218 Camino La Tierra
Santa Fe, NM 87506Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arroyovino.com/
- Phone: 5059832100x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Connell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to host private parties any night of the week depending on the size of your group and type of event. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Bargsten 505-983-2100x
A word from Arroyo Vino
Arroyo Vino serves a constantly changing menu of contemporary american "small plates" designed to be shared. The wine program consists of a dynamic by-the-glass list as well and over 750 bottles in the adjoining wine shop. Bottles from the shop, are priced at $20 over the retail price, making it the most fairly priced wine list in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Arroyo Vino - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Arroyo Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (56)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (25)good for groups (21)scenic view (21)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- fine dining at its bestShawnDined on 10/22/2014Arroyo Vino is hands down the best fine dining experience I have ever had. Chef Mark Connell's food is head and shoulders above anything I've ever seen or tasted in Santa Fe. Add that with an incredible wait staff and it changed the way I understood what going out to dinner ever even meant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014This was my second time at Arroyo Vino. The first time our service was flawless but this time it was lacking in several respects. For a restaurant that prides itself on its wine selection, our waitress was surprisingly unhelpful in suggesting a wine to go with our dinner selection. Additionally, our service was slow. I'm not sure I'll go back anytime soon. At a restaurant like this you expect special service to justify the special prices. Didn't get that this time.Special Features:
- Arroyo Vino OLE!PamFDined on 10/17/2014This should be on your very short list of the BEST dining venues in Santa Fe! Bistro atmosphere serving small and large plates, each exquisitely composed. My current favorite is the saddle of rabbit risotto. Always some great nightly specials to tempt you. Wine list is extensive.....as it includes the entire selection available in the owner's adjacent wine shop. Arroyo Vino is definitely worth the 15 minute drive from the Plaza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealRedhollyDined on 10/4/2014I have been to Arroyo Vino many times and it never disappoints. Really a fun experience, interesting food preparation, great servers and all around good time. Best to enjoy with good friends for a very relaxing eveningSpecial Features:
- Outstanding as Usual!DuchessVIPDined on 10/4/2014Love this restaurant! Food is innovative and delicious. The choice of wines is outstanding as there is a wine shop attached!! Outstanding dishes on this night were: Calamari with a Thai chile sauce, clam chowder, and a wonderful rib eye steak! Don't miss out on this wonderful restaurant just because it is a bit of a drive from the Plaza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favorite !!DadaDined on 10/2/2014Love the option of choosing your wine from the adjacent store and only paying a $20 up charge rather than the normal 100% or more markup. The selection is outstanding and really makes the meal as as it should be. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodsantafean1VIPDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant continues to amaze us. The food is imaginative and delicious. You can get small bites or full-sized plates. The selection always includes some fresh fish. meat ,and vegetables. The homemade pastas are excellent. The sauces change regularly. The bolognese sauce is full of flavor. It can be a little noisy but the food is worth that slight annoyance. I believe this chef makes the best food in Santa Fe. Do not miss the signature passion fruit truffles. They literally explode in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Meal!DuchessVIPDined on 10/1/2014We are so fortunate to have this restaurant in our neighborhood! Our dinner was delicious...starting with the best calamari I have ever eaten...crispy but tender with a spicy chile sauce. The burrata with heirloom tomatoes and crispy garlic bread is always a winner. The short ribs were excellent and the scallops in a vanilla ginger sauce were fabulous. It was so good we are returning 3 days later. Keep up your excellent work!!Special Features:
- "Off the Beaten Path" Foodie FindCitySlickerDined on 10/1/2014My friends and I recently dined at Arroyo Vino, and it was fantastic. The decor is simple...the staff was not at all pretentious. The wine list and adjoining store provide a well thought out and diverse selection of wines. Even someone with minimal wine knowledge shouldn't feel intimidated because the owner/staff are well versed and eager to help patrons find something that suits their palate. The food was creative, concepts seemed fresh, and I enjoy sharing the small plates. The plates are priced reasonably given the quality of the food, presentation and service. Some reviews mention noise, but frankly, it's not that loud (unless your a curmudgeon). There's a good energy and it's worth the drive...just won 'Open Tables' top 100 wine list.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Love this restaurant. The food and presentation are always outstanding; staff are helpful and friendly. Such a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and WinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Always an evening to look forward to. Great wine recommendations and the fresh oysters - yum. Can't stay away from the wagyu pappardelle. Pot stickers were delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in Santa FeTomADined on 9/20/2014After two disappointing dinners at Santa Fe restaurants with famous chefs, my wife and I had a fabulous experience at Arroyo Vino, equal to memorable meals we have had in other major cities in the US and around the world. To single out just one example, the tomatoes in the heirloom tomato salad were among the most flavorful I’ve ever had, and the nasturtium leaves, goat cheese sorbet, and olive oil croquant were perfect accent notes that enhanced but didn’t in any way overwhelm or compete with those glorious tomatoes. The chef and his kitchen staff cook with obvious care, restraint, and subtlety, producing dishes with beautifully balanced flavors. They also have some techniques that will surprise and amaze you. Bravo, Arroyo Vino!Special Features:
- Creative Dishes - fabulosu tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014The baby goat I ordered was amazing, but I think the table flipped for the Burrata and peppers stuffed with Manchego cheese. Brian suggested the perfect white wine - another great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit to Arroyo VinomangieDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I along with a friend tried Arroyo Vino for the first time a couple of nights ago. We had been driving past it for the last 5 months never realizing that it was a restaurant. We are new to Santa Fe. Someone mentioned that it was great with an outstanding wine store attached. Service was outstanding and everyone's food was great! I would totally recommend it to friends and we plan on making it one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous venue!2girltravelersDined on 9/13/2014My daughter and I were visiting Santa Fe and decided to stop here for a early evening light dinner and a glass of wine. The presentation of small plates and larger plates was gorgeous, food scrumptious. Everyone who served us had obvious great pride in the culinary experience they prepare and present. Wine serving was generous. We sat out on the patio and watched the sun set. Will be sure to return to this fabulous place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, Great WineLeftfieldDined on 9/12/2014The food here is simply fabulous - delicious, inventive and perfectly synced. It is always interesting to go and see what Chef Marc Connell is cooking up new. While small plates preside, larger plates are available for the men who need more to eat. You can also buy a bottle in the wine shop and drink it for a small corkage fee. I've never been disappointed here. It's my favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise !DadaDined on 9/12/2014We have become used to being disappointed at most of the newer restaurants in Santa Fe, however, Arroyo Vino surprised us with eclectic menu and excellent wine list. The service was really a treat especially for Santa Fe. Great job ! We will definitely be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDalpasDined on 9/9/2014Intimate upscale restaurant, with fine freshly made food and attentive service. All around a top notch restaurant. Tricky to find, but worth the effort . For lots of locals it's their go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Always greatcocoa11VIPDined on 9/9/2014What makes a good restaurant is good food every time. Arroyo Vino never disappoints.Special Features:
- A long haulLuvveroVIPDined on 9/6/2014Quite a trip from downtown Santa Fe, especially after, so many choices for wineSpecial Features:
- Perfect dinner settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Wonderful and attentive staff; creative, inventive and high quality food. Beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Never disappoints and always surprises. Loved the Misty Point oysters on the half shell....and the pappardrelle!Special Features:
- Great Wine & Dine SpotGregNealVIPDined on 8/29/2014The views from this new restaurant outside Santa Fe are breathtaking with sunsets you don't find anywhere else! The wine shop attached to the restaurant has an amazing selection. You only pay $20 over retail to cork it with your dinner which is quite a bargain. The menu isn't expansive, but you won't be disappointed with the selection especially the small plates.Special Features:
- New findCheetaDined on 8/28/2014several friends had recommended Arroyo Vino so we were anxious to try it. We were not disappointed. Everything was great. We will recommend it to others.Special Features:
- great food but not the placesocdocDined on 8/23/2014Small plates done very well. The food was slow, the service surly or non existent. Our waiter was more interested in chatting a woman at the bar than taking care of his customers. It was very noisy. The atmosphere was precious, and i dont mean that as a compliment.
- Second TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014This is a great place for a pre-Opera dinner. Perfect ambiance; knowledgeable wait staff; excellent wine and advice about wines. This is the second year in a row that we have gone here prior to the opera in Santa Fe and it has never disappointed. I would recommend the wine store and restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoldenDined on 8/22/2014Food was amazing. Definitely, a find. Wine store is a treat!Special Features:
- Fav restaurantmamacitaDined on 8/22/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. The menu is changed frequently, great service, extensive wine list. The chef is inventive and our guests always rave about the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and great wineLynnDined on 8/22/2014Arroyo Vino is on my short list of restaurants to which to go repeatedly in Santa Fe. The menu changes, but is always inventive, and the food is exquisitely prepared. My party split a burrata appetizer with some delicious bread and oils (olive and pumpkin), two fish dishes (skate and grouper), and an arugula agnolotti served with heirloom tomatoes and pickled fennel, followed by dessert of a dark chocolate shell filled with caramel ice cream surrounded by coffee marshmallows, which shell melted when the server poured pistachio soup over it. The whole experience could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat, perfect in every waySandSinLADined on 8/21/2014Arroyo Vino gets better every time we're there, and they started at a high bar! Their chefs put out seasonal, creative, beautiful, and delicious plates. The wine list is superb and bottles / glasses are reasonably priced. The service is professional and friendly. And, the relatively new outdoor patio offers gorgeous sunsets in a relaxed but elegant setting. Not to be missed when in Santa Fe... we can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Simply outstanding!SantaFeRobDined on 8/21/2014This was our first visit, but won't be our last! Our server, Arthur, was great. Funny, personable, and not afraid to give real recommendations. I had the spring rolls, greens salad, and grouper. It sounds simple, but was extraordinary. All the servings were perfectly proportional. The flavors were fantastic, all fresh, all complimented each other perfectly. I really wanted to lick the bowl that the grouper was served in, but no. My husband had the Vietnamese noodles, potato salad and chicken. It sounds basic, but they were amazing. The potato salad was deconstructed, and the chicken prepared sous-vide. The chocolate ball with pistachios is highly recommended and we were even comped these small lemon balls that melt in your mouth, literally.Special Features:
- Beyond ExcellentfoodcriticDined on 8/19/2014Was in Santa Fe recently - a Great Restaurant city - this restaurant was the absolute best. Started with an Heirloom Tomato salad - excellent Spring Rolls - another great app Oysters Stripe Bass Skirt Steak Each dish was better than the last............. Service by Whitney was sensational Dessert - a Wonderful Peach Souffle and Unusual TrufflesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningMimiVIPDined on 8/16/2014Delicious and very interesting menu. Caring service. All around great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and WinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2014All of us enjoyed every dish set down at our table and there were a lot of them! The Trefethen white wine is lovely for summer. Thank you for continuing to keep your menus fresh and interesting so we can visit often!Special Features:
- Fabulous!PickypickyDined on 8/15/2014Every time we visit Santa Fe we look for new places to dine to add to our list of favorites, well Arroyo Vino just went to the top of the list! Granted it was a little tricky to find [the gps gave all wrong info] & we were a little cranky when we finally got there, we were immediately soothed by the nice wait staff & as soon as the first course arrived we were thrilled we had tracked them down. We had the duck pate & also the chanterelle mushrooms to start, absolutely delicious,one of us had the duck, another had the lamb & I had the 'chicken& biscuits'we shared tastes & everything was superb, there was not a false note . The wait staff was friendly & helpful. We spent the next day tellina\g all we ran into what a great meal we had!Special Features:
- Food was fab but....SFnewbieDined on 8/14/2014A friend and I were at Arroyo Vino on a day that they were having a wine special. The food as usual was spectacular. The service was not. As an example, in the middle of taking our drink order, our server walked away in response to a request from the 10 folks doing the wine tasting. I am really hoping we were not treated shabbily because we were "just women". It put a decided crimp in our enjoyment and was followed by other oversights and lacks of attention. Really a shame since this is generally such a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying eveningJalynn50Dined on 8/13/2014Initial problems catching the waiter's attention were quickly rectified. Quickly, bread and oils arrived as focaccia-style slices: two greenish Italian oils and a Hungarian pumpkin oil, dark and nutty. The Farm Salad of fresh leaves was dressed lightly and the composed salad/appetizer of thin slices of fingerling potatoes, tiny fresh artichoke hearts, dots of tomato essence and invigoratingly salty kalamata olive paste rung all foodie bells. Crusty halibut rested atop fresh corn kernels that had chanterelle and pancetta bits for seasoning, while the large plate of lamb included meatballs and wonderful soba noodle cakes. Summer sparklers and roses did not pique our interest, but an exceptional Mersault from Kermit Lynch did the trick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discerning DinerDiscerningDinerDined on 8/13/2014My favorite neighborhood restaurant. Some plates are a little skimpy, but everything is delish. Service is friendly, and well timed. Some of their best dishes are the pork chop, all the salads and the pork belly. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreeSpiritDined on 8/12/2014Great find. Terrific menu (small plates). Wine shop attached where you can purchase wine for dinner if your favorite isn't on there list. Dine outside on the patio if at all possible although the inside and bar area look appealing. Note: do not use google maps but rather call first for directions. A bit of a drive out of central Santa Fe but well worth the journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food - more waiters neededOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014We love love love this restaurant. In fact, we are going back Saturday night. The wait staff is world class - best in Santa Fe. Lamb Paparadelle amazing. Cod balls were fabulous. Halibut was perfectly prepped and great dinner size. I think our table of 6 ordered every appetizer except the bread and oils!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.