25 South Regent St.
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arrostorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9149397200x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 3 pm - 9 pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday-Saturday: 5 pm - 11 pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 5 pm - 7 pm featuring Margherita pizzas for $6, 1/2 price draft beer, bottled beer selections and wine by the glass at the Arrosto bar.
Happy Hour Bar Bites: Tuesday, 1/2 price pizzas, Wednesday, $1 Oysters, Thursday, $5 Sausage & Peppers Sandwiches, Friday, $5 Lamb Sliders
Sunday, Happy Hour from 3 pm to 5 pm featuring Marghertita pizza for $6, 1/2 price draft beer, bottled beer selections and wine by the glass at the Arrosto Bar.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can provide off-site catering for family gatherings/parties, corporate events and special events.
- Special Events: Please contact Ron Brown via E-mail @ email@example.com to inquire about Private Dining Events and Off-Site Catering. We can also be reached by phone at 914-939-7200.
A word from Arrosto
Arrosto features the best farm-to-table ingredients and products creating fresh tastes and flavors. Grilled meats and seafood; house-made pastas; Neapolitan wood fired pizzas, and house made desserts can be enjoyed Share Style or as individual plates.Continued
"Arrosto is a fresh and wonderful dining production." - New York Times
Be Social. Eat Well.
"Arrosto is a fresh and wonderful dining production." - New York Times
Be Social. Eat Well.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arrosto reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (9)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Disappointingly InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We've been here several times since it opened. Italian is a great "go to" cuisine, Arrosto is around the corner from us and the decor is great. We wish we could say we love the place. But the service and food has been inconsistent-sadly more often bad than good. This time, there was too much dressing on otherwise tasty salads. We asked the busgirl to have them replaced with salads with less dressing. After too long a delay we called the waiter over-he said the bus girl didn't speak English so didn't understand the request and told him we just didn't like the salad. A good waiter would have come by the table as soon as he heard that to check on us. The pizza crust was soggy and the price for food is much too high for the quality.Special Features:
- Italian gem ....misscrabtreeDined on 9/6/2014Warm and friendly greeting upon our arrival; very attentive, and professional staff; casual and relaxed, but definitely a step above your typical Italian restaurant; husband raved about pappardelle with lamb ragu; Margherita pizza was excellent; very nice wine selection; and a warm peach cobbler with just the right amount of crumble and a scoop of vanilla gelato (yum!). Will definitely be back with friends and try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service/food-not as good as hopedSophieDDined on 8/23/2014we had higher expectations, restaurant seemed crowded when we drove by in the past - it was EMPTY on a Sat night @ 7 pm, & the waiter couldn't get my simple order correct!Special Features:
- Consistently greatNB18Dined on 8/16/2014Arrosto has never disappointed us over the years -- great food, ambience, bar, & service. Count on it for an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Service disappointingLindaDined on 7/25/2014Confusion as to who had our table. 15 minutes before anyone came to our table, only after we asked could we see our waiter. Didn't come to table when food was presented to ask if we needed anything i.e, pepper, cheese. Management/hostess should had made clear at time of sitting who was responsible for out table. Food was absolutely delicious. Out compliments to the chef. When service is bad its ruins the whole dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like my Sunday at grandma's !RestaurantexplorersDined on 7/20/2014So disappointing in all ways ! Tried this restaurant based on website. Service was disinterested and sluggish..Food was mediocre at best. Atmosphere non existent. Obviously not planning on returning.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceYumYumDined on 7/19/20143 owners at least over the years and have me very gotten a bad meal here. Started with their brick oven pizza and some fried calamari. Both fantastic. I had the gnocchi with a mushroom sauce. Excellent. Surprised we were able to get reservations sAme day on a Saturday night. Big place. Not full yet service was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 7/17/2014Arrosto was very disappointing. Menu is limited with few choices of entrees. We were never given a wine list or asked if we wanted to order wine with our dinner. We were a party of 6. 5 entrees came out, the sixth (mine) was forgotten. I told the waiter, he apologized. Apparently the order was never given to the kitchen. Waited at least 10-15 minutes while the rest of the party ate their dinner, then the wrong entree was brought to me! I told the waiter what I ordered. He finally got it right. Of course everyone else in the party had finished before I even was served my dinner. The waiter did not charge me for my dinner.Special Features:
- SandyDined on 7/17/2014The staff was great. They were VERY friendly and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall choicejaamstewVIPDined on 7/13/2014We picked Arrosto for my husbands birthday because it has nice menu choices. We did not want fussy, we wanted good Italian food. We have been there many times and usually excellent. Last night however was a bit of an off might. I'm thinking maybe it was a shift change or new wait staff. They were not on their game!!however, I will go again as we like the atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2014Food was incredible and service was fantastic. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Super terrific!FoodiewexpVIPDined on 7/2/2014Italian owned and operated Arrosta is my go to place for Italian food. From pasta, to pizza to fresh grilled fish and meats- it is very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyTastyDined on 6/21/2014We come here often. Pizzas are always good. Bartender friendly and skilled at making drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outFoodloverDined on 6/12/2014Beautiful decor, amazing food but server was distant from the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very goodRonniTVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have eaten here 10 times or so over the years and have enjoyed every meal. They do nice twists on standards and offer something for everyone. The wine list could use some work in the selection of value wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014We had dinner at Arrosto with our 3 kids ages 14, 12 and 7 Saturday night and were seated at a table next to the waiter station where they had to enter meals on the computer. The waiters were constantly knocking into my daughter's chair. My husband asked the hostess to move us and she was very rude and told him there was nothing else at that time. There were 5 other tables she could have moved us to in that area and Two other tables remained open the entire time. The food and service were ok but I would not have dinner there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CacophonyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014The noise level Saturday night was beyond anything reasonable. It was impossible to even hear across our own table and it was actually a relief to step outside. This has not been the case on our previous visits. Although the food is consistently good, the overall experience this time was enough to keep us away.
- The following 613 reviews are from the Arrosto reviews archive.
- Ok-rarleyreviewDined on 5/17/2014Service was a little slow and your fish comes solo on a your plate as sides are separate and additional
- Loveless EveningRoRoVIPDined on 5/11/2014We chose Arrosto for an early Mother's Day dinner because the food is always wonderful. We loved every savory mouthful from the Arancini and pizzette appetizers to our incredibly delicious entrees. Our only problem was the noise level and type of music being played on a Sunday afternoon in an Italian restaurant: hard rock was not what we expected. We asked our waiter if he could do something about it. The volume was lowered but the music continued and did not lend itself to the ambience Arrosto creates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but slow serviceRyeBredDined on 5/10/2014We've been here several times and had spotty service on more than one occasion. It wasn't even full on Saturday night, and the service still took forever.Special Features:
- Good food, unhappy waiterRye20FoodieVIPDined on 5/9/2014We are fans of the pretty dining room and atmosphere. On Friday, the restaurant was not as crowded as it usually is... so we were taken back to have a cranky waiter who seemed put out by our desire to order wine and food. The restaurant is usually much better. The food was delicious- spring pizza, veal, pastas. but the ornery service really diminished the night. Plus we had to wait forever for the check, so we were all desperate to escape by the time we left. Disappointing.
- Lamb Ragu is Great!RVBethelDined on 5/9/2014Be sure to try the Fresh Antipasto and Polenta Fries...Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSummertimeDined on 5/3/2014We always enjoy coming to Arrosto. The bartenders and staff are welcoming and they make every effort to make sure you have a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently High Quality FoodClemenzaVIPDined on 4/29/2014Got off to a bad start with no one attending to us for a good 15 minutes after we arrived. I finally asked the hostess who our waiter was and could she send him/her to our table. She apologized and the rest of the evening was smooth sailing, including a complemented after dinner lemoncello. My Halibut was superb served with an earthy, caper and pepper ladened Livornese sauce. This was all preceded by a Malfadine pasta done to al dente perfection in a homemade sausage and broccoli rabe white sauce. The Amarone that accompanied it all was indeed the perfect companion wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/27/2014Arrosto is a great Rstr with plenty of parking. Good food, great atmosphere and reasonable. Good for Family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/25/2014It was our first time here, and definitely not our last time.Special Features:
- Easter at ArrostoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We had a delightful time -- the kids enjoyed it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise Level UnbearableMarcoDined on 4/19/2014In the future, we will not go here on weekends. There is absolutely no sound absorption material, so everyone has to shout to be heard. The only person you can really speak with must be seated right not to you. Just not a pleasant experience. Service is also spotty.
- Great italian food with a twistSarahEatsDined on 4/18/2014We go there for special occasions and love it. We are never disappointed. The Paparadelle with Lamb Ragu is amazing. Very rich, but so tasty. Great bread, great service and a very cool ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Anniversary!Its12somewhereDined on 4/18/2014My husband and I celebrated our 11th anniversary here at Arrosto. This is the 3rd year in a row we have chosen this restaurant, it's that great. Can't wait for next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Attention to Detail!LauraDined on 4/12/2014We dined Saturday night with 2 other couples. Our reservation was for 7PM, the host allowed us to indulge in a drink at the bar and then moved us to our seat. We had a great round banquet booth that accomodated us all and was private and gave us all the opportunity to see one another which was enjoyable. Everyone was engaged in coversation the entire night. The appetizers and entrees were incredible. We love Freebird Chicken and were so excited to see that you have it on your menu. Service was outstanding. Lots of attention to detail. We had a great time and the prices are extremely reasonable. A great night out. Would recommend and plan on returning again very soon.Special Features:
- At the CapitolLoriDined on 4/12/2014We were going to see a show at the Capitol and let our waiter know this upon sitting down for dinner. The service was faster than expected and his advice on ordering was spot on. We ordered many apps and pizzas. The wine was great and somewhat affordable. Great choice two weekends in a row!Special Features:
- limited menuDeirdraDined on 4/11/2014They have really good pizza however the remaining menu could be a little more varied. They have one chicken dish and a steak. My friend doesn't eat fish, veal or seafood. So pasta was the only option. Maybe eggplant or chicken parm could be added to menu.Special Features:
- Hot and coldBillDined on 3/29/2014It's not cheap by any stretch but worth the price. The service can range from excellent to lackluster at times. I have been there several times over the past few years and enjoyed my visits. When the restaurant is busy, the service can suffer. One tip: do not go to the bar. The bartenders are not good people. Last time I Was there, the bartender assumed a $4 tip of my bill. My bill was $16 which I paid for with a $20. The bartender made change and proceeded to deposit the $4 difference into his tip jar. Had I not been rushing to get to my table, I would have made an effort to have a conversation with him on how that practice might come back to haunt him. Save your money, order drinks from your waiter at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrosto is a nice restaurant,MAREMOTODined on 3/29/2014Arrosto is a nice restaurant, food and service are good.
- Excellent specials to supplementOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/26/2014Excellent specials to supplement the menus. Server was knowledgeable and answered questions regarding preparation as well as providing suggestions. Manager/owner-manager (?) who was walking the floor saw us "searching for someone" and immediately came over to assist....attentive and personable. Everyone should depart this restaurant "quite more than satisfied!".Special Features:
- Group party in bar was loudBethDined on 3/13/2014While the food and service were good, the loud group in the bar area made it almost impossible to hold a conversation. The hostess said it was planned that way. The group was having a reception in the bar and then heading to a private room for dinner. We asked to be seated on the other side of the restaurant to be as far away from the noise as possible and were told that wasn't possible. It was left empty the whole night. We won't be back.
- Had a very enjoyable dinnerKBDWDined on 3/9/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner with friends. The menu makes it possible to go all out or enjoy a lighter bite. Liked the open kitchen for the grilling of meats and the making of pizzas. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerGardenweaselVIPDined on 3/8/2014Really enjoyed our first time here. From the friendly greeting at the door to our server, Marcello, (& all the waitstaff) service was perfect. I love a good bread basket, & Arrosto's included a variety. I never miss a chance to order grilled octopus when it's on a menu & this generous version was great! The pasta with sausage & broccoli rabe was a twist on a classic, & the shell steak rivaled any I've had before. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fun Time!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014We were in for my wife's birthday and had a great time. There was a small wait at the bar which on a busy Saturday is to be expected. Then we were seated in the private room. I'm. It sure if that was on purpose or because you were full. In either case it worked out wonderfully. The noise level was much lower and the space let us all be conversant and relaxed. The service was also very good. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.