10 Avery Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artisanbistroboston.com/
- Phone: 6175747176x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday (A La Carte): 7:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:30am
Friday & Saturday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday: 10:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Yeo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Artisan Bistro's features a semi private dining area that seats up to 32 people; With Personalized menus from Executive Chef Andrew Yeo and Chef Adam Kube.
- Private Party Contact: Christopher Ferrara 6175747175x
A word from Artisan Bistro
Artisan Bistro is a modern and inviting dining room dressed in rich dark and light woods with elegant European design elements. Accents of black, off-white, cognac, blues and warm grays echo a classic bistro look and feel. Crafted wood wainscoting throughout the room and soft ambient lighting from above highlight the white-washed, wood floors to further enhance the bistro-like setting. New stitched-leather booth seating lines the dramatic floor to ceiling wall of windows overlooking Avery Street and two high-top u-shaped booths frame the space on either end. Additional cluster seating is intimate and close, allowing for easy conversation and lively exchange. Artisan Bistro features fresh, local seasonal dishes that present artisanal cooking in an approachable way. The restaurant’s bar is lively but casual with specialty cocktails, local microbrews, an extensive wine list and signature brunch Bloody Mary menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Artisan Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)great for brunch (10)special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)romantic (2)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Artisan bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Went here for dinner early before a concert service was prompt for the most part and nice ambience. The lobster tacos were a delicious appetizer and the grilled swordfish entree was excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Average and overpriced for what was served. Food was lacking in flavors outside of the ordinary.
- Excellent Restuarant. Great ServiceBostonEatsDined on 7/14/2014I attended the restaurant with a few friends after making the reservation on Open Table and the table was ready when I arrived. All of the staff were extremely pleasant and attentive. The menu was great, would definitely come back to try one of their specials. Good selection of drinks and classic cocktails. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not so RitzyjackVIPDined on 7/6/2014Waiting a half hour for a server to approach a table is unacceptable, even after asking the manager.His excuse is that they were too busy all at once. That's not a diner's problem. Also note that this is a Ritz property and the labeled jar of marmalade was of inferior quality as the first ingredient was corn fructose syrup. Should not one expect for the price at a Ritz better quality?
- Ask for Eugene!boathouseVIPDined on 7/5/2014If you want to be pampered or just feel extra special -- ask for Eugene. He is a legend at the Ritz and takes a visit at the Artisan Bistro from special to Extra Special. Great place for pre-theater. Menu is seasonal and always a treat.Special Features:
- pre-theatre mealsandyVIPDined on 6/28/2014We ate here on Saturday night before attending the theatre. The service was quit and we were able to have a relaxing meal and get to the performance on time. We had the Seafood Tower and Lobster Tacos for an appetizer. Everything was very fresh and tasty. I had the swordfish for an entree. It was rather mushy, quite different from any swordfish that I have ever had before. My husband had the filet and found it to be satisfactory. Overall, it was a bit disappointing for a Ritz-Carlton restaurant.
- LovelyCkt17Dined on 6/1/2014My daughter and I went here late afternoon at the ballet. Restaurant was still on lunch menu. Good choices, very amenable and attentive waitress, Sandra, who gets high marks from both of us. Made good suggestions, helpful without being smothering. We both enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingMoxieDined on 5/22/2014Service was a disappointment. Waiter seemed charming and eager to serve when we first arrived. But the overall service turned out to be quite lacking for what I would consider "Ritz" standards. Menu was fine and reasonably priced but with limited choices. My water glass was never refilled until I managed to flag down our waiter. Once the entrees were served, the waiter seemed to be MIA from the dining room. I did not see him approach other tables either. Food was adequate for a typical hotel restaurant but nothing special. Expected more from this hotel. Restaurant is convenient if you are heading to the Opera House with its on-site valet parking. That would be my only reason to return or recommend it to anyone.
- Terrible service every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Forgot menus, waited 20 mins for drinks, forgot our salad dressing, My daughters bagel and then her cream cheese. Length of time to get missing items was 15 mins at least. Very difficult to get servers attention. Likely the worst service I have ever had.
- Nice brunch with great serviceselinawDined on 5/11/2014This place is located on a quiet street off the Boston Common. Easily accessible by the T. I have had Sunday brunch here many times with family and friends. We like the menu that offers lobsters, duck, beef as well as pancakes, waffles, etc. Wait staff is attentive. Price is reasonable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I went in for brunch last weekend with four other guests, and we had a wonderful experience. We all loved the set up of the Bloody Mary Bar and enjoyed creating our own drinks. The service was great! Our food was served in a timely manner. We were impressed with the food presentations and we were all pleased with our meal. Overall, the Artisan Bistro did an amazing job and we will be going back very soon!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceFeliciaDined on 5/9/2014Twice recently I have eaten here and been disappointed in the service. When I arrived, I asked the Hostess is being so close to the theaters helped business. She said absolutely. That on theatre/ballet nights they were always full, versus other nights very few patrons. So the establishment knows it needs to be on the ball the night of shows/ballets. Both of my visits ha verrrrrrrry slow service. waited at least 15 minute for the waiter/tress to come say hello. Delivery of the food timing was off. I ordered two meals last night; a salad and main course for each of us. Within 5 minutes, literally, of the salads arriving, the entrees arrived. We had only had 1-2 bites of our salads so we have all courses on the table, crammed in.
- Not putting on the Ritz.Luv2eatDined on 5/9/2014We went for dinner before the evening show at the colonial. Limited menu and the waiter talked us out of what we first wanted because 2.5 hours were not enough for the "experience". Grilled oysters were good. The flat bread pizza's were delicious. We had the salami with provolone and the mushroom with onion and fig. The Papadelle looked great but was flavorless and sitting in a pool of oil. The scallops were just ok. The drinks were interesting and tasty. We went back to the Ritz lounge right off the restaurant for a nightcap and that was a great experience. Would only go back to Artisa Bristol if we wanted something light.Special Features:
- A Good ChoiceBalletBoundDined on 5/8/2014We had dinner at the Artisan Bistro before attending the ballet at the Opera House. The food was wonderful and was beautifully presented. I have been here twice before for brunch and for dinner and I have never been disappointed. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 228 reviews are from the Artisan Bistro reviews archive.
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Food was great. Service was inconsistent. A little slow out of the gate, and then he brought the dessert out while we were still eating the entrees. And it was ice cream, so it needed to be eaten right away. Disappointing for a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Too loud, too slow, mediocre Bloody Marys (came after food was served) and an ingratiating Maitre D…the Ritz?
- Great for Dinner Before the TheatreJayRVIPDined on 4/18/2014A gem in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton, the food, energy & ambiance, and service were all amazing. We ordered the three course tasting menu, but because we were running late, could not get the dessert course in before curtain (this restaurant is conveniently located one block from the Boston Opera House). What did they do? Told us to come back after the show! Which, we did. And, not only was it a really nice touch, but a great way to finish the evening. Also, our waiter, Eugene, was amazing. We are definitely coming back, show or not!Special Features:
- A Good FindCelesteDined on 4/18/2014Had never been here before and will return. Food was terrific and a good wine selection. Wait staff disappeared a bit too often despite us saying that we had to get to theatre. Otherwise, staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre & DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2014Great spot if your going to the Opera house.....Park, Dine, and walk to the show! Food was great with lots of nice apps and specialty cocktails!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTownandcountryDined on 4/13/2014Service was horrible- 100 for 3 and poor at every level Special occasion and had some expectations since it's at Ritz
- Nice meal before the theatermmmBaconDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I dined here prior to a show - the meal was not rushed, the service was great - and the food was really good. I am already planning to return then next time we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a tad noisyMCBosVIPDined on 4/12/2014Ate here before a recent show at the opera house. Excellent food, scallops were a particular stand-out, and the burger was also quite good. Service was attentive, and professional. The only slight downside was that the space is very noisy if full or verging on full. Not a place for a quiet conversation, but excellent pre-theater meal site, and very enjoyable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ritz bitsDianaDined on 4/12/2014The atmosphere was nice, everyone was friendly. We chose this restaurant because we were going to see a show nearby afterwards. Had a 6:00pm reservation, got there at 6:09pm. The waiter didn't come to take our order before 6:30pm and we only got our appetizers at 7:00pm. We complained about the slow service to the management. After all, this is a Ritz restaurant! I ordered the Hake fish. Was very good. My friend ordered the steak tips, but they arrived cool. The staff were aware that we had a show to catch, but we barely got out of there by 7:50pm. Would have liked to have had time to use the restroom before the show. Expensive and does not live up to Ritz standards. Did not charge us for our appetizers, which was appreciated.
- Excellent food, relaxed serviceTheaterGoerDined on 4/12/2014My group of 8 friends all had an excellent meal at Artisan Bistro. The food itself was outstanding: tasty, creative and beautifully presented. The prices were very high (a given considering it's Ritz location). We had very attentive service from everyone; however, the food itself was slow coming from the kitchen. So slow, that despite a 5:30 reservation, we arrived to our 8:00 show at the Opera House with barely moments to spare (yes, our server did know about our show plans). We may return again for a special occasion, as long as we don't have a deadline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2014Terrific restaurant with great food ambience and service. Great pre-theater spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but not worth the costJPEvansDined on 4/10/2014We went to Artisan Bistro before a show at the Opera House. Both the food and the server were very good, although the meals were pricey. The dining room is not welcoming and rather noisy, and the clueless hostess sat us right next to a family with a toddler even though there were at least two other tables open, one of which remained unused for the entire time we were there. With so many other options in the Theater district, I doubt we will go back.Special Features:
- Boston Theater GemGregDined on 4/9/2014The location of this restaurant is perfect for those attending a show in the Boston Theater district. The food is very good and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artisan BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Perfect for our dining prior to heading to the Opera House. Service was very good, our food delicious....what else could anyone want....By the way great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service problemscurlytopDined on 4/6/2014This has happened to me twice. I have booked an early brunch in order to have a leisurely meal before a show. The service is extremely slow and it creates anxiety when you have a time constraint. I spoke to the maitre de and was told that they are aware of this problem and are trying to resolve it. When they get busy,they can't seem to stay on top of the orders. I don't know that I would go back until the problem is fixed. I don't know if they have the same problems in the evenings. I would imagine they do if this is a matter of numbers.Special Features:
- Ritz level food but not serviceSirenia37Dined on 4/6/2014We picked this restaurant because of the location to the Opera House, and with the assumption that it was the Ritz, that the food and service would be impeccable. The food was amazing; clever (lobster tacos- mini), breakfast flatbreat, crabcakes benedict. It all was amazing. The service? Not so much. We sat for a good 10 minutes and had to ask a server for service, as we were on a time frame for a show. (We allowed plenty of time). We got water for that request. There were plenty of servers, there just didn't seem like they were organized. The restaurant was not slammed either, which might have caused delays. Again, once we got the food, it was great. Overall, great back of the house, not so much for the front.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Nice food, just steps away from many theaters, and one of the best service experiences we've had. Warm, engaging, unobtrusive, and tuned into our timing needs to get to a play. We didn't have time for dessert (due to our own timing) - and we actually got a call for the manager the next day asking if he could make it up to us. They had been spot on on timing - no reason for apologies, and he called anyway. I didn't think touches like that happened any more. Nice addition to a very lovely evening.
- I thoroughly enjoyed our deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I thoroughly enjoyed our delicious brunch in a quiet, relaxing, and bright setting. We did not feel rushed at all. The service was superb-attentive, friendly, and well paced. The atmosphere was casual, yet elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingkayymarieDined on 4/4/2014Great food, friendly staff. Lobster tacos are a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at an Extraordinary PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2014The food was good but not extraordinary. You pay for the location -- very convenient before or after a show at the Paramount or the Opera House. The service was very friendly, knowledgeable and considerate of our needing to get to a show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine out boston lunchJamesDined on 3/28/2014Great little spot next to the commons. appetizer sizes were inconsistent. 2 tiny tacos or a giant bowl of soup. Food was excellent, service was a little bit confused, there was a delay between appetizer and main course, but small snafus like that are acceptable to me at 2 PM.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time not so goodYRUL84TVIPDined on 3/28/2014Compared to my first visit this one was a let down, mostly because of the service. Again, forever for two beers to arrive. The servers were so inattentive as to be semi-comatose. What a contrast to the day before! Had to repeat requests to get items such as salad dressing, water, etc. Place wasn't busy so the pacing of the courses was off (pushed-out too fast). The food (I tired different menu items and they were just as good as the once I'd had the day before from the Dine Out menu, as was the regular menu choice of my lunch companion. The inconsistency from one day to the next in the service (well, the slow drink service is consistent) has me scratching my head about supervision in the dining room.
- First time good so went backYRUL84TVIPDined on 3/27/2014This is my review of my first visit. The service was very good, befitting a casula place, but one nonetheless at the base of the Ritz-Carlton. Drinks took forever to arrive but the rest of the meal was well-paced. Two of us had the Dine Out special menu, and one ordered off the regular menu. Food very nicely prepared and abundant. Decided to try it again soon. See that review.
- Went for restaurant week.AM14Dined on 3/26/2014Went for restaurant week. Three course lunch was spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceEastiefoodlover1Dined on 3/24/2014Service was prompt, and respectable. The waitress came and talked to which helped us get to know her personally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Huge DisappointmentcherylglVIPDined on 3/22/2014We have been to Artisan Bistro on many occasions, from brunch to pre-show dinners.The food is consistently good, but last night the service was horrible and overshadowed the good meal we had. It took a good 15 minutes to get our water glasses filled and another 10 to figure out who our waiter was. We had a great corner table, but felt ignored our whole time there. While dining on our salads, I saw the waiter bring out our entrees, look at us, and return to the kitchen. I had to flag him down for a second glass of wine. We enjoyed our Bistro salads, the gruyere/truffle mushroom/onion flatbread, and shrimp tacos. We ordered dessert, which took forever, as well. Our waiter walked out of the kitchen, looked at us and went back in. Another 15 mSpecial Features: