1180 Peachtree St, Suite B
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://article14.com/
- Phone: 4044438432
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday 11AM-3PM (Brunch)
Saturday 5PM-11PM (Dinner)
Sunday 11AM-3PM (Brunch)
Sunday 5PM - 9PM (Dinner)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Blobaum (Corporate Executive Chef)
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Article 14
Whether dining at brunch, lunch or dinner, Article 14 is about the experience. It’s a much needed midday break from the office, a cocktail after work or a unforgettable meal before a night out in Midtown. This culinary adventure is led by Legacy Restaurant Partners’ Corporate Executive Chef, Chris Bloubaum. A classically French trained chef, Chris combines classic regional fare with fresh flavors of locally and garden-grown ingredients. And if you are a connoisseur of great art, you must check out the “Atlanta Lawyer Wall of Fame” art installation from Alan Avery Art Company, a focal point of this Midtown hot spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Article 14 reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (15)special occasion (14)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (10)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Eclectic Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014The menu is limited to seven small plates and seven entrees in keeping this the fourteen in Article14. The selections are very creative and well presented. The wilted kale salad is amazing and Ii don't like kale! They vary the selections every week depending on what is in season. Some of the combinations are out there but it all seems to work. We have been there twice with different friends each time and everyone had a great meal and a good time. Staff is friendly and well informed as to the menu and the ingredients.Special Features:
- Perfect for pre-theatre.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Perfect to get dinner before Arts Center event. Five minute walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely good dinnerDrBehaviorVIPDined on 9/14/2014Found this place on Open Table and it was near the W. One of the best corn ravioli dishes I have ever had. Perfectly seasoned and cooked AND wasn't in a cream sauce. Partner loved the chicken dish. Wine was reasonable. It wasn't very busy on a Sun. night but truly glad we tried it. Kudos to the service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't recommend.MediocreDined on 9/13/2014The food wasn't good. The service was okay at best. The atmosphere was the best thing there.
- Great match w/ the ArtsByrnesyDined on 9/13/2014We walked to Article 14 after an evening at the HIGH Museum. Nice to park the car once, and walk over to the restaurant. Pretty and easy walk. Great new place for us! Nice vibe on 14th St. action, pedestrian traffic, and fun to see ATL looking like a real walkable city! Menu was a nice variety of fish, beef, options. Service good. Bar scene fun...we will return!Special Features:
- Great hostJJLINVIPDined on 9/13/2014The gentleman that greeted and seated us was fantastic. He really made an effort to make us feel comfortable and we had a great time on the patio. The food was also delicious and I had my most memorable brunch meal here while visiting Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great Food, beware of 'house wine'midtownfoodieDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time here, we live in Midtown, and this was a quaint, well decorated and friendly place. It was restaurant week and the food was served hot, proportioned well, and delicious. My only caution was our decision to order a glass of the house wine from the bartender. The pour was good and the white wine was crisp and flavorful. We had a second glass with our dinner. I was shocked when the bill arrived and found that the house wine was 16 dollars a glass! Other restaurants in the area have tried this approach, serving a more expensive wine when the client does not specify, and I personally feel taken advantage of. If I go back I'll order off the wine list.
- FaveDineseat2loveDined on 9/6/2014I've passed Article 14, but never thought about visiting until I saw it on CBS46 for Midtown Restaurant Week. The food was wonderful and affordable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Great service from a knowledgable staff. Creative menu and a wealth of cocktail options and a pick your own manhattan bar. Very nice evening. Convenient to the Alliance Theater for pre or post.Special Features:
- TLC1Dined on 9/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed this gem. I felt like I was in SOHO (NYC). Great ambiance, service and food. Nice spot to treat clients or go on a cozy date. I will be back soon! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great space, not so great foodcarterVIPDined on 8/28/2014I had the pan roasted chicken with white rice and peas. The rice was undercooked or old and there was no seasoning on anything. Salt would work well on this dish.Special Features:
- bland foodJJ22Dined on 8/12/2014Food was not good, restrauant was loud, don't get the popularitySpecial Features:
- Great place in MidtownbizdevDined on 8/7/2014There's something for everyone on menu . Location is great. Nice staff. Worth checking out.Special Features:
- Simply fabulousmagiceveDined on 8/2/2014Always enjoy coming here for brunch on the weekend. Great Saturday brunch , free parking, within walking distance of the Fox Theater or High MuseumSpecial Features:
- My birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was our first visit to Article 14, and it was very nice. The food was good. The atmosphere light. Our server was fabulous. I can't remember her name at the moment, but I know she has just celebrated her 7th wedding anniversary. She was so nice, hospitable, and accommodating. She was helpful with menu items and recommendations and made our dining experience quite memorable. We will be back soon. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown needs more of theseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014Midtown needs more lightweight top cuisine restaurants for casual dinner. Too many places are only open for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and pleasantTheAccountantDined on 7/29/2014My girlfriend and I visited Article 14 on a Tuesday night. The place was pretty empty at 9:30pm, eventhough it closes at 11pm. However, we did not feel rushed at all by our server. The decor is elegant, and there was a nice background music to set a pleasant mood. We tried the shrimp risotto (recommended), mussels (ok), and the trout (ok). For dessert we tried the chocolate cake (ok). I'd recommend this place if you're looking for a nice place to have some drinks. It would not be in my top 10 if I was looking for a place to enjoy a hearty dinner.
- 2nd visitTTOLANDVIPDined on 7/25/2014Well, I introduced another girlfriend to this spot before attending an event @ the High Museum. This place never fails, and my vegan girlfriend enjoyed her food. Definitely a wonderful addition, and within walking distance to the High Museum (FABULOUS).Special Features:
- New Brunch Fave!GenaDined on 7/20/2014I'm always looking for a nice place to go for brunch after church. I'm so glad I found this place. The food was incredible! The service was great! The atmosphere was calm and quiet. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Served welldiningprofessorVIPDined on 7/15/2014We were served well in so many ways at Article 14 - from assistance with choosing just the right combination of vermouth, liquor, and bitters for the perfect Manhattan to providing us a booth in a quiet corner. Menu had nice combination of small and larger plates so all members of our party were able to find a favorite. Next time I am in midtown, I will certainly try to pay another visit.
- Great food.TheCentenoDined on 7/11/2014The food was very delicious. It was the first time I tried the sweet corn ravioli and I instantly fell in love. Great staff and incredible ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressive Dinner Double DateyummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 6/28/2014Took my boyfriend and his parents to Article 14 for a catch-up dinner while all in town. The decor comes off as stuffy and the restaurant was pretty quiet/empty throughout the 2 hour dinner we had. The food and service was very slow. Had the fish of the day which was swordfish - very good. The flour-less chocolate cake was yum as well. Just overall too expensive for what you actually got.Special Features:
- Article 14FredVIPDined on 6/20/2014Always excellent food and service. We look forward to dining at Article 14.Special Features:
- Upscale Bar SceneGigiVIPDined on 6/19/2014Bartender was energetic. attentive, and informative. Interesting cocktail options. Happy hour was filled with professionals from the area. Met some girlfriends for drinks and apps. All left happy and satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of a nice roomtable4twoDined on 6/18/2014very disappointed in the food and ridiculously overpriced wine. good news: excellent service.
- Great Food - Surprisingly QuietCBeberDined on 6/13/2014The place was not crowded at all, the ambience was very nice - and the servers and management were very attentive to our needs. The food came out, and tasted delicious. Would highly recommend if in the area.Special Features:
- ZoieDined on 6/7/2014I love Article 14. The only thing I like to mention that the our waitress asked me how I want my salmon. I was little surprised by this question and paused because Salmon(every type of fish in general) should have a specific cook timing and I don't think cooking salmon works like cooking steak. And as puzzled with the question and she was seriously waiting for an answer, I said 'well done.' Instead I should have said 'however the chef chooses to make it.' At the end, my salmon was very well done and of course very dry.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem that we just foundDinewithusDined on 6/6/2014Loved sitting out on a not too hot nite and watching people go by. The food was tasty and server delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon and Bites **thumbs up**KWhiteDined on 6/3/2014Went to Article 14's 1st bourbon and bites and enjoyed it thoroughly. Leo, the head bartender, knows his bourbon inside and out. Gave us a thorough rundown of each sampled bourbon and increased my intellect ten fold in the time spent discussing bourbon. Look forward to next months event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Food was well presented, well prepared, and tasty. Alissa and other staff were friendly and accomodationing. In fact, they quickly and quietly moved our party of four when the booth next to us became a bit raucous. We went for a stroll around midtown after, only to come back and find the valet was not only gone, but the gate to the garage was closed. Thankfully, some staff was still there and quickly worked with security to get our vehicle back. I'll be a loyal customer here....really really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 121 reviews are from the Article 14 reviews archive.
- Another great meal!RevstjVIPDined on 5/22/2014We have been to Artice 14 several times and always have had a great experience.
- odd nightcd123Dined on 5/17/2014The restaurant has great menu and really nice ambience, but for whatever reason, was empty on a Saturday night. It may be the location, but it really should draw a bigger crowd. Food and service were both excellent! Would be nice if there were more people as that would contribute to even more ambience, but in a way, nice to find a good place that isn't packed to the gills on a Saturday in Atlanta! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- EmergingmisoDined on 5/15/2014I think they know what they want to be... they are getting closer to being there. The food was ok, but not great. The location is good, but not great... but, I think they have the underpinnings of becoming a great restaurant. Everything was clean, service was terrific, and you can tell they are just beginning to build some perfection into the menu.
- TOO Hot to Handleluv2exploreDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at Article 14 and was very pleased. So when being redirected to their sister restaurant for Mother's Day Brunch I had no hesitation. I must say that I was extremely shocked and disappointed with our dining experience at the Olmstead, 1st the AC was broken and it was very uncomfortable in the restaurant. The food was second rate at best for example the grits were very, very salty! There is no way that these should have made it to the serving line; the prices were very steep given the fact that we all had to fan for air while trying to enjoy our meal. We go out of our way to eat at upscale restaurants and I must say that over the past two weeks we are 0 for 2. NEVER AGAIN for me
- It was okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We went to Article 14 for the Mother's Day brunch. When we arrived, the restaurant was very hot and packed with people. I understand that it was Mother's Day, but the tables were crammed in so close to each other that it made it difficult to get around. The food was decent but the atmosphere made it less appealing. Also, when it came time to leave, my mother was not given her special gift that she was supposed to receive for being a mother. We were told they had run out but it was still relatively early in the afternoon. This was our second attempt at a special brunch menu, and again, we were not that impressed. It is doubtful that we will be returning for anything at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We visited Article 14 for Mother's Day. They served a buffet brunch. The food was great! I especially enjoyed the Savannah Benedict. The service was even better than the food. Every employee was attentive and very pleasant. I thouroughly enjoyed Article 14. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedMoto53Dined on 5/11/2014My group had Mothers' Day brunch at A14 and it was almost adequate. Our server seemed to hate her job. The food was OK, but, the buffet was not kept full. The Bloody Mary station was not functional at all. Fortunately, it was not bad enough to effect the pleasure of Mom's day. With so many options in ATL we will not go back.
- DeceivedVincentDined on 5/11/2014I made reservations to take two families here for Mother's Day. We chose Article 14 because we had heard great things about their brunch menu and they were not a buffet. After reading the brunch menu online, decided it provided enough variety to appease a party of 8. It mentioned nothing of a buffet. I was contacted the night before Mother's Day and informed that my party would have to dine upstairs from Article 14 in their sister restaurant Olmstead. Employee on phone finally admitted that Article 14 was actually closed on Mother's Day. We were also told to valet at TAP. Turns out we were tricked into a buffet at Olmstead. Valet was a nightmare, food was underwhelming. I was so angry. Stick to Rosebud or Barcelona for brunch. Never again!
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was delightful. I forgot to take advantage of the Bloody Mary bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodGreezyDined on 5/10/2014this place has some great cocktails, and at first glance it seems like that's all it has to offer. I was pretty surprised how good the food is. I've been here twice for dinner with a small group (4-6 people), and I definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.