1537 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, BC V5L3Y1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arrivarestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 6042511177
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Let the Arriva staff professionally manage your special event whether it be a birthday, anniversary, retirement party, reunion or corporate function. Arriva has a private function room that will accommodate groups of up to 25 persons. The restaurant is configured in such a way that large open areas can also be reserved for groups exceeding 25 persons. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Paolo Frau 6042511177
- Cross Street: Graveley
- Public Transit: Multiple Bus stops along commercial. Closest is near Graveley.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have limited parking available on the property. Contact the restaurant for parking directions. Street pay parking also available. Underground paid parking also available within 1/2 a block at Mercato Mall.
A word from Arriva Ristorante
“The Drive” has evolved into an eclectic mix of new and old lifestyles while retaining its flavor as the “Little Italy” district of Greater Vancouver. After 28 years in business Arriva has become a Landmark on Commercial Drive and continues to satisfy palates from all over the world. Owner Paolo Frau provides a relaxed, homey atmosphere, where customers can enjoy sumptuous, authentic Italian cuisine. Using the freshest ingredients and traddtional Italian cooking all dishes are prepared fresh daily on the premises including the Gnocchi, sausages, pancetta, sauces, bread and desserts. Arriva goes that extra mile for those customers with special dietary needs and offers whole wheat pasta, a wide selection of vegetarian pasta dishes and gluten free choices. Arriva offers a extensive selection of Italian and International wines to complement every meal making Arriva the restaurant of choice for those seeking a traditional Italian environment with great food and outstanding service!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arriva Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)notable wine list (6)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- First Class Italian DiningLuvItalinDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant has been on 'The Drive' for over 30 years and still turns out superb food, great ambience and a friendly, helpful, engaging staff. I am extremely pleased to know that it will remain on 'Thd Drive' for many more years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly satisfied - last minute bookCOTravDined on 9/9/2014Great food, great environment. The wine selection was good, and reasonably priced. We tried one of their house red selection and were impressed. We will be back again. CO (home Calgary)Special Features:
- PhilsieDined on 9/3/2014Good place to meet a friend when you want good Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service and would recommend in a secondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We ordered " noquis " which were yummy. I was there before and that is the reason I wanted to invite my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mum & Daughter dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed good multi-course, traditional Italian meal with my mum while on vacation and staying nearby on Commercial Drive. The gnocchi were especially good, supposedly handmade fresh each day. Especially enjoyed the excellent Tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, food just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We met some out of town guests at Arriva. The service was very good. The scallop dish was enjoyed by my husband but my veal saltimbocca was far too salty. My sister enjoyed the veal lemony but my brother in law found the Osso Bucco very fatty. The waiter was sorry about our unsatisfactory entrees and offered all of us complimentary desserts which we enjoyed.
- princesssjDined on 6/20/2014We love the relaxed atmosphere. The food is delicious home cooked Italian food. As well as their main menu, they seem to have 3 or 4 specials on the weekend nights that we have been there; giving you additional choices. Wine is affordable. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- Pleasant experiencebigtedDined on 6/6/2014I wasn't blown away by the food, but it was nice enough, and the service and atmosphere were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlanDined on 6/2/2014Food was nicely prepared, the restaurant had good ambience, and the staff were friendly. The wine list was elegant but hard to make an informed decision. Highly suggest that they summarize the wines by grape or price range and the follow with the lovely labels which mean nothing to me if I have not tried the wine (descriptions on the back label were not included just price and label). The Italian draft beer was overpriced but worth a try I suppose. Not my style. We had a good birthday celebration.Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Arriva Ristorante reviews archive.
- HerbDined on 5/17/2014We have been to Arriva several times. Food is always very good and waiters friendly. Wish it was closer to my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Service wasn't badIneedavacationDined on 5/17/2014First time there with my best friend and we ordered 3 things to share. The tuna carpaccio was tasty, butter lettuce with red wine vinegar & olive oil I thought was OK but my friend liked it. The Linguine alle Vongole comes with tomato or white wine sauce but our server didn't ask us which we'd prefer. We got the white wine sauce, which was what I was craving for. Because we were sharing, they divided up the pasta into two separate plates, & I thought the kitchen staff could've done a better job of ensuring the # of clams was somewhat equal but my plate had quite a few less. Didn't matter but I thought the dish was a little dry. I would go back again to try some of the other dishes, & maybe will rate it higher next time.Special Features:
- ReliablewonderboyDined on 5/15/2014Been coming here for years......always reliable. Quick service, excellent pasta and reasonable wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic go to placeMJSrDined on 5/10/2014I wish i lived closer as I would make this a go to place. The service was genuinely warm and attentive. The food was authentic and comforting. Portion size is subjective. My growing son finished his meal quickly but he had to finish mine as I did not want to pack leftovers. Friends rated this well and I agree with them. I will be back.Special Features:
- Mediocre at best...fortheloveoffoodDined on 5/4/2014Anton's is waaaaaaaaaaay better!!!!!! This place has tiny portions and my pasta was greasy... it had a lot to be desired.. Service was ok but they have a surcharge when you bring your own BDAY CAKE!!! $1.50/slice.. GHETTO!!! Anyway.. I wouldn't go back.. Nope.
- Had better service in the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We have been returning to Arriva NOT for the ambiance or the view but the food is good and we've had very good service in the past. I found out the name of the waiter we had previously was Enzo and I won't get a table again unless I am assured we can be in his section. This trip we found ourselves trying to flag our server down on a number of occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDougDined on 4/27/2014Friends recommended this restaurant, so we gave it a try. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent. There was a birthday party going on as we dined, so the servers were very busy, and the noise was beyond my comfort zone. We will definitely return. There are menu items that I must try.Special Features:
- CharmingDebaVIPDined on 4/23/2014The food is always delicious, but we keep going back because of the service. The servers are so funny and charming! We always feel so welcome.Special Features:
- JellyBeanDined on 4/20/2014Came for a family Birthday celebration so the age bracket spanned from 20 to 91 years old. The menu was great as it satisfied all the different appetites of our party. Letting the senior order her "main" from the appetizer section worked perfectly as she is a light eater and the others could enjoy a full course dinner. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was very good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingnightowlDined on 4/16/2014Very good Italian restaurant. Appetizers, pasta and wine were all very good and very authentic. Ambiance is nice. but can get loud if it is very busy. I would have given the service 4 stars because it was great, except getting the bill and paying took way too long.Special Features:
- Best Pasta!ShesheDined on 4/16/2014Great restaurant on the drive, been enjoying the food there for over 20 years. Family owned, wonderful people!Special Features:
- First time here prior to aDaveDined on 4/12/2014First time here prior to a show at The Cultch. Great classic Italian food. I had the veal and my partner had the Carp special. Both were wonderful. It was quiet when we arrived (early because of the show) but it filled up quickly and there was plenty of courteous and prompt service. All in all, a very nice experience and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Loved the night out at Arriva!lovetoeatDined on 4/6/2014Thank you to all the staff at Arriva for making my birthday celebration so enjoyable! The food was excellent, the service very top notch and the ambience relaxing and inviting. Our party of 8 thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointing service taints eveingLilo33Dined on 4/5/2014I had misgivings about this restaurant due to a past experience. But my friend said it was a favorite of hers years ago, when she lived in the area, so I relented, and decided to give it another try. The food was not fancy, but well made at a reasonable price. The service, however, was no different from my last visit. Twenty minutes after we placed our order, I notice that all the other tables had received bread, but we had not. It took another 10 minutes to get our server's attention. By the time the bread had arrived, so had our meals. The server did not return to ask how our meals until we were almost done. We asked for a dessert menu, but when it did not arrive after 15 minutes, we gave up and asked for our bill.
- Over 20 years of pleasureCarloDined on 3/22/2014I have literally been coming here for over 20 years. I love that it is a family run business, and is so consistent in it's food and service. Everything is prepared so well, and is fresh and piping hot. Just delicious! The atmosphere is of a comfortable Italian dining room. There is no pretense, the servers are genuinely friendly, outgoing and professional. I will continue to come back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time travelLionelmessiDined on 3/22/2014a journey into the past: a magnificent traditional Italian restaurant elemental and profoundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchluv2eatoutDined on 3/14/2014Arriva is one of my faves and didn't disappoint. All 3 in our party cleaned our plates leaving not a speck of food. Two of us had Caesar salads which were fresh and crisp. My veal pizzaiola (the reason I come here) was tender and very flavorful accompanied by an array of colorful veggies, cooked to a tender-crisp T. My friends each enjoyed their pasta - one the primavera and the other the puttanesca - both healthy portions for a lunch. As a result, we had no need for dessert. The service was excellent but not intrusive, allowing us to enjoy our time catching up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2014I absolutely love this restaurant! The service and food...consistently outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDgsafeDined on 3/13/2014If the wine list doesn't pull you back for more, the food will , great place to dine. Staff are excellent and the food is great Osso Bucca and Veal Marsala is the best in town! top it off with a bottle of Ruffino Chianti We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find. Salads andFoodie1Dined on 2/21/2014Fabulous find. Salads and pasta were very good. Generous portions. Good value and very comfortable setting. Very friendly and helpful staff. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good Food & Attentive ServicejustsayinDined on 2/15/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience here. Place is a bit dated (been around for 30 years!) but clean. Ambiance is that of rustic with a cozy feel. Lots of families/groups and many of them appear to be regulars. Got a chance to talk to the owner who is very friendly. Food is very good - down-to-earth and not pretentious. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local DishesJackRabbittDined on 2/8/2014We had a very good experience we thought we were coming for the Vancouver dining out experience but very quickly were convinced by the waiter they had better dishes and prices from the menu and he was right. We had a excellent white win to go with our pasta choices and the service was great. Good italian restaurant on commercial st and would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Complete PackageThe2PointersDined on 1/18/2014It was quite by accident that we decided to stop in for a bite to eat as we were heading to an evening event. We only had one hour. We did not have a reservation yet we were greeted warmly, and provided a table immediately. The atmosphere was quaint - warm and cozy. Although the tables were quite close together, we felt like we had our privacy and we were able to hold a conversation without distraction from others. The wine selection was excellent, the food outstanding and the service top notch. We were out of the restaurant in less than one hour, with the feeling that we enjoyed the entire experience and could hardly wait to go back. We consider it now on our list of regular places to dine now.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian mealdinewellDined on 1/11/2014We enjoyed the food, the service and the ambience at this restaurant on "The Drive". Our waiter was friendly and attentive, served us promptly as we were going to the theatre. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItaliantrevneufDined on 1/2/2014We had a fun and delicious Italian dinner. Our oldest son just moved to the neighbourhood and we had a great dinner. Everyone enjoyed their food, mussels, caesar salad, gnocchi, cannelloni, tortellini, osso bucco, veal scallopini. All tasted great and had the taste of tomato sauce I remember from my childhood. Our waiter was friendly and charming. Overall, we had a fun and delicious dinner.Special Features:
- New Year Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2013we went here for a new years eve dinner and it was great. the service was excellent. we got chatting with the owner who was a very friendly guy. i would defiantly go back here again.Special Features:
- Familly DinnerEmkayDined on 12/31/2013Seven of us plus a newborn ate here New Year's Eve. Service was friendly, food excellent. Not our first visit, nor the last.Special Features:
- Authentic - felt like homeChrisandBradleyVIPDined on 12/30/2013I've never left a restaurant review before so I think that my experience at Arriva compelled me to do so, speaks volumes. This was one of the most enjoyable, tasty, and romantic meals of my life. And I've dined at Alinea! The food was amazing (I had beef carpaccio and gnocchi) and our waiter made the evening truly special. I'm Italian (both sides) but I'm not going to say I am an expert on Italian restaurants. I'm certainly not. I am, however, and expert on gnocchi. As much as this pains me to admit, Arriva bested both my grandmothers and my mother. (For shame! I can already feel the Italian mother guilt! Well done, Arriva! Also - the restaurant itself isn't particularly romantic. But it reminded me of childhood and it was nice to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyPTLTDined on 12/30/2013We have been coming to Arrival for many years and have not been disappointed ever. Food is always consistent and very "homey". Noise level was ok as we were there early. Started to get noisy as we were leaving. Will always be coming back regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2013The menu is full of traditional Italian dishes and those we tried were excellently prepared. Caesar salad dressing was very fresh and flavourful, linguine vongole was amazing, tiramisu was light and delicious. Portions are not large, but we did not order a meat course. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.