1501 West Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89102Neighborhood:
Near the Strip
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Artisan Hotel Boutiques’ Mood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.artisanhotel.com/
- Phone: 7022144000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Late Night: 11pm - 6am (Fri-Sat)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Torrie Duenas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Several venues to choose from...patio, pool and restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Martine Jordan 702-214-4000
Chef Torrie Duenas has created an exceptional dining experience at Mood Restaurant at the Artisan. There's seating indoors and outside on the patio, with a menu featuring an original take on contemporary American favorites with a sly international twist.
- Not worth the money, time & effortOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014Interesting surrealist gothic enclave featuring unusual painting reproductions, spacial picture frames, and odd sorts of eclectic art...the food was average at best despite the reviews, wait staff was limited to one waiter and one waitress from the bar doing double duty in both the bar and restaurant. Several entrees were unavailable and the is no dessert list. The dining room seats forty or so. Patrons are locals dining with social media discount coupons. Serving time took 30 minutes from seating to receive appetizer and an additional 30 minutes for the entree service. While a relaxing and pleasant experience, I would not return - even if someone else was picking up the check.
- It was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2013It was our first time dining at the Artisan. While the atmosphere was amazing (very different) there was only one waiter on staff and the service was extremely slow. He was doing his best but they really needed more staff. The food was very good and the menu was original and varied. We would go again - but not the place to dine if you are in hurry.Special Features:
- Dining nightmarewollawsDined on 10/24/2013All tables were very wobbly. There was no wine list. It took a good half hour to get drinks, and there were only 3 tables of patrons in the entire room! There was a DJ setting up in the bar area who had to "test" his equipment, and we had to listen to an incredibly loud booming bass. The DJ was asked to turn it down several times. One group of 4 people refused to stay and left. Appetizers arrived 1 1/2 hrs into our stay, but were very good. Entrees were also slow, but very good. It seems as though they don't know if they want to be a bar/disco or classy restaurant and they are failing at both as a result. It was a very uncomfortable evening for our group of 4 as well as the other patrons.
- So Much Potential!LVKatDined on 9/14/2013I'm a big fan of the vibe at the Artisan - love the old school French design. My husband and I are also a fan of the afterhours scene here, so we were very excited to try the restaurant, especially after seeing the gorgeous food photos! Alas, we were let down in a big, big way. Food was HORRIBLE - scallops dish was such an awful mishmash. Very disappointing - hugely limited menu too, what is online is not what they offer. Most things on the VERY small wine list weren't available either. But our server in the lounge was awesome and saved the day! Still, I can't recommend Mood. For dancing, the Artisan rocks. Not for food.Special Features:
- Worst Food EverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2013I was left completely unimpressed with the taste of the food as well as the presentation. There was absolutely nothing special about what we ate. I would definitely NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone. The appetizer was too salty, the pork tenderloin was a large slab of meat on the plate, and my scallop dish was below average. On top of that, our deserts came out completely cold when they should have been served warm. On a good note, our server was very attentive.
- The best blue crab cake EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013The best blue crab cake EVER! Very delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haunted Mansion w/o Peopleksb1001VIPDined on 7/26/2013We dined at the Mood Restaurant last Friday night. Inside of the hotel looks like the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. Pictures on the ceilings and walls. The restaurant itself was cosmetically fine. THERE WAS NO ONE THERE BUT US! The service was reasonably good. Prices were a tad high. Steaks were not good - by those that had them. Macaroni & cheese was tasteless. I had barbecued chicken and corn which was good. Techo music played throughout and we finally requested that the door to the bar be closed. Service was reasonably good....but only considering there was one table. Waiter was pleasant. Wiouldn't recommend and wouldn't go again! W
- Groovy cocktail spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/5/2013The Artisan is a super grovy venue with tons of vintage Vegas charm. From the minute you pull into the valet you are transported to another time - From the fountain in the lobby to the lushly decorated bar and even the outdoor patio- There are lots of little nooks & crannies to sneak off for an intimate cocktail. Perfect for drinks, and while the food is tasty, this is not a fine dining restaurant environment. Visit Artisan before or after dinner, and of course, their highly acclaimed after hours.Special Features:
- We will try again...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Very cool little spot with excellent ambience. Food was pretty good but unexpectantly limited due to Valentines Day menu. Service below average - it appeared they were overwhelmed by the Valentines crowd. NO wine list and the server had very little knowledge of what was available, which apparently was very little anyway. Service at the bar after dinner was atrocious. Only one of a couple people at the bar but we walked out after being ignored for about 15 minutes because the bar tender was focused on the server station and other conversations. We will give it another try sometime simply because it has the potential to be a cool little dining spot.Special Features:
- The hotel is very dark andCttwinsVIPDined on 1/30/2013The hotel is very dark and has a strong perfume smell that I did not care for at all. The service and food were quality, but the other factors might not bring me back.
- I have always loved the ArtisanAimsDined on 1/17/2013I have always loved the Artisan for it's different vibe and typically good food. This time, we waited an awfully long time for our food (and I recognize we were a party of six but we were the only ones there for quite some time). Also, the waiter was nice but it took him awhile to get us anything past water for our drinks. Again, bizarre since we were the only ones there. The food was good as usual but the rib appetizer was pretty fatty. This most recent experience however doesn't dissuade my overall appreciation for the place.
- service was spotty....cocktailjanaysDined on 9/28/2012service was spotty....cocktail waitress came to table to get drink orders and never brought drinks....had to go to the bar and get them ourselves.... great atmosphere tho...and we would come backSpecial Features:
- loove this place the GothicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012loove this place the Gothic scenery and wonderful paintings along with he dim lighting ans attentive service really sets the place apart from anywhere else in vegas,the food menu is limited and is fair as far as taste and price but i really come here for the mood and look of the place.Special Features:
- Mood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2012We are locals and love this hotel. We love the bar and the ambiance of the bar. We've wanted to try the restaurant for a long time. Sadly, we won't go back here to eat. I will say that the bread basket was really good.Special Features:
- The 'Mood' Comedy Dinner ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2012The 'Mood' Comedy Dinner Show at Artisan was amazing! Great show, great food and outstanding service!Special Features:
- Empty for a reasonOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/19/2012This place had great reviews, but in our experience is isn't worth the price or the trip. First, it is very hard to find; the address is listed as W Sahara, but it is actually hidden among the access roads formed by the 15 freeway. We arrived for a 7:30 reservation on a Saturday and were the ONLY PEOPLE in the restaurant! The waiter was nice, but what we ordered was not what we got, I guess it is too much trouble to do prep work if you don't expect anyone, so instead of the sides and sauces for each of our dishes as listed in the menu, we got mashed potatoes and spinach. At the end, the bill was surprisingly high - $166 (incl tip and tax) for two meals, one salad and two drinks each.
- Across the street from a strip bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012We arrived at the Restaurant only to find there was no one there.We had to walk over to the bar and ask if the Restaurant was open. The bartender went and found someone who then told us to sit anywhere (we were the only ones there!).It was surprising to me to see the Restaurant empty being that it was Mother's Day.The menu was different from the one they have posted online and the prices were higher. It gave me an uneasy feeling, and I felt that was misleading. We were there to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and did not want to risk ruining the occasion by the lack of service and the eerie "Twilight Zone" feel of the place.We left without eating,and chose a another restaurant that did not feel like Dracula was lurking around the corner!
- The decor was dark and wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2012The decor was dark and wonderful! The hotel lobby and restaurant had fantastic paintings and furniture. The food was fantastic!Special Features:
- This boutique hotel is reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2012This boutique hotel is really an all night party hotel only on Friday-Sun - We were the only ones in the restaurant, it seems that during the week it is dead. Off the Vegas strip, very interesting and unique hotel/restaurant design - a one of a kind place
- A very interesting boutiqueFoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2012A very interesting boutique hotel. Entrance is quite dark. Lots of paintings all over , even the ceiling. Great outdoor patio area although they allow smoking out there. Overall, quite enjoyable ! .Special Features:
- your bartender "T" was soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2012your bartender "T" was so pleasant that we ended up eating at the bar as there was no one in the restaurant. The food was very good, not overly quirky, just good, plain food. Service was superb.Special Features:
- Great place - unique and eclectic.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/24/2012Great place - unique and eclectic. The food is unexpectedly PHENOMENAL. Bravo!Special Features:
- We had the pre fixe four courseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012We had the pre fixe four course dinner on Valentine's Day. The food impressed us. The ahi tuna starter was superb, and the bisque that followed was also quite good. Both of our entrees were delicious (one was a tenderloin with a mushroom reduction; the other a roasted chicken breast). Dessert was equally good, a freshly baked hot pastry with chocolate cream filling served with ice cream topped with a chocolate swirl. The atmosphere is dark and romantic, relatively quiet. Service was attentive enough. Not crowded, either, despite the excellence of the food and the reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Awful random music that doesn'tFrancesVIPDined on 1/6/2012Awful random music that doesn't fit the scene. Way too cold. A little out of place. Yummy food, though!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Had a beautiful dinner New Years Eve 2012! Thank for a memorable night ScarlettSpecial Features:
- An Unhappy Dining Event.VanBVIPDined on 11/27/2011When we arrived for our 6:45PM reservation, there wasn't a soul in or around the restaurant! We found a cocktail waitress at the bar, and she seated us. No host, no person to greet us!! We were the only party in the whole place--very wierd!! A waiter did appear shortly, took our cocktail order, and then it was a while before even our cocktails arrived!! Then our dinner order was taken-- and an extra long wait between that and the actual serving of our food. We suspect that the waiter was the chef too!!(this is only speculation-as he told us that one order of a porkchop "was frozen" and would be a while longer!!) Anyway, all in all, it was not a happy dining experience!! We probably will not be back, at least for dinner with friends!
- I think my answers to theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011I think my answers to the required field tell the tale.
- Her name is Portia ...theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2011Her name is Portia ...the best when it comes to service!!! Ask for her!!! Daughter & myself had a late dinner, New York for me.....Carb cakes & lobster mac for my daughter! Initially, Portia had to pistol- whip her help to get any bread to our table, then back-hand the chef to cook my NY to a medium rare, not rare! In the middle of the crab cakes were what my daughter thought to be bean sprouts...then found out from the staff that they were a type of radish...that explained the really nasty bitter taste!!! Please forwarn your guests! After a recook for the steak, then chef redeemed himself!!! The overall presentation/plating was visually elegant and savory looking!!! My daughter loved the lob/mac combo & the crab cakes! The steak was A+Special Features:
- Took forever to get a menu,FrancesVIPDined on 8/21/2011Took forever to get a menu, yummy mochas, and pacakes... Slow service, though.
- Upon arriving, we were notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2011Upon arriving, we were not greeted. I booked a reservation through OpenTable for 8. I told the bartender and she said, "oh honey, just call us next time because we don't get that stuff." The server let us know that she was setting up a table for our group of 8. It was also my mother's birthday, we had informed the sever. She said it was going to be about 5 minutes. After we watched her push tables together in the main dining room, and after 15 minutes, one of our guests asked the sever when the table would be ready. She said she was finishing up and we were welcome to come in. We were sat in a private dining room that was cold with no music. Service was fair. Food was decent. Would prefer to go next time for a romatic dinner.Special Features:
- After we arrived, it tookOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/29/2011After we arrived, it took someone ten minutes to approach us and seat us, and we were the only people in the restaurant. We ordered the lobster bisque, it was so full of sherry our mouth was on fire, we went it back. The rest of the food was mediocre, nothing impressive, so that in combination with the service, I won't be going back. Way too many other good restaurants in town to waste time & money there.Special Features:
- Food was good, although theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2011Food was good, although they seemed to be out of alot of items. Service was extremely slow, drinks and food took forever to get to the table.
- Great service, ambiance andTwitterRealityShowDined on 7/16/2011Great service, ambiance and food. Wide selection. Secret celebrity hideout---Whoops I told you.Special Features:
- Meh!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/11/2011Great ambience but the food was mediocre and overpriced.Special Features:
- Patio Romantic, Food GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/6/2011Used a Groupon for this restaurant while on vacation in Las Vegas. Away from the strip in the Artsy section of town. They had a party that booked the actual restaurant that night so we had a choice of the bar area (kind of dark) or the patio. The patio worked out great since it was a beautiful night (the trees were lit and is was romantic), but I think we should have been told when we called that day to change the time of our reservations. Our server was sweet but over her head handling the patio. It took almost an hour to get my husband's buffalo chicken wrap. When we reminded her about it after over a half hour she said it was coming. We weren't in a hurry so we just enjoyed the breeze. The food was really great & we'd go back.Special Features:
- Food was good,service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2011Food was good,service was terrible. Our server was very nice, unfortunately they were understaffed and it took forever to get our food. We ate appetizers but decided to take our dinner home, since it took so long. Will not go to the restaurant but maybe the lounge/bar, since it was still a cool boutique hotel.Special Features:
- Whilst the food was OK, overallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2011Whilst the food was OK, overall I was disappointed. The decor is strange to say the least.
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2011Great food, great service! Small intimate dining room with lively musician. Perfect for date night or group dinners!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful and veryMatterofTasteVIPDined on 3/18/2011We had a wonderful and very tasty meal here. We love that they were able to serve us after flying in on a late flight.Special Features:
- I like this property becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2011I like this property because it breaks the norm with typical Las Vegas offerings. It's eclectic and off the Strip. The food at the restaurant has improved greatly over the last year but somehow they still can't seem to get the right approach to service.