4221 E. Chandler Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85048Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxsitalianfood.com/
- Phone: 4807599292
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Maximilliano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer on-site or off-site catering for all occasions in any price range.
- Entertainment: Arrivederci offer live music entertainment in the lounge every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening starting at 6:30pm. Enjoy an array of music styles from pop acoustic guitar and saxaphone to tradtional Spanish guitar.
A word from Arrivederci Trattoria
Located in the heart of Ahwatukee, Arrivederci Trattoria features Nouvelle Italian Cuisine and a wide array of wines from around the world. Enjoy a quiet dinner in the casual yet elegant dining room or treat yourself to Happy Hour in the modern yet cozy bar/lounge. The menu consists of healthy appetizers, traditional pasta dishes, classic chicken, veal, and seafood entrees, and a selection of mouthwatering desserts. You'll fall in love with the warm focaccia bread made fresh every day in our brick oven and you will keep coming back for the homemade mozzarella and the Chef's special Chocolate Tiramisu. Top off your evening with live music as you relax on the lounge couches with a glass of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arrivederci Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)romantic (9)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Pleasant for Romantic occasionsFoodies4LifeDined on 10/7/2014My wife and i celebrated (quietly) our wedding anniversary here, and really enjoyed the experience. An old-school classy Italian vibe yet not too stuffy ... very attentive service, great food and all for a fair price. We'll be back and bring friends.Special Features:
- Food was OK but overpricedJo73Dined on 9/14/2014The food was good but lacked a fresh homemade taste. My husband ordered the special which was way overpriced for what it was.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 9/6/2014The food was quite good, but the rest of the dining experience was not. I found the service relatively indifferent (servers couldn't get the correct entrée to each member of my party of four, table was not bussed promptly, long periods better visits from wait staff, had to ask for utensils) and the table was small, crowded and dimly lit. The table was situated next to an exterior door with a visible gap and, as this was Saturday evening, we got to enjoy some of the dust storm outside. Needless to say, with many superior offerings available, I won't be back.
- Delicious as AlwaysjlchDined on 8/23/2014The specials were scrumptious - a grouper with shrimp and wild rice, and a lamb osso buco. Love it!Special Features:
- awesomesauce!ChuxDined on 8/17/2014This was one of the best Italian dining experiences I've ever had. The Ambiance was excellent, the wait staff very friendly and personal. Brought my wife here for our 14 yr anniversary and I'm glad I did. Thanks guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!LoveEyeTalianVIPDined on 8/17/2014A quarterly staple in our eating-out line-up. We always look forward to visiting Arrivederci for their excellent food and service. Never a disappointment & always anxious for our next visit.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodwgdasuVIPDined on 8/1/2014We like to go to local restaurants rather than chains. AT is a vibrant local place with good Italian fare, a nice little bar (reply good live music), and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerReginaDined on 7/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food was fantastic. We couldn't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 118 reviews are from the Arrivederci Trattoria reviews archive.
- A Must TryJosieDined on 6/13/2014I found this restaurant in the newspaper under top 10 restaurants to try. I came to this restaurant a few years back and fell in love with their food. Since then I've had birthday dinners with family and friends, family dinners and dinner dates. The food is so good!Special Features:
- Delicious!JulesInAzDined on 6/1/2014The penne vodka was amazing! Excellent portion size and lots of flavor. Our waiter was attentive and followed my note from Open Table stating this was a birthday celebration. He shows up with dessert and candle after dinner without a reminder needed. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Arrivederci, great italian foodCruiser66Dined on 5/30/2014The food was outstanding, however it's concerning when a restaurant can't provide a glass of ice tea for one of my guests! We were a party of five and inspite of having reservations were sent to what we considered an over flow room located off to the side of the main dining room and the wait staff when available was very helpful, but was usually busy waiting other tables in the main dining room. This is the second time we've been to this restaurant and will most likely return again mainly for the outstanding Italian food.Special Features:
- Weeknight dinnerpurnhagwDined on 5/15/2014We love this place! This was only our second trip here, but as good as we remembered. My wife and I both ordered the halibut special: the fish was perfectly cooked (though the vegetables, a bit too much so). Our dining companion ordered the lasagna special, which turned out to be dinner plus two hearty lunches! Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:
- Excellent Arrivederci Trattoriaronpat11Dined on 5/15/2014This was our first time at this restaurant but it will definitely not be our last. We have been searching for an excellent Italian restaurant and we found it here. The food and service is outstanding. I would highly recommend this establishment to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This restaurant does not disappoint. We were there for Mother's Day dinner. There was 12 of us. The service was excellent. The food was excellent. The atmosphere, the staff were perfect. This was not my first time there. Just my husband and I went for dinner another time. We were so impressed. That's why I chose there for Mother's Day. My whole family enjoyed it as well. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayLindaNBillDined on 5/11/2014We frequent Arrivederci as it is a neighborhood favorite. We know and like the staff who always give us special and individual attention. We have menu favorites that seem to get better each time we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Gourmet ItalianDocShoeDined on 4/25/2014We love good Italian food! Where ever we have lived or traveled, we always looked for the "best" Italian kitchen. We enjoy a good Italian kitchen. Last night we found it last night at Arrivederci in Ahwatukee. The staff and food were incomparable. When the waiter came to our table for the order, I challenged him by saying, "Ask the chef to make his favorite." Out came an incredible veal dish reminding me of some of the great restaurants in Northern Italy. The Tuscan red wine the waiter suggested pared perfectly with our food. Our compliments to you and your great staff! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantIBMeDined on 4/18/2014I had the lamb shank, Osso Buco. It was excellent! This was the second time I had it and it was as delicious as I remembered it being.Special Features:
- TerribleDTSTVIPDined on 3/28/2014I will never go back to this restaurant again. The service was the worst and the food was marginal. We have eaten at the Scottsdale location and thought we would give this a try. Never, never again is all I can say.
- Great first impressionLeahlaDined on 3/27/2014I decided to check this place out based on other Open Table reviews. I was with a group of 5 and we were seated right away. Service was good, our waiter was attentive and helpful in explaining some of the specials. Also, they were out of our initial Chardonnay choice, but made some excellent alternative recommendations. I ordered the shrimp ravioli with vodka sauce (one of the specials) and it was excellent. The live music playing in the bar added to the experience. LSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watery MartiniSewingVIPDined on 3/17/2014Quiet restaurant. Decent food. Chair fell apart on my husband. My Martini with Grey Goose tasted like just water. They had lost the lid to their shaker.
- Bad NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/13/2014Arrivederci is a good candidate for Restaurant Impossible. Bad food (out of date crab cakes, overdressed salad), lousy service (distracted, slow and way too honest about the spoiled crab) and tired decor.
- Authentic Italian Goodness!Groupof6Dined on 2/22/2014This restaurant is one of my favorite places! Their food is always excellent and the Ravioli Caprese is my must have dish! Whether it is a romantic night out for two or a small group of friends, this is a place sure to please! It is a great neighborhood gem, which we were happy to stumble upon a few years ago. It is one of our go to spots for a nice night out!Special Features:
- Menu ChangedRLS8GUYDined on 2/14/2014We book specifically for the Menu they had posted online, but when we arrived, they had changed the Menu for Valentines Day, which was disappointing. We asked to make a change to a dish, server said no problem, but when it came out, it wasn't correct and they offered no solution. Will go back , as we liked the online menu, so giving it another shot.Special Features:
- This was our first time toluv2dineDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time to this restaurant and overall it was enjoyable. We had reservations on a busy Valentine's Day and were seated promptly. Wine was good and food was very tasty and portions large. We only had a main course and it was a good thing because the portion was so large we had to take half home which they very nicely boxed. Overall a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- ExperienceConradDined on 2/14/2014Good food filled your appetite and prompt, kind, and caring service warms your heart. The food was very good. Yet our service was lacking. Increase service expectation and it will create the full dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normally a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Have been coming here for a long time as my wife and I love the food. This go round was horrible. It took 55 minutes for our food to arrive and our server didn't even apologize until after I'd already complained to the manager. But I know our server has worked there forever, so he seemed like he really didn't care. Overall the food was still amazing but the service was very sub par. Even for a busy night like valentines day. The couple next to us was seated 30 minutes after us and had already paid their check before our food arrived. Bad form arrivederci.Special Features:
- First Experience and Last4DRECORDDined on 2/9/2014My girl friend had heard some good comments about your restaurant. She ordered Veal Picata. It was very "lemony", tough, and difficult to eat. I ordered the Pork. It was so tough I had a difficult time "sawing" through it. A steak knife may have helped.. It was very tough and difficult to chew. I left the center portion so that our waiter could show it to the chef. When asked how we liked out meal, we both told the waiter how we felt about it. He was kind enough to comp us with a desert. However, this does not satisfy one for a very bad experience. Veal is my girl's favorite meal and I wanted to impress her.Needless to say, it was an embarrassing situation. We are not "habitual complainers". I'm just telling you like it was. Not good!
- Delicious Food!OutWithKidsDined on 2/9/2014Every meal we ordered was excellent (like the best we ever had) from the bread to soup to salad to their pastas. We've had meat in the past and it was also very savory. You leave there completely stuffed because it's so good, you can't stop eating. We went on a Sunday night this time and it was not very crowded, so it was quiet, but we frequently go on Fridays or Saturdays when they have live entertainment and it has a much peppier atmosphere. We have two young kids and they also like the food and the music. The lighting is dim, so it has the mood lighting, but the tables do not have linens, which makes it great for bringing the kids. It's usually loud enough in there too that they are not disruptive to other guests. Great place!!Special Features:
- It's all about the sauce!DelishDined on 1/25/2014We love this little slice of heaven. My favorite dish is the seafood Pasta. The shell fish is fresh and cooked perfectly. The red sauce is delicious. So full of flavor. This is the kind of sauce, you want to sop up,with your bread. My husband had the shrimp and garlic ravioli,in a Vodka sauce. Again, the sauce was so delicate and full of flavor. We loved our waiter and the service. We ended our meal with their delicious Lemoncello!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your coffee is a messFramerDined on 1/17/2014The food is always very good. Some of the pasta is very fresh made from scratch in the kitchen. The wine list is very good and the service is excellent. One thing, the coffee is a wreck, it has been that way every visit, don't even bother. We tried one last time, it showed up after desert , it was lukewarm and not good. They do not offer expresso, etc., just bad coffee. If you insist order Irish coffee, the Bushmills will hide the flavorSpecial Features:
- Always a good mealAZnativeDined on 12/31/2013Excellent food and service. This is our go to restaurant. We enjoy taking friends or just the two of us for a great time. We recommend it fully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip it!DisappointedDined on 12/31/2013We had a party of 8 so the server knew he was guaranteed his 20 percent that was added to the bill. The worst service I have ever had! We ordered soups and salads as appetizers and they never came. The server never acknowledged or made mention that he forgot them. Then we got our main course and frankly Olive Garden put our meals to shame. Horrible overall experience.
- Never ceases to impress!LoveEyeTalianVIPDined on 12/26/2013Arrivederci is our go-to for great Italian food. Friends were in town for the holiday and we decided to introduce Arrivederci to them. They were very impressed with the quality of food, great service and reasonable prices. This will definitely be on their list when they visit AZ again.Special Features:
- Great spot for dinner or drinks.JerryDined on 12/24/2013Great spot for dinner or drinks. Best kept secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christmas eve gemdonnaDined on 12/24/2013We were tired of Chinese food on Christmas eve. We found this place and it was great. food was good and service was good. They did have restricted menu for the evening so I would like to try some of the other items on the menu we saw on line but what we had was great. only drawback was the 7 glasses of water with cucumber in it on our small table. no one was impressed with the cucumber so the water didn't get touched. our server was friendly and answered questions about ingredients since we have people in the party with food allergies. we ordered a bottle of wine for the table that was really nice. The prices were reasonable compared to other restaurants that were open for the holiday. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the city'sRDFoodieDined on 11/22/2013This is one of the city's best Italian restaurants. Their core menu is wonderful and every night they feature specials that show off the chef's creative talent. The waite staff attentive, friendly and anxious to accomodate any special requests. If you're just interested in a happy hour spot the food & drink specials are great.Special Features:
- Nice place and good foodMarkDined on 11/15/2013My wife and I had dinner here and had a very nice meal. The food was well prepared and presented, the wine was reasonable in price and variety plus the service was quite good. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice italian meal in a comfortable setting.Special Features:
- Food was delicious,MichDined on 10/13/2013Our meal was delicious but the restaurant was crowded and they were not prepared with enough waiters. Other than that, the meal was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPlaneGuyDined on 10/5/2013The second year in a row we chose to have our anniversary dinner here. Everything was great, food, service etc. Only slight criticism is that the tables are so close together it is hard to have a conversation without including the tables on either side of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something's Missing - Good FoodFoodieGaloreDined on 10/4/2013Great ambiance and great service make this a very quaint restaurant to go to, but there is something missing and an important component that is good food. The pasta (seemingly home made) seems like it came out of a box, the sauce (was like squeezed tomatoes with no flavor) and it was just a very big let down. Thank goodness, we went with a Group On, but even with those savings, it surely seemed like a restaurant that i cannot get myself returning to.Special Features: