1131 Greenwood Lake TPKE
Ringwood, NJ 07456Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://artarestaurant.net/
- Phone: 9737282344x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Arta restaurant
Arta Restaurant is located on the Greenwood Lake Turnpike in Ringwood, New Jersey, just minutes from the New York State border. Serving Northern Italian Cuisine, Arta has a full lunch and dinner menu and is open Tuesday through Sunday. Arta's dishes include chicken, veal, beef, fish and a selection of homemade pastas. At Arta we use our experience to recommend a wine that will be a perfect compliment to your meal. We stock a variety of domestic and imported red, white and sparkling wines. Relax at our comfortable bar, dine in our warm and casual atmosphere, or contact us for information about our famous catering services. Whatever your dining needs, Arta Restaurant will make your dining experience one to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Arta restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ringwood ›
Arta restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (21)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (15)good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Once More.LilyhammerJohnnyDined on 8/8/2014This is the ONLY restaurant I have ever booked more then once through OpenTable. It is overall excellent. Food is great. Service is great. Atmosphere is great. The only thing is it's location? Certainly it's worthy of a spot in Ridgewood, Hohokus, or any upscale Bergen County town environment with more foot traffic and exposure.Special Features:
- Worth the tripproducerDined on 7/19/2014I took a half hour ride to try Arta and must say it was worth the trip. Most of the reviews were spot on. In considering a restaurant, food is always most important , followed by service than ambiance. The ambiance is nothing special but the service and food is. My party of four all agreed. The service was great from the moment we entered and the food was presented well with the taste to match. Go and enjoy!Special Features:
- This Restaurant never diappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2014"This is an elegant restaurant with a touch of class. We love the multiple dining choices. The food quality was very fresh and delicious as was the elegant presentations. The whole filleted Red Snapper with a lump crabmeat crust was a delight and the portion was copious. Sauces tend to be on the light side, which doesn't overpower the dishes. The drink list is extensive and moderately priced. You can't go wrong with this restaurant."Special Features:
- What a surpriseSMB51Dined on 7/1/2014Wish I found this place years ago. Who knew? Tucked away up in Ringwood, but outstanding Italian food and impeccable attentive friendly service. Very modestexterior, but not a pizza joint. This is a for-real white tablecloth place. Fresh sardines appetizer, lobster ravioli and the Veal Arta were all really good. Ended with ginger gelato. Delicious!Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceLuigiVIPDined on 6/22/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, flavor and presentation of the food! The service was impeccable and friendly and so attentive! It was truly a fine dining experience in such a beautiful area! I can't thank Romeo and his fine staff enough for such a memorable evening of great food! I am looking forward to coming back soon! Grazie Mille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014"When you enter a restaurant and are greeted with smiling faces and professional, courteous attention, chances are that this is a sign of good things to come. In the case of Arta's this held true in every possible way and it is clear that this is an extremely well-managed establishment with a very high quality mindset. Everything was absolutely exquisite and the service was as good as it gets. The owner was friendly, enthusiastic, and gave us an extra dessert so we could try .Of course, it was delicious. I doubt that there is a single item on the menu that would disappoint, so all I can say is try this place...it is truly a neighborhood gem, deserving of each and every star I have given them."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "The food and service are excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We arrived for dinner on a Saturday night. Unfortunately, I mistakenly booked my reservation for Friday night. We drove 45 minutes in the pouring rain .The staff was so accomodating. They arranged a table for us even though the restaurant was packed. Our meal was delicious as usual!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "As always, everything was spot onOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The service is excellent without it being intrusive in any way. The food continues to be a high point with just the right level of seasoning while letting natural flavors come through. The owners are attentive and can be found by the bar always happy to socialize with you and listen to your feedback. Dinner at Arta's is always a very special, very satifying night."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014"Everything about Artas is top notch. it has all right ingredients from the friendly and accommodating staff, to the ambience, to the GREAT food. I had an octopus appetizer not only delicious , but beautifully presented and tender as could be. The fillet mignonette was cooked and seasoned to perfection so was the Bronzino the fish dish . Dessert was no let down either. Like a great story, our time here again was great , from beginning , middle to end. We will be back for more."Special Features:
- I'LL NEVER EAT TALAPIA AGAINalchDined on 6/6/2014I'VE HAD THE JOHN DORY AT ARTA MANY TIMES. IT IS FANTASTIC NO MATTER HOW IT IS PREPARED. MY FAVORITE IS IN GINGER SAUCE. I'LL NEVER EAT TALAPIA AGAIN!Special Features:
- Loved ItLuvfoodDined on 5/22/2014Great food! Great service! What else can you ask for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisealchDined on 5/21/2014Normally when I think of Arta, I associate it with great food and excellent service. When my associate suggested we take his 4 year old granddaughter there, I hesitated. Boy was I wrong. The attentive service she received was amazing. The service was excellent and the strawberries and ice cream desert made a big hit!Special Features:
- Wonderful retaurant!LilyhammerJohnnyDined on 5/16/2014This was my first time at Arta and it turned out to be excellent. The food was great overall, the service was right on, prompt, and very conscientious, the wine they served was awesome, desserts were great, presentation was wonderful, and the atmosphere was elegant and quiet, just the way I like it. The only recommendation for improvement I have is that the calamari appetizer was a little gummy and needs to be more well done I guess, but that is the only fault we had that night. I will definitely be returning when I can.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014As usual, Arta's was spectacular! The food is always spot on and the service is absolutely perfect. Wonderful wine list. Great for casual dinner or special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Arta restaurant reviews archive.
- quiet, traditional ItalianRobinYogiDined on 4/19/2014Great for conversation. Very good traditional Italian food. Meals include complimentary olive and cheese starter, and salads which were tasty and not overdressed. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- A Must Visit RestaurantEdKrisDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant was amazing. Great service and great food. We would not hesitate to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very welcoming dining experience.judybillDined on 4/11/2014A very welcoming dining experience. Invited immediately to sit at a table or walk to bar area. Service was excellent, drinks were great, bartender friendly and helpful with great ingredients! Food was delicious and prompt. Atmoshpere was very enjoyable, conversations at the bar with other patrons and management..nice.Special Features:
- Dinner at ArtaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014"Awesome restaurant, a definite stand out in town" Probably the best Italian restaurant in the area in terms of food, ambiance, services, etc. I recommend getting the bufala mozzarella if you usually order the caprese salad - THE most legit piece of mozzarella cheese you will have outside of Italy #cheesefanaticspeaking. The bread, olives, parmesan cheese ,they give as complimentary very nice touch . After reading all the mouth watering specials, I decided to try the Halibut and my husband the Veal Chop just delicious food . Must have the Zabaglione for dessert . The food was wonderful and the service as well. I would recommend it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Wonderful!! Wonderful!!!LindalouDined on 4/1/2014I made my reservation on the advice of a friend!!! My new favorite restaurant!!! The food was so fresh and DELICIOUS!!! Everyone was so attentive and friendly! We felt as if we were family! We were a party of 6 and everyone had such a great time! Do you know how you get when the food is so good? You just stop talking and eat?? Well that's how we were! When we did start talking, we were raving about how delicious the food was. We each had something different, from chicken with sausage and potatoes (mine) yummy, yummy!! to pasta with shrimp!! (outrageous)!! I recommend Arta's restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinnerVolksfolkDined on 3/26/2014Went here for the first time for our wedding anniversary. I mentioned the occasion when making the reservation, everyone we were served by all night told us Happy Anniversary - nice touch. Food was excellent - Octopus salad was very tender and nice and spicy. My wife had Sea Bass, I had Bronzini, both were outstanding and not swimming in sauce or butter. Tiramisu for desert with ice cream was a nice topper and the coffee was excellent. Service was very good and attentive, silverware changed between courses, crumbs swept away, etc. Prices are steep for Ringwood, but for a special occasion it was a special dinner. My wife was very happy and told all her friends about it, so I am happy too.Special Features:
- Wondeful as alwaysrunningman71Dined on 3/8/2014We've been going to Arta for years and they never disappoint. You always get a great meal at a reasonable price. The service is very good. Decor and ambiance are simple yet inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnervoormajaDined on 3/1/2014Went to Arta Restaurant to celebrate my birthday. It was recommended by co-workers especially for the fish entrees. It did not disappoint. Husband raved about the Bronzino. Daughter enjoyed fried calamari appetizer and Sole Provenziale. I had the Risotto with Shrimp and Scallops - wonderfully creamy and rich. All the food beautifully plated and served. Waitstaff attentive but discreet. Lovely experience. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place, would go back againJEArtimDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I went there for my birthday and were very pleasantly surprised. The service was very good and the food was superb. I had their chicken special and asked if it could come without one of the ingredients, which they were able to easily accommodate. My husband had the lobster ravioli, which was made fresh on site and stuffed perfectly with lots of lobster. We had such a nice time and plan to go back again soon! Great find!Special Features:
- “Amazing experience”OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Great food!! Great service... Loved the tuna tar tar and the Bronzino.And the banana flambé fantastic ending . Great place if you like great food! A must do in Ringwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.