10 Avery Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artisanbistroboston.com/
- Phone: 6175747176x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday (A La Carte): 7:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:30am
Friday & Saturday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday: 10:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Kassner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Artisan Bistro's features a semi private dining area that seats up to 32 people; With Personalized menus from Executive Chef Andrew Yeo and Chef Adam Kube.
- Private Party Contact: Christopher Ferrara 6175747175x
A word from Artisan Bistro
Artisan Bistro is a modern and inviting dining room dressed in rich dark and light woods with elegant European design elements. Accents of black, off-white, cognac, blues and warm grays echo a classic bistro look and feel. Crafted wood wainscoting throughout the room and soft ambient lighting from above highlight the white-washed, wood floors to further enhance the bistro-like setting. New stitched-leather booth seating lines the dramatic floor to ceiling wall of windows overlooking Avery Street and two high-top u-shaped booths frame the space on either end. Additional cluster seating is intimate and close, allowing for easy conversation and lively exchange. Artisan Bistro features fresh, local seasonal dishes that present artisanal cooking in an approachable way. The restaurant’s bar is lively but casual with specialty cocktails, local microbrews, an extensive wine list and signature brunch Bloody Mary menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Artisan Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)special occasion (11)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Our dining experience was very nice. We were celebrating a special "birthday" and from the moment we arrived, right up until we departed everyone was very attentive. Special thanks to our waiter Gene, he really made it a very memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice for a pre-theater mealatiba3Dined on 10/22/2014We went on a weekday for lunch before a matinee at the Paramount. The menu was a bit limited, but it still offered some very nice choices for lunch. The service was gracious, and we were able to relax and take our time before walking to the theater. A good choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- semihoboDined on 10/11/20142nd night of dinner gathering for 8 conventioneers with a wide range of tastes. Everyone fairly satisfied. Wine list was interesting, but the markup was ridiculous - 300-400%. So we stuck to cocktails (delish pomegranate martini), beer & wine by the glass. Our waiter was charming and responsive, but the wait between courses was LONGGGG. Shared appetizers of steak tartare (with capers withheld as requested) and lobster tacos were very yummy and generous. My seared scallop entree was quite good but would have been better if not too cooled down (from the wait, I imagine). Two diners really liked the grilled salmon, and another loved the nightly special of venison. Overall, it was a good, bordering on very good, experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, extremely slowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We dined here prior to going to the theater. The waiter was attentive and friendly, but the time that it took to get our food was unbearably long. Once the food arrived, it was delicious. Won't likely return.
- TrufflerifficTenaftertenVIPDined on 10/7/2014Had the truffle pasta and the truffle flatbread as a snack before a show. Unlike the Theresa Caputo show, it was the real deal. The "spirit" of the dishes spoke directly to us, unlike the Theresa Caputo show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealenjoygoodfoodVIPDined on 10/6/2014Ate here twice in a week! Once by myself, so tasty and quiet that I brought my parents back when we had dinner with old friends. I wanted a moderately priced menu, good food, and an acceptable noise level so seniors and middle-aged people could converse. Squash bisque is excellent, as is chowder. Fall salad tasty as well, and flatbreads were enjoyed. Gran Marnier cake (chocolate) and crème brulee were delicious! "Uncommon Sidecar" cocktail was just as good on the second visit as on the first. Service was very good, although the waiter on the first visit forgot my decaf coffee with dessert.Special Features:
- Wicked slowopenminded60VIPDined on 10/5/2014With theater tickets, we allowed over an hour for brunch and realized about 45 minutes in that we hadn't allowed enough time. Our food came out almost immediately when we mentioned it to the hostess but two of the breakfast sandwiches were missing cheese. But the do it yourself bloody mary was delicious!Special Features:
- Something was off.ShakenVIPDined on 9/28/2014The 45 min wait for eggs benedict and a bacon egg cheese and avocado sandwich was ridiculous. Numerous apologies from the waiter and management but the food was still mediocre at best. We weren't in a rush like the other patrons trying to get to various shows that day but a real explanation would've been nice. the overall time was approximately 1 hour 10 mins to get our brunch items. Although we ordered the assorted muffin tops with strussel we were given two regular muffins that looked like they came from Entemann's or some other pre-packaged place and we were told that the regular menu items were not available now. They did take several items off of the bill though.
- Exceptional!HoppedayDined on 9/28/2014There really is a difference between a fried egg and a fried duck egg cooked PERFECTLY! Our breakfast was outstanding. My son raved about the Nutella crepes and the eggs Benedict was "the best ever" according to my husband and daughter. Beautiful space and friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding pre-theater mealKimMDined on 9/23/2014Went here on a Tuesday before heading to the Opera House. Spectacular from start to finish. We made reservations, but pretty much had the place to ourselves. Started with grilled oysters, served over tiny burning wood chips in a small cast iron pan. We wished we had two orders...or three, or four, or five. They were THAT good. But we wanted to save room for dinner and dessert, so we didn't ask for more. We had a glass of red sangria and it was probably the best sangria either of us have ever tasted, and also a pineapple margarita, which was quite tasty as well. Generous pours in both drinks. For dinner we both had rare filet mignon. Spectacular. Cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth. Dessert was a torte and creme brulee. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly kid friendlyAmy86Dined on 9/21/2014I took my 5 year old daughter to Artisan Bistro before seeing the Lion King. I asked for a nice table in the comments of my reservation and we receive a lovely half circle booth (ask for this table if you are a party of 2 - it's the best table and the only one). Service was very nice except that our server didn't come over to greet us or take our order for 10+ minutes after we were seated (we did receive bread and water). I think another server finally come by to take our order because she saw we were waiting, and correctly guessed we had theater tickets. I had scallops which were good and 5yo had mac n cheese (very good). Kids menu and crayons, and covered drinks - all perfect. Prices were higher than I expected but it is in the Ritz.Special Features:
- LoRickDined on 9/21/2014Very nice meal, well presented and tasty. Took a little longer than expected to arrive and order was missing one item. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014At a recent pre-theater brunch, we waited 25 minutes for a table even though we had a reservation. The manager tried to appease us by offering us drinks while we waited but even these took 15 minutes to arrive. We were not offered water at the table and we had to ask 3 times for juice for our kids. Even though the staff knew we were rushing to make our show, we waited 5 extra minutes for the check.
- Great ExperianceBellasunDined on 9/10/2014We had dinner before going to a show at the Opera House. Our waiter, Greg, was amazing! He was beyond nice and extremely accommodating. The maitre'd was fanatstic as well! Everyone made sure we were comfortable and enjoying our experience. The food was absolutely delicious! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningJoyceDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had dinner there on a Saturday evening, earlier than most people eat, so it wasn't crowded. By the time we left, it had filled up and the noise levels were still acceptable. The food was perfect. Everything prepared properly, beautifully presented and delicious. Slight snafu with the use of a gift card, but the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We would eat there again any time.Special Features:
- Artisan bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Went here for dinner early before a concert service was prompt for the most part and nice ambience. The lobster tacos were a delicious appetizer and the grilled swordfish entree was excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Average and overpriced for what was served. Food was lacking in flavors outside of the ordinary.
- Excellent Restuarant. Great ServiceBostonEatsDined on 7/14/2014I attended the restaurant with a few friends after making the reservation on Open Table and the table was ready when I arrived. All of the staff were extremely pleasant and attentive. The menu was great, would definitely come back to try one of their specials. Good selection of drinks and classic cocktails. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not so RitzyjackVIPDined on 7/6/2014Waiting a half hour for a server to approach a table is unacceptable, even after asking the manager.His excuse is that they were too busy all at once. That's not a diner's problem. Also note that this is a Ritz property and the labeled jar of marmalade was of inferior quality as the first ingredient was corn fructose syrup. Should not one expect for the price at a Ritz better quality?
- Ask for Eugene!boathouseVIPDined on 7/5/2014If you want to be pampered or just feel extra special -- ask for Eugene. He is a legend at the Ritz and takes a visit at the Artisan Bistro from special to Extra Special. Great place for pre-theater. Menu is seasonal and always a treat.Special Features:
- The following 237 reviews are from the Artisan Bistro reviews archive.
- pre-theatre mealsandyVIPDined on 6/28/2014We ate here on Saturday night before attending the theatre. The service was quit and we were able to have a relaxing meal and get to the performance on time. We had the Seafood Tower and Lobster Tacos for an appetizer. Everything was very fresh and tasty. I had the swordfish for an entree. It was rather mushy, quite different from any swordfish that I have ever had before. My husband had the filet and found it to be satisfactory. Overall, it was a bit disappointing for a Ritz-Carlton restaurant.
- LovelyCkt17Dined on 6/1/2014My daughter and I went here late afternoon at the ballet. Restaurant was still on lunch menu. Good choices, very amenable and attentive waitress, Sandra, who gets high marks from both of us. Made good suggestions, helpful without being smothering. We both enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingMoxieDined on 5/22/2014Service was a disappointment. Waiter seemed charming and eager to serve when we first arrived. But the overall service turned out to be quite lacking for what I would consider "Ritz" standards. Menu was fine and reasonably priced but with limited choices. My water glass was never refilled until I managed to flag down our waiter. Once the entrees were served, the waiter seemed to be MIA from the dining room. I did not see him approach other tables either. Food was adequate for a typical hotel restaurant but nothing special. Expected more from this hotel. Restaurant is convenient if you are heading to the Opera House with its on-site valet parking. That would be my only reason to return or recommend it to anyone.
- Terrible service every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Forgot menus, waited 20 mins for drinks, forgot our salad dressing, My daughters bagel and then her cream cheese. Length of time to get missing items was 15 mins at least. Very difficult to get servers attention. Likely the worst service I have ever had.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I went in for brunch last weekend with four other guests, and we had a wonderful experience. We all loved the set up of the Bloody Mary Bar and enjoyed creating our own drinks. The service was great! Our food was served in a timely manner. We were impressed with the food presentations and we were all pleased with our meal. Overall, the Artisan Bistro did an amazing job and we will be going back very soon!Special Features:
- Nice brunch with great serviceselinawDined on 5/11/2014This place is located on a quiet street off the Boston Common. Easily accessible by the T. I have had Sunday brunch here many times with family and friends. We like the menu that offers lobsters, duck, beef as well as pancakes, waffles, etc. Wait staff is attentive. Price is reasonable.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceFeliciaDined on 5/9/2014Twice recently I have eaten here and been disappointed in the service. When I arrived, I asked the Hostess is being so close to the theaters helped business. She said absolutely. That on theatre/ballet nights they were always full, versus other nights very few patrons. So the establishment knows it needs to be on the ball the night of shows/ballets. Both of my visits ha verrrrrrrry slow service. waited at least 15 minute for the waiter/tress to come say hello. Delivery of the food timing was off. I ordered two meals last night; a salad and main course for each of us. Within 5 minutes, literally, of the salads arriving, the entrees arrived. We had only had 1-2 bites of our salads so we have all courses on the table, crammed in.
- Not putting on the Ritz.Luv2eatDined on 5/9/2014We went for dinner before the evening show at the colonial. Limited menu and the waiter talked us out of what we first wanted because 2.5 hours were not enough for the "experience". Grilled oysters were good. The flat bread pizza's were delicious. We had the salami with provolone and the mushroom with onion and fig. The Papadelle looked great but was flavorless and sitting in a pool of oil. The scallops were just ok. The drinks were interesting and tasty. We went back to the Ritz lounge right off the restaurant for a nightcap and that was a great experience. Would only go back to Artisa Bristol if we wanted something light.Special Features:
- A Good ChoiceBalletBoundDined on 5/8/2014We had dinner at the Artisan Bistro before attending the ballet at the Opera House. The food was wonderful and was beautifully presented. I have been here twice before for brunch and for dinner and I have never been disappointed. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Food was great. Service was inconsistent. A little slow out of the gate, and then he brought the dessert out while we were still eating the entrees. And it was ice cream, so it needed to be eaten right away. Disappointing for a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Too loud, too slow, mediocre Bloody Marys (came after food was served) and an ingratiating Maitre D…the Ritz?
- Great for Dinner Before the TheatreJayRVIPDined on 4/18/2014A gem in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton, the food, energy & ambiance, and service were all amazing. We ordered the three course tasting menu, but because we were running late, could not get the dessert course in before curtain (this restaurant is conveniently located one block from the Boston Opera House). What did they do? Told us to come back after the show! Which, we did. And, not only was it a really nice touch, but a great way to finish the evening. Also, our waiter, Eugene, was amazing. We are definitely coming back, show or not!Special Features:
- A Good FindCelesteDined on 4/18/2014Had never been here before and will return. Food was terrific and a good wine selection. Wait staff disappeared a bit too often despite us saying that we had to get to theatre. Otherwise, staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre & DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2014Great spot if your going to the Opera house.....Park, Dine, and walk to the show! Food was great with lots of nice apps and specialty cocktails!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTownandcountryDined on 4/13/2014Service was horrible- 100 for 3 and poor at every level Special occasion and had some expectations since it's at Ritz
- Nice meal before the theatermmmBaconDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I dined here prior to a show - the meal was not rushed, the service was great - and the food was really good. I am already planning to return then next time we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a tad noisyMCBosVIPDined on 4/12/2014Ate here before a recent show at the opera house. Excellent food, scallops were a particular stand-out, and the burger was also quite good. Service was attentive, and professional. The only slight downside was that the space is very noisy if full or verging on full. Not a place for a quiet conversation, but excellent pre-theater meal site, and very enjoyable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ritz bitsDianaDined on 4/12/2014The atmosphere was nice, everyone was friendly. We chose this restaurant because we were going to see a show nearby afterwards. Had a 6:00pm reservation, got there at 6:09pm. The waiter didn't come to take our order before 6:30pm and we only got our appetizers at 7:00pm. We complained about the slow service to the management. After all, this is a Ritz restaurant! I ordered the Hake fish. Was very good. My friend ordered the steak tips, but they arrived cool. The staff were aware that we had a show to catch, but we barely got out of there by 7:50pm. Would have liked to have had time to use the restroom before the show. Expensive and does not live up to Ritz standards. Did not charge us for our appetizers, which was appreciated.
- Excellent food, relaxed serviceTheaterGoerDined on 4/12/2014My group of 8 friends all had an excellent meal at Artisan Bistro. The food itself was outstanding: tasty, creative and beautifully presented. The prices were very high (a given considering it's Ritz location). We had very attentive service from everyone; however, the food itself was slow coming from the kitchen. So slow, that despite a 5:30 reservation, we arrived to our 8:00 show at the Opera House with barely moments to spare (yes, our server did know about our show plans). We may return again for a special occasion, as long as we don't have a deadline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2014Terrific restaurant with great food ambience and service. Great pre-theater spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.