106 W 73rd St
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artecafenyc.com/
- Phone: 2125017014
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Camillo Bassani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Large private and semi private rooms available.
- Private Party Contact: Victor Lopez 2125017014
- Special Events: We've hosted The Drama Desk Awards for the last three years for 400 people.
A word from Arte Cafe
Arte Cafe located in a landmark brownstone, features a large outdoor garden with a water fountain. Just steps away from Central Park, Chef Camillo Bassani, formally from the Hasseler Hotel in Rome, presents upscale pan-Italian cuisine with homemade pastas, fresh meats, fish, pizza from a brick-oven and sumptuous desserts. Private rooms are available for all events and budgets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arte Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (97)great for outdoor dining (84)great for brunch (55)good for groups (42)great for lunch (40)romantic (31)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (27)kid-friendly (25)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/25/2014Neighborhood restaurant with good, solid food. Attentive staff and happy to please. Salads seemed plentiful. Salmon entree a bit skimpy. Pasta was good. No complaints from guests. Nice bread basket. Noise level easy to converse with others.Special Features:
- il mangiare fuoriNolaDined on 8/24/2014Great place, especially in warmer weather, because you can eat outside in either the front or back garden. The food was great, the pasta al dente. The preparation was very important because we took our Italian friends. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentExcellentVIPDined on 8/18/2014First time there and would definitely go back if in the neighborhood. For and service were both good.Special Features:
- Looking forward to a return visitLoves2dineoutDined on 8/16/2014Arte Cafe was recommended by a friend who lives on the Upper West Side & I must say is a judge of good food from prior recommendations. We were 4 people for dinner. All had different entrees & everyone enjoyed their selections. Portion sizes were large, salads were large enough for two people to share, those that had dessert truly enjoyed their treats. Our waitress was very attentive as was her assistant. Lovely ambience as well. I most certainly will return & have already spoken about this neighborhood charmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful outdoor garden. Service was adequate. Reasonably priced wine list. Food was just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite New York dinning spot.HankNYCDiningDined on 8/13/2014I have been coming to Arte Cafe for more than twenty years. It holds a special place in my heart. Part of my love affair with New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find!mvickieaDined on 8/13/2014Needed a close location to the Beacon for a show and found Arte Cafe. It's a little hidden being off the main avenue, but that makes it more intimate and less noisy than a place right on Columbus. We didn't check the wine menu, but they offer quite a few selections by the glass. The food menu offerings offered something for everyone, pasta, meat, fish, pizza, salads. We went with pasta since we were under the gun for time, but I would like to come back and try a full selection of dishes. The service was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Good enough to return . . soon!dinetimeDined on 8/10/2014Very pleased with all--the food, the drinks (perfect martini made the way I asked) and good service. Will definitely return to try many dishes that I considered appealing. I will not be a stranger.Special Features:
- ArteDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed eating outside, and the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Great first experiencebbessaDined on 8/6/2014It was our first time there and we loved it. The calamari appetizer was delicious. The four cheese pasta I ordered was also really good. I can't remember everything we ordered but everything was really good. I made a reservation for 9pm and we were seated immediately. The staff was very friendly. There is outdoor sitting as well. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodJanDVIPDined on 8/6/2014This neighborhood Italian restaurant has consistently good food. I love eating in the garden in the good weather. Otherwise, inside its too noisy for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceladymoVIPDined on 8/5/2014It's great food but poor service all around. I was really disppointed b/c the food was good they need to train the staff to be more professional, prompt and alert.Special Features:
- Dependably Good for early DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014This is our dependably good place for dinner, especially before the theater or Lincoln Center. Unlike most restaurants in the area, they're open all afternoon so, whatever time you come, they'll have service. Their lunch special (which is served til 6 PM!) is a great bargain and the food is dependably quite delicious. The service, however, is not so good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DiningProfDined on 8/3/2014We were seated in the garden at the rear and it was perfect for brunch(and I would think for dinner as well).Highly recommend edSpecial Features:
- Lovely brunch in garden.JervVIPDined on 8/2/2014Everything was just so nice. We had a pleasant brunch just what we wanted for a beautful Saturday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pepperoniDined on 8/1/2014VERY ARTFUL AND GREAT ITALIAN FLARE. FOOD IS EXCEPTIONAL. TAKE YOUR RELATIVES THAT COME TO VISIT ESPECIALLY FROM ITALY THEY FEEL AT HOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartBDined on 8/1/2014We are attending a production of King Lear in Central Park @ the Delcarote Theater. I've always loved Arte Café. It was a great choice. My daughter & two of her colleagues of her Company joined me. The appetizers, dinner selection, wine & beer were all wonderful. Great service by our waiter who also recommend the great Brooklyn Beer, wine & appetizers. Next time we go we'll sit out doors (which I never do in NYC) but here it would be lovely. Can't recommend this wonderful restaurant for it's value, ambiance, wonderful food & great staff. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Short-staffed for the evening??GW2013Dined on 7/29/2014Upon arriving for dinner, the hostess kindly accommodated our request to dine outside. After being seated and given menus, it took over 10 minutes for a waiter to take the order, more than 10 minutes for drinks to arrive, and more than 15 minutes for appetizers. He forgot the order, and the food was hastily assembled; you could tell it was quickly thrown onto a plate. Then, after asking three servers/busboys for plates, my companion had to get up and ask the kitchen for plates himself. While the food was mostly good, as it usually is, the service was terrible and lacking. It was embarrassing for me to have recommended the restaurant to a friend, who owns a restaurant in San Francisco, and whose service is top notch.Special Features:
- Great food. Average Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Arte Cafe on a Saturday at 11am for brunch. The overall environment was very comfortable and casual, but I was disappointed with the service. It took 10 minutes for us to get a glass of water and get the waitstaff's attention. There was only one other table at this time, so it was not an excuse of being too busy. The food was decent. Fairly large portions for the money.Special Features:
- Love Arte CafeJanDVIPDined on 7/25/2014I've been going to Arte Cafe for many years. I'm so happy that their outdoor garden has reopened. It's a terrific space and quieter than inside. The food is delicious. I had salmon cooked to perfection. The 3 people I was with also loved their mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablealikVIPDined on 7/25/2014Never a bad meal -- consistently good experience for food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Outoor Dining!PortiaDined on 7/24/2014Arte Cafe is more than a neighborhood favorite - it's one of our favorite places for outdoor dining in all of the UWS. There are two outdoor dining areas - in a protected area facing 73rd St, which hardly has any street traffic and is both lovely and fun for people-watching, and a back garden. The other evening we had a birthday party for a friend there - the staff quickly put together 3 tables for a cozy party. For apetizers we ordered a selection of cheeses and meats that was perfect. The pasta is excellent, and there's a great selection of wines - we especially like the Italian options. All reasonably priced. We also enjoy Arte around the Corner - which offers some of the same menu items and even more , including great salads.Special Features:
- Relaxed Brunchurd202VIPDined on 7/19/2014Really good outdoor seating (they were able to give me a table outside even though I hadn't specified on the reservation). Street was quiet, so was able to have good conversation. Didn't feel rushed at all during brunch and there was always someone available when we needed something. My friend and I got the spinach ravioli - it was fine (nothing exciting), but a lot of their other dishes looked great.Special Features:
- All time favoriteTudaiseyDined on 7/12/2014Arte cafe is a dependably great place to go with two outdoor eating areas. Roomy indoor eating areas as well, where you are not too close to other people. Food is great every time so far. Took the three kids to celebrate my birthday and ate outside in the back area which is quite spacious with an awning they can open up should it start to rain. Waiters were attentive and friendly. All around a very lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dynamite BrunchJayTDined on 7/12/2014This is an excellent brunch spot on the UWS. The menu is delicious, and brunch runs until 4pm. They offer a $20 bottle of champagne for mimosas, etc, which is a great deal. The restaurant has a beautiful ambiance, and the food is very reasonably priced. A!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal & enjoyable eveningbnathanVIPDined on 7/9/2014We are definitely glad that our friend suggested dinner at Arte Cafe, as we had a delicious meal (appetizer, entrees, desserts), nice glass of wine, and warm service. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good DiningABH13Dined on 7/9/2014Great choice of food variety and meal preparation. Wonderful wine list. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Garden DiningReneeDined on 7/5/2014I have been to Arte many times and the food is consistently well prepared with fresh ingredients. The homemade pasta special with scallops and sausage was excellent. This is the first time I sat in the back garden. July 5th was a beautiful day and evening; the garden quiet and lovely. Such a rarity in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Nice & ComfyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2014Traditional Italian food at moderate prices. Though wine per glass was pricey for not much.
- a lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Pleasant and comfortable ambiance, attentive staff, and with very good food and wine. Felt very relaxed and happy. Not too much noise, but we did have to change tables to get away from the loudspeaker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 7/3/2014Returned to Arte Cafe for the 4th time. Always dependable. Food was delicious once again.Special Features:
- Poor serviceBabsVIPDined on 6/30/2014It may have been an off night but everything was off!Special Features:
- Arte ReviewHappytodineoutDined on 6/26/2014Good food at reasonable prices but the add-on of $2 for the beet salad was not worth it. The Mediterranean salad was a better choice. Accommodating, friendly service. Reasonable, very good food for a frequently expensive neighborhood with only mediocre food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inexperienced staff?JogoDined on 6/25/2014The food was excellent, but the waiter seemed somewhat inexperienced. As the meal progressed, he became somewhat inattentive. I had to ask another waiter to get my second drink to prevent getting it served with my entree. Then there was a 30 minute wait between our appetizers and entree. The woman next to us was not pleased with her service as well. When the waiter brought her the check, she said, "Don't leave!" I guess she thought it would be a while before he would return. I'll come back here, but if the service is like this again, it will be the last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice terracesevyDined on 6/25/2014Unfortunately we were chased by a few drops of rain but the outdoor space is really nice and the food is good.Special Features:
- ReneeDined on 6/24/2014This is a tried and true neighborhood gem! Food is consistently good, well prepared with fresh ingredients in a comfortable italian villa atmosphere. Staff is always accommodating. The pricing is fair.Special Features:
- Reliable Neighborhood ItalianClassicVIPDined on 6/23/2014I have been going to Arte Cafe for over 10 years. It is a solid restaurant with very good basic Italian food. The service can be spotty occasionally, but overall is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- how easy it is to forget!ChickieDined on 6/23/2014i had not been to Arte Cafe for a very long time, and at that it had been maybe only 2-3 times. this time it was to meet s very long time friend, who i had not seen in a very long time. it was a big hit for both of us, on all fronts. the outdoor garden was a special treat, and she is looking to return and introduce Arte to family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutVIPDined on 6/23/2014Had a great time! Happened to be there before 6pm - and the special lunch menu was still available! Great deal for $14.95 - and a bottle of wine for $20!! Everything was delicious! Sat in the beautiful back garden. Def will be back again!!Special Features:
- Where's my waiter?BrunchGoersDined on 6/22/2014We had reservations, yet we waited 20 minutes before being seated. We waited an additional 7-10 minutes for anyone to bring us water, and another 5 minutes after that before our waiter came to take our order. The waiter seemed like a nice guy, and apologized for the delay. Our food came promptly (and was pretty good), but was the last we saw of our waiter for the rest of the afternoon. Half and hour after cleaning our plates, there was still no sign of our waiter. I asked a passing busser for our check, and the waiter from one table over came with it, reading the check out loud to us, asking it if it was ours. After paying, we walked past the bar towards the exit and there our original waiter is, sitting at the bar chatting to his coworker.