Art Cafe 26
5107-2 Center Street
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Art Cafe 26
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.artcafe26.com/
- Phone: 7575657788
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Wednesday: 10:30 AM - 5 PM
Thursday - Friday: 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM & 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM & 5:30 - 8:30 PM
Sunday: 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM
As of July 01, 2011 artcafe26 appreciates your credit card information for reservations of more than two guests. You may cancel 24 hours prior to your reservation,or artcafe26 charges $30.00 p.p. to your credit card account.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Austrian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Bernhard Klinger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering according to customers special event.
- Private Party Facilities: Artcafe26 offers dining for private, corporate events, rehearsal dinner or weddings.
- Private Party Contact: Sibilla Dengs 7575657788
- Entertainment: Throughout the summer, music on Friday or Saturday night on the patio
- Special Events: The first Thursday of every month artcafe26 offers a "Wiener Schnitzel" night from 5:00pm-8:30pm.
A word from Art Cafe 26
artcafe26, the place that’s different.Continued
Inventive, fresh, tasty, mostly organic produce.
Molecular cuisine incorporated in dinner menu and daily dessert menus.
Seasonal menu throughout the year.
Inventive, fresh, tasty, mostly organic produce.
Molecular cuisine incorporated in dinner menu and daily dessert menus.
Seasonal menu throughout the year.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Art Cafe 26 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Friendly, Sophisticated & DeliciousRCONDEDined on 3/23/2014This is the second time that we visit this spot. Both times we've been there for brunch. The croissants are warm and the fresh jam is delicious (not to be missed). We've ordered both of the omelettes in their menu and they are both great, though I do prefer the veggie one. It is served very hot and the eggs are cooked just right every time. The staff and the owner, who was there at both of our visits, are very friendly and dedicated to customer service. We have a young child and they catered to all our needs with the little one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClosingNeighborVIPDined on 3/22/2014Sorry ot hear this top Williamsburg restaurant is closing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- art and food!JohnDined on 3/15/2014Recently we had a delicious dinner beautifully presented and prepared. The decor is very clean and modern, and there is artwork on the walls. A very pleasant evening in New Town, Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemPaulVIPDined on 3/14/2014From the time we entered, my wife and I felt warmly welcomed. The eclectic menu caters to a wide variety of tastes, and everything we ate we savored. We''re going back this week. The service is of a very high order, gracious and restrained.Special Features:
- Special place for a special dinnerAlkatomaDined on 3/8/2014Surrounded by a changing display of local painters, sit back and relax while your delightful meal is carefully preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Williamsburg GemJudeDined on 3/8/2014Peaceful, inviting, and artfully designed, Art Cafe owner Sibilia makes every single customer feel welcomed and special. That attention is equally matched by the outstanding presentation and quality of the cafe's meals, amazing coffee and other beverages, and attentive but not intrusive service. We have enjoyed brunch here many times and look forward to trying dinner. It is a rarity that a diner can find that unique combination of a beautiful environment, exquisite service, delicious food, and quiet atmosphere all wrapped up in one. An added bonus is the owner's knowledge of art, especially from the Near East, and her promotion of local artists in the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a light, uncluttered,msjudyVIPDined on 2/16/2014This is a light, uncluttered, art-filled place with wonderful food...one of our favorites, especially for breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningTomCDined on 2/15/2014We visited Art Cafe 26 for the first time and have a very enjoyable evening. The food and service were terrific. Definite will return we we are back in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art Cafe is a jewel in WilliamsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014Art Cafe is a great special occasion. Food is excellent, service is some of the best that I have ever seen. My wife and I have been here half of a dozen times and it has always been great. The owner comes out and greats you and picks a good wine that goes with each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodEngleVIPDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed a very pleasant lunch. The owner is a gracious lady, greeting all her guests.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Art Cafe pulled out all the stops for us on Valentine's Day; a fantastic prix fixe menu that featured smoked salmon and beef with a fantastic pea soup and desert sampler were served deliberately in Art Café's airy space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. Met theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was great. Met the owner and she could not have been nicer! I would go back for sure. Thank you for making my Valentine's day great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in WilliamsburgDCdinersVIPDined on 2/12/2014ArtCafe 26 is a unique experience. The atmosphere is warm and casual but decidedly European. It is a place to linger and enjoy the beauty of the restaurant design, the warm, knowledgeable and professional service, amazing food and a rotating display of beautiful art. I don't know another place like this anywhere in the US, never mind Williamsburg. I have dined there many times for dinner, lunch, breakfast and brunch. It is always a highlight of the day. The proprietor, Sibilla Dengs is a singular personality. She is always warm and welcoming. While she is exacting in her pursuit of providing a perfect experience, her objective is to make the quests feel relaxed and to linger.Special Features:
- My wife and I are regularsDrJohnVIPDined on 1/11/2014My wife and I are regulars here -- before we could eat tonights dinner we had to take pictures of our entries. The presentation was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special art occasionsFriendsandFondueVIPDined on 1/8/2014Art Cafe 26 was good but I wouldn't recommend it for lunch ($19 for the business lunch) but feel it is more for a special dinner occasion or for one of their art exhibits. I had the business lunch and while the food was good, I think they went too far making it "upscale". Having a water glass (the same type from which I was drinking water) and a huge tablespoon to eat it was awkward. Veggie risotto was really good. However, the salad was in a coffee mug and the greens weren't cut into bite sizes so eating it was again awkward. Dessert was a raspberry whip and a tube of white chocolate served on a plate with two small stone palettes. Fancy but not functional. I had to guess to use one stone to mix the chocolate with the raspberry whip.Special Features:
- ExceptionalBlooddadDined on 12/31/2013Enjoyed one of the greatest meals of my life here. A nine course experience of cuisine as art. Not to be missed. Definitely come here. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Wonderful!PickyDined on 12/28/2013There is no more to be said. My dining experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodieforfunVIPDined on 12/28/2013We have dined here twice on vacation and both times have been outstanding. When you book the table it is yours for the night, which means you are paying for an evening of entertaining not just the food. We love in Washington, D.C. And often frequent similar avant garde restaurants and thus restaurant could stand its ground with the best of them. If you are looking for a treat this is it but please do not order safe, be adventurous. We will defiantly be dining there again next Christmas vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary Wizardry - Wow!DurhamFoodieVIPDined on 12/28/2013This was my second time dining at the ArtCafe26, and, just as last time, it was phenomenal! My wife and I certainly appreciate some of the other top restaurants in the area, but, in our opinion, this is the best. Every morsel is to be savored and every creative touch is to be admired. As far as food quality, ArtCafe26 is on par with some of the top-notch establishments in San Francisco and New York. The good news is that you don't have to pay SF and NY prices, and, further, rather than contending with big city attitude, you are treated to the warm hospitality of the delightful owner, Ms. Sibilla Dengs. Although there is lovely art in the cafe, the most beautiful art is the delectable culinary gems that the brilliant chef creates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so nice but so preciousdinersDined on 12/14/2013This was such a find, at first, but the excellent food became too precious--too much attention to surprises on the plate and odd touches. A dash of rare salt, an odd concoction on the side, etc. Little things to explore rather than a dish completely made. It's a beautiful little restaurant, though, very quiet and unique. But if you're hoping to celebrate something, and you wish to feel enthralled by a big night out, this isn't the place. This is for quiet, for serenity, for whispers. And that's not a bad thing. Just a different thing.Special Features:
- Absolutely DelighfulLiv2EatVIPDined on 12/12/2013We loved the prefix dinner. My husband and I haven't had Weiner Schnitzel as good since our trip to Austria. The mushroom soup was full of flavor and just delicious. Excellent service and friendly. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, modern designOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Food was very good but menu was limited. You should call ahead to see what is being offerred.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassfooddawgVIPDined on 12/7/2013This was one of the best meals we have ever had. The food was routine (pork, fish etc.) but the preparation was unique and very creative. The food tasted great and each course was a joy to see and experience. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting a special night out.Special Features:
- Hard to believe..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/6/2013Breakfast and Lunch is wonderful , but the weekend dining experience was truely the best quality, service and presentation we have ever experienced in the 19 years of living in Williamsburg.... and we have eaten everwhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to Europe without leaving!DrJohnVIPDined on 11/30/2013There are lot's of fine places to eat in greater Williamsburg but this is one place in which you feel as though you've left town and gone to Europe! Its not just the food and service that are wonderful it is the climate -- the minute you walk into Art Cafe 26 the staff begin to build a relationship with you, one that lasts until your next visit! Don't miss this experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013This neat little European restaurant is a gem! The food was spectaucular, the presentation artful, the service top notch, the ambiance tranquil, the price reasonable. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will surely return! Jill Letendre (we came for Thanksgiving)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFuzzyDined on 11/28/2013Food and presentation was excellent. Service efficient and friendly. I will return.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving Dinner, Elegant, GoodSmallplatesDined on 11/28/2013My group of 6 enjoyed an elegant Thanksgiving dinner, the right amount of food, excellent service, perfect apple strudle for dessert; Lovely setting. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving feastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013Everything was top notch. The maitre d' came to check on our satisfaction several times during the meal just to be sure. Very nice list of available wines by the glass. Gourmet meal and presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed dining at CaféskabootchVIPDined on 11/14/2013We enjoyed dining at Café Art. It was quiet, the service was professional, and the food was well prepared. You should be aware that the menu is NOT extensive. I can recommend all of the soups, as we tried three and enjoyed them all. If it is on the menu, have the apfel strudle for dessert, as it was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at Its BestJohnVIPDined on 11/1/2013Art Cafe 26 is a marvelous experience for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The food is excellent and presented beautifully - always with a surprise in preparation or presentation. The owner, chef and staff are lovely people who provide a friendly, relaxing atmosphere in which to enjoy outstanding meals. The room is also an art gallery with ever changing interesting pieces. And the room is quiet enough for normal conversation! One of my favorite restaurants. Definately a place to dine in Williamsburg whether visiting or a local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely wonderful diningAngelVIPDined on 11/1/2013Uniquely wonderful dining experience, from start to finish. Like dining out of the country. Extremely talented and skilled chef! All we can say is "WOW!"Special Features:
- Making food historyTravelingfoodiDined on 10/17/2013A great find in historic Williamsburg. The restaurant is trying to make its own food and art history in this town filled with places to eat. We had our best meal here during a weeks stay in the historical triangle, Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. Limited new menu every night so call ahead to see what's being served. We pursed the menu for meals a couple of days ahead and saw many dishes we'd love to try but had to leave next day. We should have gone here earlier. Great reasonably priced wine list by glass or bottle. Our meals were innovative, beautifully presented and perfectly cooked. Definitely worth the price and making a return to next time we visit the area.Special Features:
- My dining experience exceededFOLFOXVIPDined on 10/12/2013My dining experience exceeded my expectations. Each course was outstanding in its preparation, composition, and presentation. Art Cafe 26 is a gem in Williamsburg and compares favorably to similar restaurants in larger metropolitan areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trip to Williamsburg!DCdinersVIPDined on 10/3/2013As a DC restauranteur friend put it " This restaurant isn't just great for Williamsburg, it's great for any city!" For those who want to try something truly exceptional. Artcafe 26 is dedicated to all the Arts: Culinary, visual and social. The space itself is a masterful creation of the proprietor, Sibilla Dengs. A true Renaissance woman, she spares no effort to create an exquisite and truly european experience. This is a fine "European Embassy" in New Town. The gallery presents stunning works from various artists. Guests are encouraged to come and linger. Each diner is treated like an honored guest. The food, by Austrian chef Bernhard Klinger is no less than edible art. Creative, fun and perfectly executed. Don't miss this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to France :)mafaesVIPDined on 9/28/2013Amazing food and in an art gallery! The presentation of every dish was a piece of art. One of those dinners that we will remember for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this place!DrJohnVIPDined on 9/28/2013Every time we walk into Art Cafe 26 we feel like we've gone to Europe! Everything from decor, to staff to food is just excellent! You get the sense that you have walked into a friends house for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive small portions.PwrshiftVIPDined on 9/19/2013Expensive small portions...not many customers. Cold decor. Food good, just doesn't fill you up.
- You can't get any better thanOut2eatVIPDined on 9/7/2013You can't get any better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting the bestGabrieleDined on 9/7/2013Its always wonderful ,the food is fantastic,we all choose different dishes and taste all and the desserts are outstanding ! Its like going home to Europe visiting family ,warm and comfy and children feel at home too. You can take your time and enjoy every bite . Love the art ,makes for a warm atmosphere .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.