Art House Café
111 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Art House Café
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arthousecafe.com/
- Phone: 2532122011x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 8 am - 2 pm
Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday - Saturday 8 am - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Aimee Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Friday Evenings we are graced by local musicians who wish nothing more than to share their musical talents with those around them. Come enjoy live performances every Friday by artists you surely will not want to miss!
A word from Art House Café
Located in the historic Stadium district of Tacoma, the Art House Café exemplifies the essence of Scratch American cuisine. The kitchen explores the bounty of the Pacific Northwest with an ingredient-driven menu. We invite you to rediscover what it means to cook and eat in Tacoma, Washington.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Art House Café reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Wonderful LunchADelDined on 8/26/2014I took four of my staff to lunch on a Tuesday and we couldn't have had a better experience! We all had various salads, which were delicious (the Chilled Watermelon with Prawns was to die for!) and the service was fantastic. The comfortable atmosphere and friendly nature of their team the belies the 'foodie' quality of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I love the relaxed atmosphere of this lovely restaurant. You feel like you are having a meal with friends in family on your back porch. The butternut squash pizza was FABULOUS and the spinach salad with the grapefruit was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art House CafeFlossyDined on 8/15/2014This was a great find through open table. The food is delicious and creative. The staff was always available and did a great job. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. I had the salmon scramble with small red potatoes and my friend had an egg whit omelet with a side salad. All of the dishes were exceptional. We sat inside, however a covered patio was available, even though it was raining people were able to sit outside and enjoy the Northwest weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeatandrepleteDined on 6/7/2014The last time I wrote a review for AHC, I could not give enough praise. However, Saturday night was the antithesis - at least regarding the food and the new menu. Several of my favorites i.e. the beet salad and one of the pizzas is no longer offered. I settled for the ahi tuna salad and it was a joke! The tuna was overcooked and meager (looked like cat food) and the portion for the price was robbery (basically, I paid 15 dollars for a few pieces of tuna "chunks" and a hard boiled egg). My husband had the salmon with orzo and it was acceptable. The atmosphere and the music and the service were all on point - as usual. However, we are looking for a new neighborhood favorite as AHC is no longer my first choice.Special Features:
- Quality and fair priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Great Duck, Great Salad, good wine/beer options. The ambiance was inviting, clean and modern. The outdoor eating space is nice and the indoor area is open and comfortable. Service was good but it was pre-dinner rush. I'd go 3.5 of 5 stars.Special Features:
- Night out at the Art House CafeBarhopperDined on 5/23/2014I enjoyed my first dinner at the Art House Café. The ambience is casual, modern and open. We were there on a Friday night and the live music was pleasant (guitarist). The menu was not extensive but all of the choices were tempting.Special Features:
- bears repeatingrepeatandrepleteDined on 5/17/2014I learned about AHC while watching the advertisements at the Grand Cinema. Thought I'd pay it a visit. So glad that I did. I have been back with spouse, relatives, and friends. I recommend AHC every chance I get. The food, service, and attention is consistently excellent. The atmosphere is inviting and convivial. I always feel like an honored and valued guest. I do wish the wine (red) list was a bit broader...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice early weeknight dinnerjndndmVIPDined on 5/15/2014We'd been here for brunch, which was worth the wait (the place is SUPER popular on weekends), but this was a lovely early weeknight dinner for my husband's birthday. It was nice that we made it in before the crowd. I was disappointed in the limited menu, mostly pizza, but my husband really enjoyed it, and the chocolate cake was delightful.Special Features:
- DisappointingGMP66Dined on 5/11/2014This was our third visit and unfortunately the experience was not positive enough to return. The staff is very inexperienced: slow, inattentive, lacking in knowledge. Our server meant well, but that only goes so far. The menu has so much potential, but execution isn't there. Pizza that is undercooked and bland, lentils seasoned like cup-o-soup, salad with giant lettuce leaves that you have to spend minutes chopping up to eat with too much bacon and nuts. It's really disappointing because the atmosphere is great and the concept as well. We had similar issues on the first two visits but have been hoping they were anomolies.
- The following 2 reviews are from the Art House Café reviews archive.
- Hip neighborhood spot to eatFoodieDined on 4/25/2014Love this place for breakfast and lunch! Atmosphere very hip,casual and up scale. Food is high quality, interesting and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for dinnerStellaDined on 4/19/2014We have had breakfast and lunch here in the past and always enjoyed it but this was our first time for dinner. Great food, fun live music, sort of slow service but, with the music, we didn't mind.Special Features: