253 Riverside Avenue
Winthrop, WA 98862Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arrowleafbistro.com/
- Phone: 5099963919x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jon Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Arrowleaf Bistro takes catering literally and prefers to build each event menu specifically for each event. Buffet style or plated, in town or off the grid, we work with you to create the event that you want.
A word from Arrowleaf Bistro
Located in the beautiful Methow Valley, the Arrowleaf Bistro combines the rugged with the refined. Local and foraged ingredients mingle with thoughtfully sourced products from around the Northwest. Quality is the foundation for the creative dishes that feature pure, fresh flavors. Complimenting the dinner menu is a Washington focused wine list and cocktail menu stocked with Northwest boutique and top shelf spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Arrowleaf Bistro - Best Restaurants in Winthrop ›
Arrowleaf Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (29)special occasion (29)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (12)scenic view (10)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Very pleasantly surprised by such great food in a small town. Very French-like dishes cooked to perfection. Servers were friendly, knowledgeable and polite.Special Features:
- A Gem in the MethowbdksDined on 10/17/2014The Arrowleaf Bistro is a charming restaurant, provide fine dining in a casual atmosphere serving locally sourced foods, prepared with imagination and skill. How delightful to have such a gem of a restaurant in the little town of Winthrop.Special Features:
- Arrowleaf Bistro is our favdavisDined on 10/12/2014Fine food and drink, with the warmth of your neighbor's home.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem of the MethowoldercootsDined on 10/9/2014This was a great find! The service was outstanding. Food and wine selection too! All the staff, from server to chef were great! We will be back!Special Features:
- A Very Special PlacePullmanCougarDined on 10/4/2014Once again we travelled to the Methow Valley and had a special dinner at Arrowleaf Bistro. This restaurant is one of the reasons we visit each summer. We love the local and Pacific NW theme for the cuisine. This was our first fall visit and the menu was a bit different, but just as wonderful as the summer dishes. Joanne and Dawn provide a wonderful warm relaxed atmosphere and we truly enjoyed our meal and the experience. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, great service. Definite stop for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and serviceHikeanddineDined on 9/24/2014The menu contained a good number of choices including a few gluten free and vegetarian choices (though limited). The staf were friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Better than last timeCastoritaDined on 9/13/2014I had duck breast with peaches on a parsnip purée which was a really nice combination. Hubby had bison meatloaf with a huckleberry 'catsup,' another nice combination. They try to use local ingredients and the is something on the menu for every taste.Special Features:
- willowbrookDined on 9/12/2014Great food, nice ambiance, good use of local produce. We have eaten here many times and never been disappointed in the food. Probably the best restaurant in the Methow Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant - for vegans, too!veganfoodieDined on 9/11/2014was very pleased to find a quinoa entree on the menu - as delicious as i've ever enjoyed in a restaurant, wild mushrooms and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals recommend this gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014One of the best restaurants in Winthrop, recommended to us by a local for a nice dinner. Reservations got us seated promptly. The house salad had an extra ordinary cumin vinaigrette dressing, which I really liked. For the main course, I had the Son of Butcher (The S.O.B.) special, which was a New Your Steak, and it was one of the best New York's I've ever had. My friend had the Steak Frites, and it was great. The Arrowleaf Bistro is a converted house, which makes it intimate and romantic. We ate inside at a table-for-two next to window overlooking the front lawn, garden, and main street. Service by Jared was top notch. The Arrowleaf Bistro will be at the top of my list when I next return to Winthrop. [I also posted this review on Yelp.]Special Features:
- Great service and amazing food!fortheloveoffoodDined on 8/31/2014There is a reason that a reservation is recommended....the food at Arrowleaf Bistro is amazing...delicious! The Pork Belly melted in my mouth. Everyone my table had their fork in my plate!Special Features:
- Best Food in WinthropKSSAILSDined on 8/29/2014The food at Arrowleaf Bistro is absolutely fantastic. I was a confirmed "poultry-only" eater for decades -- until I tried the meat at Arrowleaf. These people know how to cook beef and pork! Hands down, this is the best food in Winthrop. The side dishes and vegetarian dishes are great too.Special Features:
- Friendly and attentive waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My wife ordered steak&fries. Cooked about perfect, but not as tender as you'd like. I had the beef brisket with chunked grilled veges. It was more than I could finish. I'd rate it fair as it was not overly tender and over salted - as was the wine sauce. I had indigestion all evening - something I only get when eating out - and rarely at that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrowleaf BistrowinthroplocalDined on 8/16/2014Best fine dining in Okanogan County-- bar none! We made reservations thru OpenTable website. Very popular place and appears that reservations should be made in advance.Special Features:
- Very pleasant findsunnygirlDined on 8/15/2014Had dinner. Was first placed on the main dining room which is small and was a little to loud with the foursome next to us. Asked to change and placed on the back deck overlooking the river which was great. The menu was quite varied. Had a heirloom tomato salad the was excellent. Followed by the SOB steak which was presented nicely and delicious and then the smore dessert with house made marshmallow. Very good Enjoyed it very much and will go again next time we are in winthropSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very finekiannpepperDined on 8/8/2014The food is delicious, thoughtfully prepared, lots of great flavors using local freshness from the farms around the valley. Excellent wine list. perfect desserts. The best gourmet spot in the Methow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!FoodLoveyDined on 8/8/2014We had an excellent dinner at the Bistro, as always. Food is consistently good, fresh, local and prepared incredibly well. We started our meal with the generous portion of stuffed dates and caesar salads. I had braised beef, which was fork tender, deep, rich flavors and included onions and a variety of mushrooms. My husband had halibut which the chef pan sauteed and was cooked perfectly. The fries that came with it.....words can't describe because they were so good. We finished our meal with a chocolate cherry tart that was delicious. Smooth and chocolatey, it was getting raves from fellow diners. We always look for a reason to come to Winthrop, just so we can have dinner at the Bistro. Thanks John & Joanne for never disappointing!!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Winthrop!glcamanoDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious! My husband had the rib-eye special and I had the chicken. They were both well prepared, interesting dishes, with tasty local vegetables. The beet salad was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arrowleaf bistrosuemDined on 7/27/2014this restaurant never disappoints. sat outside by the river, and had the duck. could have had more veggies with the meal. great bread from the bakery next door. portions generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulousfoodie4lifeDined on 7/16/2014Took my husband here for dinner while vacationing in the area. One of the best meals we have ever had. Food was fantastic, wine list was great, service was perfect. A great little spot!Special Features:
- A great dinner in a small townmarthatravelsDined on 7/9/2014Loved the ambience and the food and wine were excellent as well. But just as important, we had excellent service. Don't miss this gem when in Winthrop.Special Features:
- foodie from Seattle loved itEricDined on 7/5/2014Best dinner I have had in years. Appetizers were bacon wrapped dates stuffed with Blue cheese and drizzled with balsamic, pork belly and fruit chutney bruscetta, beet and goat cheese green salad with greens from back garden, Wild Chinook Salmon with fingling potatos and root vegetables and I had venison loin. Truly a magical night, seriously. Overlooking the Methow river, fly fisherman on their back deck.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Lovely outdoor setting on the river. excelling food and good service a place to return toSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant far and awayHenryDined on 6/29/2014This is not only the best restaurant for 100 miles around, it is the best restaurant outside of Seattle, and it compares favorably even then. Large portions of perfectly prepared dishes. A large portion of sautéed duck breast could not have been better. Steak frites again just what we hope for and often don't get: cooked "rare, medium rare," a phrase I had never heard but which is exactly right. Local ingredients and organic when possible. Gracious service, locally owned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PullmanCougarDined on 6/26/2014We have been coming to the Methow Valley for many years during June/July, and always make plans to have dinner at the Arrowleaf Bistro. The food is great, and sometimes a little different which is nice. I don't know if we go back because of the great food, or the great staff, but we always go back. We have a wonderful time and enjoy a leisurely dinner. This year we made reservations for two nights, as we knew we would find things we enjoy for dinner. We were very pleased by the Hawaiian Swordfish special this year. It was wonderful. I almost had it again the second night, but we had the Steak and Frites and SOB instead. We were not disappointed. The appetizers are unique, bacon wrapped dates, and the radishes were especially good.Special Features:
- Truly extraordinaryAndyDined on 6/25/2014While in Winthrop for our 13 year anniversary, my wife and I dined at the Aerospace as the menu was impressively ranged for such a small town. We were astonished at the reality. Our server was attentive, interested and actually enthusiastic about their offerings. The food presentation was beautiful, artistic and unexpectedly creative. The actual taste astonished me. I declare that their special that night of rabbit was my best restaurant meal of the year thus far. While the menu is pricier than other dining spots in the area, the taste, quality and magnificence of their meals stands head and shoulders over anyone within hundreds of miles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Arrowleaf Bistro reviews archive.
- Lucky us!shallotsDined on 6/18/2014We don't have to travel to a big city or Europe to enjoy fine food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrowleaf BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Don't be deceived by its humble street appearance. We sat outside watching the river flow by and ate the most delicious trout and bison burgers. They carried local beers which were very good. Our waiter was professional and helpful. I would go back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- ArrowLeaf PotentialLocal51Dined on 6/8/2014Best in the town (but isn't much to pick from except burgers & mexican). Especially nice scenic view "if" weather is nice enough to sit outside. Friendly and good service. Food was good - but expensive and VERY small portions! A chicken dish is $27! Stuffed date appetizer is awesome - but again EXTREMELY small! I would them recommend more, and go there definitely A LOT more, "if" they had more reasonably priced appetizers and entrees. I wish they had a GREAT happy hour (i.e. yummy reasonably priced appetizers with decent sized portions) as there deck would make an awesome outdoor happy hour spot, but alas, people end up going to the Winthrop SchoolHouse Brewery due to expensive pricing.Special Features:
- A night at the ArrowleafSandLFoodiesDined on 6/6/2014We dined on Friday June 6th at the Arrowleaf Bistro. The food and dining experience were excellent and we'd highly recommend spending an evening there if your traveling through the Winthrop Washington area. From starter to entree, the preparations were imaginative and well done. They focus on locally sourced food and this was found throughout the menu. The staff was attentive and exceptionally friendly, which we found complemented the cuisine. Its a true gem in North Central Washington; don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-race dinnerBackpackerGirlDined on 6/6/2014I was in town to run a race and decided to try out Arrowleaf based on the great reviews. I was hoping to get some fish but scallops were the seafood option and I decided to pass on that. I had the house salad and the homemade tagliatelle. The pasta was wonderful and I had some very good local Syrah. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant to others for great ingredients and interesting dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Frequented RestaurantNettieDined on 6/4/2014When I am in Winthrop, I always dine at Arrowleaf Bistro. I sometimes go twice during our stay in Winthrop! The food is always very good. The owners and staff are extremely friendly.Special Features:
- DisappointingBellaDined on 6/4/2014We had eaten here previously and I was looking foward to a return visit. Unfortunately, my meal was served lukewarm to almost air temperature after a long wait. Chicken Marakesh seemed overcooked , skin black, mini vege mushy instead of crisp, the quinoa had no flavor. It may have been enhanced by the tazaki ?? sauce but it was almost non -existent.Yogurt must be the new caviar.Our waitress was occupied with other tables and not on the patio very frequently. It was early in the season, the restaurant was not very busy so it was difficult to understand the mediocre food and service experience. Dining on the outdoor patio was very nice, overlooking the rivers! Recommend a jacket, as it can be windy or get colder as the sun goes down.Special Features:
- Extreme high prices with out valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014The appetizers and salads were way overpriced and the quality and value doesn't match up. The entrees were equally expensive beyond reason. $16- for two fresh rice wrapped spring rolls is outrageous. This place takes advantage of small town tourist.Special Features:
- The best food in the valley!LaflamablancaDined on 5/24/2014Without a doubt the best food on the east side. We drive 200 plus miles at least once a month to experience the local fresh ingredients Chef Jon Brown can masterfully prepare to perfection. I had the S.O.B. steak which was cooked perfectly rare and topped with amazing homemade onion rings along with a house prepared sauce. To say the least, this steak would be worth the drive from the west side by itself! My Lover had the pork chop, which was also cooked perfectly, and complimented with a sweet potato and brussel sprout hash that was diced by hand and was so good it would make a person who hates brussel sprouts be a part of the clean plate club. We finished with a Napoleon desert made by Chef Joanne that will make you want to make babies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceFoodie65Dined on 5/4/2014I am a local and love this restaurant. The service is friendly yet professional. There is no pressure to hurry and the dishes are described with knowledgeable detail. I often order the SOB steak. It is always cooked to perfection and presented in a number of creative ways. Jon, the chef, uses local meat and veggies when possible, only the freshest ingredients. Don't miss this gem. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- always greatJamesDined on 5/1/2014We love the Arrow leaf and always go on occasions, holidays and when family and friends are in town visiting or when we just want a great meal.Special Features:
- Small town gemlocalcoupleDined on 4/22/2014This is a must visit when traveling through the Methow Valley. Great food using local products and presented exceptionally well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful choices, delicious foodSueKVIPDined on 4/17/2014We always enjoy our dinners at Arrowleaf Bistro. They have a wonderful selection of delicious foods. The service is friendly and attentive. The portions are generous and although the prices are a bit high it is a good value. We will continue to look forward to our meals there.Special Features: