25 South Regent St.
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arrostorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (914) 939-7200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 3 pm - 9 pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday-Saturday: 5 pm - 11 pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 5 pm - 7 pm featuring Margherita pizzas for $6, 1/2 price draft beer, bottled beer selections and wine by the glass at the Arrosto bar.
Happy Hour Bar Bites: Tuesday, 1/2 price pizzas, Wednesday, $1 Oysters, Thursday, $5 Sausage & Peppers Sandwiches, Friday, $5 Lamb Sliders
Sunday, Happy Hour from 3 pm to 5 pm featuring Marghertita pizza for $6, 1/2 price draft beer, bottled beer selections and wine by the glass at the Arrosto Bar.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can provide off-site catering for family gatherings/parties, corporate events and special events.
- Special Events: Please contact Ron Brown via E-mail @ email@example.com to inquire about Private Dining Events and Off-Site Catering. We can also be reached by phone at 914-939-7200.
A word from Arrosto
Arrosto features the best farm-to-table ingredients and products creating fresh tastes and flavors. Grilled meats and seafood; house-made pastas; Neapolitan wood fired pizzas, and house made desserts can be enjoyed Share Style or as individual plates.Continued
"Arrosto is a fresh and wonderful dining production." - New York Times
Be Social. Eat Well.
"Arrosto is a fresh and wonderful dining production." - New York Times
Be Social. Eat Well.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arrosto reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (13)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- A Port Chester GemthemanDined on 11/9/2014Arrosto's is a PC Gem, convenient to get to and plenty of parking which can be an issue at other Rstr's in PC. Food is great, service terrific and not too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArrostoSerafinaDined on 11/7/2014I love this place but wasn't happy that they took some of my favs off the menu. Still the nutella bunda dessert alone makes it worth it every time!Special Features:
- Great pizza plus good foodBarrybacaVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food and service were great but noise level distracting and difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not Great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Very good atmosphere, with a pretty diverse menu. The food was good for the most part (very good calamari), but portion size was small. Also, the waiting staff was very impersonal and maybe made all of 3 trips to the table: to take drink order, to take food order, and deliver the check. For a place that demands a relatively high price for their food/service, I just expected more from the experience...Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsluvtoeat6Dined on 11/1/2014We had dinner there on Saturday night, and it was a very good choice. We started with a margherita pizza as an appetizer, which was just delicious. Two of us had Veal chops, I had shrimp scampi and my friend had a pasta primavera. We had coffee and gelato for dessert to end our meal. Everything was just right. The service was the best, the staff was the friendliest and we will return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014liked the food, but it was too noisy. Also, when I arrived at the restaruant they DID NOT have my open table reservation. Something was not right. They did seat us, but I had to show them my phone in order to get a decent table. They wanted to seat us at a bar table. Not happy about that. My husband's meal came out 10 minutes after everyone else was served.
- Pricey wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014My husband asked for a glass of pinot Grigio, presumably the house wine. And ordered a second glass. When the bill came, we saw it was $12 per glass. Didn't check the list, but seems steep to me. Calamari so- so. Liked the salmon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantly surprised!nateDined on 10/25/2014Tables are spaced well so too had energy but not so tight that it's too loud and squished. Reasonably priced and very big portions. An entree could be easily split. Fun place to come with crowd and share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good againSerafinaDined on 10/24/2014Rarely am I disappointed at Arrosto. This time was no exceptionSpecial Features:
- could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Our party consisted of 5 people celebrating a birthday. Four of us really enjoyed out meals but the one who ordered beef was disappointed because the meat was tough. It looked beautiful but contained a lot of gristle -- I must add that the waiter did not charge us which was nice. We also found we had to search for people to bring items which should have been provided, e.g., requested milk for tea, bread, etc. The waiter was never available or visible.
- Excellent!!Halloweenbabie1031Dined on 10/18/2014The food was outstanding. I had the Octopus appetizer and the pancetta pizza. They were excellent. The combination of flavors on the pizza was so flavorful. Chicken Scarpiello was one of the best I ever had. Very tender. My girlfriend had the Osso Bucco which was very good and fork tender. I will definitely be back. Great service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, way too slowFinerDinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Always enjoy their food, esp. the pizza. Went there with kids recently and it took 90 minutes to be served our main courses. And, it wasn't packed at the time Frustrating and disappointing.
- Slipped?mvlightVIPDined on 10/11/2014Not as good as it has been in the past. Linguini with clam sauce tasted like canned clams & too much garlic. Rigatoni with trumpet mushrooms and cauliflower lost a little in the execution. Polenta fries are still good.Special Features:
- Arrostofoodie11Dined on 10/4/2014Great place for groups, food was very very good, and the pizza was amazing! I would definately recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantSaluteDined on 9/23/2014Good food, nice atmosphere, casual enough but still felt good for a business dinner.
- good food Great serviceChuckc29Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was very nice. it was very clean and the staff was excellent. The food was very good.Special Features:
- DRD41VIPDined on 9/9/2014We were pleased as usual with Arrosto - the 5-7 Happy Hour specials are especially attractive. For the visit we were accompanied by relatives who were pleased by the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingly InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We've been here several times since it opened. Italian is a great "go to" cuisine, Arrosto is around the corner from us and the decor is great. We wish we could say we love the place. But the service and food has been inconsistent-sadly more often bad than good. This time, there was too much dressing on otherwise tasty salads. We asked the busgirl to have them replaced with salads with less dressing. After too long a delay we called the waiter over-he said the bus girl didn't speak English so didn't understand the request and told him we just didn't like the salad. A good waiter would have come by the table as soon as he heard that to check on us. The pizza crust was soggy and the price for food is much too high for the quality.Special Features:
- Italian gem ....misscrabtreeDined on 9/6/2014Warm and friendly greeting upon our arrival; very attentive, and professional staff; casual and relaxed, but definitely a step above your typical Italian restaurant; husband raved about pappardelle with lamb ragu; Margherita pizza was excellent; very nice wine selection; and a warm peach cobbler with just the right amount of crumble and a scoop of vanilla gelato (yum!). Will definitely be back with friends and try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service/food-not as good as hopedSophieDDined on 8/23/2014we had higher expectations, restaurant seemed crowded when we drove by in the past - it was EMPTY on a Sat night @ 7 pm, & the waiter couldn't get my simple order correct!Special Features:
- Consistently greatNB18Dined on 8/16/2014Arrosto has never disappointed us over the years -- great food, ambience, bar, & service. Count on it for an excellent experience.Special Features:
- The following 626 reviews are from the Arrosto reviews archive.
- Service disappointingLindaDined on 7/25/2014Confusion as to who had our table. 15 minutes before anyone came to our table, only after we asked could we see our waiter. Didn't come to table when food was presented to ask if we needed anything i.e, pepper, cheese. Management/hostess should had made clear at time of sitting who was responsible for out table. Food was absolutely delicious. Out compliments to the chef. When service is bad its ruins the whole dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like my Sunday at grandma's !RestaurantexplorersDined on 7/20/2014So disappointing in all ways ! Tried this restaurant based on website. Service was disinterested and sluggish..Food was mediocre at best. Atmosphere non existent. Obviously not planning on returning.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceYumYumDined on 7/19/20143 owners at least over the years and have me very gotten a bad meal here. Started with their brick oven pizza and some fried calamari. Both fantastic. I had the gnocchi with a mushroom sauce. Excellent. Surprised we were able to get reservations sAme day on a Saturday night. Big place. Not full yet service was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 7/17/2014Arrosto was very disappointing. Menu is limited with few choices of entrees. We were never given a wine list or asked if we wanted to order wine with our dinner. We were a party of 6. 5 entrees came out, the sixth (mine) was forgotten. I told the waiter, he apologized. Apparently the order was never given to the kitchen. Waited at least 10-15 minutes while the rest of the party ate their dinner, then the wrong entree was brought to me! I told the waiter what I ordered. He finally got it right. Of course everyone else in the party had finished before I even was served my dinner. The waiter did not charge me for my dinner.Special Features:
- SandyDined on 7/17/2014The staff was great. They were VERY friendly and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall choicejaamstewVIPDined on 7/13/2014We picked Arrosto for my husbands birthday because it has nice menu choices. We did not want fussy, we wanted good Italian food. We have been there many times and usually excellent. Last night however was a bit of an off might. I'm thinking maybe it was a shift change or new wait staff. They were not on their game!!however, I will go again as we like the atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2014Food was incredible and service was fantastic. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Super terrific!FoodiewexpVIPDined on 7/2/2014Italian owned and operated Arrosta is my go to place for Italian food. From pasta, to pizza to fresh grilled fish and meats- it is very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyTastyDined on 6/21/2014We come here often. Pizzas are always good. Bartender friendly and skilled at making drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outFoodloverDined on 6/12/2014Beautiful decor, amazing food but server was distant from the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very goodRonniTVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have eaten here 10 times or so over the years and have enjoyed every meal. They do nice twists on standards and offer something for everyone. The wine list could use some work in the selection of value wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014We had dinner at Arrosto with our 3 kids ages 14, 12 and 7 Saturday night and were seated at a table next to the waiter station where they had to enter meals on the computer. The waiters were constantly knocking into my daughter's chair. My husband asked the hostess to move us and she was very rude and told him there was nothing else at that time. There were 5 other tables she could have moved us to in that area and Two other tables remained open the entire time. The food and service were ok but I would not have dinner there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CacophonyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014The noise level Saturday night was beyond anything reasonable. It was impossible to even hear across our own table and it was actually a relief to step outside. This has not been the case on our previous visits. Although the food is consistently good, the overall experience this time was enough to keep us away.
- Ok-rarleyreviewDined on 5/17/2014Service was a little slow and your fish comes solo on a your plate as sides are separate and additional
- Loveless EveningRoRoVIPDined on 5/11/2014We chose Arrosto for an early Mother's Day dinner because the food is always wonderful. We loved every savory mouthful from the Arancini and pizzette appetizers to our incredibly delicious entrees. Our only problem was the noise level and type of music being played on a Sunday afternoon in an Italian restaurant: hard rock was not what we expected. We asked our waiter if he could do something about it. The volume was lowered but the music continued and did not lend itself to the ambience Arrosto creates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but slow serviceRyeBredDined on 5/10/2014We've been here several times and had spotty service on more than one occasion. It wasn't even full on Saturday night, and the service still took forever.Special Features:
- Good food, unhappy waiterRye20FoodieVIPDined on 5/9/2014We are fans of the pretty dining room and atmosphere. On Friday, the restaurant was not as crowded as it usually is... so we were taken back to have a cranky waiter who seemed put out by our desire to order wine and food. The restaurant is usually much better. The food was delicious- spring pizza, veal, pastas. but the ornery service really diminished the night. Plus we had to wait forever for the check, so we were all desperate to escape by the time we left. Disappointing.
- Lamb Ragu is Great!RVBethelDined on 5/9/2014Be sure to try the Fresh Antipasto and Polenta Fries...Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSummertimeDined on 5/3/2014We always enjoy coming to Arrosto. The bartenders and staff are welcoming and they make every effort to make sure you have a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.