackers for the entire table for 7 (5 adults 2 kids). Then the appetizer came after almost 2 hours. Then one chiken dish came without any of the rice or Naan bread we ordered. My brother had their buffet lunch and thought the food was great. So, he suggested we all went there for dinner. After the experience we had, we probably would come back but only to lunch or brunch when they have the buffet and never for dinner again.
- We had the chicken tikka masala,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We had the chicken tikka masala, navaratna koorma and lamb dum biryani. All three were tasty. Service was unhurried, courteous and pleasant. The restaurant was decorated appropriately for the day - Valentine's day.Special Features:
- Simply Ordinary.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/24/2012Achari Baingan - Total disappoinment. It was simply eggplant in Punjabi Kadhi - even though they serve Punjabi Kadhi as a separate dish. Service was ordinary. No water, silverware, plates until first 20/25 minutes and no one noticed it either - we had to ask for it! Good thin - breads - we ordered the mixed bread basket - this was very good. Everything else was run of the usual north indian dishes that you will find any other SF bay area restaurant. Will not visit again.
- There were five of us forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2012There were five of us for dinner. The food was good and the service excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious food. Lots of excellentThumperVIPDined on 12/5/2012Delicious food. Lots of excellent spices - nothing dummed down for the wimpy American palate. The chicken fry is excellent - not even in the same ballpark as "The Colonels"! The lamb rogan josh was so tasty and SO tender. Loved it. Weird that I had to order rice to go with it. Happy this restaurant is close to me!Special Features:
- For a quite new restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/3/2012For a quite new restaurant, these folks have put together a very good menu and excellent service. The owner greeted us and the chef actually added an item to our order at no additional charge due to our being uncertain about one menu choice. Although we did not go to the wine bar, the layout looked quite comfortable and vibrant. We will try it out next time.Special Features:
- the Indian-inspired food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012the Indian-inspired food was excellent, and our friendly server made good recommendations about quantities, not trying to over-sell, as well as good cominations of entrees with each other. there was a wide mix of young/old/families and it was excellent value for the money. a place to return to !Special Features:
- Great lunch buffet for groupOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2012Enjoyed the lunch buffet very much and would go again.Special Features:
- Good food at a priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012The food was really nice. One of the most authentic Indian food in the US. The Paneer Tikka Masala was very tasty and actually had flavor. No music was being played and that bummed me out a bit. But overall, a great, if not slightly pricey experience.Special Features:
- The restaurant is locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012The restaurant is located on a not-so-busy side of El Camino Real. Very nice ambiance. The food quality is good. The samosa's were freshly made in-house. The Naan was very fresh and good. We loved the palak paneer. They also have live music on every thursday, which I heard will be once a month going forward. The music was very good. It is a big restaurant, good for large gatherings. This place does not seem to be very popular yet, but will definitely be soon.Special Features:
- We went for a team lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2012We went for a team lunch. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food. It was great. The whole team (veg and non-veg eaters) liked it.Special Features:
- Sad to see few dishes in lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Sad to see few dishes in lunch buffet was not warm . Organic food not sure? Good place to host party . Overall food was average.Special Features:
- Ver fresh Indian fare. UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012Ver fresh Indian fare. Unique foods, but wished it was spicier.Special Features:
- Artisan is new to this locationelaineKOAVIPDined on 8/16/2012Artisan is new to this location previously occupied by other Indian Restaurants. We were pleased with our first visit for dinner. A comfortable dining room with well-spaced tables and attentive service. They provided complimentary pompadones and two sauces at the table. The chicken tika masala and my husband's lamb dish were both excellent.I usually do not eat lamb entrees but this was was flavored with unusual spices that made it desirable. The quantity of food served was very generous and less expensive than at other Peninsula restaurants. Currently they do not have a full bar for coctails. We noticed other attractive dishes with wonderful aromas ordered at other tables. We look forward to trying their other dishes.
- Good food. 6:00 pm only oneThumperVIPDined on 7/5/2012Good food. 6:00 pm only one other table with customers. Would go again.
- Wonderful New Indian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/24/2012Just had our first dinner here, and this is now our "go to" Indian restaurant -- replacing the one just down El Camino that has been our favorite for years. Wonderful food, everything was delicious and perfectly cooked. We had the fried cauliflower starter (worth the "fried" calories!), the Tandoori prawms (tender, perfectly seasoned ), the butter chicken (tender, perfectly seasoned), and the palak paneer (delicious -- was that a hint of fresh ginger I tasted?). Can't wait to go back. Our servers seemed to really care whether we liked the food -- and we DID like the food. Decent wine list -- a glass of the Alsatian Gewurtz goes great with this food -- or take your own Riesling and pay corkage.Special Features:
- Nice to find an Indian cuisineveg8tableVIPDined on 5/20/2012Nice to find an Indian cuisine restaurant that has fresh ingredients and a lower fat alternative. We will be regulars at the Artisan Restaurant..Special Features:
- the food was very bad...itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2012the food was very bad...it had no flavor ... no spices... basically no taste... very disappointed.... will never go again... the worst indian food u can get in bay area...Special Features:
- The food, service, etc. wereMuchachaDined on 3/31/2012The food, service, etc. were all good, but I found the value to be poor because we ended up spending a lot of money.