1180 Peachtree St, Suite B
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://article14.com/
- Phone: 4044438432
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday 11AM-3PM (Brunch)
Saturday 5PM-11PM (Dinner)
Sunday 11AM-3PM (Brunch)
Sunday 5PM - 9PM (Dinner)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Blobaum (Corporate Executive Chef)
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Article 14
Whether dining at brunch, lunch or dinner, Article 14 is about the experience. It’s a much needed midday break from the office, a cocktail after work or a unforgettable meal before a night out in Midtown. This culinary adventure is led by Legacy Restaurant Partners’ Corporate Executive Chef, Chris Bloubaum. A classically French trained chef, Chris combines classic regional fare with fresh flavors of locally and garden-grown ingredients. And if you are a connoisseur of great art, you must check out the “Atlanta Lawyer Wall of Fame” art installation from Alan Avery Art Company, a focal point of this Midtown hot spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Article 14 reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (18)great for brunch (15)good for groups (14)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (10)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- bland foodJJ22Dined on 8/12/2014Food was not good, restrauant was loud, don't get the popularitySpecial Features:
- Great place in MidtownbizdevDined on 8/7/2014There's something for everyone on menu . Location is great. Nice staff. Worth checking out.Special Features:
- Simply fabulousmagiceveDined on 8/2/2014Always enjoy coming here for brunch on the weekend. Great Saturday brunch , free parking, within walking distance of the Fox Theater or High MuseumSpecial Features:
- My birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was our first visit to Article 14, and it was very nice. The food was good. The atmosphere light. Our server was fabulous. I can't remember her name at the moment, but I know she has just celebrated her 7th wedding anniversary. She was so nice, hospitable, and accommodating. She was helpful with menu items and recommendations and made our dining experience quite memorable. We will be back soon. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown needs more of theseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014Midtown needs more lightweight top cuisine restaurants for casual dinner. Too many places are only open for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and pleasantTheAccountantDined on 7/29/2014My girlfriend and I visited Article 14 on a Tuesday night. The place was pretty empty at 9:30pm, eventhough it closes at 11pm. However, we did not feel rushed at all by our server. The decor is elegant, and there was a nice background music to set a pleasant mood. We tried the shrimp risotto (recommended), mussels (ok), and the trout (ok). For dessert we tried the chocolate cake (ok). I'd recommend this place if you're looking for a nice place to have some drinks. It would not be in my top 10 if I was looking for a place to enjoy a hearty dinner.
- 2nd visitTTOLANDDined on 7/25/2014Well, I introduced another girlfriend to this spot before attending an event @ the High Museum. This place never fails, and my vegan girlfriend enjoyed her food. Definitely a wonderful addition, and within walking distance to the High Museum (FABULOUS).Special Features:
- New Brunch Fave!GenaDined on 7/20/2014I'm always looking for a nice place to go for brunch after church. I'm so glad I found this place. The food was incredible! The service was great! The atmosphere was calm and quiet. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Served welldiningprofessorVIPDined on 7/15/2014We were served well in so many ways at Article 14 - from assistance with choosing just the right combination of vermouth, liquor, and bitters for the perfect Manhattan to providing us a booth in a quiet corner. Menu had nice combination of small and larger plates so all members of our party were able to find a favorite. Next time I am in midtown, I will certainly try to pay another visit.
- Great food.TheCentenoDined on 7/11/2014The food was very delicious. It was the first time I tried the sweet corn ravioli and I instantly fell in love. Great staff and incredible ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressive Dinner Double DateyummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 6/28/2014Took my boyfriend and his parents to Article 14 for a catch-up dinner while all in town. The decor comes off as stuffy and the restaurant was pretty quiet/empty throughout the 2 hour dinner we had. The food and service was very slow. Had the fish of the day which was swordfish - very good. The flour-less chocolate cake was yum as well. Just overall too expensive for what you actually got.Special Features:
- Article 14FredVIPDined on 6/20/2014Always excellent food and service. We look forward to dining at Article 14.Special Features:
- Waste of a nice roomtable4twoDined on 6/18/2014very disappointed in the food and ridiculously overpriced wine. good news: excellent service.
- Great Food - Surprisingly QuietCBeberDined on 6/13/2014The place was not crowded at all, the ambience was very nice - and the servers and management were very attentive to our needs. The food came out, and tasted delicious. Would highly recommend if in the area.Special Features:
- ZoieDined on 6/7/2014I love Article 14. The only thing I like to mention that the our waitress asked me how I want my salmon. I was little surprised by this question and paused because Salmon(every type of fish in general) should have a specific cook timing and I don't think cooking salmon works like cooking steak. And as puzzled with the question and she was seriously waiting for an answer, I said 'well done.' Instead I should have said 'however the chef chooses to make it.' At the end, my salmon was very well done and of course very dry.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem that we just foundDinewithusDined on 6/6/2014Loved sitting out on a not too hot nite and watching people go by. The food was tasty and server delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon and Bites **thumbs up**KWhiteDined on 6/3/2014Went to Article 14's 1st bourbon and bites and enjoyed it thoroughly. Leo, the head bartender, knows his bourbon inside and out. Gave us a thorough rundown of each sampled bourbon and increased my intellect ten fold in the time spent discussing bourbon. Look forward to next months event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Food was well presented, well prepared, and tasty. Alissa and other staff were friendly and accomodationing. In fact, they quickly and quietly moved our party of four when the booth next to us became a bit raucous. We went for a stroll around midtown after, only to come back and find the valet was not only gone, but the gate to the garage was closed. Thankfully, some staff was still there and quickly worked with security to get our vehicle back. I'll be a loyal customer here....really really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!RevstjVIPDined on 5/22/2014We have been to Artice 14 several times and always have had a great experience.
- odd nightcd123Dined on 5/17/2014The restaurant has great menu and really nice ambience, but for whatever reason, was empty on a Saturday night. It may be the location, but it really should draw a bigger crowd. Food and service were both excellent! Would be nice if there were more people as that would contribute to even more ambience, but in a way, nice to find a good place that isn't packed to the gills on a Saturday in Atlanta! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- EmergingmisoDined on 5/15/2014I think they know what they want to be... they are getting closer to being there. The food was ok, but not great. The location is good, but not great... but, I think they have the underpinnings of becoming a great restaurant. Everything was clean, service was terrific, and you can tell they are just beginning to build some perfection into the menu.
- TOO Hot to Handleluv2exploreDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at Article 14 and was very pleased. So when being redirected to their sister restaurant for Mother's Day Brunch I had no hesitation. I must say that I was extremely shocked and disappointed with our dining experience at the Olmstead, 1st the AC was broken and it was very uncomfortable in the restaurant. The food was second rate at best for example the grits were very, very salty! There is no way that these should have made it to the serving line; the prices were very steep given the fact that we all had to fan for air while trying to enjoy our meal. We go out of our way to eat at upscale restaurants and I must say that over the past two weeks we are 0 for 2. NEVER AGAIN for me
- It was okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We went to Article 14 for the Mother's Day brunch. When we arrived, the restaurant was very hot and packed with people. I understand that it was Mother's Day, but the tables were crammed in so close to each other that it made it difficult to get around. The food was decent but the atmosphere made it less appealing. Also, when it came time to leave, my mother was not given her special gift that she was supposed to receive for being a mother. We were told they had run out but it was still relatively early in the afternoon. This was our second attempt at a special brunch menu, and again, we were not that impressed. It is doubtful that we will be returning for anything at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We visited Article 14 for Mother's Day. They served a buffet brunch. The food was great! I especially enjoyed the Savannah Benedict. The service was even better than the food. Every employee was attentive and very pleasant. I thouroughly enjoyed Article 14. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedMoto53Dined on 5/11/2014My group had Mothers' Day brunch at A14 and it was almost adequate. Our server seemed to hate her job. The food was OK, but, the buffet was not kept full. The Bloody Mary station was not functional at all. Fortunately, it was not bad enough to effect the pleasure of Mom's day. With so many options in ATL we will not go back.
- DeceivedVincentDined on 5/11/2014I made reservations to take two families here for Mother's Day. We chose Article 14 because we had heard great things about their brunch menu and they were not a buffet. After reading the brunch menu online, decided it provided enough variety to appease a party of 8. It mentioned nothing of a buffet. I was contacted the night before Mother's Day and informed that my party would have to dine upstairs from Article 14 in their sister restaurant Olmstead. Employee on phone finally admitted that Article 14 was actually closed on Mother's Day. We were also told to valet at TAP. Turns out we were tricked into a buffet at Olmstead. Valet was a nightmare, food was underwhelming. I was so angry. Stick to Rosebud or Barcelona for brunch. Never again!
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was delightful. I forgot to take advantage of the Bloody Mary bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodGreezyDined on 5/10/2014this place has some great cocktails, and at first glance it seems like that's all it has to offer. I was pretty surprised how good the food is. I've been here twice for dinner with a small group (4-6 people), and I definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerFineEats8Dined on 5/3/2014I pass this restaurant often driving around Midtown. Met a friend for dinner prior to attending a show at the Alliance Theater on a Saturday night. I had the grilled skirt steak and fingerling potatoes. Everything was great, from the service to the wine to the meal. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Roll was amazing!QuinnVIPDined on 5/3/2014Just got back from Portland, Maine. Lobster roll @ Article 14 was right there with Lobster roll's from Portland. Check it out.Special Features:
- GreatRobigoDined on 5/2/2014The food and ambience were great. We were given an amuse-bouche type offering of pimento cheese that was delicious. We ordered okra chips and duck sliders as appetizers...who knew? We ended the starters with a salad appropriately named Kale YEAH! The steak melted in your mouth. And there was even a celebrity sighting, Charles Barkley. Apparently he is a regular and I see why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Ok...diningwithejDined on 5/2/2014This place came highly recommended by a good friend and unfortunately I was very disappointed. The place was not busy but the waitress was still super slow and disappeared for long periods of time. My food was average and a little "pasty" (Risotto) and my wife had to send hers back....It wasnt terrible but certainly not a place I would recommend or rush back to visit...overall it was just ok
- The following 107 reviews are from the Article 14 reviews archive.
- SpecialChefDined on 4/27/2014Thanks for making our family and friends gathering special. Comfortable space for 6. We could hear each other and didn't feel like we crowded others. Great service and food!Special Features:
- Loved it.TTOLANDDined on 4/26/2014My girlfriend & I had reservations @ 5:30 pm Saturday after the Alliance theatre afternoon matinee. We loved the show at the Alliance, but it ended sooner than expected. I contacted the restaurant and they allowed us to come early (approx 4:30, which was actually closed). We were very appreciative they allowed us in knowing the restaurant didn't open for dinner until 5pm, AND they were preparing for a wedding party. Nonetheless, the food, ambiance, and staff were TERRIFIC. I definitely plan to return again, especially since they're in waking distance of the High Museum/Alliance/Symphony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreBMG71113Dined on 4/24/2014Our waitress had no personality and wasn't any help with recommendations. Menu items that we had : tuna and beet tartar - just ok, fresh gulf shrimp - very good, Okra chips - horrible, waitress should have explained they were specially cooked and came out hard as a rock and tasted like candy, deviled eggs- ok, cowboy ribeye - very good, strawberry shortcake - horrible ( they grilled the shortcake and ours was almost burnt), bread pudding - ok
- Great for brunch!FoodieNinhjaDined on 4/19/2014Went here for brunch on a Saturday, and the food was amazing! The smoked salmon bagel was fresh and delicious. Also tried one of the breakfast food platters with crab cakes and poached eggs--incredible! Also, unlimited mimosas and Bloody Mary's for $12! That's hard to beat! Would absolutely recommend for a weekend brunch. Bring your friends, or go with a date. Its the perfect environment for both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Bourbon List w/Great EatsCB13Dined on 4/17/2014The restaurant was very accommodating for our party as we had my 18 month old with us. The staff was extremely friendly and very attentive to our dining experience. The bourbon list was extraordinary however they were out of Johnny Drum. Had a great glass of Willett instead. We had the chef's special empanadas which I highly recommend to all. The chocolate lava cake was favorited by all at the table. If in Midtown, then definitely stop in for a drink and a bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Article 14NiecyVIPDined on 4/15/2014Take the time to visit. The food and service is wonderful. Well worth the time and money spent.Special Features:
- nice surpriseBeadyDined on 4/12/2014We had never been to the restaurant before and we eat a Paleo diet, which sometimes limits our choices at retaurants. The kale salad with salmon was outstanding. Nothing boring or expected about that meal, for sure!
- My wife and I had the pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014My wife and I had the pleasure to dine here before we went to the Fox Theatre for the Lion King. I picked this place because I felt that we wouldn't feel rushed before the show. The menu and specials were to our liking. I enjoyed the fact that they had extensive scotch, whiskey and bourbon selections as I will need to go back when not attending a show. As a starter, we ordered bacon wrapped dates with cheese. They were excellent! My wife and I also had the salmon dip appetizer although not as good as the dates. As a lover of bacon, I ordered the sea scallops with pulled duck and bacon chunks. I couldn't get enough! My wife ordered the salmon which had a fantastic seared crust. We left full and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.