Arpeggio Food & Wine Bar
Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center Plaza
West 64th Street & Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Arpeggio Food & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arpeggiofoodandwine.com/home/default.asp
- Phone: 212-874-7000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Anthony Marra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Committed to providing an unparalleled level of service and cuisine, Restaurant Associates has earned a reputation for uncompromising quality. Whether you’re hosting an intimate reception, a gala for a few thousand, or a special celebration somewhere in between, we will work with you to custom design a truly memorable experience. We listen carefully to your ideas and then put our experience and imagination to work to choreograph the perfect event.
- Private Party Contact: Catering by Restaurant Associates 212-875-0203 x
A word from Arpeggio Food & Wine Bar
A casual, stylish, full-service a la carte restaurant highlighting innovative Mediterranean cuisine and seasonal ingredients as well as local and global wine selections along with specialty cocktails and mocktails. Guests can dine at the bar, in the lounge or in the center room choosing from appetizers, main courses, artisanal cheeses and cured meats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arpeggio Food & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (10)scenic view (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- convenient for Lincoln CenterStafVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times and the food varies from good to very good. It is in Lincoln Center and so a good place to go before concerts, theater and Opera.Special Features:
- Pre concert dinnerRianeDined on 8/16/2014Great for a quiet dinner before a concert. Very convenient for people in a wheel chair who are attending a concert at Avery Fisher Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln Center StandbyareandgeeDined on 8/13/2014Don't miss for pre-concert or pre-opera dining and the staff treat you like family. Solis menu and great view.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedbvillebroDined on 8/12/2014Drinks - expensive, but okay. Appetizer - $18 cheese plate was tiny, bread was stale. Main course - chicken obviously microwaved, fish & meat decently cooked. Wine - $55 for $11 Malbec? Ridiculous. Appears to have gone downhill in the past year or so.Special Features:
- RodneyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Located in Avery Fisher hall at Lincoln Center, the ideal place to dine before performance there or in the Koch theater across the plaza. Italian themed menu, food well prepared. Good service, will get you out on time even when it gets crowded which it usually does starting around 6.30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014disappointing, my first visit to this place. It looked like it was squeezed into the foyer of beautiful Avery Fisher Hall. So, to begin with it didn't feel right. Reading the menu, the food sounded interesting, especially the appetizers. So my friend and I ordered the pea soup and the crab cake. Both dishes left us cold. The emphasis seemed to be more on the presentation and the price (!) than on the actual quality of the food. The dishes were basically bland. The service was good, meaning the waitress did everything she was supposed to be doing but it felt put on instead of authentic. The location is nice and convenient for a pre performance dinner but the prices for the dishes are not justified considering the quality of the food.
- luv2dineDined on 8/5/2014under question 2 you need to add a category: "good for pre-concert eating"
- Excellent service, poor foodnygalDined on 8/2/2014This place is very pleasant and of course convenient for concert goers. Unfortunately, the food is not good and what is more it is pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RianeDined on 7/30/2014It is a perfect restaurant to have dinner before a concert,I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good Lincoln Center diningluv2dineVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is convenience at its best, located right in Avery Fischer Hall. The food is good and the staff tries to help you finish in time for the show/ concert without giving you the feeling of being rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-conert diningJillDined on 7/29/2014The service is always attentative and they ALWAYS get you out in time to get to your seat! Some of the staff have been there forever...really nice and they remember you. Food choices have changed and improved. But it would be great to have just a plain green salad (no arugala) as an option. I often have an appetizer and salad. This time the tomato, feta, cucumber salad was good but not great...its summer but the tomatoes were pale and hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 7/29/2014excellent but overpriced. small pieces of salami cost $$$$$$Special Features:
- NaomiDined on 7/29/2014Great before concert at Avery Fisher Hall. Excellent food and ambience providing a relaxed, grown-up dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- passforfoodDined on 7/12/2014The staff , especially the waitress were the most accommodating. She (sorry do not recall her name) went out of her way to make us comfortable and offer to taste the wine, when I hesitated about the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location and Fast ServiceAmethyst915Dined on 7/5/2014This is a great spot for a bite to eat before a performance at Avery Fisher Hall. Fast service and food was good. Probably not worth the full price, but hey it is NYC and we just got up and walked into the concert hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a very convenient restaurant for Lincoln Center. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. And I am never late to the performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln CentergrandmaluVIPDined on 7/2/2014A great place to eat if you are going to a performance at Lincoln Center, especially if it is raining.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal - Excellent ConcertReikiHelpsVIPDined on 7/2/2014Arpeggio is located in Avery Fisher Hall. Dinner there is very convenient for concert goers. But, if the food isn't good, then convenient or not, I wouldn't go. But the food is and I did. It 's a wonderful beginning to a night with the New York Philamonic. I had the Split Pea soup. Though different from what I expected, it was very tasteful and I liked it. Then I had the Lemon-Herb Chicken Breast. It too was very good. The chicken was done correctly - cooked but not over cooked. It was moist and tender. I don't care for risotto, but my wife does. She had most of the risotto the chicken rested on and she said it was very good. For dessert, I had gelato. Really really excellent. Next time, I'm trying the Lasagna!
- Good Food Well Managedeating4pleasureDined on 6/27/2014Due to a bad traffic jam we were about 45 min late for our reservation and arrived about an hour before our concert was scheduled to start. We called them to say we'd be late and, without a fuss, they kept our reservation and graciously seated us immediately upon our arrival (when there were 'walk-ins' waiting for tables). Without making us feel rushed, we were able to order our food and wine and were served promptly so we even had dessert and made the concert on time. The food was superb and well presented. It was a very enjoyable experience - a precursor to a most enjoyable concert. I'd do it all again - except for the traffic jam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJDSEDined on 6/27/2014I have been here many times and the food and service are usually good enough. But last evening, it was awful. The waitress showed us her computer print out of the special for us to read because she couldn't understand or say it. The service was slow and careless. My fish entree was bland. I had to salt it to make it edible. Very disappointing. And not inexpensive!
- Philharmonic diningdeesardaisDined on 6/26/2014The location is perfect for or philharmonic subscription. Our service is almost always wonderful, as it was last evening - although slow, however the food came out barely warm and despite a 5:30 reservation there was not enough time for tea, coffee or dessert. Also, this was the first time we were told about a 10% discount on our dinner because of our subscription. Have I been missing something for 15 years or is this new?Special Features:
- Arpeggio Food and Wine BarKittycentralDined on 6/26/2014Very good service. Got you out for the concert in plenty of time. Food was very good. Friendly and courteous service,Special Features:
- Dependable as alwaysChemmacDined on 6/25/2014Once again; this restaurant serves those going to an evening NY Philharmonic concert. We at least have never had lunch there. That being said, it does give value. Yes; one can get really superb food elsewhere, but Arpeggio does very well indeed, considering that most of its clientele are anxious to be finished with dinner in plenty of time for a 7:30 or 8 pm concert. Arpeggio is efficient; it has to be. It's unfair on the chef just to give faint praise. My brook trout was particularly delicious. The menu isn't extensive; how could it be? Of course, we shall be back for the next concert season!I would recommend this to a friend.
- freddyDined on 6/25/2014food was edible, but nothing more. service was friendly but unpolished. salmon was raw and was sent back. it had been ordered well done. when they brought it out again, it was fine. my dessert (ice cream) came ten minutes after my companions'. we had dined here before and it was better. it is way overpriced for the value. only good for convenience when the weather is bad. the place was mobbed to obviously my opinion is irrelevant.
- Dependable, convenient and fastTheatergoerDined on 6/20/2014Food is dependable. Very convenient for attending events at Lincoln Center. And food service is quick.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2014A surprisingly good restaurant. A good meal before a usually good performance.Special Features:
- Location onlyJeffVIPDined on 6/18/2014Used to like this place, but now I think it's only benefit is location within Avery Fisher Hall. The food and service are mediocre, and it's way overpriced.
- Nothing special - but convenient!KARfoodieDined on 6/14/2014Good last-minute place to go before Philharmonic concerts because of convenience, but food is nothing special. Meatball appetizer heavily salted. Brook trout itself was very good, but remainder of dinner plate a strange onion grapefruit concoction that looked like Sysco canned food. Overpriced for what you get.Special Features:
- Always at least good; this time A+ChemmacDined on 6/12/2014Of course, this place has its built-in clientele: NY Philharmonic concert-goers. That said, it is very efficiently run and in our experience dependable. This time I came by myself (opera rehearsal for lady companion: she missed both a superb pianist, Bronfman, and a very good meal.) We try to get the same server: "Theresa", who is both pleasant and very efficient, and always seems to know what is specially good. It was impressive watching her handle a table of three elderly ladies, leaving them with three happy smiles. A superb natural psychologist, I think; it's particularly important here to keep the NY Philharmonic customers satisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 6/12/2014Always pleasant and the staff knows what you like if you've been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodJakeDined on 6/11/2014Pre-concert service slow, waiter forgot side dish, cooked aspagus undercooked and cold, SALMON GOOD, (so not all bad), should be better considering location and prices....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014The best thing about Arpeggio is the location in Lincoln Center and being in Philharmonic Hall. Second best is the reasonably price good food. the main problem is the noise, especially in the hall way between the 2 larger rooms, where we 4 older women were seated before a concert recently. A table of 4 near us was incredibly noisy, which may have been the location or perhaps the people themselves. The sound level in restaurants in NYC tends to be a problem these days. I would suggest having a "Quiet " area fro clients who you deem to be over 65, which is a large percentage of subscribers to the opera, ballets, and the Philharmonic.Special Features:
- Very disappointedCocoaDined on 6/11/2014My waiter was unfriendly. I think when you are paying that kind of money, you have to provide a good service. We will not dine there again. We will go to Café Boulud across the street. One thing I abhor is spending my money where I feel like I need to please the waiter or waitress.
- CHRYSVIPDined on 6/6/2014The convenience of Arpeggio is (for me) it's prime asset.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the Lincoln Center Gemdocky2VIPDined on 6/5/2014Whenever I go to Lincoln Center to the Ballet or the Symphony , I love to eat here. The food is good, the service very good and the whole experience very pleasant.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Good place to go for a quick bite before a concert. A bit pricey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllenDined on 5/28/2014Such a great addition to Lincoln Center! I always know that the food will be very good, the staff friendly, and the location PERFECT.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014It's a great and convenient place to have dinner while attending a concert at Lincoln Center. The food is good but pricy. The service in general is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerxDined on 5/24/2014Very nice, food good, but not spectacular. They had some difficulty with organizing the serving. We have been there before and always found it very pleasant.Special Features:
- convenient to lincoln center BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2014We were disappointed with Arpeggio...food was mediocre, service was very brusque, and the evening we dined, the temperature in the restaurant was probably around 60 degrees. Most of the diners kept their coats on! Other than the fact that we were attending an 8PM performance and the location was convenient, I would NOT recommend.