Artful Gourmet Bistro
9433 Common Brook Rd.
Owings Mills, MD 21117Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Artful Gourmet Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artfulgourmet.com/
- Phone: (410) 356-2606
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gather, Entertain, Celebrate! The private dining room at Artful Gourmet Bistro is the perfect spot for your event- from business meetings to milestone celebrations. With seating for up to 45 guests, we can tailor a party perfect for every occasion & budget. Available for lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Denise McMonagle 4436082755x
A word from Artful Gourmet Bistro
Artful Gourmet Bistro is a casual eating spot serving imaginative and excellent cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Artful Gourmet Bistro - Best Restaurants in Owings Mills ›
Artful Gourmet Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (20)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Always enjoyable. Always have an excellent, trained waiter. Nice to see the owner circulating in the dining room talking to customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good againchewyVIPDined on 11/14/2014We visited Artful Gourmet for dinner on a chilly evening. The atmosphere was warm and friendly and the food was delicious, as usual. We will return. Our waitress was excellent, very down to earth and efficient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerspriteDined on 11/7/2014We were very satisfied with the food. We always are. The choices are varied and the serving staff was very helpful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!DesigningLadiesDined on 11/1/2014We met friends there for dinner and all of us enjoyed our meals. Their menu is unique compared to most so there were many choices. It is a convenient location, too.Special Features:
- Great findonmangebienDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I had been looking for a neighborhood restaurant that was nice enough for special occasions but not "stuffy". Artful Gourmet fit the bill perfectly! Excellent food and service but still informal. The bartender certainly knows their wines as their reccomendation was spot on. The food was perfect, dessert sublime and the cappucino delicious. Our server was friendly and attentive without being " hovering". We will be back!Special Features:
- Meeting friendsFoodiesrelaxingDined on 10/25/2014The drinks were excellent and so was the food; all far better than you would expect from a suburban shopping strip location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYummyDined on 10/25/2014Have been here several times and the food is always outstanding. Service has also always been greatSpecial Features:
- A nice change of sceneryFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Artful Gourmet is very unique. The cuisine tilts toward Italian and Spanish and is quite imaginative. We were surprised that they do not serve dessert, but we do not need the extra calories anyhow! We would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DelightperpetualfeastDined on 10/25/2014This was a delightful place to eat before a theater performance. I chose it initially because they give a 10% discount if you show you theater ticket. They had a large and varied menu. I had one of the daily specials, which was crab and lobster stuffed eggplant, absolutely smothered in cheese. It was meltingly good - and way too big for one person. Made a great next day lunch. It was also comfortable for a solo diner, which many nicer restaurants are not. I was too full for dessert, but next time I plan to skip the appetizer (I had sushi style tuna, which was terrific, but quite large for one person) and leave room for dessert. This will be my go to place for before theater dining in Owings MillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatDined on 10/24/2014My second time there and once again, the chef didn't disappoint. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!LandLDined on 10/24/2014It's a MUST-GO! Outstanding food, outstanding service, outstanding ambiance, outstanding owner/chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/13/2014Service and food consistently excellent. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodtitoVIPDined on 10/8/2014food was acceptable, have been there a few times, and is hit and miss with food and service. If you are lucky or the restaurant is having a good night.. you will have a nice experience, if not.. oh well..Special Features:
- Service was greatPRBURKEDined on 10/1/2014We had a group of 10 for lunch. The service and food were great. I noticed a group that cam ein behind us. They kept growing and the wait staff was very accomidating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerMarshaSDined on 9/28/2014Particularly delicious were two of the dinner specials -- halibut, and lamb chops. Great dinners here.Special Features:
- chinagirlVIPDined on 9/22/2014Always good. Seems like their prices have gone up. The bill was higher than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!DebDVIPDined on 9/19/2014Artful Gourmet Bistro is one of those consistently great restaurants that never disapoints. They have a great menu selection, wonderful specials, consistently delicious food and a great staff. Thumbs up, one of my very favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- susanDined on 9/13/2014everyone raved about the eggplant so i was excited to try it. I found it to be all cheese and sause, i could not taste the eggplant or other veggies. the rest of my party had fish and loved it
- Great neighborhood spotMimiVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great salads and sandwiches. Fun to go for lunch especially when weather is nice for outside seating. Dinner time also good but older crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chinagirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. We always enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodVistorDined on 8/27/2014I caught up with a friend and had a terrific meal. As a strict vegetarian the choices were modest but the actual meal tasty, well spiced and more than I expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014The lamb is consistently fabulous! Fish special was delicious and fresh. Two different entree salads topped with tuna were great as well.Special Features:
- Love it!LoveItalianFoodDined on 8/25/2014Artful has the best food. I don't know how they do it. I had the beef medallions with rigatoni in a demi glaze and broccoli. The beef was tender, the pasta cooked just right and the broccoli was perfect. I've always had a good meal there. The staff is friendly and courteous. I hope they stay around a long time!Special Features:
- One item was very gooddavieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Two of us ordered eggplant rollatini with vodka sauce, Greek summer salad and lobster crab cake. My wife ordered gazpacho, the Greek salad and truffle chicken. Our other friend ordered ceviche, spinach and berry salad and the catch of the day, which was rockfish. The two of us who had the eggplant thought that it, and especially the vodka sauce, was fantastic. We were disappointed with the lobster crab cakes because they were dry and without much flavor. My wife was disappointed with the chicken because it had a spicy red sauce on it, although the menu description didn’t imply this. If it wasn’t for the outstanding eggplant, I would have been disappointed with this restaurant, but would go back just to have the eggplant.
- nothing short of excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Food was delicious and waitress couldn't have been nicer. Thanks Nicki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artful Gourmet - A Great FindDebbieDined on 8/17/2014Three of us were looking for a place somewhere between Westminster and Towson. Fortunately for us, we chose Artful Gourmet. Being my first time, I wasn't sure what to expect, especially during busy Restaurant Week; but we were pleasantly surprised and favorably impressed. We started with a drink at the bar. The bar tender was very educated about the wines and other beverage choices. We had a lovely three-course dinner after that. I had halibut (excellent), my husband had lamb chops (outstanding), and my friend couldn't say enough good things about the chicken. The others courses, soups and salads, were wonderful too, and made with exceptionally fresh ingredients. If you haven't been to Artful Gourmet, you don't know what you're missing. Go!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureanieaVIPDined on 8/15/2014We never tire of going to Artful Bistro. Friendly great service, a lot of creative salad choices, excellent entrees, all A's!Special Features:
- Great food- the service was greatBethDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed our first trip to Artful Gourmet Bistro during Restaurant Week. I loved the fresh fish, and my husband had the barbequed beef. Desserts were outstanding. We will definitely visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotKbrosenbergDined on 7/31/2014Nice to have such a nice place in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- The following 531 reviews are from the Artful Gourmet Bistro reviews archive.
- didiDined on 7/26/2014Perfect evening outdoors. Good food and were able to linger afterwards.Special Features:
- Overpriced Consistent DiningSitaDined on 7/24/2014This is, as always, an overpriced dining experience. It is just the only "decent" restaurant in my area. I didn't want to go far and I wanted something other than fast, greasy food so Artful foots the bill. Speaking of the bill, $25 (including tip) for a caesar salad, diet coke and 1 split dessert....WOW!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We always like the food here. We always see people that we know when we eat here.Special Features:
- mandhVIPDined on 7/13/2014We've eaten here many times. On this particular occassion the restaurant was slow. The food was truly outstanding.
- Great FindTravellinSeanVIPDined on 7/10/2014I was looking for a new place to take my dad for his birthday. I found Artful Gourmet, and I couldn't be happier. Our waitress, Jessica, was excellent! She communicated well, explained the dishes, took care of my dad, and accommodated our special requests without hesitation. We had the eggplant appetizer (absolutely delicious), the yellow curry dish, and one of the chicken dishes. All were very tasty and seemed freshly prepared. I really had no complaints, except maybe the chicken in the curry dish was a hair dry. Even the bread was tasty. We'll definitely be back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayLVIPDined on 7/10/2014We go to Artful Gourmet often as a neighborhood gem and it never fails to satisfy. Highly recommend. Good service and quality entrees.Special Features:
- consistantBarbDined on 7/3/2014Service was great, including full staff. Food is always great and dining room is comfortable.Special Features:
- Great local findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014I'm glad that I've found this restaurant. I will certainly be back for many, many occasions.Special Features:
- Upscale AtmosphereteddyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Dependable experience, always meets my expectations whether a business lunch or dinner with my wife.Special Features:
- Saturday Wife DateGreatNightOutDined on 6/21/2014Food was good as was the service. It as been great every visit so far. We usually get some of the specialty dishes but this visit we tried some of the dinner salads. The salads were fresh and loaded with chopped veggies. I got the one with a tuna steak on top.Special Features:
- Artful Gourmet BistroCurtDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed the lamb chops and chicken pan roasted with white wine, lemon and garlic. The lamb was especially good with a nice orange-balsamic reduction (was it really orange or plum?!?!) The Mezzacorona Pinot Noir was very nice; I'll look for it in my local wine store. The Raspberry Amaretto cake was scrumptious and, resembling a wedding cake, a fitting finish for our 41st wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.