Artful Gourmet Bistro
9433 Common Brook Rd.
Owings Mills, MD 21117Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Artful Gourmet Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artfulgourmet.com/
- Phone: 4103562606x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gather, Entertain, Celebrate! The private dining room at Artful Gourmet Bistro is the perfect spot for your event- from business meetings to milestone celebrations. With seating for up to 45 guests, we can tailor a party perfect for every occasion & budget. Available for lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Denise McMonagle 4436082755x
A word from Artful Gourmet Bistro
Artful Gourmet Bistro is a casual eating spot serving imaginative and excellent cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Artful Gourmet Bistro - Best Restaurants in Owings Mills ›
Artful Gourmet Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (36)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (26)great for lunch (22)good for groups (21)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Terrific foodVistorDined on 8/27/2014I caught up with a friend and had a terrific meal. As a strict vegetarian the choices were modest but the actual meal tasty, well spiced and more than I expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014The lamb is consistently fabulous! Fish special was delicious and fresh. Two different entree salads topped with tuna were great as well.Special Features:
- Love it!LoveItalianFoodDined on 8/25/2014Artful has the best food. I don't know how they do it. I had the beef medallions with rigatoni in a demi glaze and broccoli. The beef was tender, the pasta cooked just right and the broccoli was perfect. I've always had a good meal there. The staff is friendly and courteous. I hope they stay around a long time!Special Features:
- One item was very gooddavieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Two of us ordered eggplant rollatini with vodka sauce, Greek summer salad and lobster crab cake. My wife ordered gazpacho, the Greek salad and truffle chicken. Our other friend ordered ceviche, spinach and berry salad and the catch of the day, which was rockfish. The two of us who had the eggplant thought that it, and especially the vodka sauce, was fantastic. We were disappointed with the lobster crab cakes because they were dry and without much flavor. My wife was disappointed with the chicken because it had a spicy red sauce on it, although the menu description didn’t imply this. If it wasn’t for the outstanding eggplant, I would have been disappointed with this restaurant, but would go back just to have the eggplant.
- nothing short of excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Food was delicious and waitress couldn't have been nicer. Thanks Nicki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artful Gourmet - A Great FindDebbieDined on 8/17/2014Three of us were looking for a place somewhere between Westminster and Towson. Fortunately for us, we chose Artful Gourmet. Being my first time, I wasn't sure what to expect, especially during busy Restaurant Week; but we were pleasantly surprised and favorably impressed. We started with a drink at the bar. The bar tender was very educated about the wines and other beverage choices. We had a lovely three-course dinner after that. I had halibut (excellent), my husband had lamb chops (outstanding), and my friend couldn't say enough good things about the chicken. The others courses, soups and salads, were wonderful too, and made with exceptionally fresh ingredients. If you haven't been to Artful Gourmet, you don't know what you're missing. Go!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureanieaDined on 8/15/2014We never tire of going to Artful Bistro. Friendly great service, a lot of creative salad choices, excellent entrees, all A's!Special Features:
- Great food- the service was greatBethDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed our first trip to Artful Gourmet Bistro during Restaurant Week. I loved the fresh fish, and my husband had the barbequed beef. Desserts were outstanding. We will definitely visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotKbrosenbergDined on 7/31/2014Nice to have such a nice place in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- didiDined on 7/26/2014Perfect evening outdoors. Good food and were able to linger afterwards.Special Features:
- Overpriced Consistent DiningSitaDined on 7/24/2014This is, as always, an overpriced dining experience. It is just the only "decent" restaurant in my area. I didn't want to go far and I wanted something other than fast, greasy food so Artful foots the bill. Speaking of the bill, $25 (including tip) for a caesar salad, diet coke and 1 split dessert....WOW!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We always like the food here. We always see people that we know when we eat here.Special Features:
- mandhVIPDined on 7/13/2014We've eaten here many times. On this particular occassion the restaurant was slow. The food was truly outstanding.
- Great FindTravellinSeanVIPDined on 7/10/2014I was looking for a new place to take my dad for his birthday. I found Artful Gourmet, and I couldn't be happier. Our waitress, Jessica, was excellent! She communicated well, explained the dishes, took care of my dad, and accommodated our special requests without hesitation. We had the eggplant appetizer (absolutely delicious), the yellow curry dish, and one of the chicken dishes. All were very tasty and seemed freshly prepared. I really had no complaints, except maybe the chicken in the curry dish was a hair dry. Even the bread was tasty. We'll definitely be back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayLVIPDined on 7/10/2014We go to Artful Gourmet often as a neighborhood gem and it never fails to satisfy. Highly recommend. Good service and quality entrees.Special Features:
- consistantBarbDined on 7/3/2014Service was great, including full staff. Food is always great and dining room is comfortable.Special Features:
- Great local findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014I'm glad that I've found this restaurant. I will certainly be back for many, many occasions.Special Features:
- Upscale AtmosphereteddyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Dependable experience, always meets my expectations whether a business lunch or dinner with my wife.Special Features:
- Saturday Wife DateGreatNightOutDined on 6/21/2014Food was good as was the service. It as been great every visit so far. We usually get some of the specialty dishes but this visit we tried some of the dinner salads. The salads were fresh and loaded with chopped veggies. I got the one with a tuna steak on top.Special Features:
- Artful Gourmet BistroCurtDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed the lamb chops and chicken pan roasted with white wine, lemon and garlic. The lamb was especially good with a nice orange-balsamic reduction (was it really orange or plum?!?!) The Mezzacorona Pinot Noir was very nice; I'll look for it in my local wine store. The Raspberry Amaretto cake was scrumptious and, resembling a wedding cake, a fitting finish for our 41st wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunateJuvenVIPDined on 6/20/2014Had to go somewhere close to an event. This place showed some promise so we tried it. Everyone's apps and entrees were overcooked, the artichoke dip had cheddar cheese sprinkled on top like I do with my dogs food and our waitress was definitely a few drinks ahead of everyone in the restaurant. We ordered the Veronese shrimp gorgonzola which was basically shrimp with grilled bread and we got shrimp wrapped in some kind of cured meat. The downside to that was the shrimp had not been fully pealed as it appears it should have been. I really try to pull back the reigns and give places the benefit of the doubt, but if you had the option to go to Woodberry Kitchen, Ouzo Bay or Wit and Wisdom, do it.
- Great restaurant!danzeDined on 6/20/2014This was my second visit to Artful Gourmet Bistro and I wasn't disappointed. The food selection is varied with pastas, seafood, salads, and meats. We were pleased with each of our choices. The pasta was delicious, not overcooked. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- A Hidden GenTomasVIPDined on 6/15/2014Just a delightful place....outstanding food and service and all at a very reasonable price. Extremely well prepared and served. The staff is extremely attentive. The Artful Gourmet exudes quality. This is our second time here and I will clearly be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DelightTheSmithsDined on 6/15/2014My mom loves the Artful Gourmet, and I find it really really nice. We have a standing New Years Eve date there. The menu is always interesting and the prices are decent. The outdoor patio is just delightful. My meals have not all been great, and I am usually content with an appetizer and a salad. The Kandinsky quesadilla never disappoints and happy hour seems pretty busy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The restaurant is easy to get to and off the beaten path. It provides good food at good prices with good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzyDined on 6/8/2014We had not come to the Artful Gourmet but were really surprised how good this place is. Your waitress Nicki was super. We will certainly be back more often. LizzySpecial Features:
- Great food, service notBabybull52Dined on 5/31/2014We totally enjoyed the food. Interesting choices and well executed. However the service had a lot to be desired. Once we gave our order, the waitress did not stop by the table to check on us, despite the fact that I wanted to order a beer and we needed a refill on the bread that originally came with one piece for each of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDandDDined on 5/27/2014Always enjoy dining at Artful Gourmet. The menu selection is great for various tastes and the food is good.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysGreatNightOutDined on 5/24/2014The restaurant visit from the food to the service was great as always.
- Great Culinary Experience,Each TimePhunigerlDined on 5/19/2014I love this restaurant. My husband and I accidentally found this one night and have been going there since. We have made it a point to try a different dish, every time we are there, as so many of their menu items look great. We have yet to be disappointed, and we are half way through the menu. :-) Try their Pieta Appetizer, their salad's are amazing and their main courses are each fantastic. Love this gem...Special Features:
- chinagirlVIPDined on 5/17/2014Having eaten here often and having made a reservation (for 2), I was disappointed when offered a very small table. After turning that down, the only table offered was in the back room. I perceive that room to be for large groups since I myself have hosted and been to group events there. Since I was with an out of town guest I agreed to eat there. I was not happy with the location but made the best of it. Everything else was fine but it was not my best experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doublethirdsDined on 5/16/2014The food was ok, not bad, but not as good as I would have expected for the price. Nearly $90 for dinner and a bottle of wine for 2. Our sever was great!Special Features:
- good food, espec for a foodiedining4serviceDined on 5/11/2014We had a great time for Mother's day. Unique choice of entrees, great shrimp corn chowder soup and good sandwiches. A foodie would love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!!!LandLDined on 5/10/2014My Mom & brother were visiting from NY and simply LOVED Artful Gourmet for dinner on Sat. night during Mother's Day weekend!! The service was impeccable, the food delicious and the staff all very friendly with great customer service! I LOVE this place!! I highly recommend Artful Gourmet to all for brunch, lunch and dinner, since I've experienced them all! What a gem!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindGreatNightOutDined on 5/10/2014We have been to Artful Gourmet several times before and this visit was as good as the other visits. The service was great as always and the food quality was perfect. We like the specials offered each day as well as the regular menu. My wife has diabetes and the staff makes the dishes that she can eat without messing up her glucose counts. The food quality and variety of dishes is always the bestSpecial Features:
- Another excellent dinnerPenitaVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had a great dining experience, with excellent service. It was our server's first day on the job (I think her name was Liz) and we were most impressed with her expertise and delightful manner. My sea bass was superb, and the strip steaks that my husband and a friend had were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!AmerzDined on 5/9/2014The food at Artful Gourmet is always consistent. Interesting menu. The best part of our experience was the very attentive service. Drink menu was fun too!Special Features:
- The following 502 reviews are from the Artful Gourmet Bistro reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014We like going to this restuarant. We go several times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014Have loved this restaurant since it opened. The filet mignon, the chicken, the shrimp, the crab cakes .... all outstandingly delicious and tender. I enjoy the specialness I feel when I'm there. Great warmth and character. The owner is a gem and he's so gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service!SamanthaDined on 4/11/2014I've been to the Artful Gourmet many times for lunch and a few times for dinner. I've never had a bad meal. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. Our service last Friday night was great. Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend AG for a casual lunch and a casual to special occaison dinner.Special Features: